I understand there are some questions
我知道很多人對我的對手
about my opponent's hiring and promotion practices
在州檢察官辦公室中的選人和提拔工作
over at the State's Attorney's office.
持有疑問
I don't intend to speak to that.
我不想就此做任何評論
But I do think diversity is a fair...
但我確實認為種族多樣化是...
"But I do think diversity..."
但我確實認為種族多樣化...
A little under the weather?
不太舒服嗎
Oh, just a little.
有一點
You needed me?
你找我嗎
Yes, how's it feel to be an equity partner?
對,做權益合伙人的感覺如何
Good.
好極了
The power surging through you?
是不是感覺渾身被權力所充斥
Something's surging through me.
的確感覺被什么充斥了
So the, um, Bishop defense.
關于畢夏普的案子
I was looking over the billable hours.
我看了看計費工時單
They're coming in a bit high.
發現工時有點高
That's usually not a problem,
通常來講這沒什么問題
but Bishop is a top legacy client.
但畢夏普是非常重要的長期客戶
We don't want him to think we're padding him.
不能讓他覺得我們故意多收錢
So, I need you to rein it in.
所以我想讓你去控制一下
Um, that's Cary's team.
那是凱里的團隊
Do you want me to get him?
需要我叫他來嗎
No. That's your team.
不,那是你的團隊
You're the equity partner in charge,
你是作為主管的權益合伙人
as of now.
當即任命
Right, I will get right on that.
好,我馬上去辦
Just find out if the hours are being inflated.
看看他們是不是虛報工時了
And if they're not,
如果沒有
steer the group onto a more conservative path.
就讓團隊轉為采取穩妥些的工作方式
What's up? Oh, I need to head out this afternoon.
什么事,我今天下午要出去一下
I was hoping you could look over the civil proposal.
能不能請你幫忙看一下民事提案
There's another cold.
又一個感冒的
You two need to stay away from me.
你們兩個離我遠點
Um, do you need anything else, Diane?
還有什么事嗎,戴安
No, thank you.
沒有了,謝謝
Hi.
你好
I was thrilled to get your call.
接到你的電話我好激動
This is a working lunch.
這只是工作午餐
I know.
我知道
But I was thrilled.
但我還是很激動
Your wiretap has been thrown out, Mr. Perrotti.
你的竊聽錄音不能入證,佩羅蒂先生
Uh, Josh.
叫我喬希吧
Your wiretap has been found inadmissible, Josh.
你的錄音是未經許可竊聽的,喬希
You have nothing on my client
你沒有可指控我委托人的證據了
so we ask the Department of Justice
因此我們要求司法部
to cease and desist from harassing Eli Gold.
停止對伊萊·戈德的騷擾
I ordered for us.
我幫我們點了菜
I hope that wasn't presumptuous.
希望這樣做不會太冒昧
Well, I'm not that hungry.
我其實沒那么餓
You were saying?
你剛剛說什么
I was? What was I...? Oh.
我嗎,我說了什么,噢對
Here you are in Petra Moritz's column.
記者佩拉·莫里茲的專欄中提到了你
"Is Florrick strategist, Eli Gold, off the hook yet?
福瑞克的戰略家伊萊·戈德洗清嫌疑了嗎
"Not according to a conversation
在帕里蘭餐廳偶然聽到的
"overheard at Parrillan
某位不具名消息人士
between a certain unnamed source
和助理聯邦檢察官喬希·佩羅蒂的談話
and AUSA Josh Perrotti."
否認了這一點
Well, they misspelled my name.
他們把我的名字拼錯了
"I know personally Eli Gold was buying votes.
我知道伊萊·戈德收買選票
He's going down; He's going down hard"
他死定了,必死無疑
So, Josh, are we on a witch hunt?
喬希,你這是要搞政治迫害嗎
The problem is, Elsbeth,
埃爾斯貝特,關鍵問題是
you and I are a lot alike.
你和我非常相像
We're competitive.
我們都爭強好勝
Onion naan?
要洋蔥烤餅嗎
No, thank you.
不了,謝謝
And I know Eli is guilty.
而且我知道伊萊有罪
So,
所以
I found another way to prove the charge.
我想到了另一個辦法來證實我們的指控
Conspiracy.
以共謀罪名起訴
Really?
真的嗎
Well, conspiracy requires a coconspirator.
共謀罪名必須有個共謀者才能成立
And who might that be?
這位共謀者是誰呢
This unnamed source at Parrillan?
那個帕里蘭餐廳里的不具名消息人士嗎
That's for me to know and you to find out.
那只有我知道,你想知道就自己去查
No, that's for me to know, too.
不,我也需要知道
Discovery.
法律要求你向我透露相關真相
Then take me to court.
那就上法庭告我吧
You want me to take you to court?
你想讓我把你告上法庭嗎
I can't wait for you to take me to court.
我迫不及待想讓你告我了
I love the shape of your lips.
我好愛你嘴唇的形狀
You leave my lips out of it.
不要把我的嘴唇扯進來
I can't. They're so pillowy.
我情不自禁,它們看起來好柔軟
Look...
聽著
all you have to do is go to prison once
因為不實的受賄指控
on a false corruption charge,
進過一次監獄后
and you're going to take it very, very seriously.
就會非常非常嚴肅地對待腐敗問題
Thank you, Mr. Florrick.
謝謝你,福瑞克先生
Miss Hayward, you have two minutes to respond.
海沃德小姐,你有兩分鐘時間回應
I don't need two minutes to respond.
我不需要兩分鐘來回應
I just need two words: "Eli Gold."
我只需要兩個詞,"伊萊·戈德"
Peter's own campaign manager
彼得他自己的競選經理人
is accused of corruption...
被指控腐敗瀆職
Uh, he is no longer my campaign manager.
他已不是我的競選經理人了
Eli Gold has resigned.
伊萊·戈德辭職了
Yes, but you can understand
是的,但你能明白
why I should take your intolerance
我為什么對你不容忍腐敗的言論
for corruption with a grain of salt.
持懷疑態度吧
Well, unlike Miss Hayward,
與海沃德小姐不同
I like to get all the facts before I make a judgement.
我在作出評判前會先搞清楚事實
But you said that Eli Gold is off of your campaign.
但你不是說伊萊·戈德被你開了
No, I said he resigned.
不,我說的是他辭職了
So you do accept corruption or you would've fired him.
所以你能接受腐敗行為不然就會開除他了
What I don't accept are having my words
我不能接受的是,我說的話
twisted into something Uh, Peter.
被曲解,彼得
Peter. Peter. Which is not what I...
彼得,彼得,那不是我...
Let's take ten.
我們休息十分鐘
Peter.
彼得
Here's the thing:
是這樣的
You're tall.
你個頭很高
And you're much taller than the actual Maddie.
你比真實的瑪蒂高得多
So, when you go after her like that,
所以,你如果那樣回擊她
it looks like you're bullying.
看起來會像是你在欺負她
Should I crouch?
難道我該卑躬屈膝
No, she's the one down in the polls.
不,是她在民意調查中處于下風
Make her look desperate.
你要讓她看起來絕望而不擇手段
Keep your words calm, noncombative.
用冷靜而沒有攻擊性的語言回應她
Don't go aggressive.
不要顯得太好勝
You know, absorb the punches.
虛心接受她的攻擊
Like Obama, in his first debate.
就像奧巴馬在第一場辯論中的表現嗎
No, this is different.
不,這不一樣
This is about the women's vote.
你要爭取的是女性的選票
You go angry, you're going to remind women
你要是表現得易怒,會讓女性選民
of their first husbands.
想起她們的第一任丈夫
Excuse me. Yeah.
我先接個電話,喂
I hope that was all right.
希望我沒有表現得太過分
No, that's why you're here.
不,那正是請你來的原因
Don't let up on me, because she won't.
別手下留情,她可不會手軟
By the way, thanks for doing this.
對了,謝謝你來幫我
Oh, my pleasure.
樂意效勞
So, I hear the State's Attorney's office
我聽說州檢察官辦公室
is looking for a new outside firm
在物色新的外部律所
to represent it on its civil suits.
來代理民事訴訟
You heard about Brandelsky & Turner going bankrupt?
你聽說了布蘭德斯基&特納律所破產的事
Yeah, that seems to be happening a lot.
是啊,近來似乎有很多律所破產
I know we were allowed to pitch the first time around.
你們第一次選律所時我們有幸參與了
I hope we're allowed to pitch the second.
我希望第二次我們也能有機會參與
Well, unfortunately, it's not up to me.
很遺憾,這不是我能決定的
I've put together a team of ASAs to interview.
我找了一組助理檢察官來面試律所
But, you know what?
但是,這樣吧
I'm going to... I'm going to tell them that you're interested.
我會...我會跟他們說你感興趣
Thank you. That'd be great.
謝謝,那太好了
Once more into the fray?
準備好繼續辯論了嗎
Oh, you're going down.
你死定了
Oh, we'll see.
我們走著瞧
How're you going to do this?
你打算怎么做
Do what?
做什么
Find out who this coconspirator is?
查出那個共謀者的身份
I don't know.
我不知道
You don't know?
你不知道
Don't you have a plan?
難道你沒計劃嗎
I don't plan.
我從不計劃
You're a crazy woman.
你真是個瘋狂的女人
Reservation? Hello.
請問有預訂嗎,你好
I'm Mr. Joshua Perrotti's personal assistant,
我是喬?!づ辶_蒂先生的私人助理
and he came in here yesterday for lunch.
他昨天中午在這里吃過飯
He was supposed to give his number
他本來因為一件私事
to his waitperson regarding a personal matter.
要把他的號碼留給他的服務員的
But he doesn't remember the name of his waitperson.
但他忘了那個服務員的名字了
Um, is there-is there any way
有沒有...有沒有什么辦法
you could find out who served him?
能查到他的服務員是哪位
He was here for lunch?
他在這里用的午餐嗎
12:30, 1:00 reservation.
他的預約是在12:30到1:00之間
Perrotti, Perrotti.
佩羅蒂,佩羅蒂
I don't see it.
沒有找到
Do you know who he was having lunch with?
你知道他和誰一起吃的午餐嗎
May I take a peak?
能讓我看一眼嗎
Frank Landau of the DNC.
民主黨委員會的弗蘭克·朗度
You turned on me? What?
你告發了我嗎,什么
You went to the Feds?
你向聯邦政府告發了我
What do you want, Eli?
你想干什么,伊萊
They're using you to get to me.
他們在利用你抓我的把柄
Who said that?
誰說的
You got yourself printed up in Petra Moritz
你的名字都登上了佩拉·莫里茲的專欄了
saying I paid for votes.
說我賄選
They're coming after me, Eli.
他們在查我,伊萊
So you threw me to them?
所以你就把我供出去了是嗎
My head and my career were on the chopping block.
當時我人頭官位兩不保
You'd do the same.
換你也會這么做
What do they have, Frank, huh?
他們掌握了什么把柄,弗蘭克
What did you give them?
你跟他們說了什么
You got to calm down, Eli.
你冷靜點,伊萊
They're coming after me.
他們在調查我
You calm the hell down. I don't know you.
冷靜你個頭,我不認識你
Anything I did wrong was at your prompting, Frank.
要有什么事那都是你逼我的,弗蘭克
I don't know you, and this encounter never happened.
我不認識你,今天也沒見過你
I will find a way to bring you down.
我會有辦法收拾你的
I'm going into my office,
我要進辦公室了
and I'm not listening to another word being said.
你說的話我一句也不想聽了
So all our attempts at bail have failed.
我們所有的保釋嘗試都失敗了
Lemond Bishop is still considered a flight risk.
檢方仍認為雷蒙德·畢肖普有潛逃風險
We have three briefs ready for pretrial hearings.
我們為審前聽證會列出了三項辯護要點
Hello, Alicia.
你好,艾麗西婭
Alicia's recently been named equity partner.
艾麗西婭最近被任命為權益合伙人了
Let's give her a hand.
大家鼓掌歡迎
Thank you.
謝謝大家
Okay, so, we're good to go on all three briefs.
大家同意三項要點都要著手
Everyone should pull on
每個人都得
four or five more associates to get those ready...
再找四五個律師來準備材料
Actually...
其實
Yes?
怎么了
Do we really need all three?
我們真的三項全都要嗎
The jurisdictional brief,
關于管轄權的異議
it seems like...
看起來...
Well, it seems the same as brief number two.
跟第二點差不多
Well, last time we were together,
上次我們一起討論的時候
we all thought that was a good idea.
都覺得這主意不錯
Yes, and I'm wondering now if it's a doubling of effort.
沒錯,但現在我覺得這樣有點重復勞動
Well, let's vote again.
那大家再表決吧
Who thinks we should pull back on the jurisdictional brief?
誰認為應該取消管轄權的異議
Just raise your hands.
請舉手
Maybe it's not about dropping the brief.
也許重點不是要不要取消這項異議
Is there any way we could be more conservative
而是我們是否有更穩妥的方式
in our approach to it?
去實現這一目的
Sure.
好吧
Do you want to take charge of that?
你愿意負責這部分內容嗎
Okay, sure.
好吧,我來負責
He's playing keep-away.
他是故意的
We are not withholding.
我們沒有扣留證據
Due course passed a long time ago.
合理期間早就過了
We are following the law.
我們是依法辦事
No, no, no, that is not...
不不不,你們沒有...
That is right, we have complied with every request...
是依法的,我們遵循法律的每項規定
They clearly haven't complied with every request
他們顯然沒有遵循法律的每項規定
or I wouldn't be... Stop.
不然我就不會... 停
Let us stop, please.
大家請別吵了
Mr. Perrotti, this is not justice by ambush.
佩羅蒂先生,司法公正不能靠伏擊
We must offer the defense discovery here.
我們必須向辯方開示證據
Once we have it, Your Honor.
我們拿到確證后會開示的,法官閣下
But any premature release may damage our case.
但過早透漏任何信息都會危及我們的案件
How would it damage your case?
怎么就危及你們的案件了
Counselor, please. By allowing the defense
辯方律師,冷靜,因為這樣就
to dissuade our witnesses from testifying.
讓辯方有機會勸說我方證人拒絕作證
Excuse me, when did we...
這是什么話,我們什么時候...
Mr. Perrotti,
佩羅蒂先生
do you have any reason for this charge?
你這一說法可有依據
We have, Your Honor.
有的,法官閣下
We'd like to call Mr. Frank Landau to the stand.
我方請傳弗蘭克·朗度出庭作證
And you were a witness to Eli Gold purchasing votes?
你是否目睹伊萊·戈德收買選票
Yes.
是的
And you conspired with him? Yes.
你是否參與了同謀,是的
And you had a pang of conscience and you came to me?
于是你良心不安就來找我坦白了是嗎
Yes.
是的
Hmm, and what happened yesterday?
昨天發生了什么事
Eli Gold discovered that I was going to accuse him.
伊萊·戈德發現我將指證他
He showed up at my office.
他去了我的辦公室
He was violent and disruptive.
他行為舉止非常野蠻粗暴
Did you fear he might hurt you?
你害怕他傷害到你嗎
Yes, he knocked my keys from my hand.
是的,他打掉了我手上的鑰匙
Oh, my God, he knocked away your keys?
天哪,他把你手上的鑰匙打掉了呀
Counselor, please.
辯方律師,別這樣
Your Honor, the point is clear.
法官閣下,我的根據已很明確
Defense can't be trusted with discovery,
不能信任辯方并向其開示證據
not at such an early stage, anyway.
至少不能在庭審初期開示
Okay, that was my mistake.
好吧,是我的錯
What does Landau have on you, Eli?
朗度有你什么把柄,伊萊
I don't know, there's nothing.
不知道,什么也沒有
No scheme to buy votes?
沒有密謀收買選票嗎
No, and if he says there was, he is lying.
沒有,如果他說有,他就是在撒謊
Well, they need some kind of corroboration to convict you.
他們得有更具體的證據才能給你定罪
So we need to know what he's going to say.
所以我們得知道他要說什么
And how do we do that?
怎么套他的話
I don't know.
不知道
We have to think.
我們得想想辦法
Yes? What?
是什么,什么
You just had a thought.
你剛剛想到辦法了
I think I did.
應該是的
Hello.
你好
The real estate office is two doors down.
往前走兩間才是地產中介
Is this the Democratic headquarters?
請問這里是民主黨總部嗎
Yeah. And you're Frank Landau?
對,你是弗蘭克·朗度嗎
Yeah, why?
是的,怎么了
You've been served.
你被傳喚了
Oh, hell.
真煩
What for?
什么案由
Defamation.
誹謗
Are you kidding me?
你開玩笑吧
I'm just the messenger.
我只管送信
Damn it, Eli.
見鬼,伊萊
So, I hear you want our business.
聽說你想接我們的業務
I want your business?
我想接你們的業務?
The State's Attorney's business, our civil suits?
州檢辦的民事業務
Oh, yes, are you on the committee?
對,你也是委員會成員嗎
Don't sound so surprised.
別一副驚訝的模樣
That wasn't surprise, it was awe.
不是驚訝,是敬畏
Here's our application-- please fill it out.
這是我們的申請書,請填寫完整
We're starting to hear pitches this afternoon.
我們今天下午開始評測
Aw, poor boy, you have a cold.
小可憐,你感冒了
Ah, getting over it.
快好了
And we'll be judged fairly?
會公平對待我們吧
Why wouldn't you be?
有什么理由不嗎
I don't know, we won a few cases against you.
難說,打官司我們贏了你們好幾回
Oh, yes, well, we'll just have to overcome
那倒是,我們只好強壓住心中
our bitterness at your one-case winning streak.
被你連勝一場的酸楚了
Alicia, good, there you are.
艾麗西婭,找到你太好了
Do you have a minute? I do.
有時間嗎,有
Um, I need some help with the Eli Gold case.
伊萊·戈德的案子我需要你幫幫忙
Actually I don't think we can help you in federal court.
聯邦法庭的案件我怕是幫不了你
Yes-- oh, no, not that; this is in civil court.
對,不是的,這次是在民事法庭
Civil court-- how did this end up in civil court?
民事法庭,怎么跑到民事法庭去了
Well, it's in both courts, actually.
其實是兩邊都在審
It's not as confusing as it sounds.
但事情沒有聽起來那么復雜
We're suing the-- ooh, I like those earrings.
我們起訴了...我好喜歡你的耳環
Thanks. So...
謝謝,然后呢...
We're suing the head of the Democratic Committee for defamation.
我們起訴民主黨委員會主席誹謗
Why?
為什么
He said some nasty things about Eli in a gossip column.
他在八卦專欄里中傷伊萊·戈德
Okay, I don't understand the connection.
我不明白這有什么關聯
You know how hard it is to win in defamation.
你知道要打贏誹謗官司有多難吧
Yes, we don't want to win.
我知道,我們沒打算贏
You don't?
不打算贏?
No, we want the defense to ask for a dismissal.
對,我們想讓辯方申請駁回訴訟
Then we'll be able to put
這樣我們就能傳喚
Frank Landau on the stand in civil court
弗蘭克·朗度到民事法庭作證
to find out what he intends to say
然后套出他想在聯邦法庭
against Eli in federal court.
以哪件事指證伊萊
It's not as strange as it sounds.
這事沒有聽起來那么奇怪
Really?
是嗎
You're funny.
你真幽默
So you'll help us?
那你肯幫我們嗎
You want me to playact a lawyer
你想讓我扮演
in your sham defamation lawsuit?
你那虛假誹謗訴訟案的律師嗎
Pretty much, yes.
差不多,是的
This is not a sham, Your Honor.
這不是虛假訴訟,法官閣下
We take the defamation of our client very seriously.
我們非常嚴肅地看待對于我當事人的誹謗
Their motive is so nakedly obvious,
他們的動機簡直是赤裸裸的
Your Honor, it's almost comical.
法官閣下,這近乎滑稽
There is nothing comical about the ruining of our client's...
毀我當事人清譽的事絲毫不滑稽
We strenuously insist that this case be dismissed with prejudice.
我方懇請有偏見駁回起訴
I can hear perfectly.
我聽力很好
Nobody needs to yell.
誰都不用嚷
Counselor, I've read the petitions.
律師,我看過訴狀
This is third-party defamation?
這是第三方誹謗嗎
Exactly-Mr. Landau didn't print this comment.
正是,這則評論不是朗度先生刊登的
He didn't scream it from the rooftops.
他沒有跑到房頂大聲宣布
Yes, because he didn't have to.
是的,因為他沒必要那樣做
He was in a public place-Parrillan--
他當時在公眾場所,帕里蘭餐廳
and he should have known his comments could be easily overheard.
他應該知道自己的言論極易被他人聽到
She's right, Counselor.
她說的對,律師
Third-party public declaration is still defamatory.
由第三方公之于眾仍構成誹謗
Are you arguing for a dismissal?
你方是請求駁回起訴嗎
Yes, Your Honor,
是的,法官閣下
we move for a dismissal with prejudice.
我方請求有偏見駁回起訴
No.
不
Excuse me, sir, do you have business here?
抱歉,先生,這有你什么事
I seem to now.
現在看來有了
You don't want a dismissal.
駁回對你沒好處
Your Honor, the plaintiff asks
法官閣下,原告請求
to present witnesses against this motion.
傳喚證人以駁回被告請求
Okay, what's going on?
這是怎么回事
Mr. Perrotti is a Department of Justice lawyer...
佩羅蒂先生是司法部的律師
...who wants to use this defamation suit
他想利用本次誹謗案
to fuel his prosecution of our client.
來獲取起訴我方當事人的證據
Wait a minute, just the opposite.
稍等,恰恰相反
You're with the Department of Justice?
你是司法部的人
I am, Your Honor.
是的,法官閣下
Good, well, then, shut up.
很好,那請別說話
Present your witnesses, Counselor.
請出證人吧,律師
We call Mr. Frank Landau to the stand.
我方傳弗蘭克·朗度先生入席作證
Damn it.
見鬼
What?
什么
Did you say the following, sir?
你是否說過如下言論
"I know personally Eli Gold was buying votes."
我知道伊萊·戈德收買選票
I did. And you still insist this was not defamatory?
說過,你還堅持認為這不算誹謗嗎
I do. And why is that?
是的,為什么
It's true. Really?
事實如此,真的嗎
And how do you know it's true?
你怎么知道那是事實
Your Honor,
法官閣下
this testimony will seriously undermine
這份證詞將嚴重破壞
a current Department of Justice investigation.
司法部正在調查的一起案件
We ask that it be delayed.
我們申請延期審理
Mr. Perrotti...
佩羅蒂先生
AUSA Perrotti.
助理聯邦檢察官佩羅蒂
Yes.
是
You have no standing in this court,
你在本案中不屬于任何一方
and furthermore I don't like the Department of Justice,
加上我也不喜歡司法部
so please sit down and stop interrupting.
請你坐好別打岔了
Again, Mr. Landau, how do you know
再問一次,朗度先生,你怎么知道
this statement to be true?
這番言論所述屬實
I arranged the meeting for Eli to buy votes.
伊萊收買選票是由我安排會面的
Any ideas?
怎么回事
And with who did you arrange this meeting?
你安排他會見了誰
You must answer, Mr. Landau.
你必須回答,朗度先生
The meeting was with Hugh Saxon.
是和休·撒克遜會面
And what is Mr. Saxon's job description?
撒克遜先生的工作是什么
He's CEO of Greengate Retirement Centers.
綠門退休中心的行政總裁
Are you crazy?
你瘋了嗎
That wasn't to buy votes.
那才不是為了買選票
Mr. Gold, stop.
戈德先生,打住
And you witnessed this meeting
你是否親歷了這次
between Mr. Saxon and Mr. Gold? Yes.
撒克遜和戈德先生的會面,是
Mr. Florrick's mother was to speak
那時福瑞克先生的母親
at one of his convalescent homes.
要在他的一所療養院演講
And in what way were these votes bought?
收買選票一事是如何操作的
Mr. Gold was worried
戈德先生擔心
that he wouldn't get enough votes to make
他在民主黨民意調查中
a strong enough showing at the Democratic straw poll,
得不到足夠彰顯優勢的選票
so Mr. Saxon promised to bus 600 senior citizens
所以撒克遜先生承諾帶600名老年人
to the straw poll
去參加民調
to pack the vote for Peter Florrick--
讓他們把所有票投給彼得·福瑞克
your husband.
你丈夫
Alicia, do you mind giving us a moment?
艾麗西婭,你介意回避一下嗎
I do, actually.
實際上,我介意
This has nothing to do with Peter.
這事跟彼得沒關系
You packed the vote?
你糾集了選票
I did what everyone does, I...
大家都是這么干的
Wait a minute.
等等
No, Alicia,
不行,艾麗西婭
you may be subject to subpoena in federal court.
你可能會被聯邦法院傳喚
No, I enjoy attorney-client privilege.
不,我受律師與當事人保密特權保護
Only if you have no previous knowledge of this
前提是你作為競選人的妻子
as the wife of the candidate.
事先不知情
Peter doesn't know you packed the straw poll?
彼得不知道你糾集選票的事嗎
I didn't pack it.
我不是糾集選票
It was a Democratic outreach to involve seniors in the process.
是民主黨為邀老年人參與投票做出的努力
In trade for a discount
用給綠門提供優惠的
on Greengate's crisis management?
危機管理服務換取的嗎
Not in trade.
不是換取的
Coincidentally, at the same time.
只是碰巧同時發生了
That's all.
如此而已
You didn't rein in your hours, Alicia.
你沒有控制住團隊的工時,艾麗西婭
We're still working on it.
我們還在努力解決
Well, there are more associates involved
參與畢夏普一案的律師
in the Bishop case than before.
比之前還要多
You need to assert your authority.
你要樹立你的威信
I've gone over the work, Diane, it's all necessary.
我去看過了,戴安,都是必要的工作
Part of asserting my authority is telling you that.
我樹立威信的一部分就是這樣告訴你
Well, here's another part.
還有另一部分
Find a way to cut ten percent of their billable hours.
想辦法砍掉他們十分之一的計費工時
It's all right.
沒關系的
You over your cold?
你感冒好了
Yes.
嗯
You?
你呢
Getting there.
快好了
Alicia, it's okay.
艾麗西婭,沒關系的
We're not gonna act on it.
我們不會怎么樣的
Again.
再一次怎么樣
Yes, again.
是的,再一次
It was a mistake, it happened, but that's it.
那是個錯誤,它發生了,但僅此而已
We can't... avoid each other.
我們不可能永遠回避對方
You're right.
你說得
I'll see you around. See you.
回見,回見
Yes, I met with Eli Gold.
是,我和伊萊·戈德會過面
You're with his defense team?
你是他辯護團隊的人
I am.
是
The prosecution says that you met with Mr. Gold
檢方說你會見戈德先生是為了
for the purposes of voter fraud.
商談賄選的事
I have an agreement with the Department of Justice
我與司法部有協議
which prevents me from going into these matters.
我不能談論此類事宜
Yeah, is that regarding arranging transport
嗯,是關于你安排送出
for seniors staying in your homes?
你養老院里的老人嗎
Again, I really can't say.
再說一遍,我不能說
All right, then, let me just say this.
好吧,我這么跟你說
I think that the Department of Justice
我認為司法部
is trying to scare you...
是在嚇唬你
This, um, this picture,
這張照片
this one here... is that taken from the straw poll? Yes.
這張,是在民調會上拍的嗎,是
Do you have any more from that day?
你有那天的其他照片嗎
We probably do.
我們應該有
Why?
怎么了
Hey, do you want to have dinner tonight?
今晚想一起吃個飯嗎
What?
什么
Do you want to have dinner tonight? Why?
今晚想一起吃飯嗎,為什么
What do you mean, why?
干嘛問為什么
No, I mean, who with?
不,我是說和誰一起
Oh, no, not the campaign, just us.
不是位了競選的事,就我們兩個
What?
什么
A date?
約會嗎
No, not a date,
不算約會
uh... just...
就是
Okay, a date.
好吧,是約會
Okay.
可以
Good.
好的
You know that Jordan says that if Maddie attacks me
喬丹說如果明天的辯論上瑪蒂攻擊我
in tomorrow's debate, that I should back off
我應該退讓
so that I don't look like a bully.
那樣才不會顯得我欺負她
You think that's smart?
你覺得那樣明智嗎
I think you should call Eli and ask him.
我覺得你該打給伊萊問問
I haven't, uh, been talking to Eli.
我這段時間還沒跟伊萊交談過
I know.
我知道
I think you should call Eli.
我覺得你應該打給伊萊
We book over $55 million in yearly client fees
我們每年的客戶傭金超過5500萬
and we do this by providing individualized service.
因為我們為客戶提供個性化服務
The primary reason we're one of the few large firms
我們是尚存的為數不多的大律所之一
left standing is because we don't forget
首要原因是我們從不忘記
it's all about the client.
客戶至上的道理
Now, I was told ten minutes,
我被告知只能講10分鐘
but I could go on for another 30.
但我可以接著再說30分鐘
You have any questions? No, this is great.
你們有問題嗎,沒有,講得很好
Good presentation. Thank you.
陳述得不錯,謝謝
Actually I have a question.
我有一個問題
Ms. Hellinger.
海靈格女士
You represent the drug dealer Lemond Bishop, don't you?
你們為毒販萊蒙德·畢夏普代理,對嗎
I don't think we need to go into that.
我覺得我們不必談那個問題
Won't that prove difficult,
那樣不是挺困難的嗎
representing Chicago's top drug dealer
一邊代表芝加哥最大的毒販
while at the same time representing us?
一邊代表我們
Obviously there's always a Chinese Wall
顯然在我為你們提供的服務
between the service I would supply for you and the service
和律所里我的其他同事為畢夏普先生
others in our firm would supply for Mr. Bishop.
提供的服務之間一定會壁壘分明
Thank you, very helpful.
謝謝,這個回答很有意義
That's it, a Chinese wall?
就這樣嗎,壁壘分明
Well, if we had to make other adjustments, we'd be willing.
如果我們必須做出其他調整,樂意效勞
Okay, thank you.
好的,謝謝你
Have you seen these photos before, Mr. Saxon?
你見過這些照片嗎,撒克遜先生
Yes, I took them.
見過,都是我拍的
And could you tell this court
能向法庭說明
what event is documented in these photos?
照片是在什么活動上拍攝的嗎
Yes, the Democratic straw poll four months ago.
能,是四個月前的民主黨民調會
And you arranged transportation
你安排運送了照片中的老人
for the seniors pictured here to be at this straw poll?
去參加那次民調會嗎
Yes.
是的
Now, the prosecution,
檢方
in the form of the formidable Mr. Perrotti--
也就是令人敬畏的佩羅蒂先生
he has suggested that this was
他說這是
an attempt to stack the deck in favor of Mr. Florrick
為了幫助福瑞克先生在民調中占優
at this poll. Is that true?
而暗中策劃的,是這樣嗎
No.
不是
Uh, as you can see, the seniors involved voted
正如你看到的,那些老人們投票給了
for all three of the candidates.
三位不同的候選人
You're referring to their T-shirts?
你是指他們穿的T恤嗎
The shirts represented which candidates they support? Yes.
T恤代表他們支持的候選人,是的
Only a third of the seniors voted for Mr. Florrick.
只有三分之一投給了福瑞克先生
Objection-- we don't know how they voted.
反對,我們并不知道他們投票給了誰
We just know what color shirts they wore.
我們只知道他們T恤的顏色
That is true as far as it goes.
這么說來的確沒錯
Now, the prosecution... Josh Perrotti--
檢方,喬?!づ辶_蒂
also has presented a witness.
也有證人要傳
This witness-Mr. Landau--
這位證人,朗度先生
claims that you had a deal:
聲稱你們有過協議
that Mr. Gold discounted his services
戈德先生向你少收一些服務費
in trade for this transport of seniors. That is untrue.
而你則幫他把老人們接過來,沒有
Your Honor, Mr. Landau's testimony
法官閣下,僅有朗度先生的斷言
swearing to this supposed conversation isn't enough.
不足以表明這次對話真正發生過
He needs corroboration.
他需要佐證
Mr. Saxon was that corroboration,
撒克遜先生是他所需要的佐證
and as you can see,
但正如您所見
Mr. Saxon insists that conversation never took place.
撒克遜先生堅稱沒有過那樣的對話
Yes, Mr. Perrotti,
是的,佩羅蒂先生
we are prone to dismiss this suit.
我們傾向于駁回起訴
Actually, Your Honor,
事實上,法官閣下
Mr. Saxon was not the only eyewitness.
撒克遜先生并不是唯一的證人
Really, who else?
是嗎,還有誰
A witness I will make available tomorrow, Your Honor.
明天該證人就能上庭作證,法官閣下
My father used to have dinner with him
我父親以前常和他一起吃晚餐
every night-- well, not every night.
每天如此,也不能說每天
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
Yes, hello. Do I know you?
我是,你好,我認識你嗎
No, you don't, but you look exactly like my grandmother.
不認識,但你和我奶奶長得一模一樣
Really?
真的嗎
Yes, and I'm sorry to say this, but you've been served.
真的,很抱歉通知您,您被傳喚了
Yeah, yeah, I agree.
對,對,我同意
All right, well, hang in there.
好的,你挺住
No, I'll be fine.
不,我不會有事的
We'll talk later.
等會再說
Hey, I'm ready.
我準備好了
Let me have it.
給我吧
Have what?
什么
Your phone.
你的手機
Are you feeling threatened?
你有危機感了嗎
No.
不
No, but I do know that there can only be one captain.
不是,但我知道只能有一個人說了算
Eli will tell you the same thing.
伊萊也會這么說的
The surest way to screw up a campaign
搞砸競選活動最保險的手段
is to listen to two captains.
就是同時聽取兩個領隊的意見
Do you trust me?
你信任我嗎
Yeah.
信任
Then, give me your phone.
那就把手機給我
I trust you, but I like my phone.
我信任你,但我也喜歡我的手機
Peter... you can't call Eli.
彼得...你不能給伊萊打電話
Okay.
好吧
Is this a courting, a stalking or a...
你這是在追我,跟蹤我,還是...
casual drop-by?
順便來串個門
What am I missing?
我漏掉什么了嗎
What are you missing? With the pitch.
你漏掉了什么,面試的事
You were a little north of hostile.
你表現得很有敵意
You're joking, right? Was this just to show me up,
你是在開玩笑吧,你是想出我洋相
bring me into the pitch so you can cut me off at the knees
引我去面試,好在吉妮瓦·派恩面前
in front of Geneva Pine?
盡情羞辱我是嗎
Yep, that's me. Well, thanks a lot.
沒錯,我就是這種人,那多謝了
Are you really this dense?
你真這么蠢嗎
I got the message.
你的意思我懂了
Geneva Pine was against you.
吉妮瓦·派恩才不站在你那邊
She wasn't against me until you started asking your questions.
你沒提那些問題前她是在我這邊的
She was being polite.
她只是出于禮貌
That's why I was asking the hard questions.
所以我才會問那些尖銳的問題
She doesn't want Lockhart-Gardner
她不想雇洛克哈特&加德納律所
because you represent a drug dealer.
因為你們的客戶中有毒販
That's why I was asking--
所以我才會問那些問題
I was giving you a chance.
我是在給你機會
But thanks for your understanding.
但是謝謝你的誤解
Hello, Jackie.
你好,杰姬
I don't think we should be talking, Mr. Gold.
我們不能說話吧,戈德先生
Jackie, I need to know if you're gonna...
杰姬,我得知道你是否會...
what you're gonna say.
你會說些什么
I'm going to tell the truth, Mr. Gold.
我會說實話,戈德先生
Alicia, I could use your help.
艾麗西婭,我需要你的幫助
Yes. I am on my way right now.
好的,我在路上了
Mm-hmm. Bye.
好的,再見
Got a second? No.
有時間嗎,沒有
Got the revised billing statement on the Bishop case.
我收到畢夏普案子修改后的賬單了
You cut my hours?
你削減了我的工時
It's coming from the top.
這是上面發的話
Forgive me, but aren't you also a partner on this case?
抱歉,但你不也是負責此案的合伙人嗎
Let's talk about this later, Cary.
這事過會再說吧,凱里
Alicia, you cut my billables,
艾麗西婭,你削減了我的工時
it screws me come promotion time,
也就是削減了我的晉升機會
and I prefer not to have the rug
我不想再一次
yanked out from under me a second time.
被人從背后捅刀子
Right now let's just focus on winning for Bishop.
眼下先把精力放在為畢夏普打贏官司上吧
Jacqueline Florrick.
杰奎琳·福瑞克
You're the mother of current
你是現任庫克縣
Cook County State's Attorney Peter Florrick?
州檢察官彼得·福瑞克的母親對嗎
And future Illinois Governor
也是未來伊利諾伊州州長
Peter Florrick, yes.
彼得·福瑞克的母親,沒錯
Mm. Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
on October 18, 2012,
2012年10月18日
did you give a speech in support of your son's campaign
你是否為支持你兒子的競選
to the residents of the Greengate retirement Center
在北溪市對綠門退休中心的居民
in Northbrook?
做過演講
Yes.
是的
Was Eli Gold also present? Yes.
伊萊·戈德也在場嗎,是的
He arranged for me to speak there.
是他安排我去那演講的
I'm sure he wanted to ensure I stayed on point.
我肯定他是想確保我不跑題
At the reception afterwards,
在之后的招待會上
did you talk with Mr. Gold
你是否和戈德先生
and Greengate CEO Hugh Saxon?
還有綠門的行政總裁休·撒克遜談過話
Why, yes. And what was discussed?
是的,你們說了些什么
Arthritis.
關節炎
I don't mean to be funny.
我沒想逗你們笑的
The facility was offering wonderful new therapy...
中心提供了很好的新療法...
Was anything else discussed, Mrs. Florrick?
還談了什么別的嗎,福瑞克夫人
Well... Jewish stuff.
還有...猶太人的東西
"Jewish stuff""
"猶太人的東西"
And-and what is "Jewish stuff"?
什么是"猶太人的東西"
Mm, the Sabbath and-and a Seder.
安息日和逾越節家宴
A Seder is a dinner.
逾越節家宴是一種晚宴
She's doing this to get back at me. For what?
她這是在報復我,報復你什么
For everything.
所有的事
Was anything of a political nature discussed?
有談到政治上的事嗎
Actually, much of a political nature was discussed,
事實上,我們談到了很多政治上的事
but Mr. Gold doesn't like it when I discuss politics,
但戈登先生不喜歡我討論政治
so often I just listen.
所以我只是聽他們說
When you were listening, did you hear
那當你聽他們說的時候,你有沒有聽到
Mr. Gold and Mr. Saxon agree on a deal?
戈登先生和撒克遜先生談成了一筆交易
I don't know if I would call it a deal.
我不知道那稱不稱得上是筆交易
They had an agreement.
但他們是達成了一個協定
Did Mr. Gold agree to cut his crisis-management fee
戈登先生是否同意降低危機管理服務費
in return for Mr. Saxon transporting Greengate residents
以換取撒克遜先生把綠門的老人們
to the Cook County straw poll
送到庫克縣民調現場
to vote for your son?
好讓他們給你兒子投票
That sounds about right.
差不多就是那樣
We need to poke a hole in what she heard.
我們得在她聽到的內容中找到漏洞
We could impeach her as a witness.
我們可以質疑她作為證人的可靠性
How?
怎么說
Well, Jackie had a stroke last year.
杰姬去年中風了
She's had problem with her memory and orientation.
她的記憶和定位能力都出了問題
That's right. Exactly!
沒錯,就是這樣
She's easily confused?
她很容易犯糊涂
Like a blind donkey.
跟頭瞎驢似的
But she does not like it being pointed out,
但她不喜歡被人指出這點
so you have to be very careful.
所以你得非常小心
She also doesn't like me,
她也不喜歡我
'cause I cut down on her speaking schedule.
因為我削減了她的演講次數
And the Jewish stuff?
還有那些猶太人的東西
And the Jewish stuff.
還有那些猶太人的東西
Looks expensive.
看著很貴嘛
It is.
是很貴
You don't know wine.
你又不懂紅酒
You bought it 'cause you like the picture on the label.
你買它只是因為你喜歡商標上的圖案
Pretty mountain.
這山很漂亮
See the wagon?
看見馬車沒
It's very lovely.
很可愛
Okay. I forgive you.
好吧,我原諒你
I didn't know I was apologizing. You were...
我沒有在道歉啊,你就是...
in your own way.
以你自己的方式
By the way, you... you didn't get our business.
對了,你...你們沒拿到我們的生意
You were cut after the first round.
你們第一輪就被淘汰了
You, uh... you want your bottle back?
你...你想要回這瓶酒嗎
No. Keep it.
不用了,你留著吧
Hello, Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
你好,福瑞克夫人,你好
You testified that
你作證說
you gave a campaign speech
10月18號,你在北溪市的
at the Greengate Retirement Center in Northbrook on October 18?
綠門退休中心作了競選演說
Yes.
是的
What specifically did you talk about in this speech?
你那次演講的具體內容是什么
Objection. Relevance.
反對,與本案無關
The alleged deal took place
這筆所謂的交易
after a speech by Mrs. Florrick.
是在福瑞克夫人的演講之后發生的
It's all part of a whole, Your Honor.
整體不可分割,法官閣下
Yes, but the fact that Mrs. Florrick
話是這么說,但福瑞克夫人
spoke about the retirement age hardly matters.
講的是退休年齡問題,不可能有關系
Objection, Your Honor.
反對,法官閣下
If the counselor wants to get on the stand,
如果原告律師想上證人席
I'll swear him in.
我很歡迎
Okay. You're both overruled.
好了,你們的反對都無效
You can answer, Mrs. Florrick.
你可以回答了,福瑞克夫人
I spoke on the retirement age
我談了退休年齡
and other things.
還有其他一些事
Mrs. Florrick, you testified that after your speech
福瑞克夫人,你作證說在你的演講之后
you participated in a conversation with
你參與了一個談話,參與的人還有
Eli Gold and Greengate CEO Hugh Saxon?
伊萊·戈德和綠門的行政總裁休·撒克遜
If you say so.
你說就是咯
Yes...
是的...
You said this, during Mr. Perrotti's questioning.
那是你說的,在佩羅蒂先生的問訊中
Well, I-I go to so many of these events,
這種場合我去的太多了
for Peter, and, uh, they-they all
都是為彼得而去,我有時
tend to blur into each other.
會把它們相互混淆
Mrs. Florrick, are you saying
福瑞克夫人,你是說
you don't remember this meeting?
你不記得這次談話了嗎
I suffered a stroke several months ago,
幾個月前,我得過一次中風
and it's left me with, uh,
留下了一些
shall we say...
可以這么說...
cognitive... issues.
認知...問題
Did you talk to her about this? No.
你跟她聊過嗎,沒有
Do you recall if Eli Gold was even at this event?
你記得伊萊·戈德當時是否在場嗎
Objection. Asked and answered.
反對,重復問題
And the witness may have erred
證人上次作證時
in that earlier testimony. Overruled.
可能出錯了,反對無效
Again, Mrs. Florrick, do you recall
再問一次,福瑞克夫人,你能記得
if Mr. Gold was present when you spoke
你在綠門退休中心演講時
at the Greengate Retirement Center?
戈德先生是否在場嗎
Ms. Tascioni...
塔肖尼女士
there are days when I can't even recall my own name.
我曾有段日子連自己的名字都不記得
Thank you. No more questions.
謝謝,沒有問題了
So, why'd you do that?
你為什么那么做
It's the truth, isn't it?
那是事實,不是嗎
The issue on the table
我們的問題是
is whether there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate
是否有充分證據證明
Mr. Gold arranged and agreed to a vote-bribery deal.
戈德先生安排并達成了賄選協議
I was fully convinced there was,
在福瑞克夫人坦白她的
until Mrs. Florrick's admission about her cognitive challenges.
認知問題前,我本來相信證據確鑿
Which I'm afraid, Mr. Perrotti,
但佩羅蒂先生,目前情況恐怕
leaves you with only Frank Landau's testimony,
你手上只有弗蘭克·朗度的證言
and that is not enough to bring to the jury.
而那不足以讓陪審團介入
So we have no choice but to disqualify...
所以我們只能取消...
Your Honor, we wish to amend out complaint
法官閣下,我們想修改訴訟
and add a new coconspirator to the charge. Objection!
加入新的共謀者,反對
I know Mr. Perrotti is highly competitive and aggressive
我知道佩羅蒂先生爭強好勝
and wants to assert himself,
想堅持自己的說法
but you were about to dismiss.
但您已經要駁回訴訟了
Your Honor, you previously approved our extension
法官閣下,您之前允許了
for the production of our discovery.
我們推遲公示證據的時間
We submit that the extension is still in force.
我們認為那一延長仍然有效
We ask merely for the 24 hours.
我們只需24小時
Granted.
批準
We need to talk about the Bishop case.
我們得談談畢夏普的案子
Oh. We'll have all the motions ready well before...
我們會準備好全部動議...
I already revised this bill. I cut the hours.
我改過賬單了,削減了工時
You cut your hours.
你削減了自己的工時
You were instructed to cut the associates' hours.
給你的要求是削減律師們的工時
I thought we were trying to keep the bill down.
我以為我們是想減少賬單金額
Does it make a difference where the hours come from?
減誰的工時有什么區別嗎
A considerable one.
有很大區別
Clients like to see partner hours.
客戶愿意看到合伙人付出時間
It reassures them.
那讓他們安心
A disproportionate number of associate hours
如果全部工時中律師占的比例過大
leaves them to wonder whether their case is still a priority.
會讓他們懷疑自己的案子是否依然被重視
The associates are the ones doing all the heavy lifting.
所有重擔都是律師們在扛
It doesn't seem right to penalize them.
剝削他們不太好吧
They'll find other opportunities to make up the hours.
他們能找到別的機會補上
You're management now, Alicia.
艾麗西婭,你現在是管理者
You're not an associate-- stop pretending that you are.
不是普通律師,不要再假裝你是了
Will the other associates grumble about you? Yes.
其他律師會抱怨你嗎,會
But if you pretend you're still their peer,
但如果你再假裝是他們的同伴
they will grumble all the more, and they will come to hate you.
他們會抱怨更多,還會恨你
This is not the Queen's Hamlet.
這里不是女王的小村莊
You cannot dress up as a peasant here.
你不能裝出一副農夫樣
So stop it.
所以別這樣了
It is galling to them,
那會惹惱他們
and it is galling to me.
也會惹惱我
Did Saint Alicia sign off on the brief?
圣徒艾麗西婭簽訴書了嗎
I didn't get a chance to show it to her.
我還沒機會給她看
She's in with Diane.
她在和戴安談話
Any idea what they were talking about?
知道她們在說什么嗎
Probably other ways to shaft us.
也許在商量其他剝削我們的辦法吧
She's been the golden girl since the day she got here.
她一來這里就是萬眾矚目的黃金女郎
Yeah, well, life lesson: be nicer to her,
是啊,生存法則,對她客氣點
so she doesn't cut our hours on the next case.
下個案子她就不會削減我們的工時了
Hi. Everything good in here?
一切都好嗎
Yeah. Just plowing away on the Bishop case.
好,在忙畢夏普的案子
Good. Don't let up.
很好,別松懈
By the way, the issue with the bill has been resolved.
還有,賬單的問題解決了
Alicia cut her own hours instead of yours.
艾麗西婭削減了她自己的工時
But keep up the good work.
繼續努力工作吧
All right, we're live in 20 minutes.
好,20分鐘后直播
Wrong side.
你走錯了
I believe your group is going to be watching from the other wing.
你們那邊的人會在另一側觀看
Thank you.
謝謝
It's not going to work, you know.
你知道這樣是沒用的吧
What's that? Jordan...
什么沒用,喬丹...
sent you over here to unsettle me before the debate.
派你在辯論前過來,好讓我感到不安
It's not going to.
我不會不安的
You know, they're always wondering
他們總在問
if men and women can really be friends.
男人和女人真的能成為朋友嗎
But the real question is:
但真正的問題是
Can women?
女人和女人可以嗎
I mean, there's no question that immigration is a complex issue.
移民問題無疑是個復雜的事情
But let me just say this--
但我要說
we are Illinois, not Arizona.
我們是伊利諾伊,不是亞利桑那
Thank you, Mr. States Attorney.
謝謝,州檢察官先生
Oh, I'm sorry. I think, according to your... pre-agreed rules,
抱歉,根據你之前所說
I'm supposed to refer to you as Mr. Florrick.
我應該稱你福瑞克先生
That's all right, Petra.
沒事的,佩特拉
I won't hold it against you.
我不會記恨你的
Thank you.
謝謝
And I'll let you call me... Petra.
你也可以叫我...佩特拉
Now, let's see. Ms. Hayward, do you have any response?
那么,海沃德女士,你想回應嗎
I do.
想
I am thrilled that the State's Attorney
我很高興州檢察官先生
has found the Latino vote.
注意到了拉丁裔的投票權
Our state is only 16% Hispanic,
我們州只有16%的人是拉丁裔
and yet of the nearly 10,000 inmates of Cook County Prison,
但在你監管的庫克縣監獄里的近萬人中
which you oversee, 36% are Hispanic.
竟有36%是拉丁裔
She's really going after him. Oh, he's doing fine.
她還真抓住他不放了,他做得不錯
Well, those statistics tell a very frightening story
這些統計數據說明
if you live in Mr. Florrick's county
如果你住在福瑞克先生的轄區
and your skin is not white.
又不是白人,那是件恐怖的事
How many of the lawyers
你屬下的律師里
working under you are African-American, Mr. Florrick?
有多少是非洲裔呢,福瑞克先生
Less than five percent.
不到5%
Yes, and that is a problem which we are addressing...
是,那正是我們在努力解決...
You were told about this lack of diversity
多樣性的缺乏在兩年前的
in a staff memo two years ago,
員工備忘錄中就已體現
and you've done nothing.
而你一直毫無作為
Thank you. Ms. Hayward...
謝謝,海沃德女士
How did she know that?
她怎么知道的
From me. She's using it.
我告訴她的,她在利用信息
...the question we were addressing was immigration?
我們討論的是移民問題
I thought we were encouraging a free range of topics here.
我們不是鼓勵自由主題嘛
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Everyone.
冷靜下,各位
Mr. Florrick, would you like to respond to Miss Hayward
福瑞克先生,你想回應海沃德女士
on the issue of preferential hiring?
關于雇傭歧視的問題嗎
No, thank you.
不想,謝謝
Come on, Peter.
說話啊,彼得
We have just one more witness, Your Honor.
我還有一位證人,法官閣下
Good to hear, Counselor.
那太好了,律師
We call Josh Perrotti.
我們傳召喬希·佩羅蒂
We object to this witness, Your Honor.
我們反對,法官閣下
Strenuously.
強烈反對
The defamatory comments that Frank Landau made about my client--
弗蘭克·朗度對我們當事人的誹謗...
they were made to AUSA Perrotti.
是對助理聯邦檢察官佩羅蒂做出的
His testimony is more than relevant.
他的證言至關重要
Your Honor, the always-creative Ms. Tascioni
法官閣下,創意無限的塔肖尼女士
is using this suit to obstruct my federal case.
在利用這場官司妨礙我的聯邦訴訟
Which is not my problem, Mr. Perrotti.
那不是我的問題,佩羅蒂先生
Here you're a private citizen
在這里你只是個在我法庭上
who's out of order in my court.
不守規矩的普通公民
The witness sounds perfectly relevant to this case.
這位證人與本案有關
Mr. Perrotti, come get a view from the front.
佩羅蒂先生,上來看看風景吧
Enunciate. I want to make sure he hears you.
發音清晰點,我得確保他能聽見
Oh, he will.
他聽得到的
I will fight for you.
我會為你們力爭
That's what your vote means to me.
那是你們的投票對于我的意義
If you want someone who's polite and calm, vote for Peter,
如果你喜歡禮貌冷靜的人,投票給彼得
but if you want a fighter, vote for me.
但如果你要的是個斗士,選我
Thank you, Maddie.
謝謝你,瑪蒂
Well, that brings us to our halfway point.
到中場時間了
We'll take a short break now.
我們短暫休息一下
This is the Illinois Democratic gubernatorial debate.
這里是伊利諾伊民主黨州長競選辯論
And we'll be right back.
我們馬上回來
Oh, she's trying to bait you.
她是在給你下套
You stick with the plan, we'll be okay.
按計劃行事,我們就沒事
Hmm. How am I doing?
我表現得怎樣
Mostly good.
總體不錯
That's all we need is mostly good.
總體不錯就夠了
Tell me the truth.
說實話
I don't know strategy, but you need to call Eli.
我不懂戰略,但你該聯系伊萊
How much time do I have? Hey, Peter?
我還有多少時間,彼得
Three minutes. Peter? Peter, we need to talk.
三分鐘,彼得,我們得聊聊
Jordan, I actually have to ask you a question.
喬丹,我其實有個問題要問你
But isn't it true, Mr. Perrotti...?
但佩羅蒂先生,你是否...
You can call me Josh.
你可以叫我喬希
But isn't it true, Mr. Perrotti, that you failed
佩羅蒂先生,你是否沒能成功地
to objectively prove this vote-purchasing charge in federal court?
在聯邦法庭上證實賄選指控
For the moment.
暫時是
Time is irrelevant here, isn't it?
是不是暫時的并不重要,對嗎
You either prove this...
你要么能證明...
How bad?
有多糟
Oh, well, clearly, she's treating this debate
顯然,她把這次辯論
like it's a game changer.
當成了翻身仗
Jordan wants me to stick to policy and not push back.
喬丹希望我堅持方針不要回擊
Ugh! You can't play rope-a-dope, Peter.
這時候可不能以逸待勞,彼得
You bland out when you don't punch.
你不反擊就會被認為是因循守舊
Back in two minutes, everyone.
各位,還有兩分鐘
And don't let her near you.
別讓她接近你
My guess is, she got the advice
我猜她得到的建議是
that she should stand near you when you start bullying.
當你強烈反擊時就站在你身邊
Don't let her.
不要給她機會
Well, I can't have her chasing me around the stage.
總不能讓她追著我滿舞臺走吧
Just be aware of the camera frame. There are three cameras.
注意拍攝畫面即可,有三臺攝像機
Keep her from getting in the frame with you.
不要和她出現在同一個拍攝畫面中
How do I do that?
我該怎么做
Walk the outskirts of the arena,
走到舞臺邊緣
closest to the bleachers.
最靠近觀眾席的位置
The cameras can't get cross-angles.
攝像機無法拍攝到交叉角度的畫面
Sure...
好
Okay?
知道了嗎
Your three minutes are up?
三分鐘已經到了吧
Yeah.
是的
I forgot how good you are at this.
我都忘了你是多么的精于此道
Thank you.
謝謝
I really miss having you run the show, Eli.
伊萊,我很懷念你主持大局的日子
You can't prove the federal charges against Eli Gold...
聯邦法院對伊萊·戈德的起訴尚未證實
I know.
我知道
Yeah, I... I miss you, too.
我...我也想你
Okay. Good luck.
好了,祝你好運
Yeah. You, too.
是的,你也一樣
...can't prove it at this moment?
現在無法證實嗎
Correct.
對的
And isn't it true that Frank Landau
弗蘭克·朗度不能被
was disqualified as a coconspirator?
列為同謀,難道不是嗎
Well, in the judge's opinion, yes,
法官是這么認為的
but that doesn't make it any less true.
但并不能說明那不是真相
Really? How is that?
真的嗎,此話怎講
The federal court has decided...
聯邦法院決定
No, it hasn't decided.
不,還未決定
It has left the question open.
結果有待討論
Until you bring in another coconspirator?
直到你引進另外一個同謀對嗎
Yes.
是的
And have you found another coconspirator?
你找到另外一個同謀了嗎
Again, Your Honor, this testimony is being used
法官閣下,我再重申,這次作證
purely to shake me down.
是為了套出我的話
That's awful.
那可真過分
Please answer.
請你回答
Yes, I have found another coconspirator.
是的,我找到了另外一個同謀
And who is that?
是誰
Mr. Perrotti. Josh?
佩羅蒂先生,喬希
I'm afraid you need to cough up the name,
你需要供出姓名
or be held in contempt.
否則會被視作藐視當庭
Who is the new coconspirator?
這名新的同謀是誰
Diane Lockhart.
戴安·洛克哈特
Simply put, Mr. Florrick has spent
簡而言之,福瑞克先生
the last dozen years being a politician.
在過去幾十年一直都是政客
I've spent them building and running a company.
而我一直在創立和經營公司
Thank you, Maddie.
謝謝你,瑪蒂
And thank you for staying within your time limit.
謝謝你沒有超時
Mr. Florrick, do you have anything here?
福瑞克先生,你有什么要說的嗎
Would you like to pass?
你選擇不回應嗎
Mr. Florrick, you can
福瑞克先生,你可以
bank your time if you like.
把時間累積到下一環節
Come on. Come on. Come on.
趕快,快啊,回擊啊
Mr. Florrick?
福瑞克先生
Um, you know, you... you talk about creating jobs, ma'am,
女士,你說到創造就業機會
but isn't it true that recently
但是就在最近
you closed your company's semiconductor plant
你關閉了公司在紹姆堡的半導體工廠
in Schaumburg and shipped 1,200 jobs to Mexico?
1200個就業機會被轉移到墨西哥,不是嗎
We also opened a distributing center in Aurora,
我們還在奧羅拉市開設了集散中心
creating 1,000 new jobs.
提供了1000個新的就業機會
60% of which are part-time and don't see benefits.
60%是兼職工作,沒有福利
I don't think that's exactly true.
我覺得這種說法不完全正確
Oh, what is true
準確來說
62.5, to be exact.
是62.5%
Added to the 30% of your employees recently furloughed...
再加上你公司近期被停職的30%的雇員
What's he doing? He's trying to win.
他在干嘛,贏得辯論
They were furloughed because the economy was hit.
他們暫時被停職,是因為經濟不景氣
Now that the economy is coming back...
現在經濟開始復蘇
You'll try to union-bust them.
你將會試圖趕走工會
Excuse me.
你說什么
Last month, in a conference call with Wall Street analysts,
在上個月和華爾街分析師的電話會議中
didn't you say that within five years,
你不是說,五年內
you would drive the unions from your plants?
你要把工會趕出你的工廠
I did not... That is not what I said.
我沒有,我不是那么說的
That is not what I said. I said... I said,
我不是那么說的,我說
union costs, union demands,
工會的費用,工會的要求
were increasing costs and making it difficult to be competitive.
增加了成本,減少了公司的競爭力
Uh, so it's okay to cut your employees' wages
所以你可以降低員工工資
while you renovate your summer home on Lake Geneva?
卻花大錢裝修你的日內瓦湖邊別墅對嗎
Peter, I believe the audience member
彼得,我認為觀眾問的是
asked a question about over-regulation, not... me.
關于監管過度的問題,而不是關于我
Yes, but I believe we're encouraging a free range of topics here.
是的,但我們不是鼓勵自由主題嘛
Diane Lockhart,
我是戴安·洛克哈特
senior partner at Lockhart-Gardner.
洛克哈特/加德納律所的資深合伙人
Ms. Lockhart, this is a Lockhart-Gardner invoice
洛克哈特小姐,這是你的律所
to Greengate Retirement Centers.
開給綠門退休中心的發票
It includes a 25% discount for Eli Gold's
上面寫著伊萊·戈德給他的危機管理服務
crisis management services.
打了七五折
Would you please read the handwritten initials at the bottom?
可以讀一下底部簽署的姓名首字母嗎
D.L.
D.L.
You initialed this invoice?
這張發票是你簽署的嗎
Yes. Will Gardner or I sign off on every bill
是的,在把賬單寄給客戶之前
before it is sent to a client.
需要威爾·加德納或我簽字
Your Honor, Ms. Lockhart conspired with Eli Gold
法官閣下,洛克哈特與伊萊·戈德同謀
to offer Greengate services at a discount.
為綠門提供折扣服務
She's the coconspirator.
她就是同謀
Your Honor, that is a stretch.
法官閣下,這太牽強了
Not at all.
一點也沒有
There are two ways to show conspiracy--
同謀有兩種方式
the agreement of services received,
協議接受服務和
and the agreement of services offered.
協議提供服務
This is for services offered.
這屬于提供服務
We would agree. Ms. Lockhart,
我們同意這種說法,洛克哈特女士
did you approve Eli Gold's
你是否同意了伊萊·戈德
25% discount to Greengate?
為綠門提供25%的折扣
No.
沒有
You just testified you initialed this invoice.
你剛剛說這張發票是你簽的
Yes, but I didn't approve it.
是的,但我沒有同意
I only signed off on it because
我簽字僅僅是因為
my supervisor instructed me to.
我的監管人讓我這么做
I'm sorry. Aren't you and Will Gardner the bosses?
抱歉,你和威爾·加德納不就是主管嗎
When this invoice came due, our firm was in bankruptcy.
開發票時,我們律所處于破產時期
We were under the control of a court-appointed trustee,
我們接受法院委任的監管人管理
Mr. Clarke Hayden. He was the one in charge.
克拉克·海登先生,他才是那時的主管
He was eager to boost cash flow and
他急于提高現金流,要求我們
had us offer clients discounts for quicker payment.
為客戶提供折扣來加快支付速度
If Ms. Lockhart did not approve that discount,
如果洛克哈特女士沒有批準那個折扣
it rules her out as a coconspirator, Your Honor.
她就不能作為同謀,法官閣下
No, the charge still stands.
不,指控依然成立
It will be amended to reflect Lockhart-Gardner
修改為洛克哈特&加德納律所
as the coconspirator...
作為同謀
Yes, but the trustee, Mr. Hayden,
是的,但是監管人海登先生受雇于
was an employee of the creditors, not Lockhart-Gardner.
債權人,而不是洛克哈特&加德納律所
Isn't that right, Ms. Lockhart?
不是嗎,洛克哈特女士
It is.
是的
So, Mr. Perrotti, are you going to continue
佩羅蒂先生,你還要再
to play musical coconspirators,
繼續到處找同謀嗎
or are we done here?
還是到此為止
Well done.
干得好
Thank you.
謝謝
Do you like the ballet? No.
你喜歡芭蕾舞劇嗎,不
Me, neither. Let's not go together.
我也不喜歡,我們就不要一起去看了
Dinner?
一起晚餐呢
No.
不
May I ask why?
能問問為什么嗎
No.
不能
You did right by us on those hours.
工時的事你為我們做了很多
Thank you.
謝謝
Do I want to know the names I was called?
律師們沒少給我起外號吧
Let's just say,
這么說吧
some of your fairy tale favorites got some play.
都是你最愛的童話人物
Well, you might want to break 'em out again.
可能又要把她們請出來了
My notes are in the margins.
我的批注寫在空白處了
Don't worry about the preamble.
開場白就不用管了
I thought we were set.
我以為已經敲定了
We were.
是的
I'll need the revised brief tomorrow.
明天把改好的訴書給我
No later than 10:00.
十點以前
Polling says that 56% of the viewers think
調查顯示56%的觀眾
that I won the debate.
認為我贏得了辯論
It's probably a couple of points higher.
真實比例可能還會再高一些
They always under-sample younger voters.
他們選取的樣本中年輕選民的比例較低
No landlines.
年輕人都不用座機
You're still packing.
你還在打包
I'm still damaged goods.
我還有污點
Well, I want you back.
我想讓你回來
Kresteva will use this.
克里斯特瓦會利用這點的
Ugh! Kresteva will use anything and everything.
任何事情都會被克里斯特瓦利用
You can't be sentimental, Peter.
彼得,你不能感情用事
You think that's sentimental?
你覺得那是感情用事
How about this?
這怎么樣
Thank you.
謝謝
You're welcome.
不客氣
Well, are you gonna stay?
你要留下嗎
Because I don't see myself
沒有你,我怎么去得了
getting to Springfield without you.
首府斯普林菲爾德當州長
Or Washington?
或是首都華盛頓
Or Washington.
或是首都華盛頓
Okay, I'll stay.
好,我留下
Good. Now, unpack all that crap, and let's get to work.
好,把東西都拿出來吧,我們開工