日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 影視英語 > 美劇學習 > 大西洋帝國 > 大西洋帝國第三季 > 正文

大西洋帝國第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:努基在紐約城

來源:可可英語 編輯:sophie ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼可進行跟讀訓練
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機

To the left we have our brandnew

左手邊是剛落成的
Enoch and Margaret Thompson Pediatric Annex.
伊諾克與瑪格麗特·湯普森兒科區
Please. Oh!
求求你
Her baby's death, it could easily have been prevented.
她的孩子本來不會死
Starting soon, I will be accepting cash directly.
很快我就會直接收現金
I have a middleman. He'll be in touch.
我有個中間人,他會來找你
We got company.
有客人
You don't tell me when the boss comes around?
老板來了你都不提前通報
You and me, we had our little fracas.
你和我,我們過去曾經有過節
Got off on the wombly foot is all.
起步就走錯了方向
But we copacetic now. Sweet as Cracker Jack.
我們現在好了,好的不得了
Everything you do is because I paid for it.
你能這么做是因為我付錢了
Don't pretend you don't enjoy playing the benefactor.
你不是喜歡當善人嗎
You made me a benefactor by giving that land away.
你不把那塊地讓出去,我也不用當善人
I'm Lillian Kent, but you can call me Billie.
我是莉蓮·肯特,你可以叫我貝莉
Already New Year's back home.
已經要過新年了
Give my best to Katy.
替我問候凱蒂
I want to welcome Samuel to our table.
首先歡迎薩穆埃爾和我們共進晚餐
Thank you, Mrs. White and Mr. White.
非常感謝,懷特夫人和懷特先生
Effective immediately, I'll be exporting exclusively to Mr. Rothstein.
即刻生效,我的酒獨家供應給羅斯坦先生
This is a business decision, Mr. Rosetti.
羅塞蒂先生,這是經營策略
I need 500 cases of rum.
我需要五百箱朗姆酒
You're making my decision very easy.
你讓我更加堅定了我的決心
You'll plead guilty. You'll do two years at the most.
你認罪,至多判你兩年
How, big chief. Which way to the Little Big Horn?
老大哥,小巨角怎么走
He sends you?
他派你來接我
Sharp as ever. No luggage, right?
還是那么犀利,沒行李么
Very rustic here.
這里真是簡樸啊
They ever let you out?
他們給你放風時間么
Fresh air?
呼吸新鮮空氣
Okay, long ride. Don't want to cover everything at once.
好吧,路還長著,我們慢慢說
I can't drive if we hold hands.
你拉著我的手,我開不了車
Let me ask you something, Mickey.
我問你個事,米奇
How the fuck are you still alive?
你他媽的怎么還沒死
'Cause I'm valuable.
因為我有用
I bring people together. They appreciate that.
我讓大家凝聚在一起,大家都感激我
You're a backstabbing shit.
你個暗箭傷人的混蛋
No wonder we get along.
所以我們合得來
Look, Eli, things have changed.
伊萊,世道不同了
Nucky hard man to get to these days.
努基,見他有點麻煩
Can't just walk in and put your feet up.
沒辦法想見就見
A lot of hoops.
要走很多程序
And the Munya thing that did not help.
曼尼亞那事兒,讓事態加劇了
What thing? Oh, just someone shot his face off.
什么事,他被爆頭了
But who? Why?
是誰干的,什么動機
Big question mark.
疑問重重啊
So nobody just walks in.
所以他不是隨便什么人都會見
But he told me, "Go fetch my brother. Get him set up."
但是他說, "去接我的兄弟,安頓好"
What the fuck are you babbling about?
你在嘰嘰喳喳什么啊
You...
work for me.
為我工作
Doing what?
做什么
Well, that's my decision, ain't it?
那得我說了算,對吧
Eli.
伊萊
Come on, now. Don't be a jaboney.
別這樣,別裝我的保鏢
What are you gonna do?
你要做什么
There's no one else coming for you.
沒其他人會來接你
Got you some joe.
您的咖啡
Hot enough? 'Cause I no?
還熱么,我...不熱么
Okay, fine.
好的
So what are we doing, boss?
老板,我們要做什么
Another night?
再待一晚
Back to New York?
還是回紐約
I mean, I'm just asking.
我只是問問
They got nice little pastries in there, too.
他們還準備了可口的點心
Can't get too much of a head start, can you?
趁早做準備總是好的,對吧
Help you, sir?
有什么能效勞的么,先生
We're here, right?
我們在這里,對吧
Tabor Heights.
塔博爾高地
Atlantic City is here. Mmhmm.
大西洋城在這里,恩
New York is here.
紐約在這里
And this...
這是...
That's the ocean.
那是大海
And one inch equals 10 miles.
一英寸相當于十英里
The scale.
比例
How's that?
什么
The scale of the map.
地圖比例
That's what it's called?
這個叫地圖比例嗎
Usually.
一般是這么說
Sometimes it's not called that?
那有時不叫比例嗎
No, pretty much always the scale.
不,基本都叫地圖比例
A lot of traffic.
好多車
Yeah, the truck route to New York.
通往紐約的貨車道
It's almost seven inches.
快七英寸了
Huh?
什么
Oh, right.
Good business?
生意不錯啊
Till they finish that new highway,
他們完成那條新高速路之前
we're the last gas till Staten Island.
我們是新澤西最后一個加油站
What's he got in there?
里面是什么
The truck? Yeah.
卡車里,對
I fish?
我猜,魚
Says fish.
寫的是魚
Could be something else. That come off the ocean, right?
也可能是其他的,海邊來的對吧
I wouldn't have a clue about that.
我不知道
Who would?
誰知道
Sorry?
什么
Who would have a clue?
誰會知道
The sheriff, maybe? He keeps an eye on things.
也許警長知道,這里由他監管
Sheriff.
警長
He's what, on a horse or something?
他是... 騎馬的還是...
No, he's got a Chevrolet.
不,他有一輛雪佛蘭汽車
I'm supposed to pump gas.
我要去加汽油了
Hey. Sir?
嘿,先生怎么了
What's a decent place for chow around here?
這里有什么高檔的餐館
Blood pouring out of her.
她流了好多血
Really? And she staring right at me, close as you are now.
是嗎,她盯著我,像你這么近
I didn't know what to do.
我不知道該怎么辦
What could you do?
你能做什么
At least she was in the hospital.
至少她已經在醫院里了
Yes. If that has to happen.
是的,事已成定局
Did she try and take care of it herself?
她好好照顧自己了嗎
I mean, you hear about It wasn't that.
你聽說... 不是那樣的
It was an infection from raw milk.
是喝生奶造成的感染
My God. She didn't know.
我的天啊,她不知道
She didn't know the first thing about it.
她不知道產前基本的護理知識
It's pasteurized.
這牛奶是消過毒的
The Irish fellow, ma'am.
夫人,那個愛爾蘭人來了
Visitors are announced by name, Philip.
菲利普,要說客人的名字
He's not really visiting, is he?
他不是來做客的,不是么
Come in, Mr. Sleater.
請進,斯雷特先生
Thanks. Ladies.
謝謝,女士們好
You know Miss Predock.
你認識普雷多克女士吧
You were at the New Year's do.
新年晚會上見過
You don't remember me. Mr. Sleater's quite observant.
你不會記得我的,斯雷特先生的觀察力很敏銳
And Mrs. Thompson aims to keep me on my toes.
湯普森夫人是想讓我保持警惕
I'm going to freshen up.
我去梳洗一下
And whenever you're ready, we'll... Thank you.
你們談完了我們再說,謝謝
If there was a household account at the bank,
如果在銀行開個賬戶
you'd be spared the trip.
你就不用跑了
This is how he wants to manage it.
這是他管理的方式
Will you be speaking with him today?
今天你能和他說上話嗎
I can get him word.
我可以傳話
He has the St. Gregory award from the diocese
教會為了感謝我們的資助
for our generosity.
要授予他圣格里高利獎
The bishop presents it.
主教親自頒獎
Quite the honor.
榮譽之至
Can't very well be turned down
不太好拒絕
and it's awkward if he doesn't attend.
他不去的話,不太體面
I can make some excuse, but they need an answer, so...
我可以借口推掉,但是他們需要一個答復
I'll see he's told.
我一定把話帶到
Good girl.
好樣的
Emily's thriving? Well.
艾米麗還好嗎,還好
Never as bad as the worst.
總比最壞的情況好
So your mom said that, too.
你媽媽說過同樣的話
And yourself?
你怎么樣呢
Plenty to keep me occupied.
有事情做
You're planning for the spring?
春天有什么計劃嗎
The hospital grounds.
醫院的場地
I have business there, actually.
我在那邊還有事
I can give you a lift if you'd like.
需要我載你一程么
Cornelia's driving me.
科妮莉亞會送我去
All taken care of, then.
注意安全
Let me go.
放開我
Let me go. It's leaking.
放開我,漏水了
I don't care. Stop it.
我不管,別鬧了
Stop it! I'm ticklish! Stay here.
住手,我怕癢,別走
Stop! I'm not doing anything.
住手,我什么也沒做
It's gonna overflow. I don't care.
會溢出來的,不用管
What are you do? Stop.
你干什么啊,住手
Fine, fine.
好吧好吧
Don't move.
別動
You look like a White Rock Girl.
這樣很像"白石頭上的女孩"
That's sweet. Now make yourself useful and fetch a dish towel.
嘴真甜,快點拿條洗碗巾過來
You're gonna take this and you're gonna pour it down the tub.
端走,倒進浴盆里
Yes, ma'am. Okay.
遵命女士,真乖
You got it?
端穩了
Hello?
Oh, it's you.
是你啊
No, I can't right now.
不,現在不行
Because I'm pickling some peppers, silly.
因為我在做泡椒,小傻瓜
Yeah, I bet you would.
我肯定你會的
Think she ever gets laid?
你覺得她和男人上過床嗎
Who?
The White Rock Girl.
白石頭上的女孩
I'm sure she has her admirers.
肯定有愛慕者
Yeah, but think about it.
可是想想的話
Those little wings would get crushed in a second.
她的小翅膀很容易被壓碎的
Unless...
除非
She likes to be on top.
她喜歡女上式
Maybe she uses them to hover.
也許她只是用男人的手
It'd be like screwing a hummingbird.
她太小了,操她和操蜂鳥似的
Screwing a hummingbird.
操蜂鳥
*She flits, she flies She twirls in the air
她在空中振翅飛翔,隨風旋轉*
*My little hummingbird
我的小蜂鳥*
*She's my joy, my laughter
她是我的開心果*
*My love and my luck
我的至愛,我的幸運女神*
*But, Jesus Christ, she's too small to fuck.
可惜,她太小,不能操*
Hey, you know,
那個
maybe I could have one of the boys work that number out for me.
我可以讓人幫我制作這首歌
Not so blue, obviously.
也不是很色情
Billie Kent,
貝莉·肯特
The Little Hummingbird.
"小蜂鳥"
And the gag is,
其中可以插個笑話
every time a goodlooking fella gets close to me...
一有男人接近我...
What's got into you?
你在想什么呢
You're not getting gloomy, are you, Gus?
你為啥悶悶不樂的,古斯
Hey, didn't we just have some fun?
我們剛剛不是很開心么
I have to meet a man at the Hotel Astor.
我要去艾斯托酒店見一個人
Very mysterious.
搞得好神秘啊
I'll see you later?
待會兒你還回來么
Why else am I in New York? Such a good liar.
我來紐約不就是為你嗎,嘴甜的小騙子
And I'm going to call your landlord.
我還要打電話給你的房東
Don't. You have a flood in here.
別打了,你這兒漏水了
I just hate to bother Mr. Rothstein.
我不想麻煩羅斯坦先生
Whereas I love to bother Mr. Rothstein.
但是我就喜歡麻煩羅斯坦先生
Well, then,
好吧好吧
might as well tell him the whole place could use a coat of paint.
順便讓他把房間重新漆一遍,可好
I don't want to interrupt your work, sir.
我不想打擾你,先生
What time we open up, Mr. Purnsley?
我們什么時候開門,珀斯利先生
Club don't serve a whiskey before 10:00 PM.
晚上十點前俱樂部不賣威士忌
Maybe you come back around then.
不如你到時候再來
Got that professor up from Kansas City.
從堪薩斯城請的專家
He beat that old girl something fierce.
他比之前那個姑娘強多了
How you doing in school, Master Samuel?
薩穆埃爾少爺,學業如何
I'm working hard.
我很用功
Graduate in two and a half years.
再有兩年半就畢業
Be a doctor.
當醫生
Bet your parents must be proud.
你父母一定很驕傲
They own that boardinghouse over on Mediterranean
在地中海邊上經營公寓
with the nice rooms for respectable folk.
房子高級,住的都是達官貴人
They have always held you in high regard.
他們對您都非常尊敬
What you come to say, son?
你來有什么話說
I think Maybelle is a wonderful, young woman, sir.
先生,我認為梅貝爾是個有魅力的年輕女士
Thank her mama for that.
這得多謝她媽媽
My feelings for her are deep and sincere.
我對她的感情是深刻而真摯的
I intend to make a place for myself in this world.
我有志干出自己的一番事業
I would like Maybelle by my side as I do.
希望能有梅貝爾陪在我身邊
You talk to Maybelle about this?
這事你跟梅貝爾談過嗎
I thought it most proper for me to speak to you first.
我認為先跟您談比較合適
A doctor, huh?
醫生是吧
How 'bout you doctor me?
不如你先來給我看看
Is something bothering you?
您哪里不舒服嗎
I don't know.
說不好
I ain't no doctor, am I?
我又不是醫生對吧
I didn't bring any of my instruments.
我的器械都沒帶
But if you'll allow me...
但是如果您允許
I find it easier to measure the pulse here.
這里測脈搏比較容易
Breathe.
呼吸
Open your mouth for me, please.
請張開嘴
May I have your hands, sir?
先生,可以讓我看看你的手嗎
You have a mineral deficiency.
您有礦物質缺乏癥
These white spots on the nails.
指甲上的這些白點
Is it bad?
嚴重嗎
You might eat more leafy vegetables.
您最好多吃些綠葉蔬菜
Go in the back and tell Augusta to fix up a big plate of greens.
去后面告訴奧古斯塔做一大盤綠葉蔬菜
Am I suitable, Mr. White?
我合格嗎,懷特先生
Welcome to the family, son.
歡迎你進門,小子
Mrs. Shearer?
席勒夫人
I'm sure you don't remember me.
您一定不記得我
I'm Margaret Thompson.
我是瑪格麗特·湯普森
I was visiting here when you...
您...您出事的時候
had your difficulty.
我正在這里做客
I lost a little one.
我失去了寶寶
Yes, I'm sorry.
是的,非常遺憾
How are you feeling now?
您現在覺得怎么樣
Well, I can't be lazing about in bed days on end.
我總不能整天賴在床上不做事
You lost quite a lot of blood.
您流了很多血
You're a nurse?
你是護士嗎
I'm with a group that's trying to find better ways
我的團體致力于改善
for the hospital to look after our patients.
醫院照料病人的方式
I don't have complaints. All the sisters were nice mostly.
我沒什么可抱怨的,這里的修女都很友善
And Dr. Cheever?
奇弗醫生呢
Did he offer any advice
他有沒有叮囑你
about how to tend to yourself in future?
以后如何照顧自己
I don't need him telling me, not after bringing nine into this world.
我生了九個孩子,不需要他來教我
Five that lived.
活著的有五個
I have two of my own, a son and daughter.
我也有兩個孩子,一兒一女
Mr. Shearer was set on another boy
席勒一心想再要個男孩
after three girls in a row.
生三個女兒了
What does your husband do?
您丈夫是做什么的
We'll pay the bill, ma'am. I promise you that.
我們會付醫藥費的,夫人,我保證
That's not why I asked.
我不是要問這個
Then why do you need to know?
那你為什么要知道
I'm simply trying to get a sense of what your life is like.
我只是想了解一下您的生活狀態
Well, no disrespect,
沒別的意思
but I don't see that being any business of yours.
不過我看這完全不關你的事
Hello?
有人嗎
Hello?
人呢
In the bowl.
放魚缸里
Just put the money in the bowl.
把錢放在魚缸里
I'm not doing that.
那可不行
I'd appreciate it if you did.
那樣我會很感激的
$40,000 and I don't know who I'm giving it to?
四萬美元,能不見人就給出去嗎
It's the entire essence of the system.
正是這種交付方式的核心
I'm leaving.
我走了
Forgive my informal appearance.
請原諒我的非正式著裝
It is unconscionably warm in here.
這里實在熱得過分
You are?
你是
My general preference is to remain anonymous.
我通常不愿意透露姓名
But... Gaston Bullock Means.
加斯頓·布洛克·米恩斯
Special Investigator, United States Department of Justice.
美國司法部特別調查員
Where is Jess Smith?
杰西·史密斯在哪里
Jess Smith is conspicuously absent.
杰西·史密斯顯然不在
How is that an answer?
這算什么答復
The client enters.
有委托人來
The payment is placed in the bowl.
報酬放在魚缸里
The client leaves. Who has seen whom?
委托人一走,誰也沒見過誰
No one has seen anybody.
大家互不碰面
And the Republic survives another day.
合眾國才好延續
This is your idea?
是你的主意嗎
It has the twin virtues of simplicity and mystery.
既簡單又神秘
It strikes me as idiotic.
我看是白癡至極
Well, that is your prerogative.
那可是您的特權
Mr. Thompson, did you not make prior arrangements
湯普森先生,您難道不是事先與
with Messrs. Smith and Daugherty in regards
史密斯夫人和達赫提安排過
to certain services and protections?
某種服務和保護
And were you not given exact instructions
您難道沒有接到過明確的指示
as to where and when this transaction would take place?
告知款項交付如何進行
I was.
接到了
And are we not now both
難道我們不是同樣
growing older on a brisk winter's day
在這寒風凜冽的冬日
in the great port of New York,
在大紐約港
eager to see where fate leads us next?
急切地期待命運來臨
What is going on with Smith and Daugherty?
史密斯和達赫提是怎么回事
My understanding is that they are no more than close friends,
我的理解是,他們不過是密友
base rumors to the contrary.
盡管傳言截然相反
That's not what I meant.
我不是這個意思
I know what you meant.
我懂您的意思
But that would be another conversation in a different room.
不過那將會是另一處的另一場對話
What would that cost?
那又要多少錢
How would you judge a man you could buy
一個見面五分鐘就可以收買的人
within five minutes of meeting him?
您怎么評價
I wouldn't trust him for a second.
我一秒鐘都不會信他
Well, then, we are face to face
如此我們就達成了
with paradox.
帶著矛盾的共識
Consider me an admirer, Mr. Thompson.
我崇拜您,湯普森先生
Ordinary men avoid trouble.
常人會躲著麻煩走
Extraordinary men turn it to their advantage.
精英會將麻煩轉化為優勢
You and I have that in common.
這一點上我們是一致的
Hello?
有人嗎
Hello?
有人嗎
Would you do me the favor
能不能幫我個忙
of waiting till Mr. Remus leaves
等雷穆斯先生離開之后
and then exit by that door?
從那扇門出去
Thank you.
謝謝您
Oh, and regards to Mr. Rothstein. I believe you're seeing him later.
代我問候羅斯坦先生,相信您一會就會去見他
Come in.
請進
Am I interrupting?
打擾您了嗎
Why would I say "Come in" If you were?
那我還說什么"請進"
You tried to tell me something the other day.
那天您想告訴我一些事
I'm afraid I wasn't very receptive.
恐怕我當時不夠禮貌
And?
然后呢
And it's been bothering me.
這件事一直困擾著我
I've looked in on Mrs. Shearer.
我去看望了席勒夫人
The E. ColI case.
大腸桿菌病例
Yes, the E. ColI case.
是的,大腸桿菌病例
What's your impression?
您的印象是
She's rather a difficult person, frankly.
坦白地說,她是個很難相處的人
Perhaps she's wary of wellmeaning strangers.
或許她是對懷有好意的陌生人有所警惕
Have I done something to offend you?
我冒犯過您嗎
Why do you ask?
為何發問
You just might find it useful to be a bit warmer.
您態度溫和些會有用得多
Because you're on the board?
因為您是董事會成員嗎
I meant with people in general.
我指通常待人
How do you know how I am with people in general?
您怎么知道我通常待人態度如何
Let's say I'm forming an impression.
您給我這種印象
Perhaps your perception regarding my supposed brusqueness
或許您對于我的所謂粗魯態度的片面見解
comes out of a sense of frustration.
是由于受挫
Whose? Mine?
誰受挫,我嗎
I'm frustrated? Are you?
我受挫,不是嗎
You have a maddening way.
您令人難以忍受
Perhaps it has something to do
或許這跟我們
with the care we offer women like Mrs. Shearer.
為席勒夫人這樣的女士提供的照顧有關
Or don't. You're doing it again.
或許沒有,您又這樣了
Doing what? Blaming me for something.
怎樣,因為什么事情責備我
What would I be blaming you for?
我有什么好責備您的呢
I haven't the slightest idea.
我完全不清楚
Then I'm really not sure what this conversation is about.
那么我就不知道我們這番對話的意義了
You gave me quite a severe lecture the other day
那天您對我說的話如同當頭棒喝
and I'm here to see if there's something I might do about it.
我今天來是想知道有什么可以盡力的
I don't know what cause you have to resent me. I don't have any
我不明白您為什么厭惡我,我并沒有...
Although I'm fairly certain it has to do
盡管我很清楚
with your assumption that I am rich, spoiled, and indifferent.
您一定認為我富有,驕縱,冷漠
You I'm not finished.
您,我還沒說完
If you have a proposal for helping the women who come to this hospital,
如果您有幫助這家醫院女性病人的提議
instead of simply a bad habit of flinging pointed barbs
而不是對您不喜歡的人夾槍帶棒
at people you dislike and feeling pleased with yourself,
然后自覺優越
then I would very much like to hear it.
我很樂意聽取
It's a Catholic hospital.
這是一家天主教醫院
You knew that when you spoke to me last time.
上次您跟我說話時也很清楚這一點
How do you propose to persuade Dr. Landau?
您打算怎樣說服蘭道醫生
I don't propose to persuade him at all.
我根本沒有打算說服他
May I ask exactly what You may not.
我可否問問究竟... 不可以
Anything else?
講完了嗎
Yes. Please refrain from smoking that pipe or buy better tobacco.
沒有,請您不要再抽煙斗或者買點兒好煙草
Whatever you stuff in there is appalling.
您抽的東西令人發指
We filled up. What are we hanging around for?
油加滿了,還等什么
I run a tight operation, Eli.
我做事自有一套,伊萊
I don't need any guff from the fellas that work for me.
不需要手下人之言
I don't work for you.
我不是你手下
I hear there are opportunities out west.
聽說西部機遇很多
Hop a rail. Godspeed.
坐火車去吧,祝你成功
Look, I just want to go home, see June and the kids.
聽著,我只想回家見瓊和孩子們
That you will, after we do this.
會見到的,辦完這事
You kept me waiting, Victor.
你讓我好等,維克多
I have a town to patrol.
我有鎮子要巡視
Those Methodists keeping you up at night?
衛理會吵得你睡不著嗎
I find trouble around here comes from the outside.
我發現這里的麻煩都來自鎮外
Well, we got a convoy coming through tomorrow night.
明晚我們要運一批貨
We don't want no trouble neither.
我們也不想找麻煩
The other half?
另一半呢
With the convoy, same as always.
貨到付款,跟往常一樣
You know Nucky's good for it.
你知道努基的信譽
Tank yourselves up and head on through.
加足油趕緊走
I don't want to see any of your boys lounge around Main,
我不想看見你的小弟在大路邊晃
near the beaches, or the coast road.
海灘和海邊公路也不行
You head on through.
徑直往前走
What if they need to pray?
如果他們需要祈禱呢
Something on your mind?
你有事嗎
You don't remember me?
不記得我了嗎
You were up and down this shore 10 years ago
十年前你還在海邊瞎轉悠
looking for any job with a badge.
找機會當警察
Well, I found one.
我找到了
Tomorrow night, fill up your trucks and move on through.
明天晚上,加滿油然后趕快走
You take care now, Sheriff Thompson.
你保重,湯普森警長
What was it like?
那是什么感覺
Just a little roadhouse off campus.
就是校外的一個旅館
And you played piano there?
你在那彈鋼琴
It's not so much a piano as it is a packing crate with keys,
與其說是鋼琴不如說是帶鍵盤的破箱子
but yes.
但是沒錯
And you do that King and Carter number, don't you?
你彈過金和卡特的曲子,是嗎
Maybelle Anne, jazz is the devil's music.
梅貝爾·安,爵士是魔鬼的音樂
And no selfrespecting negro would go near it.
自尊自重的黑人絕不會染指
Oh, Father.
父親
Are we called to dinner?
到晚飯時間了嗎
Lester, I need to talk to your sister.
萊斯特,我要和你妹妹談談
Go down and help set up.
下樓幫著擺餐具吧
Yes, sir.
好的,先生
I'll give you those Claude McKay poems.
我一會兒把克勞德·麥克凱伊的詩給你
They're worth a look. Okay.
值得一讀,好
Your beau came to see me today.
你男朋友今天來找過我
I know.
我知道
He called here afterwards.
他見完你給我打電話了
Your mom ain't saying nothing.
你媽媽沒告訴我
I haven't told her.
我還沒告訴她
Samuel's awful sweet, isn't he?
薩穆埃爾人很好,不是嗎
Very respectful.
非常令人尊敬
He's going to be a good doctor.
他會是個好醫生的
Good husband, too.
也會是個好丈夫
How old were you when you married Mama?
你和媽媽結婚時多大
Going on 26.
將近二十六
And when you saw her,
當你見到她時
you knew.
你就知道她是注定
I knew she wouldn't give me the time of day.
我知道的是她不會正眼瞧我
I knew her daddy tell everybody he meet
我知道的是他父親見人就說
that I be half Apache and such and a noaccount
我是土著混血,但其實并非如此
all 'cause I come up from Texas,
只因為我來自德克薩斯
worked the storefront for old Oscar Boneau.
給老奧斯卡·伯努打工
What changed Grandpa's mind?
外公怎么回心轉意的
He run into some problems, so I help him out.
他遇到些問題,我幫他解決了
How? Don't matter how.
怎么解決的,這不重要
He see he could count on me.
但他知道我靠得住
I be on the side of the family.
我會站在他家人這邊
Now this man of yours gonna be a doctor.
你這個男朋友會當醫生
That's good for us for this family.
這對我們家很好
What about me? Ain't you part of it?
那我呢,你不是家庭一員嗎
Daddy, I don't want to just move from this house into someone else's.
爸爸,我不想從這房子搬到別人那去
It's gonna be your house.
那也會是你的房子
You and husband.
你和你丈夫的
And your little ones.
還有你們孩子的
I'm not ready for that.
我還沒準備好要孩子
Oh, girl, it ain't gonna happen right away.
姑娘,又不是馬上就要你生
I'm never gonna be ready.
我永遠不會準備好
Not with Samuel.
和薩穆埃爾永遠不可能
Your mama work for this.
你媽媽一直為此努力
Work all her days to raise you for this.
她把你養這么大就為了這一天
She married you. What that mean?
可是她嫁的是你,這是什么意思
You're interesting.
你很有意思
How did you help Grandpa?
你是怎么幫外公的
I won't tell.
我不會告訴別人的
Did you get rid of someone?
你幫他殺人了嗎
Think me and you having some kind of discussion?
你以為我會和你討論嗎
It's my life, Daddy.
這是我的生活,爸爸
And how you gonna live it? Huh?
那你想怎么過日子
What, back seat of a car,
坐在汽車后座
swagger buck with a pistol, wife two county over?
用槍賺錢,遠嫁到別的郡嗎
Why not?
有何不可
I'll write a poem about it.
我會把它寫成詩
Them people can't even sign they own name.
那些人都不能簽自己的名字
And your life, your life belong... Mama says dinner.
你的生活,屬于...媽媽說晚飯好了
You marrying that boy.
你得和他結婚
So tomorrow morning, 8:00 sharp. Big shipment for Rothstein.
明早八點整,有一大批給羅斯坦的貨
Go fuck yourself.
去你媽逼
You have a nice night, too.
也祝你晚安
Bri? Hi, Pop.
布萊,嗨,爸爸
Look at you.
瞧瞧你
Daddy!
爸爸
Who are all these beauties and these handsome young men?
這些小美女小帥哥都是誰呀
Hey, Edith.
你好啊,伊迪絲
Someone too big for a hug?
長大了不想來抱一下嗎
Welcome home, Dad.
歡迎回家,爸爸
Where'd you get that grip?
你這手勁兒哪來的
I don't know. He's been working in a lumberyard.
不知道,他在木材廠工作
Nobody told me that.
都沒人告訴我
You had enough to worry about.
你要擔心的事太多了
Evening, everybody.
大家晚上好
Cold out there, huh?
外面真冷
Miss.
小姐
What's good?
有什么推薦嗎
Oh, everything. It's all made here.
什么都好,全是現做的
Spaghetti and meatballs.
意大利肉醬面
Tell me about that.
來跟我說說
It's like a noodle.
這是一種面條
And it's covered in a red sauce.
澆上紅醬
But you could have it with butter instead.
但你也可以澆黃油
And balls of meat like this.
再加上這么大的肉丸
Sounds delicious. I'll have that.
聽起來不錯,我就點這個了
With the butter or the sauce?
要黃油還是醬
The sauce.
Make it two.
來兩份
And you know what I'd like with that?
你知道我還想要什么嗎
Just a little wine, hmm?
再來一杯葡萄酒
We don't have that. It's against the law.
我們沒有,這違法了
Still, in the back, inside the cupboard...
但是,在后面,櫥柜里面...
behind the sodypop.
蘇打水后面
You know what's good here?
你知道這里什么好嗎
The coffee.
咖啡
Brew it fresh every halfhour.
每半小時新煮一次
Best thing on a night like this.
這樣的晚上來一杯最好了
Okay. Thank you.
好的,謝謝
We'll have spaghetti and coffee.
我們要意大利面和咖啡
Keep you nice and warm on the road.
讓你在路上暖和些
No driving tonight.
今晚不上路
Staying in Tabor Heights?
留在塔博爾高地嗎
We're over at the Kinneret Lodge.
我們住在加里利旅館
Not much going on here this time of year.
這時候沒什么好玩的
Asbury Park, Atlantic City, that's where the action is.
但是阿斯伯里公園,大西洋城就不同了
That's 60 miles.
那有六十英里遠
Or you could head back to New York.
或者你可以開車回紐約
How you know we're from New York?
你怎么知道我們從紐約來的
Call it a hunch.
隨便一猜
Better than Mama's, huh?
比媽媽做的好吃,對吧
What do you know about this Means fella?
你對這個家伙了解多少
He's a colorful personality.
他性格很多樣
I don't need to get wrapped up in Harry Daugherty's mess.
我可不想惹上哈利·達赫提的麻煩
Do you?
你呢
The protection is valuable.
自我保護很重要
The cost is insignificant overall.
而總體來說花銷又不大
They're collecting money in a fishbowl.
他們在用魚缸收錢
I'd never advise against caution,
我一向提倡小心謹慎
considering the ongoing volatility in the marketplace.
再加上最近市場反復無常
If you're poking around Manny Horvitz, why don't you just say so?
如果你想打聽曼尼·霍維茨的事,為什么不直說
Do you have a suspect?
你懷疑誰
Waxey Gordon comes to mind.
我想到了瓦克西·戈登
Naturally. But it's not Waxey,
當然,但不是他
because Waxey would have to clear it with you,
因為瓦克西肯定會先跟你報告
and you would have said no because you're in business with me.
而你會否決,因為你在和我做生意
That could be what I want you to think.
也許是我故意要你這么想的
It could, but I doubt it.
是有可能,但我不覺得
How can you be sure?
你怎么能確定呢
Because if you were trying to be obvious, you'd never be that obvious.
因為即使你想明著來,也不會挑這么明
This is why I enjoy our conversations.
我真享受我們的談話
But I do hope you're paying equally close attention to our arrangement.
但我確實希望你也能關心我們的交易
There's a shipment going out tonight.
今晚有貨要運出
We agreed on the fourth.
我們說好四號的
That's tonight.
也就是今晚
It's tomorrow, Mr. Thompson.
是明天,湯普森先生
Of course it is. My mistake.
當然,我弄錯了
Well, a man's allowed to enjoy himself every now and then.
人總是得不時娛樂一下
I've got people on top of it, Arnold. That's why I pay them.
我派人盯著呢,阿諾德,我付錢請他們就是干這個的
As long as they have calendars.
只要他們有日歷就行
Your radiators leak.
你的暖氣漏水了
West 57th Street.
在西五十七街
Miss Kent's building.
肯特小姐的樓
You own it.
是你的
You might want to protect your investment.
你得好好保護自己的投資
Are you looking to rent?
你想租房子嗎
East of the park would suit you better.
公園東邊比較適合你
What are you implying?
你在暗示什么
She's a charming and vivacious young woman.
她是個迷人又有活力的女人
Prudence. Yes, ma'am?
普魯登斯,有什么事,太太
Mr. Thompson has a morning suit.
湯普森先生有一套禮服
The striped trousers and cutaway jacket.
條紋褲子和燕尾服
Do you know where it is?
你知道在哪嗎
No, but I'm sure I can find it.
不知道,但我肯定能找到
Check that it's sound and have it cleaned.
確保它干凈并且完好無損
He's going to need it when he meets the bishop.
他去見主教時要穿
Oh, did you not get the message, ma'am?
你沒收到留言嗎,太太
What message?
什么留言
Mr. Thompson, he left word that he won't be attending the ceremony.
湯普森先生說,他不會參加儀式
Clean the suit anyway.
那也去把禮服洗干凈
I'm afraid he's mistaken.
也許是他弄錯了
Will.
威爾
Hi, Pop.
嗨,爸爸
I was up. Didn't want to wake your mother.
我先起了,不想吵醒你媽媽
What are you doing? Going to work.
你去干什么,去上班
Nothing for breakfast?
不吃早飯嗎
There's coffee and donuts at the yard.
工地里有咖啡和甜甜圈
Not enough for a growing boy.
男孩長身體吃這點可不行
I'll be okay.
我沒事的
Look, uh....
聽著...
what you done here for your mom, brothers, and sisters...
你為你媽媽,弟弟和妹妹所做的
I'm proud of you.
我很為你驕傲
It's nothing, Pop.
沒什么,爸爸
I'm home now.
我現在回家了
And I'm gonna, you know,
我會...
get back on the horse.
重新振作
So you don't have to do this anymore.
所以你不用再這樣了
I'm pretty used to it.
我已經習慣了
You should be in school. You got your mother's brains.
你應該去上學,你和你媽媽一樣聰明
I've been learning plenty. No, science, math.
我學的夠多了,不夠,科學啊,數學啊
I read Shakespeare.
我讀莎士比亞
Can you beat that?
你能嗎
Thine old pop.
汝老爸
That's the boss. He picks me up.
那是我老板,他來接我
Happy two birthdays ago.
兩年前生日快樂
Pretty keen.
挺帥氣
I got to go, Pop.
我得走了,爸爸
Keep it moving, fellas. Everything ready to go by sundown.
快動起來,日落前要都裝好
Fit a whole 'nother row up there.
再裝一排
Big shipment tonight, huh?
今晚貨真多啊
Nothing gets past you.
什么都逃不過你眼睛
Where's it headed?
運去哪的
Maybe you don't understand the principle.
也許你不知道規矩
We pay you prohees not to ask questions.
付你錢就是讓你閉嘴的
I haven't been paid yet.
我還沒拿到錢呢
You know what's goofy?
你知道最可笑的是什么么
Cash business like this,
像這樣的現金生意
come the end of the day...
到一天最后的時候
I still got empty pockets.
我手里還是沒有錢
I found him hanging around outside.
我發現他在外面閑逛
8:00 AM I said.
我說的是早上八點
I'm here now.
我現在就到了
No, but I don't get it.
不,但是我不明白
I'm dressed as a hummingbird, Vi.
我穿的和蜂鳥一樣,薇
And every time she gets near a fella...
每次她靠近一個男人
But how do the wings move?
但是蜂鳥要怎么動呢
That is someone else's problem.
那是別人的問題
But let's say
我說
let's say I get it into the Passing Show this year.
我們把它放到今年的昨日重現秀里
You're going to be in that show and everyone's going to love you,
你會出現在節目中,而且大家都會很愛你
but what'll happen to me?
那我怎么辦
Well, you, maybe Hummingbird's best friend.
那么,你,也許,蜂鳥的好朋友
Sure!
當然
We could have a whole routine.
我們可以完成一整個新編排
They leave the nest and, um
他們把鳥巢留下了,然后
Wind up in a speak where they finish off
喝完一整瓶花蜜,看完喜劇之后
a whole bottle of nectar and comedy ensues.
以演講收尾
When do we start?
我們什么時候開始
I'll talk to Lee Shubert tomorrow.
明天我和李·舒伯特談
You know Lee Shubert?
你認識李·舒伯特
Oh, buzzbuzz, Vi. What?
嗡嗡,薇,怎么了
Close your mouth. Something might fly in.
閉上嘴,小心有東西飛進去
Right back.
馬上回來
Don't drink everything without me.
沒有我在什么都別喝
I had walking pneumonia last summer.
去年夏天我得了肺炎
She sat with me every day.
她每天都照顧我
Bought groceries. Made soup.
采購雜貨,做湯給我
So you have to be nice to her. You have to.
所以你要對她好點,你一定要
I don't usually drink stuff this good
我一般喝不到這么美味的東西
because, well, a lot of the guys, you know,
因為,很多男孩,你知道
they dress real slick and flash a big bankroll,
他們衣著光鮮,腰財萬貫
but, brother, they watch the meter.
但是,大哥,他們都是算著時間的
And then you find yourself at 4:00 AM
然后你發現凌晨四點你在約克維爾
in some godawful apartment in Yorkville looking for your stockings.
的一間破公寓里找你的絲襪
I wasn't suggesting that you
我不是指你
Don't concern yourself.
沒關系
Guess who I just ran into.
猜猜我剛才遇到誰了
His Great Satanic Majesty, the Spider of Wall Street. No.
撒旦殿下,華爾街的陰謀老手
Oh, he's not so bad.
他沒那么壞
That is not what you said last month.
你上個月可不是這么說的
People change their minds.
人會變的
I got a letter yesterday from that vicious,
我昨天收到那個曼西的邪惡老娘們
driedup bitch in Muncie oops, I mean my mother.
的來信,抱歉,我是說我母親
Sends me a story cut out from "Collier's."
發給我一段從"礦工"里節選的故事
Guess what it's called.
猜猜叫什么
I can't imagine. Me neither.
猜不到,我也是
"Sad Nights of a Showgirl."
"歌舞女郎的悲傷夜晚"
Why is that funny?
有什么可笑的么
Your attention, please.
聽我說
Thank you.
謝謝
This convoy is headed north for New York City.
這個車隊要北上去紐約城
We're making exactly two stops.
要停兩站
The first will be the Standard Oil station in Tabor Heights,
第一站是塔博爾高地上的標準石油加油站
New Jersey, to refill with petrol.
在新澤西,加汽油
The next will be the Rothmere Storage Corporation,
第二站是羅斯莫爾倉儲公司加油站
62 Imlay Street in the borough of Brooklyn.
在布魯克林市伊姆林大街六十二號
Two men in every cab. Second man will be armed.
每輛車兩個人,助手配槍
If you're arrested, you know nothing.
如果被抓了,就說什么都不知道
Any questions?
有問題么
Then those that are done, line up for your pay.
那就這樣,站好隊來拿錢
Back in town.
出來了
Turns out they let you go if you ask polite.
原來如果你問的禮貌些,他們就會讓你走
I'll tell Mr. Thompson you're situated.
我會告訴湯普森先生你安頓下來了
You're the golden boy now, huh?
你現在管事了是吧
I see things run smoothly, aye.
我負責讓一切有條不紊,是的
Extra 50 for the trip to New York.
跟著去紐約的話多給五十
I didn't come for a handout.
我不是來求施舍的
Suit yourself.
那請自便
Anyway,
可是
I don't have a piece.
我沒槍
Why don't you drink?
你為什么不喝點
I'm drinking.
我在喝
I'm having fun.
我在享受
It's why people come here.
人們來這不就為了這個么
If you don't want to marry me speak up. Yell.
如果你不想嫁給我, 大聲,喊出來
Yell. Yell! Can't you do that?
喊出來,喊啊,喊不出來么
I said, if you don't want
我說,如果你不想
if you don't want to marry me...
如果你不想嫁給我
then why don't you just come out and say it?
那為什么不說出來
Pardon me. Can you watch what you're doing, sir?
抱歉,先生,你能注意點么
You watch this.
你注意點吧
Samuel!
薩穆埃爾
Daddy!
爸爸
Keep playing.
繼續彈
What in the hell you doing here?
你在這干什么
You okay to walk?
能走么
Then walk. Take her with you.
那就走,帶上她一起
That man needs help.
那個男的需要幫助
You ain't gonna be giving it to him.
你不能幫他
Look at me, girl.
看著我,姑娘
Look at me!
看著我
You interested now?
現在還感興趣么
Am I interesting now?
還覺得我有意思么
Pumps are locked.
油泵鎖上了
What are we doing? You tell me.
我們在干什么,你告訴我
Sickles ain't here. Let's just blow through.
希寇斯不在,我們趕緊走吧
Don't you need gas?
我們不需要加油么
Find it up the line.
上前面去找吧
I'll not take eight lorries on an Easter egg hunt
我不會拿這八輛卡車去冒險
and risk getting stranded along the way.
萬一停在路上怎么辦
Forward or back? I'm freezing my nuts off.
前進還是后退,我凍死了
Probably a key inside.
里面可能有鑰匙
That's private property.
那是個人財產
Jesus,Victor, buy a watch already.
天吶,維克托,買塊表好不好
And unlock the pumps. What's in those trucks?
把油泵的鎖打開,這些卡車里有什么
Same as always.
和以前一樣
Well, if it's liquor, there's a problem.
如果里面是酒,那就有問題了
Since when?
從什么時候開始
Since he read the Constitution.
從他讀過憲法之后
They passed a whole amendment.
他們通過了一條新修正案
What brings you here, Mr. Rosetti?
你來這干什么,羅塞蒂先生
Who?
I called you by your name.
我叫你的名字了
I think you got me mixed up.
我想你把我認成別人了
No, I'm, uh...
不,我是
D.L. Collingsworth.
D·L·科林斯沃斯
Proprietor.
業主
Really?
真的
Yeah, we go way back around here.
是的,我們很久之前就在這里了
Slept with George Washington and everything.
和喬治·華盛頓一樣老
Eight trucks, huh?
八輛卡車對吧
A lot of gasoline.
要很多汽油啊
So? We're good for it.
所以呢,我們買得起
Sure, only thing,
當然,只是有一件事
we don't got any.
我們沒有油
You've no fuel?
你們沒有油
And here it is, a filling station.
卻開了家加油站
That makes me chuckle.
真搞笑
We'll gas up, we'll pay you, and we'll drive on.
我們要加油,我們會給你錢,然后我們就走
What's that?
那是什么
A gun?
I got a gun.
我有槍
I got a gun,
我有槍
he got a gun,
他有槍
he got a gun.
他有槍
Everybody got guns.
人人都有槍
Fellas,
伙計們
you ain't gonna make New York tonight.
你們今晚到不了紐約了
You're gonna run out of gas.
油不夠
You think Mr. Thompson won't hear about this?
你以為湯普森先生不會知道這件事么
What was I supposed to do?
我該怎么做
Tell Nucky
告訴努基
old Pop Collingsworth says hello.
老科林斯沃斯向他問好
Are you trying to asphyxiate us?
你要憋死我們么
Here we go.
來了
All in the same pan?
都在一個鍋里
Old hobo trick. Sit down.
老流浪漢的詭計了,坐下
You know how to sling 'em.
你知道怎么做飯
Had a lot of practice.
練過太多次了
Like fun you did.
別開玩笑
Cooked for my brother, sister, my ma, just to give her a day off.
給我弟弟,妹妹,媽媽做飯,就是為了能讓她歇一天
Watched them eat.
看著他們吃下去
Made sure they'd finish every scrap.
保證他們都吃完
What about you?
那你呢
Well, see, I'd only steal enough for three.
我偷來的只夠三個人吃的
Wasn't Chaplin in that one?
那不是卓別林么
Don't.
別接
Know what I'd like more than anything else?
知道我最喜歡什么么
What?
什么
For people to be honest about what they want,
最喜歡那些不管發生了什么
no matter what.
想要什么就真誠表現出來的人
Sounds a little dangerous.
聽上去有點危險
It's dangerous anyway.
確實很危險
I'll bite.
我繼續吃
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want everything to run all by itself.
我想要一切自動運行
Then what would you do?
那你要做什么
Stay here. Forever...
待在這,如果可以
if I could.
一輩子
Oh, Gus.
古斯
You know you can't.
你知道你不行
Who's calling?
誰來的電話
I said I'd never tell.
我說了我不會說的
And you said you'd never ask.
你還說過你永遠不會問
You reach him?
你找到他了么
So, now what?
那么,現在怎么辦
How many would you say back there?
你看到有多少人
I counted 12.
我數的是十二個
Maybe more.
也許更多
You trust these men in a gun battle?
槍戰起來的話你會信任這些人么
Not for a second.
一點也不會
Arnold Rothstein expects to get what he pays for.
阿諾德·羅斯坦還在等著他的貨
He won't be getting it tonight.
他今晚是拿不到了
What's your pleasure, boss?
你喜歡什么,老板
Turn these rigs around.
掉頭
We're heading back to Atlantic City.
我們回大西洋城

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
tank [tæŋk]

想一想再看

n. 坦克,箱,罐,槽,貯水池
vt. 把 .

 
shipment ['ʃipmənt]

想一想再看

n. 裝船,貨物,出貨

 
heading ['hediŋ]

想一想再看

n. 標題,題目,航向
動詞head的現在分詞

 
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尷尬的,(設計)別扭的

 
suspect [səs'pekt]

想一想再看

n. 嫌疑犯
adj. 令人懷疑的,不可信的<

聯想記憶
vivacious [vi'veiʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 活潑的

聯想記憶
deficiency [di'fiʃənsi]

想一想再看

n. 缺乏,不足,缺點

聯想記憶
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 檢查,支票,賬單,制止,阻止物,檢驗標準,方格圖案

聯想記憶
impression [im'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 印象,效果

聯想記憶
property ['prɔpəti]

想一想再看

n. 財產,所有物,性質,地產,道具

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 蜡笔小新日语原版| 松永沙奈| 埃米尔·赫斯基| 李英恩| 欧美一级毛片无遮挡| 蓝燕3d电影《极乐宝鉴》在线观看| 李俊霆| 我的1919 电影| 古天乐电影全部作品免费观看| 聊斋艳谭之荷花三娘子| angela white电影| 《爱的温暖》电影在线观看| 清风亭全集豫剧全场免费播放| 工字钢理论重量| 黄瀞怡| 张成楚| 亚洲理伦| 昌秀 电影| 娇妻与爱女绿帽孕野种| 人世间演员表| fourteen steps课文翻译| 叶芳华| 一眉道人演员表| 探索频道| 蓝家宝电影| 一键换装app永久免费| 宇宙战队| 电子版租房合同免费下载| 房事性生活| 蝴蝶视频在线观看| 安徽公共频道| mariaarredondo| 2024微信头像| 山东生活频道| 罗比威廉姆斯| 大学生职业规划ppt成品| 茶馆妈妈韩剧| 民国奇探2出来了吗| 尤克里里谱| 红电视剧演员表| 苹果恋爱多|