Previously on The Good Wife...
《傲骨賢妻》前情提要
Lemond Bishop, you're under arrest for murder.
雷蒙德·畢夏普,你因涉嫌謀殺被捕了
It's not about your drug business.
不是你的毒品生意
It's about your legit businesses.
是你的合法生意
A confidential informant?
一個秘密線人?
Yeah, you're accused of killing a confidential informant
對,你被控謀殺在旗下一間健身俱樂部
at one of your health clubs.
供職的秘密線人
All those opposed?
反對的請舉手
The proposal passes.
提案通過
Next on the agenda, Will...
下一項議程,威爾
I ask for a show of hands to formalize
請各位舉手表決
the appointment of equity partner, Alicia Florrick,
是否接納權益合伙人艾麗西婭·福瑞克
to the steering committee.
加入決策委員會
All those in favor?
贊成的請舉手
Great, welcome, Alicia.
很好,歡迎加入,艾麗西婭
I think you have an agenda.
議程表你有了吧
I do, thank you.
有了,謝謝
Can we talk about money now?
現在能談錢了嗎
Yes.
當然
David proposes reacquiring the 27th and the 29th floors.
大衛提議購回27樓和29樓
It's time we look like a real law firm again
是時候恢復一間律所該有的面貌了
and not some Burmese tent city.
不要再擠成緬甸帳篷大會了
I would only argue that we not make the same mistake
我認為別像在經濟衰退初期一樣
we made at the beginning of the downturn.
犯同樣的錯誤
We overspent and regretted it.
過度開支又追悔莫及
Yes, but in my opinion we're living in a new economy
對,但我認為目前經濟形勢已經好轉
and there's as much danger of us
在開支上過于保守
being too conservative with our finances.
也會令我們面臨很大危機
And what might be the danger of being too conservative?
過于保守會有什么危機
Oh, no, Mommy and Daddy are fighting.
不是吧,爹地媽咪又吵架了
Look, we're one of the few all-service firms left standing,
我們是僅存的幾間全業務型律所之一
and if we don't expand,
如果我們不擴張
our clients will leave us for someone who will.
客戶就會流向有野心的律所
But they haven't up to this point.
但他們還沒到這種程度
Because the economy has scared them.
那是因為他們被經濟危機嚇到了
Okay, no more speeches.
好了,別爭了
I propose we lease back the 27th and the 29th floor
我提議在被別的律所趕上之前
before they're snatched up.
租回27樓和29樓
And I propose that if this motion fails,
我提議如果這個提案沒通過
we study the economic impact in a subcommittee.
就成立小組委員會研究其經濟影響
Oh, yes, by all means,
搞來搞去
form another subcommittee.
又成立個小組委員會
Everyone in favor of David Lee's proposal,
同意大衛·李提案的
please raise their hands.
請舉手
Come on, Debbie,
拜托,黛比
stop sucking up to Diane.
別再拍戴安馬屁了
All those opposed?
反對的請舉手
All right, six for and six against.
好吧,六比六
You are kidding me.
你逗我玩呢
Will, do you mind heading up the subcommittee
威爾,你介意做小組委員會的組長
to study the economic impact of leasing these new floors?
研究租用新樓層的經濟影響嗎
I don't mind. Good.
不介意,好
So, one more matter:
還有件事
there seems to be some concern about our investigator.
目前有人對我們的調查員有所擔憂
With the influx of new business,
隨著新業務的擴展
there's a feeling that she is being overtaxed.
她似乎有點不堪重負
I propose we hire a new investigator.
我提議再雇一個調查員
To work with Kalinda?
跟凱琳達共事嗎
I don't care, I just want it done.
我無所謂,能解決這事就行
Yes, someone to work with Kalinda.
對,找個人與凱琳達分擔工作
When we hired a second investigator a few years ago,
幾年前我們多雇了一個調查員
it didn't work out so well.
結果不歡而散
Oh, my God, she's right.
天啊,她說得對
What were we thinking?
我們當時怎么想的
Well, I think we can find a better fit than Blake.
我們應該能找個比布萊克更合適的人選
All those in favor of hiring a second investigator?
同意再雇一個調查員的請舉手
Yes, be brave, lone voice in the wilderness.
對,要勇敢,獨自在荒野中吶喊吧
Good, I will form a subcommittee for hiring, and with that...
好,我會組成一個招聘小組,然后
No new business, I'm out of here.
沒別的事我就走了
Diane.
戴安
Could I be on that subcommittee?
我能參加招聘小組嗎
Well, I know you're friends with Kalinda
我知道你跟凱琳達很要好
But you're an equity partner now.
但你現在是權益合伙人了
Your loyalty has to be with the firm. I know.
你要忠于律所的利益,我知道
You cannot tell her anything. I know.
你什么也不能透露給她,我知道
Confidentiality rules.
要遵守保密規則
But certainly you can join the subcommittee. Thank you.
但是你加入招聘小組沒問題,謝謝
I think you're late for court, aren't you?
你出庭要遲了吧
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
Liz? Yeah, yeah.
莉茲,是我,是我
I haven't seen you since school.
畢業后就沒再見過你了
Look at you, you look exactly the same.
看啊,你一點沒變
So do you, wow.
你也是
And, uh, we're on opposite sides again,
我們又是對手了
just like school.
就像在學校里
Good guys, bad guys.
正方,反方
All right, I'll, uh, see you inside.
那我們庭上見
Okay.
好的
Who's that?
那是誰
Liz Lawrence.
莉茲·勞倫斯
My nemesis in law school.
我上學時的死對頭
Is she good?
她很厲害嗎
Yes.
是的
Mr. Bishop's comfort level
畢夏普先生的舒適度
should not be our concern, Your Honor.
不是我們要擔心的問題,法官閣下
This is not about our client's comfort level, Your Honor.
與我方當事人的舒適度無關,法官閣下
This is about his eight-year-old son
而是關于他八歲的兒子
who he has not seen since his arrest.
畢夏普被捕后他就沒見過父親
Then, Mr. Bishop shouldn't have killed
那畢夏普先生就不該殺害
one of our confidential informants.
我方的秘密線人
Excuse me, Mr. Bishop did not kill anyone.
說什么呢,畢夏普先生根本沒殺人
We have evidence that the
我方有證據證明
confidential informant's boyfriend, Noah,
那名秘密線人的男友,諾亞
physically abused her on dozens of occasions.
多次對她施以暴力
And where is this evidence?
證據在哪里
We've been hearing about this boyfriend for months now.
被告幾個月來多次提起這位男朋友
We are prepared to present this evidence, Your Honor.
我方準備將此證據呈上法庭,法官閣下
But once again the AUSA is simply attempting
但聯邦助理檢察官純粹是想再次懲罰
to punish our client... Mrs. Florrick is misinformed.
我方當事人,福瑞克夫人理解錯了
I'm attempting to prevent their client from fleeing.
我只是想防止他們的當事人逃跑
Thank you, counselors.
謝謝,律師們
Counselors.
律師們
. . Bishop will be remanded into the custody of a U.S. Marshal
準許畢夏普在聯邦法院執行官的監管下
and permitted to visit his son
每周在監獄外
outside of prison two hours every week.
和其子共處兩小時
Even in law school, I always let you win one.
即便是在讀書時,我也總會讓你贏一次
Oh, is that what that was?
是你讓我贏的嗎
Kalinda found the CI's boyfriend, Noah. Good.
凱琳達找到線人的男友諾亞了,好
What did he say?
他怎么說
She found him in the morgue.
她在停尸房找到他的
He heard the police were looking for him
他聽說警方在找他
and shot himself in the head.
就吞槍自殺了
Did he leave a suicide note?
有遺言嗎
She's checking.
她正在找
We can still point to him as the most likely suspect.
我們仍能將他指為頭號嫌疑人
We have the police reports on Noah's abusiveness.
我們有諾亞施暴的警方報告
And we have witnesses who saw him fleeing the murder.
還有看見他逃離現場的目擊證人
Yeah, but the boyfriend's dead.
沒錯,但他已經死了
Hey, Dad,
爸爸
watch this.
看好了
Derrick Rose better watch his back.
德里克·羅斯可要防著你了
Judy, could you give me a second with Mrs. Florrick?
朱迪,能讓我和福瑞克夫人單獨談談嗎
Uh, sure.
沒問題
Do you need anything?
要點什么東西嗎
No, I'm good. Thanks, sis.
不用了,謝謝,妹妹
Look, this isn't over.
我們并非束手無策
We still have the testimony backing up your alibi.
我們仍有證詞支持你的不在場證據
My sister's testimony, yeah.
我妹妹的證詞
They'll think she's lying to protect me.
他們會覺得她是在包庇我
They want to get me.
他們一心想整我
There's a lawyer I know.
我認識一個律師
Charles Lester.
查爾斯·萊斯特
I want you to take him with you.
我希望你們跟他合作
Mr. Bishop, if you're unhappy
畢夏普先生,如果你對我們的
with your representation... Stop it.
法律服務不滿意... 不是的
What I want is for you to work with Charles Lester.
我只是希望你們和查爾斯·萊斯特合作
Dad, come on.
爸爸,來呀
Can you believe it?
你能相信嗎
They might convict me for the one thing I didn't do.
這次我是清白的,卻有可能被他們定罪
Need something to do?
有事嗎
No, I seem to have a subcommittee to head up.
沒有,我要帶領小組委員會討論
It's nice of you to volunteer.
謝謝你主動請纓
Actually, I think I was volunteered.
其實我覺得我是被主動了
What's going on?
怎么回事
We're six to six.
現在是六比六
Looking into the economic impact.
因此要研究下經濟影響
No, you're filibustering.
不,是你在阻撓決策
We escaped the executioner, Will.
我們剛剛逃過一劫,威爾
Now that we have some reserves,
如今略有盈余
why are we so anxious to spend them?
為什么要急著花掉
Because we need to grow.
因為我們要成長
We need to hire and add offices.
我們要雇人手,要增加辦公室
And end up right where we started?
然后周而復始嗎
No, you were the one who wanted to open an office
不,當初是你想在紐約開一間分所
in New York and go after Canning's firm.
來對付坎寧的律所
Yes, I was angry.
是的,當時我很生氣
Well, get angry again.
那你就再生回氣
We are responsible for 300 employees.
我們對300名員工負有責任
We aren't rebels, we're not gamblers.
我們既不是叛逆者,也不是賭徒
Wait.
等等
What?
怎么
Stern said that when you have a partnership disagreement,
斯特恩說過,當合伙人意見有分歧時
you look at your mission statement.
就去讀讀自己的使命宣言
What mission statement?
什么使命宣言
Exactly.
不知道就對了
You guys are great.
你們很棒
Just keep it up.
要繼續保持
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
That's the CI, Christina Diaz,
這就是秘密線人,克里斯汀娜·迪亞茲
three months before she was murdered.
這是她被殺三個月前
The one Bishop said he never met.
畢夏普說從未見過她
Things just keep getting worse.
真是每況愈下
Where'd you find it?
你在哪里找到的
One of the gym workers.
一個健身房員工錄的
They were having a celebration
他們在為業績最好的銷售人員
for the most membership sales. He taped it.
開慶祝會,他錄了下來
Do the Feds know about it?
聯邦調查員知道這東西嗎
The tape? No, not yet.
錄影帶嗎,還不知道
We can't destroy it.
我們不能銷毀它
I know, but we don't need to tell them
我知道,但我們也不用告訴他們
that it exists.
它的存在
This is just a copy.
這只是拷貝件
Yeah, they'll just find it anyway, won't they?
是啊,他們遲早會找到的吧
Well, sometimes they're not as good at their jobs.
有時候他們也不是那么厲害
Yeah.
是我
Okay.
好的
Need to go meet our new cocounsel.
得去會會我們新的協理律師了
Cocounsel?
協理律師?
Someone Bishop wants us to use.
畢夏普指定的人
You heard?
你聽說了嗎
Yes, Charles Lester is here.
聽說了,查爾斯·萊斯特來了
This should be interesting.
肯定很有意思
What does Mr. Bishop's personal lawyer look like?
畢夏普先生的私人律師會是什么樣
Yeah.
是啊
Mr. Lester.
萊斯特先生
Yes.
我在這里
Mr. Charles Lester?
查爾斯·萊斯特先生嗎
Yes.
是的
And you're...
你是...
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
And Cary Agos.
你一定是凱里·艾格斯
Yes.
是的
Well, you're not at all what I expected.
你們和我想象的完全不同
Really? No, you both look much younger.
真的嗎,你們比我想象的年輕多了
Oh, well, that's nice.
您真會說話
Should we get going on these witness interviews?
我們出發去采訪證人吧
Yes, I think first we're going to go and see, um...
好,我想我們第一個要找的是...
Ike Kramer.
艾克·克雷默
Uh, no, I-I...
不,我...
Don't you hate it when you write something down
真煩人,明明寫在紙上以防自己忘了
on a piece of paper and then...
卻找不到...
Oh, thanks.
謝了
Ike Kramer.
艾克·克雷默
He's a, uh, trainer at, uh,
他是個教練
one of Mr. Bishop's gymnasiums.
在畢夏普先生的一家健身房工作
Oh, good, so you have the address?
好,你知道地址對吧
Yes, I do.
是的,我知道
It's, um...
在...
it's over on, um...
就在...
I already talked to the Feds.
我已經跟聯邦政府的人說過了
Yeah, we know. Just, just tell us what you told them.
我們知道,告訴我們你跟他們說了什么
Look, I'm not trying to hurt Mr. Bishop,
聽著,我不是想害畢夏普先生
I'm just trying to tell the truth.
我只是想說出事實真相
He had us in a meeting.
他給我們開了個會
He told us that if he caught anyone skimming,
他說如果誰被他發現隱瞞收入
he would kill them.
他就殺了誰
Those were his exact words?
那是他的原話嗎
He would kill them?
他說他要殺了他們
Not get rid of in the sense of fire?
而不是說"干掉"表示要開除他們嗎
No, look, we all knew Christina was skimming.
不是,我們都知道克里斯汀娜隱瞞收入
Bishop didn't know she was a CI.
畢夏普不知道她是秘密線人
None of us did.
我們都不知道
But I think he killed her
但我認為他殺了她
because she was skimming.
因為她隱瞞收入
Couldn't he have been using the work jokingly?
他有沒有可能是開玩笑地說要殺人
Well, no one laughed.
沒人覺得好笑
I mean, I like Mr. Bishop a lot,
我很喜歡畢夏普先生
but he has a...
但他有著...
serious side.
很嚴肅的一面
Okay.
好吧
Mr. Lester, do you have any questions?
萊斯特先生,你有什么問題要問嗎
Uh, yes.
有
Uh, just a second.
稍等一下
There we go.
找到了
What are the hours here?
這里的營業時間是幾點
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
早8點到晚10點
8:00 to 10:00-- that's pretty standard?
8點到10點,是標準營業時間對吧
Yes.
是啊
And what is that?
那是什么
That over there.
那張圖
It's a chart about body weight.
是關于體重的圖表
Really, and you're interested in body weight?
是嗎,你對體重很感興趣嗎
Yes... I... am.
是的,感興趣
Okay, good.
好,很好
That's it for me.
我問完了
That's-- no more questions?
這...你沒別的問題了嗎
Uh, no.
沒了
We have a problem.
我們遇到個問題
We'd rather keep this confidential.
我們不想讓這事張揚出去
You know our client, Seth De Luca?
你知道我們的客戶賽斯·德·盧卡吧
The restaurateur?
那個餐館老板
Exactly.
沒錯
He was one of Stern's first clients.
他是斯特恩最早的客戶之一
Eight years with us.
與我們合作八年了
Okay, what's wrong?
好吧,怎么了
He paid his bill on time.
他按時付了錢給我們
In full?
全款支付
Down to the cent.
一分不差
You think he's leaving?
你們覺得他要換律所了
That's the worry.
就是這樣
Just check and see if he's meeting other firms.
去查查看他是否在約見其他律所
We don't want to lose old clients
我們不想在開拓新客戶的同時
while we're pursuing new ones.
卻失去了老客戶
I'm on it.
我會去查
You saw, uh,
你看到
Thao, Crowne & Associates went bankrupt?
邵&克勞恩律所破產的消息了吧
Yeah, I did.
看到了
Any friends there out of work?
那家律所有你認識的朋友嗎
A few-- two investigators.
有幾個,我認識他們兩個調查員
Why?
怎么了
Oh, no reason.
沒事
Thank you.
謝謝你
Your Honor, this is merely a preliminary hearing.
法官閣下,這只是預審而已
If there isn't enough evidence,
如果沒有足夠的證據
Mr. Bishop should be free.
就應該放了畢夏普先生
The defense is trying to get two cracks at bat:
貪婪的被告想占據兩次盤問機會
here, during this hearing,
先是在這次預審中
and then again during trial. Your Honor,
然后在審訊中還要盤問,法官閣下
the prosecution is shirking... Let them cross-examine
檢方在推卸,讓他們到審訊時
during the trial. - ...its responsibilities.
再盤問我們的證人,他們的責任
They will have plenty of time...
到時他們有足夠的時間
Counsel... Counselors!
律師,律師們
Question your witness, Ms. Lawrence.
勞倫斯女士,向你的證人發問
Show me there's enough to prosecute.
向我展示你有足夠的證據起訴
Thank you, Your Honor.
謝謝您,法官閣下
Mr. Kramer, thank you for making yourself available.
克雷默先生,感謝你前來作證
Don't worry. We're gonna lose here,
別擔心,我們雖在預審中輸掉
but it will prepare us for trial, okay?
但這能讓我們為審訊做好準備
you work at Mr. Bishop's gym
你在畢夏普先生的健身房
Fine Fitness?
富強健身房工作對嗎
Yes, I'm a trainer there. Now, Mr. Kramer,
是,我是那的教練,克雷默先生
you heard Mr. Bishop make a pronouncement
你聽到了畢夏普先生在一次會議中
about skimming in one of his meetings, didn't you?
就隱瞞收入問題作出的警告,對嗎
Yeah.
是的
And what was that pronouncement?
他說了什么
That he wouldn't tolerate anybody skimming.
他說他不能容忍任何人隱瞞收入
And didn't he say that he would murder anybody caught skimming?
他是否說他要謀殺被發現隱瞞收入的員工
No.
沒有
I...
我
He didn't?
他沒有嗎
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Did he say that he would kill anybody caught skimming?
他是否說他會殺死被發現隱瞞收入的員工
No.
沒有
You told our investigators he did.
你對我們的調查員說過他是那么說的
No.
沒有
I said Mr. Bishop said
我說的是畢夏普先生
that he would "Get rid of" anybody he caught skimming.
說他會"干掉"被他發現隱瞞收入的員工
And by that he meant "Kill."
"干掉"的意思就是"殺死"
No. He meant "Fire."
不,他的意思是"開除"
Uh, Your Honor, uh...
法官閣下
we need some time to discuss this.
我們需要時間討論一下
Sure, but we immediately request
當然,但我們請求
a dismissal, Your Honor.
立即駁回此案,法官閣下
Your Honor, the witness is changing his tune...
法官閣下,證人改變了他的證詞
Absent that, we ask for bail.
如不駁回,我們申請保釋
There isn't enough sufficient evidence...
檢方沒有足夠的證據...
Please, that's enough.
停下,夠了
So what happened there?
那是怎么回事
Witness recanted. Yes...
證人改變立場了,是
but why? Oh, I have no idea.
但為什么,我不知道
Maybe we intimidated him.
也許我們震懾住了他
I mean, who else? It was just us.
還能有誰,只有我們在場
Hi.
你們好
Say, could I take a gander at
能讓我看一眼
the other evidence against Mr. Bishop?
其他對畢夏普先生不利的證據嗎
I heard there was a videotape
我聽說有一卷錄影帶
that could be a bit damaging.
可能會給我們造成麻煩
22 years on the force, got my pension.
從軍22年,拿了撫恤金
Since then I've been doing freelance investigative work.
從那以后就開始做兼職調查員
Thank you, Sergeant.
謝謝你,軍士
Please... Walt.
叫我沃特就好
Good old Walt.
老沃
Walt.
沃特
And so you're currently ready to work?
那你現在準備好上崗了嗎
Am I currently ready? Yeah.
我現在準備好了嗎,當然
I got my coffee thermos right here.
我都準備好喝這兒的咖啡了
Any more questions?
還有其他問題嗎
Yes. Um, Walt, do you have much experience working with women?
有,沃特,你有和女性共事的經驗嗎
Oh, sure.
當然有
And how do you feel about working with a female investigator?
那你怎么看待與一位女性調查員合作
No complaints here.
完全沒問題
I love the ladies,
我喜歡和女性相處
and the ladies love me.
女性朋友們也喜歡我
Sergeant Wilkins,
威爾金斯軍士
they're almost ready for you.
他們馬上就好
Am I being replaced?
你們要找人取代我嗎
No. There are three ex-cops in Reception.
沒有,前臺那里坐著三個退休警察
Really?
真的嗎
And how do you know they're ex-cops?
你怎么知道他們是退休警察
You're not being replaced.
我們沒有要取代你
You're interviewing investigators.
你們在面試調查員
Why would you be interviewing investigators,
如果不是要招第二個調查員
unless you want a second one?
你們為什么要找人面試
Yes.
是的
We're expanding your department.
我們要擴大你的部門
My department? Yes.
我的部門?是的
You're a department now.
你現在是個部門了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
The Office of Legal Investigators.
律所調查人員辦公室
I don't have a desk but I have a department?
我連辦公桌都沒有,卻有部門了
We'll get you a desk.
我們會給你弄張辦公桌
And how you doing with our wayward restaurateur?
我們那位不忠誠的餐館老板查得怎樣了
Any reason why he paid on time?
查到他按時付款的原因了嗎
So this other investigator...
這個新調查員...
the second investigator.
第二個調查員
He'll work under me?
他會在我手下工作嗎
Not necessarily.
不一定
So you're expanding my department,
所以你要擴張我的部門
but I'm not the head of my department?
但我卻不是我自己部門的頭兒
Basically.
基本上是這樣
Will, I should be in there
威爾,我應該在那里面
interviewing the second investigator.
面試第二個調查員
The first investigator
首席調查員
should be in there interviewing the second.
應該參與面試第二個調查員
This is a partner-level decision.
這事是由合伙人來決定的
Yeah. Which partners?
是嗎,哪些合伙人
Diane, Rick,
戴安,里克
Bob from Litigation,
訴訟部的鮑勃
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
Yes.
是的
Your back is covered.
有人罩著你
This is a good thing, Kalinda.
這是件好事,凱琳達
More work, more money,
活兒更多,收入更多
more prestige.
威信也更高
You know, somehow, when people say "More prestige,"
不知怎的,當人們說"威信更高"時
they usually mean "Less power."
往往意味著"權利更小"
Check on Chef De Luca!
去查查德·盧卡大廚
Is he leaving us?
他要換律所了嗎
Look, I'm from Lockhart/Gardner,
我是洛克哈特&加德納律所的
and I'm here to make sure that you're happy.
我來是想問問您是否滿意我們的服務
Needs more cheese.
得再加點奶酪
You paid your bill in full, on time.
您按時并全額付清了帳款
That usually suggests that a client is leaving.
客戶那樣做通常意味著他要離開我們
I'm fine.
我很好
Good.
那就好
Because we're offering clients
因為我們正在給
a five-percent discount on services
預付聘金的客戶
in exchange for a retainer.
提供5%的折扣
Lately your firm has stopped making me feel...
近來你們律所讓我感覺自己
special.
沒那么特殊了
Okay. So...
好吧,那...
how can we make you feel special again?
我們怎么能再讓您感到特殊呢
In my experience
以我的經驗來看
the larger the firm,
律所規模越大
the harder it is to change their behavior.
就越難改變它的行為
It's not about teaching an old dog new tricks,
這與教老狗學新把戲不同
it's about teaching a big dog.
這是教一只大狗
So you're considering using a smaller dog.
所以你在考慮換只小狗
Might you tell me
能告訴我
which dog you're speaking with?
您在和哪只小狗談嗎
Sure.
當然
It's one of your lawyers.
是你們公司的律師
Trying to convince me to jump ship with him.
想要說服我和他一起離開你們那兒
Which of our lawyers?
具體哪一位
I... no.
我...不行
You'll just get him fired. No. I won't.
你會害他被開除,不,我不會
Well, don't you think it's fair
難道你不覺得告訴我們
you tell us who we're competing with?
競爭對手是誰才夠公平嗎
Someone who's good on my cases.
是個對我的案子很了解的律師
That's all I'll say.
只能說到這了
Cary Agos?
凱里·艾格斯嗎
That's all I ll say.
不能多說了
But it is Cary Agos?
是凱里·艾格斯吧
That's all I'm saying.
我只能說到這里
I looked into your background, Mr. Lester.
我查了你的背景,萊斯特先生
That sounds dramatic.
聽起來好可怕呢
You've been a lawyer for 25 years,
你做了25年律師
but you've never tried a single case.
卻從來沒參加過庭審
Well, I don't like court.
我不喜歡法庭
You've never written one brief.
你也沒寫過辯訴狀
None that I could find, anyway.
反正我是沒找到
I don't like putting things in writing.
我不喜歡把事情寫下來
You don't have a firm, and from what I can tell,
你沒有公司背景,而且據我所知
you don't have an office either.
你也沒有辦公室
Well, I like working from home.
我喜歡在家工作
You've had one client for the last ten years:
過去十年你只有一個客戶
Lemond Bishop.
萊蒙德·畢夏普
And before that, you had one client for 12 years.
在那之前,你12年只有一個客戶
Anthony Grozzi, until he was murdered in 2003.
安東尼·格羅茲,直到03年他被殺害
Guilty. So what exactly...
有罪的,你到底...
do you do?
是干什么的
I have only one client because
我只有一個客戶是因為
I don't like to work very much.
我不喜歡工作地太辛苦
I like working at home
我喜歡在家工作
because I like spending time with my wife.
是因為我喜歡和我太太在一起
What I do for Mr. Bishop is...
我為畢夏普先生所做的...
I offer dedicated service.
就是盡心為他服務
I update him,
我向他匯報情況
I keep an eye out for problems,
幫他留心問題出現的苗頭
and when I think things are going wrong, I tell him.
當我認為要出現問題時,我就告訴他
I'm a small-town lawyer
我是個小鎮來的律師
with a small-time practice.
執業時間也不長
Like Abraham Lincoln.
和亞伯拉罕·林肯一樣
This case is winnable, Mr. Lester.
這個案子贏面很大,萊斯特先生
I didn't say it wasn't.
我也沒說它不是啊
Mr. Bishop didn't do it.
畢夏普先生沒殺人
He's innocent, and I can prove it.
他是清白的,我可以證明這點
Good.
很好
That's all he wants.
這就夠了
Thanks for meeting me here. Sorry, I...
謝謝你們來這見我,抱歉,我...
I get the kids once a week.
我一周只能見孩子一面
I'm gonna say to you the same thing I said to the prosecutor,
要說的我已經對公訴人說過了
so I don't know what you need to know.
我不懂你還想知道些什么
I work for Mr. Bishop at a club that he owns,
我在畢夏普先生的一家俱樂部工作
and I saw him getting into a tan Honda
受害者失蹤的那一晚
the night that the victim disappeared.
我看見他進了一輛茶褐色本田車
Was it this car?
是這輛車嗎
Look, like I said,
我說了
I didn't see him kill anyone, all right?
我沒看見他殺任何人,好嗎
I just saw him get into that car.
我只是看見他進了那輛車
Her body was found in this car.
她的尸體是在這輛車上發現的
Yeah, I know. Okay, thanks.
我知道,好的,謝謝
How old are your kids?
你的孩子多大了
Five and seven.
一個五歲一個七歲
I remember when my daughters were that age.
我還記得我的女兒們這么大的時候
It's a lot of fun until they turn 13.
13歲前還挺歡樂一家親的
And then... watch out.
但那之后...保重啊兄弟
His kids were cute.
他的孩子很可愛
That's why I asked him how old they were.
所以我就問了下她們的年齡
Didn't you think they were cute? Yes.
你不覺得她們很可愛嗎,可愛
You thought I was, what, implying some kind of threat?
你覺得我是在暗示要恐嚇他嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, he didn't change his testimony, so...
他沒改變證詞,所以...
I must not be very effective.
我的效力看來也就一般
"Lockhart/Gardner
洛克哈特/加德納是一家
is an all-service law firm intent on..."
提供全方位服務的事務所,堅持于
"Intent on" sounds odd.
"堅持于"感覺有點別扭
"Dedicated to." "Dedicated to...
致力于,致力于
"Offering our clients the best...
為我們的客戶提供最好的...
legal and professional services available..."
專業化的法律服務...
Great, Diane, that means nothing.
好嘛,戴安,這和沒說一樣
Who doesn't want to give their clients the best service?
誰不想給客戶提供最好的服務
Then... what do you want it to say?
那...你覺得應該怎么寫
"Lockhart/Gardner wants it all.
洛克哈特/加德納野心勃勃
We want to be the biggest and the best."
我們想成為業界的翹楚
What?
怎么了
Can we just have a moment when we're not struggling?
我們能不能在不困難的時候稍微放松一下
Please? Can we just take a breath?
好嗎,能不能先喘口氣
We did take a breath.
我們喘過氣了
No, we didn't.
不,我們沒有
Well, then go ahead and take a vacation, and I'll do this.
那你去休個假好了,我來搞定這個
What?
怎么
I just have to make some calls.
我得去打幾個電話
Diane, wait.
戴安,等一下
You weren't the one paying the bills, Will.
不是你付的賬單,威爾
You weren't the one trying to delay our creditors.
也不是你去懇求債權人放寬期限的
I can't go back to that.
我不能再來一次了
My guess is, I-I thought I saw Mr. Bishop
我是說,我以為我看見畢夏普先生
getting into the car, but...
進了那輛車,但是...
But you were under the influence of oxycodone? Yeah.
你當時受到了止痛藥的影響,沒錯
Your Honor, I...
法官閣下,我...
This is...
這太...
I am very distressed by this.
我要被搞崩潰了
As am I.
我也是
This is where I'd ask for a dismissal.
趕緊請求駁回起訴啊
As you can see, Your Honor,
如您所見,法官閣下
the government does not have the testimony to support their case...
檢方沒有足夠證據支持他們的指控
What we have, Your Honor, is the testimony
法官閣下,我們有他的
of his health club manager, plus we have new evidence--
健身房經理的證詞,我們還有新證據
we have a videotape
一盤錄有畢夏普先生
that shows Mr. Bishop at a social gathering with the victim.
在一次聚會上和受害者見面的錄像帶
Your Honor, none of this is sufficient to warrant the indictment...
法官閣下,這些都不足以支持這次公訴
Perhaps Mrs. Florrick has forgotten,
或許福瑞克夫人忘記了
but the purpose of a preliminary hearing is
預審會的目的是
to determine whether probable cause exists.
決定是否存在合理依據
Agreed, and I find the affidavit
是的,我認為健身俱樂部經理
of the health club manager, Mr. Dexter Roja,
迪克斯特·羅哈的書面證詞
quite persuasive. I'll hear his testimony.
很具說服力,我會聽取他的證詞
Bishop is using you to intimidate these witnesses.
畢夏普是在利用你恐嚇這些證人
Oh, come on. Every single time you question one, they recant.
拜托,被你詢問的證人都改了證詞
Have you ever thought that you
你就沒想過
might've intimidated these witnesses to get them to testify?
這些證人可能是經你的恐嚇才來作證的嗎
You know, we used to feel bad for you.
我們之前很同情你
The old gang from school.
大學時的那些死黨
We all called each other
那場新聞發布會播出后
after your press conference and said,
我們互相打電話說
"Can you believe it,
你能相信嗎
having your husband admit to sleeping with prostitutes?"
自己的丈夫承認和妓女睡過覺
Now I see.
現在我明白了
You were made for each other.
你和他彼此彼此
Do you know what I've thought of you since school?
你知道畢業后我想過你什么嗎
What?
什么
Nothing.
一根毛都沒想過
So, you want to check out this videotape?
去看下錄像帶是怎么回事嗎
Yes, I think we should.
是的,我想我們得看看
Well, the problem is Dexter Roja.
問題在迪克斯特·羅哈身上
We're interviewing him next. You and...
我們等會去見他,你和...
Lester both? Yes.
萊斯特一起嗎,是的
Mrs. Florrick and I are becoming quite the team.
福瑞克夫人和我合作得越來越融洽了
Good.
很好
Mrs. Florrick, if you don't mind,
福瑞克夫人,如果你不介意
Charles and I have another matter to discuss.
查爾斯和我有別的事要討論
If it has to do with the case, I should...
如果和案子有關,我應該...
No, it's another matter.
不,是另一件事
It will just take a minute.
就一小會兒
Okay.
好吧
What happens if this Dexter guy
如果這位迪克斯特不能
can't supply any information to help the Feds?
給聯邦政府提供任何信息會怎么樣
Our hope is, either they drop the charges
我們的希望是,要么他們撤訴
or the judge grants a motion to dismiss.
要么法官批準駁回訴訟
Ma'am, there's a call for you.
女士,有你的電話
Are you sure? Yes.
你確定嗎,是的
Mrs. Florrick?
你是福瑞克夫人吧
We're driving home,
我開車回家
and I turn to my son in the backseat,
回頭看后座上我的兒子時
and that's when I noticed a black Escalade following us.
注意到一輛黑色埃斯卡拉迪車跟著我們
And at home I pointed it out to my husband.
到家時我向我丈夫指出了那輛車
And as soon as he stepped outside,
他剛走出去
it skidded away.
那車就開走了
Now, apparently,
顯然
Mr. Bishop is no longer content with just intimidating witnesses.
畢夏普先生已不滿足于只恐嚇證人了
Excuse me, Your Honor,
對不起,法官閣下
but that is an appalling accusation.
但這個指控也太離譜了
Then what happened?
然后發生了什么
So, then my son tells me that a man approached him
我兒子跟我說在幼兒園
at his preschool and he was asking him about his mommy.
有個男的接近他,問他媽媽的事
About what time she was coming to pick him up
問他幾點鐘媽媽會來接他
and when his birthday was. His birthday?
他的生日是哪天,他的生日
Yes. And then he asked him what he wanted for his birthday.
是的,還問他想要什么生日禮物
And when my son started to walk away, the man said that
我兒子要走開的時候,他又說
"Maybe your mommy was working too hard
可能你媽媽工作太賣力
to be there for your birthday."
撐不到給你過生日了
You gave the police a description?
你向警察說明情況了嗎
Yes.
是的
And the Department of Justice is offering you security
司法部也會給你和你的兒子
for your son and yourself?
提供安保服務
Yes, yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官閣下
But that-that-that's not the issue here!
但這都不是問題的關鍵
I know. Thank you.
我知道,謝謝
I... Mrs. Florrick, to your knowledge,
我...福瑞克夫人,據你所知
has anyone from Mr. Bishop's organization
畢夏普先生的組織中有沒有任何人
attempted to intimidate the AUSA's family?
試圖恐嚇助理檢察官的家人
No, Your Honor.
沒有,法官閣下
Of course she doesn't know.
她當然不會知道
Mrs. Florrick, to your knowledge,
福瑞克夫人,據你所知
has anyone from Mr. Bishop's
畢夏普先生的組織中
organization intimidated witnesses?
有沒有任何人對證人進行了恐嚇
Not to my knowledge.
據我所知沒有
This is a lie!
她在說謊
Excuse me, Your Honor,
對不起,法官閣下
I am appalled by what happened to Ms. Lawrence.
我對發生在勞倫斯女士身上的事深感震驚
Thanks.
謝了
But we have no proof that
但我們并沒有證據證明
my client had anything to do with this.
這與我的當事人有任何關系
What other cases is Ms. Lawrence pursuing?
勞倫斯女士手頭還在處理什么案子
Oh, come on! You are a mother!
不是吧,你也是位母親啊
I mean, what if this happened to your kids?
這要是發生在你孩子身上呢
Okay... intimidating witnesses is a disbarrable offense.
好了,恐嚇證人足以取消你的律師資格
You know that. It's also illegal.
你知道的,那同樣也是違法的
I'm not saying it happened.
我不是說它真的發生了
I'm not saying anything other than:
我只是說
if you have any knowledge
如果你知道任何有關恐嚇的事
of any such intimidation, or if you so much as wink at it,
或者如果你只是默許了這種行為
you are subject to arrest.
我們有權逮捕你
Do you understand that?
你明白嗎
I do understand that.
我明白
Good. Then everyone can go.
很好,你們可以走了
Thank you.
謝謝
When did you sell your soul?
你什么時候把靈魂也出賣了
Okay, um, I was supposed to come in earlier this morning,
好的,我本來是約了早些時候來的
but your human resources people called and they canceled;
但你們人事部的人跟我說面試取消了
and then they called me back and they said,
然后他們又打電話過來說
"Come in right now."
"立馬過來"
And I said, "I'm not dressed."
我說"我還沒穿好衣服"
'Cause I was babysitting for my sister's kids.
因為當時我正在照看我姐姐的孩子
This, uh, that's not baby vomit, by the way.
說一下,這不是嬰兒的嘔吐物
Um, I usually, I dress pretty nice.
我通常穿著很得體
Um, more like a college student, you know?
更像一個大學生
And you were a Treasury Enforcement Agent?
你以前是財政部執法人員
Two years. I liked it.
干了兩年,我挺喜歡那份工作
People were really nice.
同事都很好
Um, but, you know, it's a bit stiff.
但你懂的,有點枯燥
The thing is, Ms. Burdine,
問題時,伯丁小姐
uh, we have a particular tone here.
我們這里有特殊的格調
I can do tone. I have a much better tone.
我可以有格調,我的格調可以好很多
Uh, maybe I should come back tomorrow better dressed.
也許我該明天穿好點再來
Do you usually work alone or with someone else?
你一般獨立工作還是與人合作呢
Oh, we usually worked solo.
我們一般獨立做事
But if you want me to work with someone,
但如果你想讓我跟人合作
I can do that. I'm good. I'm there.
沒問題,我很擅長合作,時刻準備著
A bachelor's in criminal justice from the University of Illinois
伊利諾伊大學刑事司法學士
and a minor in dance?
輔修舞蹈?
Yeah. Ballet.
對,芭蕾舞
Oh, my parents they threw a fit.
我父母為此大發雷霆
Um, they are reformed hippies.
他們是改良派嬉皮士
Eight kids in an RV.
在一輛房車里養大8個孩子
Uh, but I liked the criminal justice thing anyway.
但我就是喜歡刑事司法那些東西
I like to figure out why people do bad things.
想弄清楚為什么人會做壞事
Are you serious?
你們說真的嗎
Look at her resume.
看她的簡歷
The Treasury put her on tracking terrorist financing.
財政部讓她追查恐怖分子的財務
Yes, when they took her off of it...
是,但他們辭掉她時...
No, she quit.
是她自己辭職的
And that's a good thing?
那算是好事嗎
Look, I know she's a different choice,
我知道她是個不同尋常的選擇
Kalinda was a different choice.
凱琳達曾經也是
There were five ex-cops out in that reception,
當初和她一起來面試的五個人
and one Kalinda. You remember?
都是前警官,記得嗎
I see. So this is about Kalinda.
我知道了,這都是為了凱琳達
You two are arguing for her
你們想雇她
because you know she won't challenge Kalinda?
是因為知道她不會挑戰凱琳達?
No. I think investigators work best
不,我認為越是讓人
when you don't see them coming.
意想不到的調查員,能力越強
When they walk into your business
那種面試時穿得
and they look like a babysitter and not an ex-cop.
像個保姆而不是前警官的往往才最好
I am arguing for her because she won't challenge Kalinda.
我為她說話是因為她不會挑戰凱琳達
They're more likely to work well together.
她們更有可能合作愉快
That's a good thing.
那樣很好
Take her on for a month.
試用她一個月
Let Kalinda train her. If we don't like the results,
讓凱琳達帶她,如果結果我們不喜歡
we'll go with one of the sergeants.
我們就請個警官來
Did you have someone threaten Liz Lawrence?
你找人威脅莉茲·勞倫斯了嗎
Did...? Who's that?
什么...那是誰
Liz Lawrence. Our opponent.
莉茲·勞倫斯,我們的對手
The AUSA?
那個聯邦助理檢察官
Did you have someone follow her kid to school
你找人跟蹤她的孩子去學校
and threaten her family?
威脅她家人了嗎
I thought you didn't like her.
我以為你不喜歡她呢
I don't. Did you have someone threaten her family?
我不喜歡,你找人威脅她家人了嗎
No.
沒有
I won't stand for it, Mr. Lester.
我不會容忍這種事,萊斯特先生
Well, good for you!
了不起
I said no.
我說了沒有
We don't need to play a tough guy's game.
我們不必用強硬手段
There are other ways to win this.
我們有別的辦法取勝
Mrs. Florrick, I'm not sure
福瑞克夫人,我不確定
how many other ways there are to say this!
還有什么方式來表達這點
I haven't done anything wrong.
我沒有做任何錯事
I read up on your work with the Grozzi family.
我研究過你為格羅茲家做的事
Deaths and assassinations
死亡和暗殺
all after you joined the defense team.
都是在你加入辯護團隊后開始的
Really?
真的嗎
And I've read up on your work with Colin Sweeney.
我也研究過你為科林·斯威尼做的事
Another woman dead after you joined his team.
你加入他的團隊后又死了個女人
Defense attorneys are in the business
辯護律師的工作
of being misunderstood, Mrs. Florrick.
總是容易被誤解的,福瑞克夫人
You should know that.
你應該知道
I'd like to handle Dexter's interview alone.
我想獨自訪問迪克斯特
I don't think that would be wise.
我覺得那是不明智的
Mr. Bishop...
畢夏普先生...
Is my client, not yours.
是我的客戶,不是你的
He's advised you to bring me along.
他建議你與我合作
Are you saying I don't have an option?
你是說我沒得選嗎
I'm saying he's advised you to bring me along, that's all.
我是說他建議你與我合作,僅此而已
Let's be friends.
我們還是做朋友吧
Look, Bishop is my boy.
畢夏普是我哥們
I don't want to testify against him,
我也不想作證指控他
but I don't have a choice.
但我沒得選
So the AUSA is pressuring you to testify?
聯邦助理檢察官給你施壓,要你作證?
They found my DNA on Christina's body.
他們在克里斯汀娜身上發現了我的DNA
Under her fingernails.
就在她指甲里
Strange they're not going after you for the murder.
他們不起訴你謀殺真是奇怪
They agreed, in exchange for my testimony,
他們同意只要我作證
they wouldn't prosecute me.
就不起訴我
They said that they found your DNA under her fingernails?
他們說在她指甲里發現了你的DNA?
And I don't know how it happened.
我不知道怎么會這樣
We were sleeping together.
我們的確上過床
I didn't kill her.
但我沒殺她
It's true. Seth De Luca is thinking of leaving us.
是真的,賽斯·德·盧卡在考慮換律所
That's why he paid his bill in full.
所以他才付清了帳
Do we know who else is in the mix for his business?
知道是誰在搶他的業務嗎
Uh, he didn't say.
他沒說
He didn't say, but you can guess?
他沒說,但你能猜到嗎
No.
猜不到
But you asked?
但你問了吧
Yeah. And what did he say?
對,他怎么說
Uh, he didn't say.
什么也沒說
Kalinda, what am I missing here?
凱琳達,你是怎么回事
Well, he's looking into small start-up firms.
他想找一家剛起步的小律所
One-man firms. That's all.
個人律所,就是這樣
But what firms?
但能找哪家
John Michaels closed shop. Who else is out there?
約翰·麥克已經關門了,還能有誰
Is it one of our lawyers? Someone from our staff?
是我們的律師嗎,我們職員里的人
No.
不是
Okay, let's give him a call. Thanks.
好,我們給他打個電話吧,謝謝
Oh, one more thing, Kalinda.
還有件事,凱琳達
We have some good news.
我們有好消息告訴你
I know you've been stretched a little thin lately.
我知道你最近被拉扯得很辛苦
We thought adding another investigator could help.
我們覺得增加一名調查員能幫到你
Her name's Robyn Burdine.
她叫羅賓·伯丁
She's from the Treasury.
從財政部出來的
Very young, very green.
很年輕,是個菜鳥
She's never worked at a law firm before.
她從沒在律所工作過
We'd like you to train her.
我們希望你能教教她
Train her?
教她
Uh, yes.
對
In what?
教什么
What you do.
你的工作
If you're up for it.
如果你愿意的話
And if I'm not?
如果我不愿意呢
Well, unfortunately, the firm is growing.
很遺憾,律所在成長
Uh, we need more hands on deck, so...
我們需要更多人手,所以...
we're asking you as a favor.
我們是在請你幫忙
Okay.
好吧
Why does everything feel like we're pulling teeth here?
為什么每件事都像拔牙一樣艱難
The family's growing.
家族要擴張了
As long as we got each other
只要我們還有彼此
We got the world spinning right in our hands
我們就能牢牢掌握世界
Oh, dear God. Growing Pains.
上帝,《成長的煩惱》主題曲耶
The luckiest dreamers who never quit dreaming
最幸運的夢想家從未放棄夢想
As long as we keep on...
只要我們堅持...
You're Kalinda?
你是凱琳達
Yep. Hi. Robyn.
對,我是羅賓
Hi.
你好
I know, I can't believe they hired me either.
我知道,我也不敢相信他們雇了我
You were a Treasury agent?
你之前是財政部工作人員
Yeah. People here sure must have a lot of money for clothes.
對,這里的人真有錢買衣服啊
I've never seen clothes like this.
我從沒見過這么炫麗的服裝
Okay, so the AUSA is claiming
聯邦助理檢察官說
Dexter's skin cells were found.
發現了迪克斯特的皮膚細胞
Hello. Hi. Um, Robyn Burdine.
你好,我是羅賓·伯丁
I'm the other investigator.
另一個調查員
Really?
真的嗎
The other investigator?
另一名調查員
What do you need, Cary?
你需要什么,凱里
Uh... what was I saying?
我...說到哪了
Uh, the AUSA is claiming that Dexter's skin cells were...
聯邦助理檢察官說迪克斯特的皮膚細胞
Yes.
對
Dexter's skin cells were found
發現了迪克斯特的皮膚細胞
underneath the victim's nails,
就在受害人的指甲里
and the AUSA is using that
而聯邦助理檢察官利用那點
as a way to intimidate Dexter into testifying.
脅迫迪克斯特出庭作證
So we're looking for a way to knock it out.
我們要找個辦法擊倒這點
Okay.
好
You have a sidekick now? Batman.
你現在有你的羅賓了,蝙蝠俠
You need to cool it.
你得悠著點
Need to cool what?
悠著點什么
Will and Diane asked me to find out
威爾和戴安讓我去查我們的客戶
if our client Seth De Luca was pursuing another firm.
賽斯·德·盧卡是不是想換律所
You talked to Seth?
你和賽斯聊過了
I did. And he said that you solicited him.
是的,他說你招攬過他
I didn't go out of my way to solicit him.
不是我千方百計要招攬他
He was complaining about overbilling.
他在抱怨被多收錢
Yeah, but you mentioned you
但你提到了
were going out on your own.
你要自立門戶
Might be going out on my own.
也許會自立門戶
Cary, if they find out,
凱里,如果他們發現
they'll fire you.
會開除你的
Did you tell them?
你告訴他們了嗎
No.
沒有
You didn't?
沒有嗎
No, I didn't.
沒有
Thank you.
謝謝你
Don't do it again.
別再這么做了
I'm serious.
我是認真的
Tell me what you're looking for, and I'll help.
告訴我你在找什么,我幫你
Look...
聽著...
Oh... just... huh.
只是...驚訝一下
Let's just keep our huhs to ourselves, okay?
我們還是把驚訝留給自己吧,好嗎
Okay.
好
Denatonium.
苯甲地那銨
What about it?
怎么了
It's in her system-- it's a bittering agent.
她身體里有,是種苦味劑
Was she poisoned?
她被毒死的嗎
No. Shot.
不是,槍殺
There's not enough here to be poisoned, anyway.
反正這些量也不夠毒死人
What?
怎么了
Nail-biting.
咬指甲
Nail-biting?
咬指甲
Yeah, that makes sense--
對,那就說通了
lots of women put Denatonium on their nails to keep from biting.
很多女人涂苯甲地那銨以防自己咬指甲
Your Honor, this is coercion, pure and simple.
法官閣下,這是強迫,顯而易見
Give me a break.
拜托
The medical examiner confirmed that skin cells were never collected
法醫證實從未在受害者的指甲里
from underneath the victim's fingernails,
采集到皮膚細胞
because there were no fingernails.
因為受害者沒有指甲
There were no fingernails?
沒有指甲
The victim was a nail-biter.
受害者有咬指甲的習慣
Your Honor, this report is the height of irrelevancy.
法官閣下,報告完全與案情無關
No, this report means the AUSA threatened the witness.
不,報告說明聯邦助理檢察官威脅證人
Your Honor... She threatened Dexter Roja with information she knew
法官閣下,她用明知錯誤的信息
to be false in order to coerce him into testifying.
要挾迪克斯特·羅哈作證
Your Honor, this defense is based on smears.
法官閣下,這種辯護完全是誹謗
Dexter Roja is one of Mr. Bishop's lieutenants...
迪克斯特·羅哈是畢夏普先生的手下
Health club managers.
是健身房經理
His testimony is vital to our case.
他的證詞對我們的案子至關重要
Yes, but Ms.-Ms. Lawrence has accused us of intimidating witnesses.
對,但勞倫斯女士指控我們脅迫證人
Shouldn't she be held to the same standard?
難道她不該受同樣的標準約束嗎
Yes, she should.
是的,她應該
Threatening a witness with lies in order to get him to testify
用謊言脅迫證人使其作證
leaves me with no other choice but to exclude said testimony.
讓我別無選擇,只有排除其證言
Unless you have any other witnesses,
除非你有別的證人
I am going to be forced to dismiss.
否則我不得不駁回此案了
Your Honor, the government disagrees
法官閣下,政府不同意
with your characterization of our actions,
您對我們的行為所做的定義
but we do have one more witness that we would like to call.
但是我們還有一名想要傳喚的證人
A witness who will question Mr. Bishop's alibi.
將要質疑畢夏普先生不在場證明的證人
We would like to amend the witness list to include Judy Bishop,
我們要將朱迪·畢夏普加入證人名單
the sister of the accused.
被告的妹妹
Judy?
朱迪
Please don't speak to our witness.
請不要和我們的證人說話
Judy, this is wrong.
朱迪,這樣不對
Now what?
現在是怎樣
I have no idea.
不知道
My brother asked me to babysit Dylan.
我哥哥讓我照看迪倫
He said he would only be out for a few hours.
他說他只出去幾個小時
And this was the night of October 24?
是十月二十四日晚上嗎
The night that Christina Diaz was killed?
克里斯汀娜·迪亞茲被殺的當晚
Yes. Mr. Bishop claims that
是的,畢夏普先生聲稱
he returned home from his horse farm around 9:00 p.m. that night.
那晚大約9點他就從馬場回到了家中
Is that your recollection?
你記得是否是這樣呢
No.
不是
He didn't return home until just before midnight.
他直到快午夜才回來
And what was Mr. Bishop's temperament when he got home?
那么畢夏普先生到家時心情如何
Uh, agitated.
焦慮不安
A little nervous.
有點緊張
He took a shower right away.
他立刻去洗了澡
And then you left?
你是那時離開的嗎
He asked me how to use the washer first.
他先問了我怎么使用洗衣機
Guess he never learned how. Never had to.
我猜他從沒學過怎么用,永遠不用學
She's lying. She wants custody of Dylan.
她在說謊,她想要迪倫的撫養權
And what did he need to wash so urgently?
他有什么東西需要如此著急清洗呢
The clothes he was wearing.
他當時穿的衣服
Trying to get rid of evidence?
想要毀滅證據嗎
Objection, Your Honor.
法官大人,反對
Sustained.
反對有效
No further questions.
沒有其他問題了
Judy, two years ago,
朱迪,兩年前
when your brother was getting a divorce,
當你哥哥離婚時
you wrote a character reference letter.
你寫了一封推薦信
In which you called him honorable and a wonderful father.
信中你說他是可敬可親的父親
That was before I knew everything he was involved in.
那是在我還沒了解他所做的一切之前
I didn't want to believe the rumors.
我本不想輕信謠言
I see. And what made you believe the rumors?
我明白了,那你為什么又相信謠言了呢
A young woman was shot to death.
一位年輕的女士被開槍打死
If he had a hand in it, then he needs to be punished.
如果是他做的,他就需要受到懲罰
You love your nephew very much,
你非常愛你的侄子
don't you? Like he's my own son. Yes.
是嗎,對,就像他是我兒子一樣
And as his guardian,
作為他的監護人
you would be petitioning for full custody
如果畢夏普先生被判有罪
if Mr. Bishop was found guilty.
你會申請完全監護權
Objection. How is this relevant?
反對,和本案無關
Your Honor, this quid pro quo
法官大人,這樣的交換條件
makes this witness unreliable.
使得證人不可靠
She will say anything in order to gain custody.
為了贏得監護權,她什么都可以說
I only want what's best for Dylan.
我只想給迪倫最好的
That's all.
僅此而已
You are hurting Dylan.
你在傷害迪倫
Don't you see that?
難道你不明白嗎
Your Honor, Mr. Bishop no longer has an alibi
法官大人,迪倫先生在謀殺發生時
for the time of the murder,
沒有不在場證明
which we know, based on lividity,
而我們知道,根據尸斑
happened between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
謀殺恰好發生在十月二十四日
on the night of the 24th.
晚九點至十一點
She's gonna decide against us.
她要作出不利于我們的判決
Um, Your Honor,
法官大人
given the last minute addition to the witness list,
由于臨時增加了證人名單
we ask for a recess to prepare a rebuttal.
我們請求休庭以準備反證
So, how you want to handle this?
你想要怎么辦
You want me to just watch?
你想讓我就這么看著
Yeah?
怎么
What do you need?
你想要什么
Hi, uh, just a few questions.
有幾個問題
We're from Bishop's law firm. Yeah?
我們是畢夏普的律所的人,然后
Is he gonna get out?
他會被釋放嗎
Well, we're working on it.
我們在努力
Look, Mr. Bishop claims that he was here
畢夏普聲稱十月二十四日
arount 9:00 p.m. on the night
謀殺發生當晚九點
of the murder, October the 24th.
他在這里
Is there a chance anyone might have seen him?
有沒有可能其他人看到了他
Nah, we're all long gone by 6:00 p.m.
沒有,我們六點就不在了
Okay, well, I see you have security cameras.
那么,我看到你們有監控攝像頭
Is there a chance
有沒有可能
they might have caught something?
攝像頭錄下了什么
No. They weren't on the night of the 24th.
不可能,二十四號晚攝像頭沒打開
Feds already tried to confiscate them.
聯邦探員已經試圖檢查了
Someone manually turned them off?
有人手動關了嗎
Not sure.
不清楚
Sometimes a storm will knock 'em out.
有時候暴風雨也會讓它們罷工
Uh, that gate, does it open and close
那個門,每次有人進出
every time someone comes and goes? Yeah.
它都會開關一下,是的
And that's the only way on and off the property?
那是進出這里的唯一路徑嗎
We asked our investigators to look into your alibi.
我們讓調查員查了你的不在場證明
You said you were alone at the horse farm
你說謀殺發生時你獨自一人
at the time of the murder? Yes.
在馬場,是的
The electronic log at the farm,
農場的電子計程儀
it shows that someone
顯示八點三十二分時
was buzzed in from inside the corral
有人從畜欄內
at 8:32 p.m.
放了人進來
Okay.
是吧
You let someone in?
你讓別人進來了嗎
If you did, you need to tell us.
如果是這樣,你得告訴我們
Whoever you let in can alibi you.
不管是誰,都能幫你做不在場證明
Mr. Bishop,
畢夏普先生
please, we need to use this person.
拜托,我們需要這個人來作證
I had a meeting.
我當時有個會議
A meeting you didn't want caught on camera?
不想被攝像頭拍到的會議
Some associates.
和一些合作人
From another... organization.
是其他,組織的
Will they corroborate your alibi?
他們能給你做不在場證明嗎
It doesn't matter.
這不重要
I can't admit on the stand that I was meeting with them.
我不能在證人席上承認當晚和他們見面了
It's the only way to
那是唯一能反駁
refute your sister's testimony. No.
你妹妹證詞的辦法,不行
I'll lose Dylan.
我會失去迪倫
You'll have the best family law attorney in Chicago.
你會有芝加哥最好的家庭法律師
And what? Supervised visitation
然后呢,每隔一周周六
every other Saturday?
才能有一次監督探視權
We can roll the dice and go to trial.
我們可以孤注一擲進行庭審
But your sister's testimony will be damaging.
但是你妹妹的證詞非常不利
What do you think?
你怎么想
I think you know
我想你知道
what you have to do.
自己該做什么
Good work on that horse farm.
馬場的事干得漂亮
I think it might turn things around.
我想可能會扭轉局面
And, uh...
還有
talked to Seth De Luca.
我和賽斯·德·盧卡談了
He's not going to say anything to Will and Diane, so...
他不會對威爾和戴安說什么,所以
Good.
很好
Yeah.
對
Thanks for that.
謝謝
Warning me.
提醒我
Ah, it's all in a day's work.
這都是日常工作
No.
不是
It wasn't.
不是的
Wasn't in a day's work.
不是日常的工作
Okay...
好吧
Cary, what do you want?
凱里,你想要什么
No.
不行
Why?
為什么
Because you want more,
因為你想要更多
and I can't give you more.
而我不能給你更多
Because of women?
因為女人
No.
不是
Because we work together?
因為我們在一起工作
Yeah. Well, I'm thinking of leaving, so...
是的,我在考慮離開,所以
Well, then, say something nice.
那么說點好聽的
You look great.
你看起來很美
The way that your hair hangs...
你的頭發這樣...
All right.
好了
What?
干嘛
Just said, "Hey."
只是打個招呼
Any word on Bishop?
有畢夏普的消息嗎
Not yet.
暫時還沒
Alicia's heading out to court.
艾麗西婭在去法庭的路上
Okay.
好吧
That's that.
就這樣
Hello, Judy.
你好,朱迪
You mind if I come in?
你介意我進來嗎
Please, no more mission statements.
拜托,別再說什么使命宣言了
What are we toasting?
我們為什么要喝酒
We never celebrated.
我們從來不慶祝的
When things go right,
當一切順利
you need to celebrate.
就得慶祝
But what are we celebrating?
但是我們在慶祝什么呢
We came back from the dead.
起死回生
To beating bankruptcy.
沒有破產
Beating bankruptcy.
沒有破產
We were wound up for so long,
我們緊張了很久了
we never unwound.
從來沒有松懈
We breezed right through winning.
我們輕而易舉贏得了勝利
What's that?
那是什么
It's for you.
給你的
It's from the 27th floor.
是27樓的
I saved it from the Dumpster.
我從垃圾裝卸卡車上撿回來的
It was so close, wasn't it?
差一點,不是嗎
The end.
全部結束
Our careers in ruin.
我們的事業毀于一旦
Yes. I don't want that to happen again.
是的,我不想再發生這樣的事
I know. It won't.
我知道,不會了
We're smarter now, we're better at it.
我們現在更聰明了,更優秀了
I don't know if that matters.
我不知道這是否重要
It does.
很重要
Okay, I'll change my vote.
好吧,我會改變投票
Good.
很好
You're supposed to say, "You don't have to."
你應該說,"你不必"
You don't have to.
你不必
But I'm glad you did.
但是我跟高興你這么做了
Well...
那么
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
How do you manage to look so refreshed
通宵之后你怎么能保持
after an all-nighter?
如此精神呢
I knew if I dug deep enough,
我知道如果我深入調查
I'd find precedents to get Judy's testimony kicked.
我能找到讓朱迪證詞失效的判例
And did you?
找到了嗎
USA v. East.
美國訴東部案
When a prosecutor offers aid
當公訴人在民事審判中
to a witness in a civil trial
對證人提供援助
as a quid pro quo for testimony...
作為證詞的交換條件
It's okay.
沒事
You sold me.
你說動我了
Time to knock Liz's teeth out.
是時候打敗莉茲了
All rise.
全體起立
Your Honor, I know the AUSA has not yet arrived,
法官閣下,我知道助理檢察官還沒來
but I have prepared a brief in support of my motion
但是我已準備好簡述為何要廢除
to exclude Judy Bishop's testimony.
朱迪·畢夏普的證詞
That won't be necessary, Mrs. Florrick.
沒必要了,福瑞克夫人
Uh, but, Your Honor...
但是,法官大人
Ms. Bishop has withdrawn her testimony.
畢夏普小姐已經撤回了證詞
And, given the government's lack of evidence and witnesses,
由于政府缺乏證據和證人
I am releasing you, Mr. Bishop.
我打算釋放你,畢夏普先生
Yes!
太好了
Cindy, Cindy where have you gone?
辛迪辛迪你去哪了
You wore your lipstick just to tell me good-bye
你涂上唇膏就是來跟我道別嗎
And I'm blue, blue, blue without you
沒有你我好憂郁憂郁