We're taking back the city.
我們要奪回這座城市
My father used to run things here.
我父親曾經是這座城市的主人
Nucky Thompson's about to hit seven years of lean.
努基·湯普森的七年之癢到了
Which leaves us the booze.
也把販酒的買賣留給了我們
What we ship comes in. What Nucky ships doesn't.
我們能弄到努基都弄不到的貨
I've made inquiries, Harry.
我打聽過了,哈利
Heard good things about you from Judge Graves.
格雷夫斯法官替你說了不少好話
You mean you heard I play ball. Well, don't you?
你知道我玩棒球,不是嗎
What did he promise you?
他許給你什么
More than you ever did. I will ruin you.
比你給的多,我要毀了你
Louis. Louis! It's a stroke.
路易,路易,他中風了
You got liquor, we got money.
你們有酒,我們有錢
I need cash up front. We got a deal.
先給錢,成交
You're carrying a child.
你懷孕了
That is a sacred charge from the Lord
那是上帝賜予你的
and a financial agreement between us.
而且我們之間還有經濟協議
I need a port to land some cargo.
我需要一個港口來卸貨
My 20% includes men to oversee the operation.
我拿兩成,包括保證全程安全的費用
This could be an opportunity, gentlemen.
這可是天賜良機,先生們
We meet up and we figure a way to take it all.
我們單獨談談,想想怎么把貨全弄過來
How do you propose to handle Nucky? Just kill him.
如何處理努基,殺了
What are your talents, Mr. Slater? Making people stop.
你有何能耐,斯萊特先生,讓人停止
Mr. Slater will be driving me now.
斯萊特現在是我的司機
A bit cheeky, isn't he? He's serving a purpose.
他臉皮有點厚了吧,他是有目的的
When we're done, you'll leave
完事后趕緊離開
and will not speak a word about it.
保守秘密
That child is for you.
孩子是給你的
Don't touch me.
不要碰我
Rose, don't!
羅斯,不要
Have you ever posed for an artist?
你給畫家當過模特嗎
Manny Horvitz.
曼尼o霍瓦茨
Pay him. I'll take care of it.
把欠他的錢給他,我來處理
You built this town. Now you can have it back.
是諸位建設了這座城市,現在還給你們
You're stepping down as treasurer? I am.
你打算辭去縣司庫職務,是的
Ingrid, is it? Sigrid.
英格力德是吧,西格力德
Her name is what? Abigail.
她叫什么名字,阿比蓋爾
Where is Darmody? He isn't here.
達莫迪呢,他不在這兒
Your husband did this to you.
這是你丈夫造的孽
My father is dead.
我父親過世了
The shooting I never meant for that to happen.
那次暗殺,不是我的本意
Agent Van Alden. Hands straight in front of you.
范o奧爾登探員,兩手舉向前
And take this ah!
然后...
I intend to make a full confession.
我會做一次徹底的懺悔
Then Father Brennan will marry us.
然后布倫南神父會為我們主婚
The defense motion for mistrial is granted.
本庭同意辯方的起訴無效申請
This case is dismissed.
駁回起訴
Mr. And Mrs. Mueller, welcome to Cicero.
穆勒先生和太太,歡迎來到西塞羅
I'm sure we'll be quite happy here.
我相信我們在此會很愉快的
There's roughly 160,000 acres.
大概有十六萬英畝土地
That land will be worth a fortune, Mrs. Thompson.
我們的土地會價值連城,湯普森夫人
I'll need you to sign the deed back over as soon as you get a chance.
你一有機會就將土地轉讓回來
This is the only way we could have ended, isn't it?
我們只能以這種方式了結,是不是
So who's gonna do it? I am.
誰來動手呢,我來
Use your foot.
用你的腳
Push. How long is this gonna take?
推,還要多久
It's not moving.
擰不動
The lugs are rusted.
螺絲生銹了
Where's Walt Wallet when you need him, huh?
沃爾特o沃勒特怎么不出現呢
"Gasoline Alley," Right?
你說的是《汽油巷》里的男主吧
Yeah, it ain't going anywhere.
它不會亂跑的
Morning.
早上好
Well, it was.
現在可不好
Flat tire, eh?
車胎漏氣了
Lugs are rusted. At least this lug is.
螺絲都生銹了,至少這個生銹了
I got some 3InOne in the glove box.
我的工具箱里有"三合一"
Maybe that'll help. I don't know what that is.
也許有用,什么東西
It's oil. What else?
潤滑油,不然是什么
Let him get the thing.
讓他拿來試試
Guess there's no point.
估計沒用
Could have been a tool.
也有可能是種工具
Pardon?
什么
3InOne.
"三合一"
"What else?" You said.
你說"不然是什么"
Could have been a wrench or something.
也可能是個扳手什么的
I don't see how it could have been a wrench.
怎么可能是個扳手
Or a solvent of some type. Well, naturally, but...
也許是一種溶劑,差不多,但是...
I grew up in Sicily. Sperlinga.
我在西西里島的斯佩林加長大
We had olive oil, not whatdoyoucall 3InOne.
我們有橄欖油,可沒有你說的"三合一"
Look, mister, I I didn't mean anything by it.
先生,我沒有其他意思
I'm pulling your leg. Relax.
只是開個玩笑,別緊張
Come on, Regina.
過來,雷吉娜
What's her name?
她叫什么名字
Regina? Yeah. It means "Queen."
雷吉娜, "'女王"的意思
Good day to you.
祝你愉快
To you as well. Come on, Regina.
你也是,走吧,雷吉娜
What else could it be? Here.
還有可能是什么,給你看看
Could be this. Or maybe it could be this!
還可能是這樣,或者是這樣
Or this!
或者這樣
You fucking piece of shit!
你這坨狗屎
There'll be a change in the weather
天氣會變
A change in the sea
大海也會變
From now on, there'll be a change in me
今后,我也會有變化
My walk will be different
步伐會變
My talk and my name
談吐會變,名字會變
Ain't nothin' 'bout me gonna be the same...
我將是煥然一新的我
Here you go, kid.
拿好了, 孩子
Don't dawdle. Get it over there.
別偷懶,快端過去
And if that ain't enough
如果這還不夠
I'm gonna change the way I strut my stuff
我將不再處處炫耀
Oh, nobody wants you when you're old and gray
人老珠黃,誰也不會稀罕
There'll be some changes made today
現在就要改變
Oh, there'll be some changes made
現在就要改變
I'm gonna change my way of living
我要改變我生活的方式
If that ain't enough
如果這還不夠
I'm gonna change the way I strut my stuff
我要改變趾高氣揚的態度
Oh, nobody wants you when you're old and gray
人老珠黃,誰也不會稀罕
There'll be some changes made today...
現在就要改變
Sir. Oh, there'll be some changes made
先生, *現在就要改變
Oh, yeah, there'll be some changes made.
現在就要改變
Thank you, sir.
謝謝先生
Nothing like a hot coffee on a cold morning, eh?
寒冷的清晨,有杯熱咖啡足矣
A good breakfast?
豐盛的早餐
I tell you, when I was a kid, I never ate breakfast.
我小的時候,從不吃早餐
Well, we barely had any food.
因為沒吃的
But now it's my favorite meal of the day.
但是現在我最喜歡吃早飯
My kids I make sure they always start the day
我要保證我的孩子
with a hot meal.
每天都能吃到熱乎乎的早餐
It's funny, some people
有些人,很有意思
how they say they'd never steal.
他們總說絕不會偷竊
But you've got a family, kids to take care of
但是當你要養家糊口時
you'll do anything,
你什么都會做
which is why I'm not angry.
所以我現在并不生氣
What's your name again?
你叫什么來著
Nate. Really, I'm not.
奈特,我真的不生氣
I mean, you're a thief, right, Nate?
雖然你是個小偷,是吧,奈特
Mr. Thompson You steal things for a living.
湯普森先生,你靠偷東西為生
Isn't that correct?
對嗎
Answer the man when he speaks.
問你什么答什么
Yes. Okay.
對,好的
So on the one hand we have you, Nate, a thief;
一邊是你,奈特,一個小偷
on the other we have Mr. Doyle here
一邊是多伊爾先生
who owns a warehouse in which he stores booze.
他有一個倉庫,用來藏酒
One night, Mr. Doyle leaves the aforementioned warehouse unattended
一晚,多伊爾先生出去撒尿
while he answers nature's call in the outhouse.
倉庫無人看守
The thief, spotting an opportunity to feed his family,
小偷看到了機會
comes in and robs the warehouse with an unknown accomplice.
遂伙同某個同伙溜進倉庫,大肆作案
Now I ask you, Mr. Doyle, what do thieves do?
現在我問你,多伊爾先生,小偷是干什么的
Beg pardon? It's a simple question. What do thieves do?
什么,簡單問題,小偷是做什么的
They steal things? Correct.
偷東西,對
That's their job they steal things.
那就是他們的本職工作,偷東西
And warehouse owners?
倉庫主人是干什么的呢
Store things? Right again.
存東西,又對了
Now, who, in this scenario, wasn't doing their job?
那在這個情況下,誰沒做好本職工作
The thief, whose entire reason for being is to steal things,
是以偷東西為生的小偷呢
or the fucking imbecile
還是這個
who left the warehouse full of liquor unlocked
去撒尿的時候
while he was taking a goddamn dump?
沒鎖好裝滿酒的倉庫門的蠢貨呢
The imbecile? The imbecile.
蠢貨吧,就是那個蠢貨
I'm not angry, Nate.
我不生氣,奈特
You were only doing your job.
你只是做了你該做的
Thank you, Mr. Thompson.
多謝,湯普森先生
Who was your wheelman?
誰是你的同伙
Rowland Smith. Rowland Smith.
羅蘭o史密斯,羅蘭o史密斯
Untie him.
給他松綁
Oh, but, before you do, put a bullet in his fucking head.
松綁之前,給他一槍
What?! No! No, Mr. Thompson!
什么,不要,不要,湯普森先生
Please! No! No!
求你了,不要不要
Please!
求你了
Certain people you do not steal from.
老虎屁股你不該摸
Set down a doily, please. Yes, ma'am.
把桌布鋪好,是,夫人
Philip, the serving spoons need polishing. Right away, ma'am.
菲利普,把湯匙擦干凈,馬上夫人
It's Scottish for "Long, long ago."
這是蘇格蘭語的"很久以前"
Will we sing it tonight? Yes, dear.
我們今晚要唱嗎,是的親愛的
The moment the clock strikes midnight.
零點的鐘聲一響,就開始唱
Daddy says I could stay up till 1923.
爸爸說我可以一直玩到一九二三年
No bragging, Teddy.
別夸大其詞,泰迪
As plucky aviatrix Carrie Duncan
當勇敢的女飛行員凱莉o鄧肯
arrives in South Jersey to prepare for her...
到達南澤西準備她的...
Where is Daddy?
爸爸在哪里
At work, I imagine.
在工作吧
I made him a card.
我給他做了卡片
Well, you'll see him tonight at the party.
今晚你會在派對上見到他
You can give it to him then.
到時候再給他吧
Mama, what's an "Aviatrix"? A female aviator.
媽媽, "Aviatrix"是什么意思,女飛行員
A lady who flies an aeroplane?
駕駛飛機的女人
Can you believe it? Carrie Duncan.
難以置信吧,她叫凱莉o鄧肯
She'll be the first person to fly nonstop across the entire continent.
她會是第一個飛越大陸的人
She takes off from Cape May in the morning.
早晨她從五月岬郡起飛
Just as soon as she finishes bobbing her hair.
她理完發就去了
That will be all, Philip.
可以了,菲利普
Now, at the ripe age of 27, Miss Duncan...
剛到27歲, 鄧肯小姐...
I've a meeting.
我要去開個會
I'll be back in a few hours.
幾個小時后我就回來
The ice will be delivered at 1:00.
冰塊會在一點送過來
Make sure it's clean and chipped into pieces.
檢查是否干凈,是否弄碎了
Ladies, I'd like to introduce Evelyn,
女士們,向你們介紹伊芙琳
who will be joining us here at the Artemis Club.
她會加入我們的阿耳特彌斯俱樂部
Hello. Hi.
你好,你們好
That was lovely, dear.
彈得很好,親愛的
Now, a few points of business.
生意上有幾點說明
Given the festive nature of the holiday,
考慮到節假日處處歡樂喜慶
we can expect more than the usual amount
客人肯定會比平常
of inebriation among our guests,
多飲幾杯
and requests for you to partake will increase accordingly.
因此也會邀請你們多喝幾杯
I urge you to resist this temptation,
請抵擋住這種誘惑
as an infraction will result in a $25 fine.
如若違反,罰款二十五刀
Be polite and charming,
你們要彬彬有禮,風情萬種
and forget what you're here for.
最好忘記你們來這里的初衷
Gentlemen remain gentlemen only when they must.
只有在必要時,紳士才會保持紳士的風度
Try a darker shade of lip rouge.
試試深色的口紅
The Follies are in town, so we can expect a visit from Mr. Ziegfeld.
劇團來了,也許齊格菲爾德會來我們這兒
I read he's back with his wife.
我聽說他和妻子復合了
If it weren't for married men, we'd be out of business, dear.
我們做的就是已婚男士的生意
Can we go to the arcade?
我們能去游樂場么
Come on, now. Come on. Sorry.
過來,對不起
Mr. Harrow is our caretaker, a war veteran.
哈羅先生是我們的看管人,他是退伍軍人
Charmed, I'm sure.
一看就很有魅力
Run along, darling.
親愛的,出去玩吧
Take him to Heckler's Flea Circus on the midway.
帶他去跳蚤馬戲團吧
Come, dear. See your room.
來,親愛的,看看你的房間
What time's your train? Not till 6:00.
幾點的火車,六點
She's up to 12 trunks already,
她都裝了十二個大皮箱了
two more for my mother.
還有兩個是給我媽的
It's Naples, not the moon.
是去那不勒斯,又不是登月
Naples is the moon the dark side.
那不勒斯就是月球,還是背對太陽的一面
He's here.
他來了
Dean O'Banion.
迪恩o奧巴尼恩
I was expecting you to come down a chimney.
我還指望你從煙囪里出來呢
Uhuh, you've been a bad boy, Alfonse.
你可不是乖孩子,阿爾
For your wife. Straight from my shop. Happy holidays.
送給你老婆,我店里的,節日快樂
Buon capodanno.
新年快樂
Four whiskeys over here. Sit.
四杯威士忌,坐
So, what brings me to the South Side on a cold winter's day?
大冬天的找我來南邊有什么事
You don't mind sending your beer over here.
你可不介意把酒送到你那邊去啊
Whatever could you mean?
你在說什么
It was settled, Dean the territories.
我們定好的,迪恩,雙方地界
Now, Jake says you're encroaching.
杰克說你在滲入我們的地盤
Is that what Jake says? You deny it?
杰克這么說了,你不承認嗎
Without equivocation.
絕對沒過界
Let's drink.
先喝酒吧
Salud. Slainte.
干杯(西語)干杯(愛爾蘭語)
Good stuff.
好酒
Harder to come by every day.
越來越難喝到了
Another reason you gotta respect the boundaries.
所以更得看清楚邊界
As I said, Al...
我說過了,阿爾
or you have some mozzarella in your ears?
你耳朵被奶酪堵了嗎
What's that supposed to mean?
你什么意思
I'm asking you are you fuckin' deaf? Hey, his kid's deaf.
我在問,你耳朵聾了嗎,他兒子是聾啞人
But I'm sure he meant no offense.
我肯定他是無心之過
Peace on earth, goodwill to men.
算我對不起
Now, the territories, as I understood them,
關于地界,據我所知是
was that the north side belongs to me,
北邊歸我
the south is yours,
南邊歸你
but my pal Spike O'Donnell
但是我的哥們斯派克o奧唐奈
runs the Kerry Patch south of here.
管這里往南的凱利地區
Up to Cass Avenue. North of that's ours.
直到凱斯大道,路以北就是我們的
Then I stand corrected.
那是我弄錯了
I believed I was doing business
我以為我是在
on Mr. O'Donnell's turf with his consent.
奧唐奈先生的地界上做生意
And I believe you're full of shit.
你就信口胡謅吧
Good day, gents.
告辭了,各位
Oh, and say hello to your boy,
對了,替我向你兒子問好
or at least wave.
揮揮手也行
Go. Get him out of here! You bastard!
快帶他出去,你個狗雜種
What the fuck is wrong with you? My fuckin' kid, John.
你犯什么病,那是我兒子啊,約翰
But is it worth a war?
值得開戰嗎
Behave yourself, okay?
收斂點,行嗎
I don't want no problem while I'm gone.
我不在的時候不想出事
My New Year's resolution.
好,就當是我的新年志向了
I'm serious, Al. I know.
我講真的,阿爾,知道了
A lot of money at stake, huh?
得失攸關,明白嗎
Later on, I'm gonna see that fuck.
等會兒我去找那東西算賬
I thought you made a resolution.
我以為你定下新年志向了呢
Well, New Year's ain't till midnight.
新年半夜才到
Get me a drink.
給我來杯酒
Harry, Jess, how are you?
哈利,杰西,你們好啊
Good to see you, Nuck. You've met Mayor Bader,
你好,努克,你見過巴德市長了
our County Treasurer Damien Fleming.
還有縣司庫達米安o弗萊明
Your old job.
你的老本行
Those twohour naps must be grueling.
每天打盹兩小時肯定折磨死了
All settled in at the Blenheim?
在布倫海姆酒店安頓好了嗎
Just for the day, I'm afraid.
恐怕只能待一天
So you'll miss my shindig. Too bad.
那你要錯過我的舞會了,真可惜
Duty calls. Or in our case Secretary Mellon,
使命在召喚,換個說法就是
the grand poobah of the Treasury Department.
財政部的狗雜種梅隆部長在召喚我
We're back to Washington on the express,
我們要坐著特快專列
and with that gorgeous view of the ocean.
欣賞著美麗的海景回到華盛頓去
I'd say you fellas are getting splashed enough.
我覺得你們已經玩的夠多了
That article in the "New York Times"?
《紐約時報》上的那篇文章
Untermeyer's got an axe to grind.
安特邁耶他另有所圖
If Untermeyer were the only woodsman.
不止他一個人
The Veterans Bureau, this business with the oil company now...
退伍軍人事務部,還有石油公司的生意...
Sinclair. You boys are quite popular with the press.
辛克萊,你們經常上頭條,美國石油公司總裁
'23 will be better.
一九二三年會好的
It's '24 I'm worried about.
我擔心的是二四年的選舉
Harding's got a snowball's chance.
哈丁機會沒可能連任,沃倫o哈丁,時任美國總統
So I'll see you boys tonight?
那今晚見了
Sure thing.
當然
Gentlemen.
告辭
Eddie, why don't you show Mr. Smith here the cigar stand?
埃迪,帶史密斯先生看看雪茄架吧
The Fatimas are quite nice.
法蒂瑪煙很不錯
Let's cut the bullshit, shall we, Harry?
我們就有話直說了,哈利
You fellas are going down, and you're not taking me with you.
你們要落馬了,別拉上我
Come on, Nuck. "Come on," Your ass.
得了吧,努克,滾你的吧
40 grand a month in protection,
每月4萬保護費
and that's not even counting the others...
還沒算上別的那些...
40 grand a month is not 5% of what you're making.
每月4萬都不到你賺的5%
Remus, Rothstein, Torrio. And every time I open a paper,
雷穆斯,羅斯坦,托里奧,我每次一翻開報紙
there's a new goddamn investigation.
就看到新的立案調查
Maybe it's time you dismounted that high horse.
收收你那傲慢的態度吧
I seem to recall a few articles about your legal troubles as well.
我記得也看過幾篇關于你的司法糾紛的文章
A year and a half ago. I'm a philanthropist now.
一年半以前了,我現在是慈善家
You're a gangster, plain and simple.
你是匪幫,就是這樣
I run a tight ship, Harry. You run an openair bazaar.
我辦事有規矩,哈利,有規矩個屁
alcohol to the highest bidder.
誰出價高酒歸誰
People being murdered on the roads?
光天化日下人死在馬路上
Tabor Heights is nearly 60 miles from here.
塔博爾高地離這里快100公里了
Well, how long before this place hits the headlines?
那這個消息是多久才見的報呢
You're telling me how to conduct my affairs?
你在教我怎么辦事嗎
All I'm saying is you live in a glass house.
我只想說,你的一切行為都在公眾視野下
Then let's leave it at that, shall we?
那就此打住,行嗎
Fine.
行
About the money...
錢的事...
in an effort to keep the press hounds at bay,
為了阻止媒體瘋狗亂咬
starting soon, I will be accepting cash directly.
很快我就會直接收現金
I'll pay Jess? I'm backing Jess off this.
我把錢給杰西,我不讓杰西插手
I have a middleman. He'll be in touch.
有個中間人,他會來找你
What do you make of this lady flier?
你覺得這個女飛行員如何
She should spread her legs
她應該張開雙腿
and leave spreading the wings to her husband.
展開雙翅的活兒就交給她丈夫
While we continue to expand our surgical capabilities.
我們一直在加強外科手術能力
Last week a thoracic surgeon was added to our staff,
上周來了一位胸外科醫生
and he performed a revascularization.
他做過血管再造手術
I won't pretend to know what that is.
我都不知道這是什么
The pericardial sac is opened,
打開圍心腔
and upon closure, the scar tissue that forms
閉合前,形成的疤痕組織
sends oxygenated blood to the ischemic heart.
給缺血的心臟送去含氧的血液
And to the left we have our brandnew
左手邊是剛落成的
Enoch and Margaret Thompson Pediatric Annex.
伊諾克與瑪格麗特o湯普森兒科區
No longer does St. Theresa's play second fiddle
圣特蕾莎醫院不再是
to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
費城第二的兒童醫院了
Thanks to the Thompsons, firstrate pediatric care
感謝湯普森夫婦,大西洋城的人們
is now available right here in Atlantic City.
可以享受一流的兒科醫療
Well done. We're quite pleased to have been able to help.
真不錯,很高興能幫上忙
As we continue to modernize our facilities,
隨著醫院設施逐漸現代化
we plan eventually to affiliate with a major university.
我們計劃和知名大學大學合作
We envision a day when Penn Medical students
希望有一天,賓大醫學院的學生們
will have their first clinical experience here...
能來這里進行第一次臨床實習
Someone help. ...at St. Theresa's.
救救我, ...圣特蕾莎醫院
Please.
求求你
A teaching hospital...
教學型醫院
Oh! Dr. Mason! Nurse!
梅森醫生,護士
We need a gurney. Orderly, get a gurney.
我需要輪床,護工,推個輪床來
I'm very sorry you had to witness that.
很抱歉讓您看到這幕
Let's adjourn to the boardroom.
我們回會議室去吧
The new landscaping for our courtyard we're choosing hedges.
我們正在修后院,要選圍欄
We need a lady's opinion.
需要女士的意見
Are you thinking cypress or boxwood?
您覺得柏樹好還是黃楊木好
My wife is partial to hydrangeas.
我夫人傾向于用繡球花
Ah, well, the lady will know better...
還是聽女士的比較好
Mr. Posner? Yes?
波斯納先生,什么事
Good day, sir. My name is George Mueller.
你好,先生,我叫喬治o穆勒
I represent the Faraday Electric Iron Company.
我代表法拉第電熨斗公司
Is the lady of the house in as well?
請問尊夫人在家嗎
What? No.
什么,不在
What is it you're selling?
你在賣什么
Your wife requested some information
您夫人向我們咨詢了
on a product that could save her hours of backbreaking
一個能幫她省力的產品
It's New Year's Eve, bub.
哥們兒,今天是新年前夜
Yes, sir. If I could just come in...
對,先生,如果方便讓我進去...
What'd I just say?
我剛說什么的
If you want, come back next week.
你非要來的話下周再說
The thing is, sir, the company's holding a sales contest.
事情是這樣的,公司在舉行銷售競賽
Today is the las...
今天是最后...
Who was that?
剛剛是誰
Some peddler. I don't know. A real lummox.
推銷的,長得一副笨樣
Hurry, hurry!
快來,快來
Step right up, boys. Win a prize.
走上前來,小伙們,有獎可拿
Ladies, does your man have a steady hand?
姑娘們,你們的男人手穩嗎
Fellas, are you aiming to impress your gal?
小伙們,想給姑娘們留個好印象嗎
Well, come on over and take a shot
快來試一試吧
at the Great Plains Shooting Gallery.
巨原射擊廊
One dime is all it takes.
只要一角錢
Two nickels, 10 pennies.
兩個五分,就十分錢
You like animals?
你喜歡動物嗎
That's enough, pal.
夠了,伙計
Here we go.
我們走吧
Did your dad teach you to shoot?
是你爸爸教你射擊的嗎
Actually, it was my sister.
其實是我姐姐
Your dad was a good shooter.
你爸爸是個神槍手
He killed bad guys in the war. That's right.
他打仗殺壞人,沒錯
Rudy, the Congo Creep.
剛果怪人,魯迪
Hoppy, the Frog Boy been here since he was just a tadpole.
青蛙男孩霍比還是只蝌蚪時就在這
Ladies and gentlemen, Baby Henry...
女士們先生們,亨利寶寶...
One time, his leg got hurt and he had to go to the hospital.
有一次,他的腿受傷了,去了醫院
Who told you that? My mama.
誰告訴你的,我媽媽
Your mother was a beautiful woman.
你媽媽是個美麗的女人
She painted pictures. No, she doesn't.
她會畫畫,她不會
She did.
她會的
She painted the one in my room.
我房間里那幅畫就是她畫的
She's taking me to the movies tomorrow.
她明天要帶我去看電影
Who is? My mother.
誰,我媽媽
You mean Gillian.
你是說吉莉安
That's what I said.
我不是說了是她嗎
Can we get some cotton candy?
我們能去吃棉花糖嗎
Gentlemen, Mrs. Thompson, thank you for a terrific year.
先生們,湯普森夫人,今年合作愉快
Always a pleasure. Happy New Year.
榮欣之至,新年快樂
And to you as well. We'll see you tonight, then?
你也是,今晚見嗎
We'll be looking forward to it.
我們會翹首以待的
Dr. Mason?
梅森醫生
I'm Margaret Thompson.
我是瑪格麗特o湯普森
We met at the holiday luncheon.
我們在午餐會上見過
Yes, of course.
對,沒錯
I was wondering, the woman earlier...
我想問,先前的那個女人...
how is she?
怎么樣了
She's resting, but unfortunately she miscarried.
她正在休息,可惜她小產了
I'm so sorry.
我很遺憾
It was unnecessary.
其實本不該發生的
Her baby's death, it could easily have been prevented.
她的孩子本來不會死
She miscarried most likely due to an E. Coli infection.
她的小產源于大腸桿菌感染
If someone had told her to avoid raw milk,
如果有人告訴她別喝生牛奶
her baby would be alive.
孩子就會活下來
You're on the board of this hospital, mrs. Thompson, are you not?
湯普森夫人,你是董事會成員,對嗎
I am. Then you might be interested to know
沒錯,那你肯定想知道
that we do not provide even the most elementary prenatal care.
我們醫院連最基本的產前護理都沒有
We do not instruct women in nutrition or hygiene.
我們不教女人營養和衛生知識
They are ignorant about their bodies,
她們對自己的身體知之甚少
and what you saw today is the result.
你今天看到的就是后果
And what do you expect me to do?
你希望我怎么做
Nothing.
我不指望你做什么
Move it along, fellas.
動起來,伙計們
I wanna finish up early, bid adieu to '22.
我想早點收工,向一九二二年說再見
Well, look who's slummin'.
瞧瞧誰大駕光臨了
Where's your partner? Eating his lunch.
你的合伙人呢,在吃午飯
Munya, we got company.
穆尼亞,有客人
You don't tell me when the boss comes around?
老板來了你都不提前通報
I just did, for Christ's sake.
上帝啊,我這不是剛說了么
Nucky. What brings you?
努基,有何貴干
I put some feelers out.
我派了線人出去
This Rowland Smith... he's hiding in Willow Grove.
有個羅蘭o史密斯,躲在威洛格羅夫
Your old neck of the woods. Outside Philly.
你的老地盤,費城郊外
Spare him the interrogation
審問就不必了
and leave the body as a message for anyone else who'd like to rob us.
尸體留下,警告那些打我們主意的人
These fuckers need to learn respect.
這群混賬得學會尊重
Is there a problem, Manny?
有問題嗎,曼尼
New Year's Eve.
新年前夜
My wife makes a little party.
我妻子會張羅個小型聚會
You were destitute and desperate.
你曾經貧困絕望
Do you remember how I helped you?
還記得我怎么幫你嗎
And I helped you as well.
我也幫了你
I do this for you,
我替你做這件事
but I want my own still,
但是我要自己的場子
my own operation.
自己的生意
Friends should not become partners.
朋友不應該做同事
Mickey? He's your friend?
米奇,他是你朋友嗎
What else to call the putz?
不然還能怎么稱呼這貨
Okay, Manny. You have yourself a deal.
好吧,曼尼,就這么定了
You won't be sorry.
你不會失望的
Three months from now, I'll be stuffing your pockets with money.
三個月之內,我會讓你鈔票滾滾
Rowland Smith...
羅蘭o史密斯
just make sure he's dead before tomorrow.
明天之前送他上路
No, no, no, no, no! Oh, excuse me.
不不不,不好意思
Excuse me.
不好意思
I'm very... very sorry.
非常非常抱歉
"Every day in every way I am getting better and better."
"每一天每一秒我都越來越好"
"Every day in every way I am getting better and better."
"每一天每一秒我都越來越好"
Good afternoon. My name's George Mueller.
下午好,我是喬治o穆勒
I'm with the Faraday Electric Iron...
來自法拉第電熨斗廠
I thought you were the grocer.
我以為你是賣雜貨的
No, ma'am, I'm with the Faraday... Take it on the arches.
不,夫人,我是法拉第... 別處賣去
Happy New Year.
新年快樂
Hi, Nucky! Hey, great party, Nucky.
你好,努基,努基,晚會很棒
Thanks, Damien.
謝謝,達米安
Hey, Nucky, great to see you.
努基,很高興見到你
The party's swell. Thank you. Hi. How are you?
晚會棒極了,謝謝,近來如何
You look lovely, Margaret. Hey, Nucky.
瑪格麗特,你真漂亮,你好啊,努基
Nice to see you.
很高興見到你
Terrific night, Nucky. Thanks.
今晚真棒,努基,謝謝
You look beautiful, Mrs. Thompson. Well, thank you.
您真漂亮,湯普森太太,謝謝
If I didn't know better,
如果不是有所了解
I'd swear I was in Egypt.
我還以為我已經到了埃及
How did you manage? Oh, we simply studied the photographs.
你們是怎么做到的,只是研究了一些照片
Afraid I'm getting credit where credit's not due.
恐怕這備受贊揚的功績并不屬于我
My wife is responsible for all of this.
全都是我妻子的功勞
Imagine it... a worthless desert far as the eye can see,
想象一下,一望無際的荒涼沙漠
but right there underfoot, a treasure of untold millions.
腳下卻有數不清的財富
I can imagine it, actually.
其實我倒是可以想象的
Excuse us.
失陪
Excuse me a moment. What is it?
失陪一下,怎么了
Bring him down.
讓他下來
Just for a few minutes.
就幾分鐘
Why not?
有何不可
There he is...
他在這兒呢
Pharaoh himself!
法老本尊
Eddie. Glad you could make it. Make it? I wouldn't miss it.
艾迪,你可來了,可來了,我怎么會不來
Easier than a schlep to Egypt.
比去埃及近
And better libation, I'd wager, too.
酒又好,我敢打賭
Probably a safe bet. Only one way to find out.
準贏不輸,喝了才知道
You must be the Boy King.
你一定就是"少年國王"
My boyish charms went out with the horse and buggy.
我的年少魅力早隨昨日遠去
Now this lad here...
可是這里有位小伙子
Hello, handsome. And who would you be?
小帥哥,你是誰呢
Theodore Thompson, ma'am. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
西奧多o湯普森,很高興認識您
Well, I'm Lillian Kent, but you can call me Billie.
我是莉蓮o肯特,你可以叫我貝莉
All my pals do.
朋友們都這么叫
He is darling.
他可真甜
Oh, when he chooses to be.
聽話的時候是的
Is that a real leopard? Teddy.
是真的豹皮嗎,泰迪
With what that furrier dunked me for, I should hope so.
按那毛皮商告訴我的,我覺得應該是
All right, then, back upstairs with you.
好啦,快回樓上去
Ready to sing for our supper?
準備好為晚餐歌唱了嗎
One more and I will be. Oh, make that a double.
再喝一杯就唱,要兩杯
Here's how.
有辦法了
You see that?
看到了嗎
Look closely.
仔細瞧
That's her name.
那是她的名字
"Ange"...
"安吉"
"Angela Darmody."
"安吉拉o達莫迪"
That's my last name. Of course it is.
和我的姓一樣,當然
I want to make a picture.
我想畫畫
Okay.
好
There we go. Hop up.
來,跳上來
What are you drawing? A horse.
你畫的是什么,馬
Very nice.
非常好
You know, she drew me once, your mother.
知道嗎,你母親為我畫過像
A long time ago.
很久以前
What was?
是什么
Gillian. What was a long time ago?
吉莉安,什么很久以前
Mm, the war.
戰爭
Is that a suitable topic?
這話題合適嗎
What are you boys doing? Making a picture,
你們在做什么,畫畫
like my mother. She painted that one.
像我媽媽一樣,那張就是她畫的
I'm your mother now, remember?
現在我是你媽媽了,記得嗎
Yeah.
嗯
Well, come with Mama. It's time for bed.
跟媽媽走,該睡覺了
Good night.
晚安
We're closed.
打烊了
Even for me? Al.
我也不招待嗎,阿爾
I thought Torrio had you on a leash.
托里奧沒把你拴好嗎
Well, he left town and I chewed through it.
他一出城我就跑出來了
Whoops.
誒呀呀
You really wanna do this?
你確定要這樣
Sorry, I... I couldn't hear you.
抱歉,我聽不清
Heyo, Tommy! Where the fuck you been?
湯米,你死到哪兒去了
I beg... Shut your yap and look smart. We got company.
抱歉,閉嘴,放聰明些,有客人在
Now, what were you saying?
你說什么來著
Watch your step, Deanie. This is my joint, Al,
小心著點,迪恩尼,這是我的店,阿爾
on the north side of town.
城市北部
Unless you want a taste of what's in that suitcase there...
除非你想嘗嘗那箱子里的東西
I'd watch my own step, I was you.
我是你的話,就自己小心著點
Come on.
走吧
Jesus!
老天
That was beautiful!
干得漂亮
I don't know who you are, mister, but you just made a pal.
我不知道你是誰,先生,但你剛剛交了個朋友
I'm George Mueller with the Faraday Electric Iron Company.
我是法拉第電熨斗廠的喬治o穆勒
Dean O'Banion. Hey, you married? I am.
迪恩o奧巴尼恩,你結婚了嗎,結了
Yeah? How about this?
是嗎,這樣吧
I'm gonna make you a swell bouquet to take home to Mrs. Mueller, huh?
我來給穆勒夫人包一束漂亮的鮮花
What, is it irons you're selling? Yes, sir.
你賣的東西,是電熨斗嗎,是的,先生
They'll save you hours of...
它們能幫您節省數個小時...
give me two dozen. How's that?
給我來兩打,怎么樣
I...
我
Yes, sir. Thank you.
好的,先生,謝謝你
Well, you're a good man, Mueller.
你是個好人,穆勒
You got a nice poker face.
面無表情的樣子挺嚇人
Hey, you ever want a real job,
什么時候想找份正經活計
just ask around about Deanie O'Banion.
打聽一下迪恩尼o奧巴尼恩的名字
Two dozen? Two dozen.
兩打嗎,兩打
3,000 years ago
三千年之前
King Tut, he reigned, you know
圖坦卡蒙執掌著大權
He must have traveled greatly in his time
他生前一定四處走過很遠很遠
For in his tomb out there was gold and silverware
因為他的墳墓里,金銀器堆積
From big hotels of every land and clime
出處遍布五湖四海世界各地
While going through his royal robes
從那王袍中摸起
They found up in his sleeve
發現他的衣袖里
The first fig leaf that Adam gave to Eve
有片無花果葉正是亞當摘給夏娃的
In old King TutTutTutankhamun's day
圖坦,圖坦卡蒙王統治的日子里
Beneath the tropic skies, King TutTut was very wise
圖坦,圖坦卡蒙王有著深深的智慧
Now old King TutTutTut was always gay
圖坦,圖坦卡蒙王過得舒服又自在
Cleopatra, she sat upon his knee
克里歐佩特拉坐在他懷里
Pat... that's where she sat
她就坐在那里
The girls would dance for him and every move a treat
侍女為他跳舞,每個舞步都是艷福
They'd move and move and move
她們動去又動來
But never move their feet
只是腳跟不離地
A thousand girls would dance each day
舞娘成百上千
With lots of hiphiphip hooray!
熱舞跳到最嗨
In old King TutTutTutTutTutTut
這就是圖坦,圖坦卡蒙王
King Tutty's day
統治的日子
3,000 years ago, in history we know
三千年之前,歷史書里面
King Tutankhamun ruled a mighty land
圖特卡蒙王統治強大的國度
He ruled for many years
他的王朝延續許多年
Amid laughter, song, and tears
有哭泣也有笑語歡顏
He made a record that will always stand
他的功績萬世不朽
They opened up his tomb the other day
在他墳墓打開時候
And jumped with glee...
人們歡呼慶祝
How's about them "Nefertitties"?
怎么沒有"娜芙蒂蒂"
That Cantor... luckiest Yid alive.
那個康托爾,世上最走運的猶太狗
Miss Kent is no typical chorine.
肯特可不是尋常歌手
You speak from experience?
經驗之談嗎
I speak as her landlord, Mr. Yale.
我可是她房東,耶魯先生
The second luckiest Yid alive.
世上第二走運的猶太狗
Apartment house of mine on West 57th.
西五十七街上的一間公寓樓
A tenant.
她是房客
Now Remus has heard everything.
雷穆斯聽到了
You can tell Remus it happens to be true.
你可以告訴雷穆斯,這都是真的
Gyp, you made it.
吉普,你來了
How was the trip down?
路上如何
Flat tire. You believe it?
輪胎壞了,你能相信嗎
Near Tabor Heights, by any chance?
莫非是在塔博爾高地附近
Spent the last eight hours washing grease off my hands.
之前八小時都在洗手上的機油
Aren't you gonna introduce us to your date?
不給我們介紹你的女伴嗎
Of course. Where are my manners? Scruffy,
當然,我太失禮了,小破爛
meet Charlie Luciano.
這位是查理o盧西亞諾
What's that?
什么
She says you remind her of her brother.
她說你讓她想起她哥哥
In your case, that's a compliment.
在你身上,這是恭維
Gyp Rosetti, meet George Remus.
吉普o羅塞蒂,這位是喬治o雷穆斯
A pleasure.
幸會
A little whiskey to warm you up?
來杯威士忌暖暖身子
This one's got ice water in his veins.
他的血管里淌的可是冰水
Take a lot more than whiskey.
光威士忌可不行
Take a lot more than that whiskey.
這樣的威士忌不行
Remus has the good stuff.
雷穆斯有好貨色
Speaking of which, we need to talk.
說到這里,我們需要談談
Getting a lot of demand for rum, and that stuff
需要大量的朗姆酒,等等
Cleopatra requests your presence.
克里歐佩特拉有請
That's okay. I wasn't really interested in finishing my thought.
沒關系,我也不是很想把話說完
Relax, Gyp.
放松點兒,吉普
It's a party.
這可是晚會
A toast from our host!
主人祝酒
Stir the eggnog, raise the toddy.
蛋酒搖一搖,棕櫚酒舉起來
Happy New Year, everybody.
諸位新年快樂
Happy New Year!
新年快樂
To Nucky and Margaret Thompson!
敬努基和瑪格麗特o湯普森
Who ate the last of the sardines?
最后幾條沙丁魚誰吃了
I saw a stray cat go by.
我看到一只流浪貓走過去
Oh, there's liverwurst there as well.
還有豬肝腸呢
Say, Georgie boy! How's tricks?
喬治小子,怎么樣
I made 24 sales.
我賣了二十四個
You don't say. That's quite a haul.
真的嗎,真不錯
Not for a closer like George.
對喬治這樣的推銷商不算什么
Every no is one step closer to a yes. It certainly is.
每次拒絕都是邁向訂單的一步,這是當然
Except you're a day late and a dollar short.
除非你晚到一天,差一美元
Yeah, $500 to be precise.
精確地說,差五百美元
Phil there is the big winner.
菲爾才是贏家
I've got the order slips.
我拿到訂單了
Two dozen irons. That puts me ahead by seven.
兩打熨斗,我領先七個
That's swell, George, and you'll certainly get your commission,
很出色,喬治,你也會拿到提成
but the contest is over. You missed the tally.
但是競賽已經結束了,你錯過了入賬
10:00 P.M., you said.
你說的晚上十點
You don't know onions. Onions?
你不知道洋蔥,洋蔥
Must be all the sawdust between those cauliflowers.
這些菜花里肯定都是木屑
Phil, stop.
菲爾,別說了
The deadline was 9:00, George.
截止時間是九點,喬治
You said 10:00 P.M., Mr. Gulliver.
格列佛先生,你說的是十點
It's after hours. Call me Scotty.
那就下班了,叫我斯科特就行
I'm sure it was 10:00.
我確定是十點
Now, George, you know there's a city ordinance
喬治,你知道,現在有城市法令
that says you can't peddle goods after 9:00.
禁止九點以后的商業活動
What? No, I wasn't aware.
什么,不,我沒聽說
Well, sure. Disturbing the peace.
當然,防止擾亂治安
That's why the deadline was nine bells.
這就是把截止時間定在九點的原因
My wife and I were going to use the prize money to buy a house.
我的妻子和我將會用獎金買一棟房子
Oh, come on, now. Don't be shot to pieces.
行了,別這么傷心
Have a drink. I don't consume alcohol.
來喝一杯,我不喝酒
Well, me? I'm gonna get slopped.
那我可要大醉一場
With no sleep and nearly 30 hours in the air.
一直沒睡覺,飛了三十個小時
Can you imagine soaring through the sky like a bird?
你能想象飛翔在空中像一只小鳥的感覺么
Free?
自由
30 hours to myself is all the freedom I'd need.
三十個小時的自由對我來說足夠了
Ma'am, I'm told we're low on champagne.
夫人,我們的香檳不足了
Thank you. I'll have the bar restocked.
謝謝,我會要求吧臺補充的
Already New Year's back home.
已經要過新年了
Give my best to Katy.
替我問候凱蒂
Oh, Mrs. Thompson, what a spectacular affair.
湯普森太太,聚會太棒了
As a rule, parties bore me,
通常來說,聚會都會讓我感到無聊
but not this one.
但這場除外
I'm so glad you're enjoying yourselves. Oh, we are, very much.
你們玩的開心我很高興,我們確實很開心
Dr. Landau, the woman who came in today
蘭道先生,今天來的那個女人
As I said, I'm sorry you had to see that.
我很抱歉讓你看到
Female patient. Very sad. Yes.
一個女病人,非常傷心
I was speaking with one of the doctors.
我和一個醫生談過
He thought it might be a good idea
他認為如果醫院能夠
if the hospital offered some kind of instruction for women
提供一些指導的話會很不錯
health instruction, prenatal care.
健康指導,產前護理
Oh, really? Which doctor was that?
真的么,是哪位醫生
I I don't recall his name.
我記不得他的名字了
Older gentleman.
一位老先生
His point was the entire situation could have been prevented.
他的意思是這個情況本可以被避免
Excuse me?
您說什么
How's everyone doing?
大家還好么
Sweeten those for you? You might have to.
香檳還合口味么,也許你也需要點
Your wife's just been lecturing me
你的妻子剛剛在指責我
on our hospital's complicity in a woman's miscarriage.
關于在我們醫院流產的一個婦女的問題
No, I Negligent, were we?
不,我,我們疏忽了,不是么
That's not what I meant.
那不是我的意思
I'm sure it wasn't.
當然
Why are we talking shop on New Year's Eve?
我們為什么不談談除夕購物的事
Oh, look!
看呢
It's Howard Carter himself,
是霍華德o卡特本尊
back from the Valley of the Kings
他從帝王谷為各位來賓
with New Year's baubles for all our guests.
帶來了新年禮物
Everyone, please come and partake of King Tut's treasure.
各位,請上前帶走圖坦法老的寶藏
A scarab brooch for you, Mrs. Landau?
給您一枚圣甲蟲別針怎么樣,蘭道太太
A tiepin for you, Doctor?
給您一枚領帶別針如何,醫生
Why, it's beautiful.
真漂亮
Step on up, everyone.
大家請上前
Please, help yourselves.
隨便拿
These are real diamonds.
這些是真鉆石
Richard, I was wondering if I might have a word.
理查德,能不能和你談談
Of course.
當然
Do you like living here?
你喜歡住在這么
Yes.
喜歡
Then I'd appreciate if you'd stop filling Tommy's head
那我希望你不要再給湯米講
with stories about the past.
那些過去的故事了
It's all very painful for him.
對他來說太痛苦
I understand.
我明白了
I knew you would.
我就知道你會明白
Are you going out this evening?
你今晚要出去么
Yes. To meet a friend.
是的,去見個朋友
Well, enjoy yourself.
玩的高興點
And let's look to the future.
讓我們向未來看
Hold it right there.
停在那
I understand there's a game over at the Traymore.
我聽說在特雷摩爾那邊有賭局
Not if they hear you're coming.
要是他們聽到你要去就沒有了
In the mood, George?
想玩么,喬治
Remus shuns gambling.
雷穆斯不喜歡賭博
Look, another mummy.
看呢,又來一個木乃伊
My apologies, gentlemen.
先生們,抱歉
I trust you've been enjoying yourselves.
我相信你們今天玩的都挺愉快吧
We're getting real friendly.
我們今天真的很友好
I promised this Yid I'd stick it only halfway in.
我給這個猶太佬保證我最多也就撐到一半
As I was saying,
我說過了
I'll do 500 cases a month of rum, plus
我一個月需要五百箱朗姆酒,還有
I need to stop you.
我要打斷一下你
I won't be selling you alcohol anymore.
我不再賣酒了
Things have changed. How come?
情況已經變了,為什么
It's not really your concern.
和你沒關系
Exactly the kind of highhanded attitude that makes
正是這種專橫霸道的態度讓...
I've got friends in politics, highly placed friends.
我在政界有朋友,地位非常高的朋友
As a favor to them
算是幫他們一個忙
and for my own peace of mind,
也是為了讓我自己少些麻煩
I prefer to simplify things.
我想化繁從簡
Well, I got money, you got booze.
我有錢,你有酒
What could be simpler than that?
還有比這更簡單的么
That I sell to one buyer only.
我只賣給一家
Effective immediately, I'll be exporting exclusively
即刻生效,大西洋城的酒只獨家供應給
from Atlantic City to Mr. Rothstein.
羅斯坦先生
If you'd like, you can buy directly from him.
如果你愿意,可以去找他買
At a 50% markup.
加百分之五十的費用
You could always buy from Brooklyn.
你可以從布魯克林進貨
Bill Lovett, PegLeg Lonergan.
比爾o洛維特,瘸子朗尼根
Those Paddies won't sell to Italians.
那些愛爾蘭人不會把酒賣給意大利人
Sorry, boys.
先生們,抱歉
New Year, new rules.
新年新規矩
See, that makes sense.
這樣講得通了
Chink I know, runs a laundry
我認識一個開洗衣店的中國人
tells me '23 is the Year of the Pig.
告訴我一九二三年是豬年
This is a business decision, Mr. Rosetti.
羅塞蒂先生,這是經營策略
I come all the way down here, put up with car trouble...
我走了這么遠的路,還遇到車輛故障
We all got the same news.
我們都聽說了
Yeah, but we ain't all in the same fuckin' boat.
是,但我們待遇卻不一樣
I'm gettin' squeezed on all sides here
我被你們各種排擠
No, fuck you, Frank.
閉嘴,去你媽的,弗蘭克
Your fuckin' rathole bar and your warehouse in Canarsie?
你在卡納西的破酒吧和窯子
I don't see you doing me any favors, amico.
我看不出那對我有什么幫助,朋友
And you you smug kike midget,
還有你,你這個自鳴得意的猶太小矮子
creeping around like a fucking dentist with the ether.
左右不得罪,里外裝人
Why don't you watch your fuckin' step
你注意點
Why don't you go sit in the corner, short pants?
你給我一邊待著去,小屁孩
And then there's you
還有你
a fuckin' breadstick in a bow tie.
你這根戴著領結的長棍面包
You pastyfaced, cocksucking
你這張老臉,惡心人的
You must be tired, Mr. Rosetti.
你一定是累壞了,羅塞蒂先生
That can make a man irritable.
疲勞會讓一個人易怒
You need some rest. I need 500 cases of rum.
你需要休息,我需要五百箱朗姆酒
You and your men my guests at the Ritz.
你和你的手下,請到麗茲酒店休息,我做東
What, you think I can't float my own hotel room?
干什么,你覺得我自己開不起房間么
I'm making a goodwill gesture.
我是出于友好的表示
Accept it or not.
愿不愿意接受在你
How about I make one, too? You'll not do it here.
我也來表示一下如何,你沒這個能力
I'll shit you out like yesterday's sausage,
你就是我昨天吃完香腸拉出來的屎
you bogtrotting prick.
你這個混蛋
You're making my decision very easy.
你讓我的決定更加容易了
Nobody here can take a joke.
這里的人都這么沒有幽默感
ten, nine, eight, seven, six...
十,九,八,七,六
five, four, three, two, one...
五,四,三,二,一
Happy New Year!
新年快樂
Look, it's Father Time!
看呢,是時光老人
Here come the New Year's babies!
還有新年寶寶
Thanks for a lovely evening.
今晚我過的很開心
For your kids.
送給你的孩子們
Champagne.
香檳
I thought he was sleeping through the night.
我以為他早就睡了
Sometimes he's hungry still.
有時候會餓醒
How's Abigail's cold?
阿比蓋爾的感冒怎么樣了
Better.
好多了
I lost.
我輸了
This year will be more lucky.
今年會更幸運
These flowers are for you.
這些花送給你
Thank you for coming.
謝謝你能來
Always lovely to see you.
很高興能來
Well...
好啊
we made it 1923.
我們成功迎來了一九二三年
It's hard to believe, isn't it?
很難相信是吧
In some ways I wish the world would slow down.
有些時候我希望世界能慢下來
Hmm, you have the right attitude, dear.
你的態度很不錯,親愛的
Good night now. Good night.
晚安,晚安
How dare you? I beg your pardon?
你好大的膽子,你說什么
Don't ever drag me into a situation like that again.
別再把我拉到這樣的情況之中了
What situation? Your issues, whatever your cause is this time.
什么情況,你的問題,不管這次是因為什么
My name is on that hospital. As is mine.
我的名字在那家醫院上,我也是
And it's not to provide you with a bully pulpit.
但那不是你讓你用來教訓他們的
You come and go as you please and I do all that's required of me.
你想來就來,想走就走,我也都聽你的
Everything you do is because I paid for it.
你能這么做是因為我付錢了
Don't pretend you don't enjoy playing the benefactor.
別裝作你不喜歡當善人的角色
You made me a benefactor by giving that land away.
不是你讓我把那塊地讓出去我也不用當善人
I had no ch
我沒有
Is it New Year's yet?
新年到了么
Yes, dear.
是的,親愛的
Could you not sleep?
你睡不著么
Tips for the staff.
給員工們的紅包
The bishop's office called.
主教辦公室來電話了
They need an answer regarding the St. Gregory award.
關于圣格里高利獎的問題
When is it? A week from Tuesday.
什么時候,一周之后
I'll think about it.
我記下了
Happy New Year.
新年快樂
Maybe I come later.
也許過會我還回來
Why, Miss Kent.
怎么了,肯特小姐
Surprised? I'm shocked.
驚訝么,是震驚
What happened to Cleopatra?
埃及艷后怎么了
I'd say she flipped her wig.
她把假發摘了
Enjoy yourself tonight?
今晚開心么
I've never had so much fun pretending I didn't know someone.
我還從沒有如此開心的不認識一個人
The only place I can truly rest my head.
唯一能讓我好好歇歇的地方
Well, you're not resting yet.
還不到休息的時候
Here she comes! Wave to her! Wave!
她來了,跟她招手,招手