Afternoon, Mr. Perkins.
午安 柏金斯先生
Afternoon, James.
午安 詹姆斯
Dear Max...
親愛的麥克斯
I've got a hunch.
我預感到自己的死亡
And I wanted to write these words to you.
所以把這些想對你說的話 寫了下來
I've made a long voyage and been to a strange country...
我旅行了很長一段時間 來到一個陌生的國度
and I've seen the dark man very close.
和內心那個黑暗的自己面對面
And I don't think I was too much afraid of him.
我不認為自己有多懼怕他
But I want most desperately to live.
但我最想做的事 還是活下去
I want to see you again.
我想再和你見一面
For there is such impossible anguish and regret...
我有好多痛苦 好多抱歉 想要對你說
for all I can never say to you...
但已經沒有機會了
for all the work I have to do.
我還有好多的想法 沒有付諸實踐
I feel as if a great window has been opened on life.
這感覺就像是一扇窗口被打開 你之前的一生在你眼前回放
And if I come through this...
如果我能安然度過
I hope to God I am a better man...
我希望自己能成為一個更好的人
and can live up to you.
做到不辜負你的期望
But most of all...
但最重要的是
I wanted to tell you, no matter what happens...
我想告訴你 無論發生什么
I shall always feel about you...
我對你的感受都不會改變
the way I did that November day...
都會像十一月的那天
when you met me at the boat...
當你來碼頭接我
and we went on top of the building...
我們爬上樓頂
and all the strangeness and the glory and the power of life were below.
一起感受生命的冷暖 榮耀以及它所散發出來的力量那樣
Yours always...
你永遠的朋友
Tom.
湯姆