We cross over yet?
過境了嗎
Little ways back.
過了一段了
How much longer?
還有多久
We're getting close.
快到了
How Oscar keeping these days?
奧斯卡現在怎么樣了
Well, some and some.
還好吧
Ain't nobody getting younger.
誰都不會越活越年輕
Natural fact.
自然規律
How you come to know him?
你怎么認識他的
He ain't say?
他沒說嗎
Say come pick you up outside Wilmington.
只說讓我們去威明頓市郊接你
Get you some clean clothes.
給你找些干凈衣服
That's what we done.
我們都照做了
How you see the road?
你們要怎么看路
Don't need to see it.
不用看
You all wait here now.
你們在這兒等著
They're just being careful.
他們就是小心行事而已
You worked for Mr. Boneau?
你為本諾先生工作嗎
Got myself in a knockdown with some corner boys.
我跟幾個流浪的小子打了起來
Way I was then...
我當時
I looked for a fight any old how.
總是找茬打架
Never even felt that razor.
都沒感覺到剃刀砍傷我
Looked down...
低頭一看
hand full of blood,
滿手是血
like... like I put 'em in a bucket.
血流不止
Didn't even know it was mine.
都不知道那是我的血
Just kept ragin'.
還不停手
What happened?
然后呢
A man come out.
有個人出來
I ain't never seen no one like him before.
我從沒見過他那樣的人
Folk just just move out his way.
他就那么過來
Them boys fly off.
那幾個小子就嚇跑了
I said, "Sir, thank you kindly."
我說"先生,太感謝你了"
Hat back on.
戴上帽子
Ain't had the legs to walk three feet.
走不出三尺遠就摔倒了
Take me away 'fore the police come.
他趁警察還沒來趕快帶我離開
Put me to work.
給了我份工作
Taught me everything I know.
教會了我一切
That Oscar.
那就是奧斯卡
Haven of Grace.
恩賜的庇護所
That's what it means.
路牌就是這個意思
You can come on out.
出來吧
Come on.
下車啊
You Mr. White.
你是懷特先生
Who are you now?
你是誰
Ain't you Mr. White?
你不是懷特先生嗎
Who else I gonna be?
我還能是誰
I'm Winston.
我是溫斯頓
Everybody call me Scrapper.
大家都喊我拳擊手
I don't know why.
我也不知道為什么
My uncle told me all about you.
我叔叔跟我說過你
There's a skunk in your cellar.
你地窖里有個臭鼬
Who is this?
誰啊
Wouldn't you like to know his name?
你不想知道他叫什么嗎
Means. Is that you?
米恩斯,是你嗎
$50,000.
五萬美元
You, check upstairs.
你,去樓上看看
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢
A fair price, considering
這價錢很公道了
the incendiary nature of the revelation. Means!
畢竟這一秘密能引發大麻煩米恩斯
You wake me up at what time is it?
你大半夜叫我起來,幾點了
75,000.
七萬五
You just said 50.
剛剛還是五萬呢
Did I?
是嗎
Are you drunk, Means?
你喝醉了嗎,米恩斯
Sober as a judge.
清醒得很
What are you trying to sell?
你到底想賣什么
Information,
信息
regarding a certain individual I am uniquely qualified to provide.
關于一個只有我了解的人
Open up!
開門
Tell me a name, Means.
告訴我是誰米恩斯
$200,000.
二十萬
I'm hanging up. Half a million dollars!
我要掛了, 五十萬
I am unarmed and defenseless.
我沒有武器,無法自衛
Who has sent you grimvisaged thuggees?
是誰派你們這些陰沉臉的暴徒來的
Secretary Mellon?
梅隆部長嗎
The Attorney General? That unweaned whelp Hoover?
司法部長,還是那個乳臭未干的小鬼胡佛
United States Capitol Police.
我們是美國國會警察
What is the alleged transgression?
你們認為我犯了什么罪
Perjury before a Senate committee on March 14th of this year.
今年三月十四日在參議員委員會作偽證
To what precise aspect of my testimony is exception being taken?
我的證詞哪一部分受到了質疑
All of it.
全部
Everything okay, boss?
一切還好嗎老板
Smell any skunks out there?
聞到外面有臭鼬嗎
I don't think they walk on sand.
他們不走沙地吧
What river?
那是什么河
Susquehanna.
薩斯奎哈納
Flow into the Chesapeake.
流進切薩皮克
Then where?
然后呢
Out the ocean.
進入大海
'Cross the world.
穿過世界
Anywhere it want.
隨心所欲
Ain't that water lucky?
這河水多幸運啊
Chair's right there.
椅子就在這兒
Where you at?
你在哪
Right here.
在這兒
Well, come closer. I wanna see you.
過來點,讓我看看你
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
What? "The fuck happened to him?"
什么, "他這是怎么了"
Got old.
老了唄
Ah, as old as I'm gonna get, boy.
再老就進棺材了
Don't know about that. Yeah.
這難說, 嗯
When was the last time you was here, Albert?
你多久沒來了,阿爾伯特
My littlest was born.
最小的孩子出生后就沒來過
Oh, seven years?
那有七年了
Nine.
九年了
She the one getting married?
是她要結婚了嗎
You don't marry off no nineyear old.
九歲的哪能結婚啊
I seen it, though, back on Queen Street over in Charleston.
我可見過,在查爾斯頓的皇后街上
They fought the war over that.
他們在那兒打過一仗
That's not why they fought the war.
才不是為了那個打仗的呢
You're too smart to be that dumb.
你這么聰明,說傻話呢
What's your name?
你叫什么
Daughter.
道特
That's your name?
名字叫這個
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Had me a bluetick coon once and didn't call him Hound.
我以前養過條藍斑獵狗我也沒叫他獵狗啊
What you look like? Sir?
你長什么樣, 先生
I can't see my hand in front of my face.
我手放在面前都看不到
You got to tell me.
你得告訴我
I... She a beauty, Oscar.
我, 她是個美人,奧斯卡
I don't doubt it.
我不懷疑
I do not doubt it.
我一點不懷疑
Hey, Weems? You there?
威姆斯,你在嗎
Yes, sir. Well, Ayleese show up yet?
是,先生, 愛麗絲來了嗎
Her day off.
她放假
Hey, uh, Bluetick, you cook?
小獵狗你會做飯嗎
If I have to.
沒辦法才下廚
Well, you best get to it.
那快去吧
The rest of y'all go with her.
你們都跟她去
You want me to stay, Uncle?
要我留下嗎,叔叔
Ah, if I want that, I say that.
那我就會說了
I'll show you where everything is.
我告訴你東西都在哪
Hope there's an apron. Yes, ma'am, we got that.
希望有圍裙, 有的,女士
What you come here for, Albert?
你來這兒干什么,阿爾伯特
What you told me.
照你說的做
Well, I told you a lot.
我說的多了
Don't know what you heard.
都不知道你聽進去沒
Never trust no buckras, no matter what.
無論如何,不能相信白人
Never trust no browns neither.
也別相信黑人
You was right on both counts.
你都說對了
You need to be realistic.
你得現實點
There isn't a house like it within 50 miles.
五十英里之內,再沒這樣的房子了
That's not to its advantage.
這可不是什么好事
And you've needed a buyer who's not inclined to ask too many questions.
而且你需要一名不問太多問題的買家
That's what we have here.
我們現在就是這樣
$37,000 is a substantial sum.
三萬七千不少了
For someone like me. For anyone.
對我這種人來說, 對誰都不少
The Commodore wouldn't think so.
準將可不會這么想
Louis would make the best of a bad situation.
路易會在逆境中盡力而為
I'll have to raise a child on it.
我可得拿這筆錢養孩子呢
Support myself for the rest of my life.
余生也都指著這錢了
Isn't there a new companion? I'm sorry?
你不是有新情人了嗎, 什么
What are his intentions?
他怎么打算的
That's really not your concern.
這可不關你的事
This isn't about love, it's about finances.
這跟愛情無關,是關于錢
I've never known you to be foolish about those.
我知道你這方面一向精明
Well, maybe I've changed. That rarely occurs.
或許我變了, 人很少變
If that's how you feel, Leander, I pity you.
如果你這么認為,利安德,我可憐你
I urge you to take the offer.
我強烈要求你接受那個條件
Mr. Ferry, what if I lose?
費里先生我要是輸了怎么辦
Overall, our case is still very
總體來說,我們的案子還是非常
But what happens?
但是輸了之后會發生什么
Appeal, of course.
上訴,當然了
New concerns regarding the suitability of the Sagorskys,
涉及到撒格斯基的條件是否合適
positive change in circumstance.
還有環境正向改變的新問題
The sale of the house, just for example.
比如說,出售房屋
With enough resources, we can tie it up for years.
有足夠資源的話,我們可以僵持好幾年
And where is Tommy during all that? With you.
這段期間湯米在哪, 由你撫養
With them, a benevolent institution.
由他們撫養,由慈善機構撫養
Those are all possibilities.
都有可能
The Trenton Home for FriendlessChildren?
特倫頓孤兒撫養院嗎
I couldn't say what particular institution
說不準具體是哪一家機構
Do you know what it's like there?
你知道那里什么樣嗎
There's no point Because I do.
這沒有意義, 因為我知道
I do.
我知道
This conversation is about the future.
我們這次談話討論的是未來
Childhood doesn't last.
童年稍縱即逝
Nothing lasts.
一切都稍縱即逝
He won't even remember.
他都不會記得
Years?
好幾年嗎
The way you win things like this:
有如下條件你才會贏
time, money, and persistence.
時間資金還有堅持不懈
Grab on and just don't ever let go.
一旦抓住就不放手
Knowing the opposition's limited ability...
知道對方的能力限度
to incur ongoing costs,
不斷地投入資金
the longer we can draw it out
我們計劃的時間越長
Joe Masseria, Meyer Lansky, Luciano
喬·馬赫里亞,邁耶·蘭斯基,盧西亞諾
Lucky, Charlie
拉吉,查理
and the one in Florida.
還有佛羅里達的那個人
Vincenzo Petrucelli.
文森佐·佩德魯塞利
Nothing to say. I never met him.
沒什么好講的,我沒見過他
Your brother?
你哥哥呢
Put the whole thing in place,
把一切都安排好了
didn't leave him a choice.
沒給他選擇的機會
This dinge they got, the doctor...
這個黑人,這個博士
they're running it through him.
他們通過他做生意
Nucky takes orders from a colored.
努基聽一個黑人的指揮
That's the story you're telling?
你是這個意思嗎
The money, he
金錢
He can't walk away from that.
他受不了金錢的誘惑
Chicago? Not part of this.
芝加哥那邊呢, 沒參與這件事
10,000 a month to Torrio and Capone?
每月給托里奧和卡彭一萬美金
Just paying off a debt.
只是在還債
All right.
好吧
New York, Atlantic City, Tampa.
紐約大西洋城還有坦帕
That'll have to be enough.
這就夠了
Get to work.
去工作吧
He won't bite.
他不會上鉤的
I need them all in a room, Eli,
我要讓他們在一個屋里,伊萊
making plans to operate in collusion across state lines.
跨越州線來計劃共謀
That's what I came for.
是我的目的
You don't know how Nucky thinks.
你猜不透努基的心思
You said he likes the money. That won't stop him.
你說他喜歡錢, 不足以讓他收手
He talks about peace.
他總提到和平
He doesn't mean it. He never has.
他不是真心的,從來都不是
You admire that?
你欣賞那一點
You grow up in our house?
你跟我們一起長大的嗎
Newspapers for blankets,
用報紙當毯子
stolen potatoes for supper.
晚餐偷土豆來吃
Or nothing.
要不就餓肚子
That night or the next.
連續餓兩天
You don't forget.
那種滋味永遠忘不了
You're not starving now.
你現在不餓肚子了
He's my brother. He's not the father of your son.
他是我哥, 他不是你兒子的父親
Kept him out of jail, didn't he?
沒讓他進監獄,不是嗎
I wouldn't bet on that.
這個我說不準
Clayton Davies' trial's coming up.
克萊頓·戴維斯的判決馬上到了
What happens if his attorney finds out about the evidence
如果他的律師發現
somebody was paid to suppress?
被人買通壓下的證據怎么辦
Make the meeting happen, or don't
把這次會議開成,要不然
the consequences are for you to live with.
你自己承擔后果
But just bear this in mind
但是要記住
whatever your excuse,
不管你有什么借口
you and I are down this road together.
你跟我是一條船上的人
Explain that to a man who never forgets.
把這話跟那個忘不了過去的人說說
You smell of whiskey.
你渾身酒氣
What's it to you? Lay off it.
跟你有什么關系, 別喝了
You're no good to me like that.
我不喜歡酒鬼
Crunchy toast?
烤面包
It's raspberry jam.
是木莓果醬面包
That does sound good.
聽起來很不錯
You know me, don't you?
你認識我,對吧
You're Mima.
你是奶奶
But who am I?
但我是誰
Am I your mother?
我是你媽媽嗎
No.
不是
Where is she?
她在哪
She's gone.
她死了
And your father?
你爸爸呢
Where is he?
他在哪
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't either.
我也不知道
Isn't it terrible?
太糟了是吧
Would you come to me? Please?
你過來好嗎,求你了
Don't touch him.
別碰他
You live here. You don't.
你住在這里, 你不是
You wouldn't.
你不會把我怎么樣的
Not in front of him.
至少不會當著他的面
You just need to leave.
你離開就好
Is this how you planned it with her?
這是你和他的計劃嗎
To take everything away that matters?
搶走我珍愛的一切
I didn't plan anything.
我沒計劃任何事
But it happened anyway.
但還是發生了
They're Jimmy's.
是吉米的
Shouldn't he have something
他不應該有點
to remember?
懷念他爸爸的東西嗎
Wouldn't that be right?
不應該這樣嗎
Keep these safe.
留好了
There's a ring on your finger.
你手指上有個戒指
Yes.
是的
And you'll both...
你們倆
take good care of him.
好好照顧他
Okay, then.
到了
Are those men coming to dinner too?
那些人也一起吃飯嗎
They keep an eye on things for Uncle Nucky.
他們是保護努基叔叔的
Lovely day for the beach.
海灘的天氣真不錯
What's wrong?
怎么了
Haul all the way out here.
大老遠地來吃飯
He's making a gesture.
他在示好
Bigger effort for us than for him.
對我們來說更不容易
Honestly, the two of you.
受不了你們兩個
Ahoy, mateys.
你們好啊,伙計們
Permission to come aboard? Permission granted.
請求上船, 批準
You probably need a hand in the kitchen?
廚房還需要幫忙吧
No, everything's been taken care of.
不,一切都準備好了
Who's up for a swim first?
誰想先去游泳
I am! Me! Me first!
我想,我, 我先游
You tend to that roof yet?
屋頂修好了嗎
I'll get around to it.
我會去修的
It don't fix itself. Natural fact.
它自己可不能修好, 這是常識
House goes to you, Winston. You mind that.
房子會歸你的,溫斯頓,你記住了
A lot to look after, I tell you what.
我跟你說,要修的地方可不少
House belonged to my sister Eulalia.
房子是我姐姐尤拉莉亞的
How that? Don't keep nothing in my name,
為什么, 我名下什么都沒有
not a damn thing.
什么都沒有
She my mother.
她是我媽
When did she pass? 12 year now.
她什么時候去世的, 十二年了
And Winston needed raising.
溫斯頓需要有人來撫養
I'd have made a place for you, Oscar, you know that.
我可以給你找個地方,奧斯卡,你知道的
I don't know that.
我不知道
Set you up proper in town.
把你在鎮上安頓好了
I didn't have to. I came here because I meant to.
我不是無處可去,我來這是因為我想來
When you're done, you're done.
你玩兒完了,就玩兒完了
Ain't that right?
是不是
Natural fact.
這是常識
Tell you what.
跟你說
Set me up, with the mess you make.
安頓我,你看看你惹的麻煩
Don't never do no business
沒必要的話不要跟
with no ofay smile you don't have to.
那些白人做生意
He's your friend? Not your friend now.
他是你朋友,現在又不是了
Yeah, don't ever go near no
不要跟那些
biggity dadada from New York.
紐約的自大狂走得太近
A lot of sugar up there.
全是口蜜腹劍
What you know about it?
你知道什么
Just a tangle of vipers. It different now.
就是一幫惡人, 現在不一樣了
It ain't different, Albert. It ain't different.
才沒有不一樣,阿爾伯特,都一樣
You're all lit up and faster,
你們都有活力了,生活節奏變快了
but ain't no different.
但都一個樣
And you forget who you are.
你忘了你自己是誰
You come runnin' down here with some
你跟一個寄生蟲女人
easy rider woman by your side.
跑到這里來
'Cause you don't know which way to turn.
因為你不知道該走哪條路
Ain't that so?
我說的對吧
Huh?
對吧
I come to you for help, Oscar.
我是來找你幫忙的,奧斯卡
Look around you.
瞧瞧你四周
How we gonna help you here?
我們在這里怎么幫你
We all go down the shore.
我們全都要去海邊
And do what?
干什么
Wash them boys away.
給他們洗澡
Ah. Where your sense at?
有什么意義
Don't scare me none.
不用嚇我
'Cause you ain't never done it.
因為你沒做過
Damn. Ayleese!
該死的,愛麗絲
This chicken dry as Grandma's snatch.
這雞肉和老婆婆的陰部一樣干
Ayleese! She ain't here today, Mr. Boneau.
愛麗絲, 她今天不在,本諾先生
Well, who's that standin' over there?
站在那里的是誰
Who are you?
你是誰
The easy rider.
寄生蟲
Easy ah! Bluetick.
寄...藍斑獵狗
Sure hope she worth it, Albert.
阿爾伯特,希望她值得
She sure can't cook worth a damn.
反正她的爛廚藝一毛不值
Damn.
我靠
You're here. Yes. I was gonna call as soon as I
你來了, 我本來想打電話的
I wasn't in.
我不在家
I've been out.
我出去了
Just walking everywhere.
到處走走
Places that I haven't been in years.
看看那些我多年未去過的地方
It's all remarkable.
都很漂亮
Are you all right?
你沒事吧
Of course.
沒事
You're not, uh... No, no.
你沒有... 沒有沒有
'Cause that's something you need to fight,
因為不管有多困難
no matter how strong Roy, it's not that.
你都必須全力抗爭, 羅伊,不是那個
It's...
是
I feel...
我感覺
I'm free.
我自由了
I'm finally free.
我終于自由了
I know it's not convenient out here.
我知道這里不太方便
Not a problem.
沒有問題
Under the circumstances.
在這種情況下
And we still keep everything Looking normal.
我們依然一切, 照舊
Cocksucking Chalky.
該死的朝琪
He made his bed.
他自作自受
The fuck happened in that car?
車里發生了什么事
He's on the lam, facedown in a ditch somewhere.
他逃了,躺在某條臭水溝里
For what? Didn't I warn him?
為什么我沒有警告過他嗎
And now I'm sitting across from... whatever he is.
我還坐在那誰的對面
Doctor or something. He's telling me what I have to do?
博士還是啥, 他在告訴我該做什么
Telling me. Like you're his boy.
告訴我, 就像你是他兒子
There is no goddamn peace.
和平是他媽的無稽之談
We squeaked by last time.
上次我們勉強擺平
You ready for that again?
你準備好再來一次嗎
I just roll over? That's what you suggest?
我剛虎落平陽,這就是你的建議
Hear me out.
聽我說
Let's get everyone to sit down
讓大家坐下來
us, New York, Florida.
我們,紐約佛羅里達
Work out terms. Just a friendly little
共商大計, 就一點...
You said it yourself that night in the Ritz,
那晚在麗茲,是你自己說的
all work together, take the next step.
同心協力,共謀計策
Maybe now's the time.
現在是時候了吧
Get the rules in place, put an end to this.
結束這種狀況,讓一切還原
I'm not in the Ritz anymore.
我不住麗茲了
Don't you want it back?
你不想搶回來嗎
I want it back. All of it.
我想,全部拿回來
Set it up now, Nuck, while there's still a hand to play.
做好準備吧,努基,趁還有人可以用
Who don't you trust?
你不信任誰
Huh? On our side, who don't you trust?
什么, 我們這邊,你不信任誰
Why are you even asking?
你為什么這么問
Because I'm curious.
因為好奇
Bader.
巴德
Bader's nothing.
巴德算個屁
I'll deal with Bader.
我會處理好巴德
Means told me there's a skunk in my cellar.
米恩斯說,我這邊有內鬼
The Justice guy?
那個司法人員
He's a bunco artist, start to finish.
他自始自終都是個騙子
200 grand, he says. Believe that?
他說二十萬,你相信嗎
There you go. But what's he got?
看吧, 他有什么
Pay him and find out, you think it's worth it.
錢給他,查清楚,你覺得值得
The Prohee.
禁酒探員
Knox? You had concerns.
諾克斯你也關心過
Uh... that was just during the whole Eddie thing.
只是因為埃迪出了事
Who knew what was going on?
誰知道出了什么事
What's your take, though?
你的看法是什么
Far as I can see, he likes the money.
據我所知,他喜歡錢
Be your headache one day.
某天他會成為你的麻煩
Mine?
我的麻煩
And you can deal with all of it.
不過你可以處理好
You off somewhere?
你要去哪里
Ma wants to know where you keep the chafing dishes.
媽媽問你把保暖鍋放哪里去了
It's a fraction of what it's worth, but it doesn't matter.
只是關于它的價值,不過沒關系
You said it yourself it's too big.
你自己說的,太大了
It's too big for here.
對這里來說太大了
Those people don't come to town anymore.
那些人都不到城里來了
And it's a substantial sum, after all.
畢竟是一大筆錢
I mean, how much does anybody really need?
大家真的需要多少錢呢
And he'll be better off. He will be.
他會好起來的,他會的
It hurts to say it, but I know it's true.
話糙,但是這是事實
And maybe someday...
也許某一天
I'm nattering.
我瞎扯呢
Not an appealing quality.
這不太招人喜歡
I'm stopping. I'm eating.
我住嘴,我吃東西
Good girl.
好姑娘
Well, you made the right decision. I'm happy for you.
你做出了正確的決定,我為你高興
You don't look happy.
可你看起來并不高興
I don't?
是嗎
That's funny.
有意思
Got what I wanted, finally.
終于得到我想要的東西了
What's that?
什么東西
Merger's going through.
收購的事兒
A&P's gonna buy us out for a pretty staggering price.
A&P會以高昂的價格買下我們的產權
Roy.
羅伊
It had me on edge for
這讓我有點不安
well, more than a little, I can say that now.
其實很不安,我現在可以說
Turns out it was Hewson who was standing in the way.
結果半路殺出個休森
I I don't
我,我不明白
While we had drinks with him and his wife?
我們還和他以及他妻子喝東西
When you and I were married? Yes, from...
當你和我假裝夫妻的時候, 是的...
Indiana. Anyway...
從印第安納來的那位
He was pouring honey in my ear,
他表面上說好聽的
but he was against it from the start.
可是從一開始他就反對
The mucketymucks gave him the boot.
有大人物給他送酒
He didn't go quietly, but after that, smooth sailing.
可他不低調,不過他后來一帆風順
The lawyers signed off yesterday.
律師們昨天簽字了
Big bonus for me.
對我來說是好消息
Why aren't we celebrating?
我們慶祝一番如何
I don't know.
我不知道
I hate when things end.
我不喜歡結束
What's ending?
什么結束
What I came here for.
我來這里的目的
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
Wherever they send me.
他們送我去哪兒我就去哪兒
Have you been lying to me?
你對我撒過謊嗎
About what? Your wife.
關于什么你的妻子
I didn't lie about that.
我沒有撒謊
Then what are you saying?
那你要說什么
You have been through so much,
你經歷了太多
things I can't even imagine.
我甚至都無法想象的事情
You're very brave. I mean that.
你已經非常勇敢了,真的
And right now you look so beautiful.
此時你看起來非常美麗
What an awfully gallant goodbye.
真是個美好的道別
I'm not saying goodbye.
我不是道別
I do have to leave.
我是得離開
I want you to come with me.
但我要你跟我一起走
I want you to marry me.
我要你嫁給我
Really marry me.
真的嫁給我
That's what I want.
這就是我的心愿
What's stopping you from asking?
那你為什么不問我呢
Hell, I thought I just did.
剛剛不是問了嗎
What does he do? I'm not supposed to talk about it.
他做什么呢, 我不應該說的
If you can't tell your family...Should I?
不能告訴你的家人嗎, 我能嗎
I'd say we're all pretty good
我得說我們做事兒
at keeping things close to the vest.
都非常小心謹慎
Not sure about you. I can keep my mouth shut.
你們不能吧, 我會保守秘密的
No, you can't. You just said something.
不,你不能, 你剛剛都說漏嘴了
I didn't know we started. Tell us.
我不知道已經開始了, 告訴我們
Well, he shuts his office door,
他鎖了辦公室的門
walks around with his trousers off.
脫了褲子到處走
The mayor?
市長
Doesn't want to get 'em wrinkled.
不想把褲子弄皺了
Sounds to me like a winning campaign strategy.
我覺得是一個會贏的競選戰略
I don't know. I think Bacharach might beat the pants off him.
不清楚,我覺得巴卡拉克會大獲全勝,會把他贏得褲子也不剩
Pretty good, huh?
很好吧
Next stop: the Steel Pier.
下一站鋼鐵碼(娛樂場所)
"Beat the pants off him."
大獲全勝
He could be in vaudeville.
他可以去說相聲了
"Dr. Kronkheit! Dr. Kronkheit!"
康凱特醫生!康凱特醫生!
"I got rheumatism on the back of my neck."
我的脖子有風濕病
That's him to a T. What's that supposed to mean?
真像, 那是什么意思
Every little sniffle, it's the end of the world.
動一下指頭,就是世界末日
This is not me at all.
這才不是我
That insurance salesman sure had your number.
那個買保險的肯定有你的電話
Played him like a fiddle.
耍的他團團轉
"What happens to your family?
你家出什么事了
Mr. Thompson, I know a fella just like you"
湯普森先生,我認識一個和你一樣的人
Nothing wrong with planning ahead.
凡事早想一步肯定沒錯
Real blueeyed baby face, you know?
真正的藍眼娃娃臉
Choirboy type.
唱詩班少年那樣
Wouldn't think all he wants to do is sell you the most expensive
沒想到他只想把最貴的賣給你
June, just shut your goddamn trap for once.
瓊,你能不能給我閉嘴
Okay? Just shut it.
行嗎,閉嘴
Enough with the teasing. That's all.
別調侃了,就這樣
Got me a "Rounddayvoos" In "Balmer."
給我在巴爾默來次約會
Get away from me, boy.
別碰我
Don't let me keep you.
別讓我找你麻煩
Ain't for another hour. Get your hands off me.
又一個小時,把手拿開
Then play like you playing. Stop.
然后繼續玩你的, 住手
Can't get settled.
就是不舒服
He doin' all right in there?
他怎么樣
He get real tired around now,
他累壞了
but he don't like to lay down.
但是不想躺下
Fussin'.
發發牢騷
Old man and a baby. What's that?
老小孩一樣, 什么
Different and the same.
老人和小孩一樣
Baby got their whole life in front of 'em.
小孩還有一輩子要走
Plus he ain't got to pay to suck on no tittie.
而且不會花錢就能啃奶子
Keep your problems to yourself.
這話別說出來
You gonna make a move?
你想打架嗎
You win. I'll see you browns later.
你贏了,回頭見
Ain't driving down to fetch you this time you get all lushed.
你這次再喝大了我也不去開車接你
Gonna play?
要玩嗎
Call it.
猜吧
Heads.
人頭
You're black.
你是黑方
All right now.
好吧
So you the biggety man?
你是大人物
How that? Uncle say.
怎么講, 叔叔說的
I do my business. Tell me all about you.
我有自己的生意, 給我講講你的事
That so?
是嗎
Like you blood.
比如你怎么傷的
Well...
那么
we go back.
我們得回去
I ain't afraid or nothin'.
我什么都不怕
Your move.
到你了
Why don't you play a while?
你來玩一會
Doesn't like my cooking.
不喜歡我做的菜
From a different time, that all.
口味不一樣而已
Is he, though?
是嗎
What are we doing?
我們在做什么
Waiting. For what?
等待, 等什么
You got a family, a girl getting married.
你有家,有個待嫁的女兒
What that matter to me now?
現在這些對我來說還有什么意義
You only think you quit.
你只想著退出
Don't I know what I feel?
我難道不知道自己的想法嗎
You want those men dead.
你想那些人死
The one who's your enemy and the one you called a friend...
你的敵人,和被你看成是朋友的那個人
don't you?
不是嗎
You wasn't nothing but a baby in that Storyville crib.
你不過是個睡在搖籃里的寶貝
No. Who the man that save you?
不是, 是誰救了你
I told you. The doctor.
我告訴過你是醫生
And who the man steal your mama life away?
那又是誰害死你母親的
I didn't know my name.
我不知道我的名字
He called me Daughter, and that's who I am.
他叫我道特,我就是道特
Let's leave.
我們走吧
Right now.
現在就走
Let's run and never look back.
我們離開這里,再也不回來
All you gotta do is say it.
你只要答應就可以
Uncle looking for you.
叔叔找你
He real restless.
他很不安心
Do you get to choose where? Well, where would you like?
你能選擇去哪嗎, 你喜歡哪
Whatever is farthest from here.
離這越遠越好
Japan. Closer, please.
日本, 稍微近點的
Uh, California.
加利福尼亞
What's our house gonna look like?
我們的房子會是什么樣的
It'll be smaller than the one you have now.
比你現在的小點
No, but not too small. No, I'll make sure it suits you.
不,但是不要太小, 我會保證讓你住著舒服的
I'll have my own money, you know.
我自己也有錢
You're gonna hold on to that for when you need it.
你就自己留著需要的時候用吧
You want me depending on you.
你想讓我依靠你
I want you to feel as free as you do right now.
我想讓你感覺和現在一樣自由
We should go.
我們該走了
I'll pull up. It'll be easier to get in.
我把車開出來,方便你上車
The key's hiding somewhere.
鑰匙不見了
Here.
在這
Phillips.
菲利普斯
Roy. Yeah.
羅伊, 在
Phillips.
菲利普斯
Hewson.
休森
What brings you here? Celebrating?
你來干什么, 慶祝
Just having dinner.
剛吃完晚餐
You and your whore there. Hey, that's over the line.
你和你的婊子一起, 這話太過分了
I'm over the line?
我過分
I lost my job because of you,
我因為你失去了工作
you backstabbing prick.
你這個背后下刀的混蛋
After 15 years.
都十五年了
Roy, don't. What do I have now?
羅伊,別這樣, 我現在還有什么
I'll show you how it feels to have your life ruined.
我這就讓你感受下生活被毀掉的感覺
You back off. Roy, no.
你給我退后, 羅伊,別
Roy. I'll show you how it feels to lose everything
羅伊, 我要讓你知道失去一切的
I thought he would
我以為他會
I thought he had a...
我以為他有
Roy, we need to go.
羅伊,我們該走了
We need to go. I should hang on to that.
我們該走了, 我不該開槍的
You need to drive. Go. Hurry.
去開車趕緊,快去
Get in.
上車
Hurry.
快點
You're caught.
你被抓住了
Don't worry, we'll both go down together.
別擔心,我們會一起受罰
What do you think that was about?
你覺得剛才是怎么回事
I wouldn't take it too seriously.
我不會太當回事
It's always been pretty easy to get your father's goat.
你父親脾氣就是比較沖
Really?
真的嗎
Just mention Mary Anne Nolan to him.
你跟他提瑪麗·安·諾蘭試試
Who's she? Eighth grade crush.
那是誰, 八年級的時候愛上的姑娘
He wrote her a poem.
他給她寫了首詩
Happy day when I found it.
我看到的時候真是樂壞了
Can't blame him for worrying, though.
不能怪他擔心
You have to think about what's gonna happen after you're gone.
你得想想你離開之后會是怎樣
For the sake of all of you.
為了你們全家好
That insurance fella, though
那個賣保險的
sounds like a real sharpie.
聽上去很像個騙子
I didn't hear very much of it.
我沒怎么聽全
You met him? Just for a minute.
你見過他, 打了個照面
Like your mother said?
和你母親說的一樣
What? Baby face?
什么, 娃娃臉
Yeah, I guess.
算是吧
Ever see him before?
以前見過他嗎
No.
沒有
You're sure now?
你確定
Whatever you tell me, Will, it's just between us.
你和我說的話,威爾,跟誰也別提
That's what we agreed to.
這個我們之前就說過了
Uncle Nucky, I...
努基伯父,我
Shit.
該死
I don't notice anything.
我什么也沒看到
Just taking in the breeze.
只是在感受海風
The girls and I put everything away.
姑娘們和我把一切都收拾好了
You didn't have to do that.
你不用這么做
I feel better knowing the place is tidy.
看著干凈了我心理舒服
I can't hardly sleep.
我睡不著
All this, uh, extra time,
這些多余的時間
you know, when you get old, you ain't got nothing to do with it.
老了之后無事可做的時間
You said done was done.
你說了,該做的都做了
Yeah, but it don't mean I have to like it.
是啊,可是這不意味著我得喜歡這樣
Got the boys runnin' some action.
給孩子們一些活干
You know, a little moonshining, some numbers
釀點私酒,搞搞賭局
eh, but it don't amount to much.
但是沒多少錢
Where your money go?
你的錢去哪了
I didn't make half as much as you think.
我本來掙的就不多
I took in what the Commodore let me take in.
準將給我什么我就接什么
I had no choice.
沒多少選擇
He gone now, three year back.
他死了三年了
Man, I don't miss him. I do not miss him.
我可不想念他,一點也不想
But you did your business with the Thompson boy, though.
但是你在和那個叫湯普森的做生意
Help him plenty. Mmhmm.
幫了他不少忙, 是啊
Now how did that buckra pay you back?
他怎么回報你的
What I do now, Oscar?
我現在該做什么奧斯卡
You stay here, you build something up.
你待在這,干出一番事業
That's for your nephew.
這是你侄子的地方
Winston ain't never gonna amount to nothing.
溫斯頓沒什么大出息
You stay here, and cut that woman loose
你待在這,趁那個女人沒給你惹上麻煩之前
'fore she do you in proper.
把她趕走
She ain't to blame for this.
她和這事沒關系
And if she ain't, then you are.
如果不是她,那就是你
Well, damn, you do what you want.
算了,你想怎樣就怎么樣
It all winds up the same anyway.
最后結果都是一樣的
What that mean?
這話什么意思
The day come, everybody gonna run out of road.
等到那一天到來的時候,大家都會四散而逃
Any parting words? Like what?
有什么要說的嗎, 什么
We... We thank you, sir,
我們我們很感謝您
for having us. Long overdue.
邀請我們, 應該的
Anyway, your mother wound up doing everything.
你媽媽做什么事都快手快腳的
All right, you're free.
好了,你可以走了
He's drinking again.
他又開始喝酒了
I wish he wouldn't.
我希望他沒有
Puts him in a mood.
脾氣又大了
Willie quitting school.
威利還退學了
Would you like me to talk to him?
想讓我和他談談嗎
No. It'll all be fine.
不用了,一切都會好的
Thank you for a day off.
謝謝你讓我放松了一天
Eli.
伊萊
Eli.
伊萊
What's up?
什么事
"Tell me what you want to hear
告訴我你想聽什么
I'll whisper softly in your ear
我會輕輕告訴你
All the things I'll pledge to do
我愿意做一切事情
To prove to you my heart is true."
證明我對你的真情
Ah, come on.
別這樣
Bringing that up for?
提這個干什么
To see how you react.
看看你的反應
I was 13.
我當時十三歲
She was cute.
她長的又很可愛
Maybe I was jealous.
也許我是嫉妒
You were?
是嗎
I didn't win the beach patrol cup.
我沒能贏下海灘巡邏杯
You were good at other things.
你在其它方面有擅長
What you suggested the meeting.
你建議的,那個會議
I thought it over.
我想過了
You put it together, soon as you can.
你來組織,越快越好
Yeah.
好
I think it's the best way out of this.
我覺得這是解決問題的最好方案
I'm awake.
我醒了
It feels so funny.
感覺很有意思
How that?
為什么
Like...
就好像
a cloud...
一片云
that's looking for the sky.
在尋找天空
Tomorrow, we do what you say.
明天我們按你說的做
First light.
天亮就走
What?
什么
We go.
我們離開
Don't turn back.
再不回來
I thought I heard a car,
我以為我聽到車聲了
but there's nothing out there.
但是外面什么都沒有
No one saw us, I'm sure of that.
沒人看到我們,我保證
You haven't touched your drink.
你都沒碰你的酒
What? Go ahead.
什么, 喝吧
You need it.
你需要這個
What did I do?
我做了什么
What did I do? He was going to kill us.
我做了什么, 他要殺了我們
I don't know that. Why else was he waiting there?
我并不確定, 那他等在那里干什么
I don't know what he was gonna do.
我不知道他要干什么
There wasn't a gun.
他沒有槍
I killed a man. I took his life.
我殺了人,殺了人
How do you do this?
我該怎么做
Do what?
做什么
Do I call the police and wait here
我是該打電話給警察然后等在這里
You're not calling the police.
你不能報警
He's lying on the pavement You can't call the police.
他就躺在停車場, 你不能報警
You can't go away.
不能逃跑
You hear me? It's too late.
你聽到了嗎, 太遲了
I have to, I'm sorry.
我必須這么做抱歉
Roy.
羅伊
No one was there.
沒人看到
No one knows.
沒人知道
You can just...
你只能
let it go.
把這事忘了
What? Just let it go.
什么, 忘了這事
Get away... with it.
忘了它
No one saw you.
沒人看到你
I saw me.
我看到了
God saw me. You can live with
it. 上帝看到我了, 你能承受這一切
You can't know that. Yes, I can.
你不了解, 我了解
I don't understand.
我不明白
There was no one for me.
當時沒人支持我
No one coming to save me.
沒人來救我
There were things I had to do
為了生存
to survive.
我必須做一些事情
What are you saying?
你在說什么
I...
我
It wasn't my son who died here.
死在這里的不是我兒子
It was a boy.
是個男孩
An innocent boy.
無辜的男孩
I...
我
...drowned him.
淹死了他
I made up a story.
我編了個故事
Turned his body to ash.
把他的尸體燒了
You and I are here
你和我在這里
together.
我們在一起
That's all that matters.
這才是最重要的
Don't leave me.
別離開我
Who was he?
他是誰
His name...
他的名字
was Roger.
叫羅杰
You can make yourself live with anything.
你什么都能承受的了
You get that?
聽到了嗎
I did.
聽到了
David? Loud and clear.
大衛, 非常清楚
Gillian. Roy?
吉莉安, 羅伊
I need you to listen carefully.
你給我聽清楚了
I'm with the Pinkerton Detective Agency.
我是平克頓私人偵探所的
These men are my associates
這些人是我的助手
and a witness your confession to firstdegree murder.
也是你供認一級謀殺罪的證人
But we're going to California. As they will duly testify
但是我們說好要去加利福尼亞的, 他們會在
in a court of law. We're going to California.
法庭出庭作證, 我們要去加利福尼亞的
We are not.
不
I was hired to do a job.
我是被雇傭來完成工作的
And now that job's done.
現在,工作完成了
I owed Louis something.
我欠路易一些東西
I'm sure you can understand that.
我想你能明白
You really are a courageous woman.
你真的是一個很有勇氣的女人
No, you don't!
不,你不是
I got her arm. Get her other arm.
我抓住她手了,抓住她另一只手
Don't go no further.
別再走了
It's me, Albert.
是我,阿爾伯特
What you doing out here?
你在這里干什么
Can't sleep.
睡不著
Why you got the shotgun?
拿著獵槍干什么
Your Bluetick gone.
你的藍斑獵狗走了
What?
什么
She gone.
她走了
How you know that?
你怎么知道
I know every sound this house make...
我能聽到這屋子里的一切聲音
including the leaving kind.
包括離開的聲響
You ain't stop her.
你沒阻止她
Why would I?
我為什么要阻止她
Stay, Emmett.
別動,艾米特
Don't want you underfoot.
不想猜到你
What you doing?
你在干什么
Oscar.
奧斯卡
Weems ain't go to no Baltimore.
威姆斯才沒去巴爾的摩
Oscar.
奧斯卡
Don't walk off in the dark.
別在晚上走遠了
What you want?
你想要什么
This ain't your place.
這不是你的地方
Why you here?
你來這干什么
You best announce it.
你最好誰清楚
The girl!
姑娘
Ain't no girl here.
這里沒姑娘
Then we take the other one.
那就要另外一個
You might try it.
你大可以試試看
Fuck! Go around!
該死, 繞過去
Get him now!
抓住他
Get down! Get down!
趴下,趴下
Don't go and act foolish now.
別犯傻
Come on!
快點
Your nappy head on the doctor's desk!
把你的頭帶給博士
Look out! Oh, jeez!
小心, 天吶
Run now!
快跑
Motherfucker!
混蛋
I told him how I was.
我告訴他我怎么樣了
Told him.
告訴他了
I thought we said these calls were gonna be earlier.
我記得我告訴過你電話要早打
Lost track of time.
忘記看時間了
Doin' what?
忙什么呢
Thinking.
想事情
The later it gets, the worse that is.
想的越晚越麻煩
Well, what's on your mind?
在想什么
It's not a conversation unless you say something.
你不說話咱倆聊不下去啊
I want out.
我想金盆洗手