What happened? Where is Sir Eustace?
發生什么了尤斯塔斯爵士在哪
Dead
死了
You really mustn't blame yourself, you know
你不能怪自己
No, you're quite right
是 你說得對
I'm glad you're seeing sense
很高興你在逐漸開悟
Watson is equally culpable
華生也應該受譴責
Between us we've managed to botch this whole case
我們搞砸了整個案子
I gave an undertaking to protect that man
我做出承諾要保護那個人
now he's lying there with a dagger in his breast
結果他現在胸口插著匕首倒在那里
In fact, you gave an undertaking to investigate his murder
其實你承諾的是調查他的謀殺案
In the confident expectation, I would not have to!
滿懷沒這個必要的自信
Anything you can tell us, Doctor?
你能告訴我們什么嗎醫生
Well, he's been stabbed with considerable force
兇手刺殺他的力度可不小
It's a man then?
這么說是男性
Possibly
可能是
A very keen blade so it could conceivably have been a woman?
刀刃非常鋒利也可能是女性
In theory, yes
從理論上說是的
but we know who it was I saw her
但我們知道是誰我看見她了
Watson! I saw the ghost with my own eyes!
華生 我看見鬼魂了親眼所見
You saw nothing! You saw what you were supposed to see!
你什么也沒看見 你看到了別人演的
You said yourself I have no imagination
你自己說過的我沒有想象力
Then use your brain such as it is to eliminate the impossible which in this case is the ghost
那就動動腦去掉不可能的情況 在這樁案子中就是鬼魂
and observe what remains which in this case is a solution
并且觀察余下的 就此而言就是答案
so blindingly obvious even Lestrade could work it out!
十分明顯就連雷斯垂德也能想明白
Thank you!
謝謝