日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 影視英語 > 美劇學習 > 大西洋帝國 > 大西洋帝國第二季 > 正文

大西洋帝國第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第10集:旅游旺季即將到來

來源:可可英語 編輯:sophie ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼可進行跟讀訓練
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機

Charges of crookedness

關于去年
relating to last year's world series are emerging.
世界棒球總決賽的假球指控
Speculation.
捕風捉影罷了
The world series was months ago, lawyer Fallon,
棒球總決賽是幾個月前的事了, 法倫律師
and the horseshit hasn't dried yet.
風頭依然沒有過去
Go wait in the car.
去車里等
Why even put Van Alden on the stand?
為什么要讓范·奧爾登出庭作證?
He'll be handy for the Volstead violations.
他出庭更有利于證明違法禁酒令的行為
We'll rehearse him on those.
我們要再核實一遍
He's got Thompson ordering 12 homicides with no proof.
他說湯姆森唆使謀殺了12個,卻沒有證據
Including his mistress's husband.
包括謀殺了他情人的丈夫
You and your friend Eli responded to a domestic disturbance
你和你"朋友"伊萊接到了
regarding a Hans Schroeder.
對漢斯·施羅德的投訴出警
Who?
Angela. Louise.
安吉拉·路易斯
Call a strike. You sure this what you want?
舉行罷工, 你確定想那樣嗎?
Doesn't matter to me. Go on, give it to 'em.
我無所謂, 去吧,煽動他們罷工
We want a raise.
我們要加薪
See how I'm moving your foot? Now you do it.
看見我在掰你的腳了嗎?你照做一遍
Are you trying?
你有做嗎?
It's polio, isn't it?
是小兒麻痹癥對嗎?
She has all the symptoms.
她出現了所有小兒麻痹癥的癥狀
Thompson sub machine guns.
湯姆森牌機關槍
There are 3,000 sitting in the Atlantic city armory.
大西洋城軍火庫里有3000把
And what do you want for them, Mr Thompson?
你想用來換什么,湯姆森先生?
Irish whiskey all I can get. I'll present it to the leadership.
愛爾蘭威士忌,有多少要多少, 我會轉告領導層的
1,000 machine guns for 10,000 cases of whiskey.
1萬箱威士忌換1000把機關槍
I understand you have governmentbonded whiskey to sell.
我了解到,你有政府貼牌的威士忌出售
The five of us are willin' to kick in
我們五個人
60 grand a piece. We do things right,
每人愿意出6萬美元進貨, 我們做得好的話
It'll be worth three million. Manny Horvitz.
這批貨可以賣到300萬美元,曼尼o霍瓦茨
Pay him I'll take care of it.
還錢給他, 我會處理的
You lost two men last month. Manny did the shooting.
上個月你損失了兩個手下, 曼尼殺的人
Okay, break's over.
好了,休息時間結束
Okay, slowly. Bring her down.
好,慢慢地,放下來
Easy easy, good good.
慢點,慢點,好,好
Hold up, hold up!
停住,停住
Go left!
往左點
Won't you strut, miss Lizzie?
別在趾高氣揚地走,莉齊小姐
get busy! I wanna see you walk...
忙起來!我想看你走路。
Bring her down. for the folks I'll state
放下來吧,我要向人們陳述
the way you syncopate
你走路的樣子
hears the whole town talk
聽到整個城鎮的人都在討論
when you move so pretty, it's a pity
當你走路時那么美麗,只是可惜的是
the other girlies frown
別的女孩都在皺眉
but the men you meet
但是你遇到的男人
like the way you shake your feet
就像你搖擺腳的方式
oh, knock 'em dizzy, strut, miss Lizzie brown!
使他們感到眩暈,趾高氣揚地走,莉齊小姐
going down the street, by the school
沿著街道走,路過了學校
pat your feet, you steppin' fool!
輕拍你的腳
strut your stuff, use your kerch
支撐你的東西,用你的刻赤
trot your tootsies by the church
你的小腳小跑的教堂
through the alley, dodge the cans
穿過小巷,躲避易拉罐
shake Miss Ellie's pots and pans
搖晃艾莉小姐鍋碗瓢盆,
cool your dogs, we're comin' through
讓你的狗冷靜,我們來了
get set, Lennox avenue!
到達倫諾克斯大道
From the book of Deuteronomy, 24:14,
《舊約-申命記》第二十四章,十四段
"thou shall not oppress a hired servant
"困苦窮乏的雇工
who is poor and needy,
無論是你的弟兄
whether he be of thy brethren,
或是
or of thy strangers that are in thy land
在你城里寄居的
within thy gates." Brothers,
你不可欺負他"兄弟們
the lord knew that fairness was not something
主知道,公平可不是
to be parceled out by those in power
靠那些掌權者
like so many crusts of bread!
如分發面包皮一般施舍的
The lord knew that decency and fairness are commitment
主更知道,對于那些勤懇工作的人
to those who served faithfully that they too
將來得到
will be served in turn. Amen. Amen!
尊嚴和公平, 阿門,阿門
So that the strong
以致于掌權者
and the weak shall know each other.
與弱者會彼此了解
Amen. And know the truth.
阿門,并同時明白
That the strong are not as mighty
掌權者并沒有他們想得那樣強大
as they may think. And the weak have mercy
而弱者的寬容
not as feeble as they may appear.
亦沒有表面那般無用
The lord knew that civility
主知道
was not just an accommodation.
客氣只不過是暫時的
The lord knew, in his infinite wisdom,
智慧的主知道
that decency and fairness
獲得尊嚴和公平
was a solemn Christian duty to those...
是一項基督教莊嚴的職責...對那些...
Are you the man to see?
你是管事的嗎?
Unless there's someone else in here with his thumb in his ass.
不然還有誰
Nucky Thompson sent me.
努基·湯姆森派我來的
I thought he hung 'em up.
我以為他洗手不干了
A man can't have a hobby?
就不能重抄舊業了?
There's not a lot of call for oats at the moment.
這個時候可沒人要燕麥片
That real? Straight from the old girl's tit.
真酒? 釀酒廠直接出來的
$30 a case, it's less than half the going rate.
30美元一箱,比市場價的一半還便宜
Who's gonna serve it? They'll be back.
罷工了誰來侍應呢?他們會復工的
Are you an expert on labor relations?
你對勞工這么了解?
I know what an empty stomach feels like.
我知道饑腸轆轆的感覺
Someday this strike will end, sir.
總有一天罷工會結束的,先生
And so will our deal on this
同樣這么好的愛爾蘭威士忌
fine Irish whiskey.
不買的話也會沒有的
Get me 400 cases.
我要400箱
You seem quite at home with this.
你似乎很會哄孩子
Ja, being the oldest of seven children,
嗯,七個兄弟姐們,我是老大
it's always been.
所以會哄孩子
My mother tells the story
我母親告訴我
of how when I am six,
我六歲的時候
I try to feed my baby sister
試著用自己的胸部
through my bosom.
給妹妹喂奶
I wish I had milk for you.
真希望我有奶喂你
Ja, I do.
是的,我希望
Ja, I do.
是的,我希望
There's some money for groceries.
這些錢是買雜貨的
Some shortbread cookies would
酥油餅干的話...
when did this come? Why didn't I get this?
這信何時收到的?為什么沒給我?
Yesterday. I leave it for you there.
昨天收到的,我放那里等你看到
I am to receive all correspondence from Mrs Van Alden immediately.
范·奧爾登夫人寄來的信件都要立刻給我
Ja. I I thought you see it.
是,我...我以為你會看到的
Oh, come on.
別哭了
Give the burp for to me.
喂得太飽了
Mrs Schroeder.
施羅德夫人
Mr Thompson. Dr Holt
湯姆森先生,霍爾特醫生
It's nice to see you. This is Theodore.
很高興見到你,這是Theodore
What do you say? How do you do, sir?
禮貌呢?您好嗎,先生?
How is she, doctor?
她怎么樣了,醫生?
Sleeping. Bit of a rough patch
睡著呢,她有點小麻煩
nausea and such. Why did no one ring me?
惡心反胃之類的, 為什么沒人打電話通知我?
I would've stayed the night.
我可以陪夜的
I know how hard this is for you,
我了解你此刻的心情
but she's in good hands here.
但在這里她會被悉心照料的
She'll need your love and patience later on.
她會在以后的日子里需要你的愛和耐心的
Later when?
以后是什么時候?
You can go on in if you'd like.
你想的話,可以進去探望
Come on, slugger. But very quiet.
走吧,"擊球手"不過聲音要輕
Little cat feet.
貓手貓腳地
Her lungs are sound.
她有肺音
Nerves to the heart and upper limbs seem unaffected.
心臟和上肢神經似乎未受感染
But the damage to her legs could be extensive.
但她腿部的癱瘓可能會持續下去
Will she be crippled?
她會成瘸子嗎?
At this stage it's impossible to say.
目前階段很難判斷
I've seen children
我曾見過病情比她更糟的
worse than her make a complete recovery.
最后安全康復了
Mr Thompson is a man of means.
湯姆森先生是個有錢人
If there's anything to be done
如果有什么地方需要...
wish it were as simple as money.
要是錢的話,倒還好辦了
There are things that are out of our control,
雖然我不想這么說
as much as I want to tell you otherwise.
但有些事情不是我們可以控制的
My little girl?
我的女兒
She's nine.
她九歲
She says a prayer for these kids every night.
她每晚都為這些孩子祈禱
She doesn't know them.
她并不認識他們
I never taught her to do it.
我從來沒教她這么做
You're meant to ask God to intercede for other
你是說向上帝求助
I've always found it hard not ask for myself.
我覺得不為自己要做到很難
We'll get the results
周五最新的診斷結果
from the latest test by Friday
就會出來了
and have an answer then.
到時候就有答案了
Go in and see your daughter.
進去看你女兒吧
Okay, dear, come on.
好,親愛的,來吧
Right leg first. There you go.
右腳先來,就這樣
Now isn't that getting easier?
是不是變得容易了?
Good boy.
乖孩子
Good morning, my darling.
早上好,親愛的
How are you feeling?
你感覺怎么樣?
All right. We missed you so much.
還好,我們很想念你
And look what I brought.
看我帶什么來了
What happened to Miss Wheatley?
"惠特利小姐"呢?
This is Miss Wheatley's sister.
這是惠特利小姐的妹妹
She's here to visit and she insisted on seeing you.
她來這里探望,堅持要見見你
Here. Aww.
拿去
Do you like her lovely curly hair
你喜歡她的漂亮卷發嗎?
Is it like yours? Your hair's prettier.
是不是和你的很像? 你的頭發更漂亮些
She's very pretty.
她非常漂亮
Jesus. Easy.
天納,少放點
We're not making popskull here.
我們又不是真的釀酒
Hiya, boys. Checking up on your investment?
好啊,伙計們,來視察你們的投資嗎?
Yeah, try not to lose this batch.
沒錯,別把這批貨再搞砸了
"Property of the U.S. government."
"美國政府擁有"
Not anymore, it ain't.
不再是了
To George Remus.
敬喬治·瑞摩斯
So how long? We're halfway done.
還要多久? 才弄到一半
A week around the clock will take care of the rest.
再有一周時間可以處理完
That's too long.
拖太久了
I just got the 10 guys. Hire 50.
我手里才10個人干活, 雇50個
You got those spooks marching on the boardwalk,
你可以雇在木板路上示威的黑鬼
pinch a few of them. Chalky will love that.
挖一些個來,可不會同意的
I didn't say ask his permission. I gotta unload this stuff,
我可沒說要他批準, 我得趕快套現
get home. Fuckin' Torrio's on my ass
回家,他媽的Torrio開始催我了
Rothstein's sniffing around too. He knows something's up.
羅思坦也開始起疑心了,他察覺出不對勁了
Yeah, we all got business, right?
嗯,我們各自都有事纏身
There's Manny Horvitz too. Yeah, what about him?
還有曼尼·霍瓦茨呢, ,他怎么了?
He's running a special on lips and assholes this week.
他這周剛躲過一次暗殺
What do you think? Fuckin' pay him already.
你以為呢? 那就還他錢
Cash? Booze, whatever.
還現金,用酒抵,隨便怎么著
He's Waxey Gordon's problem now, not mine.
他現在是瓦克西·戈登的問題了,不是我的
Darmody, hold up
等下 達莫迪
I been wanting to show you something.
我想給你看點東西
What are youse looking at? Get back to work.
你們瞎東張西望什么?回去干活
You can sniff it, smoke it or inject it.
可以用吸的,抽的或者注射
Nice, Sal. You moving chink drugs now?
真好,Sal,你開始賣中國佬的毒品了?
It ain't hop, it's heroin.
這不是鴉片,是海洛因
And I wouldn't think a whoremeister'd pass judgment.
我才不關心皮條客怎么評價
Heroin delivers a higher dose of opiates
海洛因對大腦的麻醉效果
to the brain than opium which makes for a happier customer.
遠高于鴉片...更容易讓人上癮
No bottles, no barrels.
不用裝瓶,不用裝桶
A million bucks in a suitcase.
一百萬的貨一個手提箱就裝下了
What's the bank? Huh?
誰當"銀行"? 啊?
Who's gonna buy it? You got your artist types,
誰會來買? 你城里不是有些藝術家
people uptown. I seen this one How many?
我有看見過, 有多少人?
Their numbers may be very small right now,
目前來說數量可能非常小
but they're very enthusiastic.
但他們會非常感興趣的
Here get a few samples out to the local
拿著...拿點樣品給本地人試試
All right, that's great. But before you start squawking again,
行,沒問題,不過在你嘮叨之前
how about getting this out the locals?
不如先把這玩意賣出去吧?
I don't know what tell you, Nucky.
我不知道要怎么告訴你,努基
I'm extremely disappointed.
我極度的失望
Okay, try that again.
嗯,再重復一遍
Only this time leave out the part
只是這次說話的口氣
where you sound like my mother.
別跟我媽似的
This Esther Randolph, she's relentless.
這個Esther Randolph,一點都不留情面
The trial will be in Camden. I've made calls
開庭地點定在卡姆敦,我打了不少通電話...
You've made calls?
你打了不少通電話?
Worth every penny.
真是物有所值啊
Daugherty? Says he did what he could;
多爾蒂那邊呢? 他說他已經竭盡所能了
that you two are square. Your desk ready for use.
你倆已經互不相欠了, 您的辦公桌備好了
You hear that, Nicky? My desk which used to be in my suite
你聽見沒,尼基?,我掌控這座城市時在套房里辦公
when I ran the fucking city is ready for use.
現在淪落到這地步了
Is there gonna be anything else? No.
還有別的事情嗎? 沒了
Thank you, Harlan. Mr Thompson.
謝謝, 哈倫·湯姆森先生
Now why don't you tell me what you have in mind
你現在不如告訴我,你有什么辦法
to keep this trial in Atlantic county,
可以讓案子在大西洋縣開庭
where I can work the judge and jury?
這樣我可以做做法官和陪審團的工作
Medical hardship.
健康原因
You mean this?
你說這個嗎?
This wouldn't even stop me from jacking off!
這甚至都不妨礙我手淫
You'll get five years. You'll be out in two
會判你五年,兩年就可以出來了...
Eddie!
埃迪
Call those two Guinea anarchists from Massachusetts.
打電話給馬薩諸塞的那兩個意大利無政府主義者
Tell them to relax, I've found them a new lawyer.
告訴他們別擔心,我替他們找到新律師了
The difference being
你與Sacco和Vanzetti
with Sacco and Vanzetti
不同之處在于
that innocence is still a possibility.
他們可能是無辜的,(無政府主義者Ferdinando Nicola Sacco和Bartolomeo Vanzetti涉嫌1920年持槍搶劫殺害兩人,經過有爭議的審判和數次上訴,1927年8月23日被執行死刑,期間引發了程序正義的爭論)
Did you want something? Get the fuck out.
有什么需要? 滾出去
I was talking to you. I realize that.
我是對你說的, 我意識到了
Good. Then you should also realize you're fired.
很好,那你應該也意識到你被解雇了
300 empty rooms,
300間空房
500 pounds of peaches darker than the help
500磅的桃子爛在那里
and a tourist season that's slipping through my fingers.
旅游旺季就這么報銷了
And why? Because no one here
為什么呢?就因為這里沒人
can get the colored situation under control.
可以平息黑人罷工
It should've been dealt with a month ago.
本該一個月前就處理了
like your father dealt with Chalky White.
就像你父親處理喬基·懷特一樣
I don't want to owe the klan on this one.
我不想在這事上欠3K黨的情
They got the job done.
他們辦事牢靠
why do you think we're this mess to begin with?
你為什么不想想,事情是怎么鬧起來的?
Because these jigaboos all think they're Moses.
因為這群黑鬼都以為自己是摩西
Half them are named that anyway.
一半的黑鬼還都姓Moses呢
No no.
不行,不行
No! It's all right.
不行,行了
Don't get worked up. He's trying to speak.
別動怒, 他想說什么
God damn it. The I'll take care of it.
該死的... 我會處理的
Okay, pop?
行嗎,爸?
Yes?
好嗎?
You're going to negotiate. What?
你們坐下跟他們談判,什么?
Settle it, get back to business. Ed!
談妥了,生意繼續,Ed
Hear him out,Dan. Nickel raise across the board.
聽他說完丹,無非加幾個銅板
Are you saying you can't afford it? Nobody ever does that, kid.
你意思是你承受不起嗎? 沒有人開過這個先例,孩子
It's nothing compared to what you're losing.
相比你們現在的損失,剛才不算什么
And next year? The year after that?
明天再罷工呢?后年呢?
Where will it end?
何時是個頭?
Memorial Day, people come; Labor day, people go.
陣亡將士紀念日,游客爆滿,勞動節,游客回程
That's what we've got.
這就是現狀
That's where we make money.
這就是我們掙錢的時間
We give in to them now No! No.
我們現在妥協的話, 不行,不行
Gentlemen, my father needs to rest
先生們,我父親要休息了
Please. Jimmy...
吉米,請
Do what we're paying you to do
收人錢財,與人消災
End this.
想辦法結束罷工
I think you're handling this in the right way
我認為,你處理的方法很對
No, you don't.
對,對個毛
50 guys with Billy clubs.
比伊俱樂部有50人待命
That's the ticket. Are you serious?
就要這么搞,你是認真的?
How do you think these things get handled?
你以為這種事情要怎么處理?
Look what happened back in '09 the steeplecase?
想想09年的事...跑馬賽,(參加跑馬賽的馬不聽話)
Tossed 'em straight off the pier.
把他們從鋼橋上丟下去
"Look, mammy, I swimming!"
"看,媽咪,我在劃水"
I'm not starting a riot. There won't be one.
我不要引發騷亂,不會引發的
They're in, they're out; Shines get something to chew on.
死了總會有新的人頂上,太陽每天照常升起
Right, commodore? Who's your man out there?
對吧,準將? 你手下誰在巡邏?
Halloran's on it. Old raging Ray?
哈洛倫在當班, "舞弊Ray"
What's that mean?
什么意思?
Nothing. I had another hearttoheart
沒什么,上周我和漂亮的女檢察官
With our lovely lady lawyer last week,
又進行了一次親密談話
saw him sitting out there with his guts in a knot.
看見他坐在外面直打顫
I told him not to talk to her.
我告訴過他,不要和她說話
I tell him, "Ray, whatever she asks about the election,
我告訴他,"Ray,不管她問到什么關于選舉的事
just say Nucky made you do it. Take your lollipop and go home."
只要說是努基指示的,完事就帶著警棍回家"
Sure, that's how you swing it. Jeez.
嗯,你就是這么混過去的,天吶
Some people, huh?
他真夠笨的,是吧?
You're intending to follow this strategy?
你打算照著這個辦法行事?
Which one?
哪個?
The Billy clubs or throwing them at the pier?
比伊俱樂部的人出面,或者把他們丟下海
I can't choose.
我無從選擇
Your predecessor knew how to keep the colored happy.
你的前任知道如何安撫黑人
All right. This is what we got. I'm not Nucky, ok?
好吧,現實擺在面前,我不是努基,好吧?
Now at we got that out of the way,
現在形勢已經失控了
let's figure how to end this peaceful
讓我們想想如何和平解決...
Why don't you
你不如
just show 'em your cunt?
就告訴他們你是娘們?
What?
什么?
You heard me.
你聽到我說的了
Why don't you just
你不如就
lift up your dress
穿好裙子
and let yourself get fucked?
讓他們操你得了?
Get me a fucking drink. Yes sir, commodore.
給我倒杯酒, 是,準將
When I lay down to sleep,
每當我睡前
I pray the lord my soul to keep.
我向主祈求,保佑我的靈魂
If I should die before I wake,
如果我在睡夢里死去的話
pray the lord my soul to take.
祈求主帶走我的靈魂
Shall we say a special prayer for Emily?
為艾米麗祈禱一下嗎?
And please make my sister Emily get better.
請讓我的妹妹艾米麗快點好起來
Good night, sweet prince.
晚安,小王子
Mama? Yes dear?
媽媽? 怎么了,親愛的?
I can't move my legs.
我的腿沒知覺了
What?
什么?
I can't move my
我的腿沒...
Can you feel that?! No.
你能感覺到嗎? 不能
You were just praying.
你們剛才還在祈禱
God help me, but he's got his father's cruelty.
上帝保佑我吧,他居然遺傳了他父親的鐵石心腸
He just wants attention.
他只是想引起重視
His sister's lying crippled in the hospital.
他妹妹還躺在醫院里
He knows that.
他知道這點
Not the same as understanding.
知道未必體諒
What am I to do?
我要怎么做?
Abandon my sick baby girl to attend my healthy son?
遺棄生病的女兒,關注健康的兒子嗎?
Before anything else you're to stop running yourself ragged.
你已經精疲力盡了
I have to be in New York tomorrow.
我明天要去紐約
Just for the day.
只住一天就回來
I'll take Teddy with me.
我會帶上泰迪
It'll give you a chance to rest.
這樣你有時間休息了
What will you be doing there?
你去那里干什么?
Hiring a new lawyer.
請個新律師
You can't leave him alone. I won't.
你不能撇下他一個人,我不會的
And please see that he brushes his teeth.
記得監督他刷牙
Okay.
好的
And make sure that he keeps his fingers from his nose.
還有讓他不要挖鼻子
It's a revolting habit
這是個惡心的習慣
but then the Holy Spirit revives my soul again
但是圣靈使我的靈魂再次復活
there is balm
有芳香
In Gilead to make the wounded whole here is a balm
在基列,使受傷的,這里是一個香膏
to make in Gilead... ? ole
使在基列
Hold the line!
排成一線
Oh my God! o al the ssick soul.
上帝啊
No no!
不,不
Mr Thompson. I've heard only good things.
湯姆森先生,我久仰大名
Not from me, of course.
當然了,不是我說的
Well, at certainly narrows down the list of suspects.
嗯,輕松把嫌疑人數縮減到最小
You like baseball? Yes.
你喜歡棒球嗎? 喜歡
Ty Cobb signed this. Now it's yours.
泰普·酷伯親筆簽名的,送你了
What do you say, Teddy?
要怎么說 泰迪?
Ty Cobb is a bad man.
泰普·酷伯是壞人
He doesn't like to be crossed, at for sure.
他確實人緣不佳
But if your team's down, he's the guy you want at bat.
但如果你的球隊比分落后,他絕對是你想依靠的對象
Now go on, kiddo.
去吧,孩子
Come on, Teddy. How about a nice glass of milk?
來,泰迪,喝杯牛奶怎么樣?
So your case
談談你的案子
Arnold tells me you'd like to go in a new direction.
阿諾德告訴我,你希望案子想往新的方向發展
Preferably away from jail.
最好不用坐牢
This Ginsburg you had defending you...
這個為你辯護的Ginsburg...
he's lost his main focus
他粉末倒置了
or something he does when he's not shoeing horses?
或者說他沒有照方抓藥?
I hope the meter's not running.
我希望還沒開始計時收費
I'd hate to think I'm paying to hear what fool I am.
我不想讓自己覺得,我是付錢來聽自己有多蠢
That part's on the house.
開場白不收錢
Once you get past Mr Fallon's charm,
一旦你雇了法倫先生
I think you'd find him quite effective.
我想你會發現他非常之效率
Can you get the venue changed back to Atlantic City?
你能把開庭地點改回大西洋城嗎?
Probably not. But if there's
可能不行,不過要是
a seed of dot to be sown on your behalf,
你請我做代理律師
I am quite effective with juries.
我搞定陪審團非常有一手
And all this farming will set me back what?
那么收費標準是?
$80 per hour.
每小時80美元
Which also buys you my uncanny ability to make friends with judges.
同時我與法官的私人關系會使你受益匪淺
And if I told you I had no money for bribes?
那我要是告訴你,我沒錢賄賂呢?
Then you'd be relying solely on my legal acumen.
那么你就只能依靠我的辯護技巧了
What would you do, Arnold?
換做你,你怎么做,阿諾德
No one likes a long shot more than a gambler.
沒人比賭徒更喜歡放長線釣大魚了
Come in.Eli.
進來,伊萊
Fresh peas,
新鮮豌豆
from June's garden.
瓊自己種的
What do I do with them?
我這樣要怎么弄?
Have your landlady boil 'em up.
讓女房東煎一下
How you feeling? How do you think?
你感覺怎么樣? 你說的?
Yeah. What happened out there?
嗯,發生了什么?
Two of 'em came up behind me.
兩個家伙從背后襲擊了我
Sons of bitches.
狗娘養的
I was standing off by the railings.
我當時站在欄桿邊上
What we're gonna do,
等你痊愈了
you're back on your feet,
我們這么著
we drive around the northside, you point out these black bastards.
我們開車去北邊,你指認出打你的王八蛋
They weren't dinges, Eli.
打我的不是黑人,伊萊
They were the breakers. I mean
他們這幫暴徒,我是說
normal white men!
是普通白人
Really? I couldn't believe it.
真的? 我不敢相信
They think you were someone else?
他們認錯人了?
Who else would I be? I'm wearing the brown.
會把我認錯嗎?我當時穿得警服
Well, there's a puzzlement.
嗯,這倒蹊蹺了
You get me. I can hardly fucking talk.
我覺得也是,我他媽都沒法說話了
Well, it ain't like you got anything else you wanna say, is there?
嗯,好像你確實也沒什么話想說,有嗎?
What I think, Ray, when things go wrong
我是這么想的,Ray,每當有倒霉事降臨時...
"What did I do?
"我做了什么?
Why do I deserve this?"
為什么我會遭殃?"
I don't deserve it.
我不該遭殃
My philosophy it goes in here,
我的觀點是...有秘密
it comes out somewhere else.
就要守口如瓶
God?
上帝?
Fate?
天數?
I don't know what you call it.
我不知道你怎么稱呼它的
"What did I do?
"我做了什么?
What should I make sure
我怎么確保
I never...
我永遠...
ever...
不會...
do again?"
再犯?"
Good time to reflect about it.
好好想想就明白了
Butter, salt delicious.
加點黃油,加點鹽,美味得不得了
Get me the post office
轉接郵局
Mrs Schroeder.
施羅德夫人
Father.
神父
Is something wrong?
出什么事了?
My youngestEmily,
我的女兒,艾米麗
she has polio.
她得了小兒麻痹癥
I'm sorry.
我很遺憾
She's frightened, father.
她害怕極了,神父
It's killing me.
我心如刀絞
God is with her, my child.
上帝與她同在,孩子
As he was when he let it happen.
上帝眼看著我女兒得病
There are things I tell children, Mrs Schroeder,
這些話我是跟孩子們說的,施羅德夫人
because that's all they can grasp.
因為他們只能領會那么多
You're an adult
你是成年人了
and you came here in your need.
你來這里是出于某種需要
I've nowhere else to turn.
我無處可去了
You confessed something to me not long ago
你不久前向我懺悔
about temptation.
關于誘惑
Is that still a burden?
這事依然困擾著你嗎?
I'd rather not discuss that.
我寧可不討論這個問題
Don't you see the problem?
你看不到問題癥結所在嗎?
You ask of God, but what do you offer in return?
你有求于上帝,可你拿什么回報上帝呢?
My devotion.
我的虔誠
Devotion is an act, Mrs Schroeder.
虔誠不過是作秀,施羅德夫人
It's something you demonstrate.
重要的是展現方式
How?
怎么展現?
That is for you to decide.
那要由你決定了
Mr White. Young James.
懷特先生,小詹姆士
How Nucky shoes be fittin' these days?
努基的活好干嗎?
A little tighter than I expected. Hmph.
比我預料的麻煩點, 嗯
Need some breakin' in, that all.
慢慢適應吧
So what can I do for y'all?
那么有什么可以效勞的?
This strike...
罷工的事...
It needs to end.
是該結束了
I came here to work something out
我來這里談條件的
Oh! Now y'all come.
你們現在肯來了
What you think about that, Mr Purnsley?
你怎么想, 巴恩斯利先生?
I think that ball team he sent round
我想,他派來的"棒球隊"
swingin' them bats struck out.
已經不管用了
It wasn't my idea, Chalky.
不是我的主意,喬基
Anthem klan boys shoot up my warehouse?
那么血洗我倉庫的事呢?
Not my idea either.
同樣不是我的主意
Jesus, boy, ain't you got any notion at all?
天吶,小子,你就沒一點主見嗎?
Yeah.
是的
A plan to make your murder charge go away.
有辦法可以擺平你的謀殺指控
How you gonna do that?
你打算怎么做?
I'll talk to the governor.
我會找州長疏通
What else you got?
你還有別的提供嗎?
What else you want? Justice.
你還有其他要求嗎? 公道
Meaning what?
具體點?
The families of my men that got killed
賠償我被殺的手下家屬
$3,000 a piece.
每人3000美元
Okay.
And them three hooded crackers did the shootin'?
還有那三個殺人的3K黨徒?
I want them delivered to me personally.
我要他們交到我手上
That's not gonna happen, Chalky.
不可能,喬基
Well, buck, that's the deal.
嗯,這就是條件
Always be next tourist season, right?
旅游旺季每年都有,對吧?
I will.
我會的
I will.
我會的
Okay, mama.
好的,媽媽
I got a signed baseball.
我得到一個簽名棒球
Ty Cobb.
泰普·酷伯
Okay, champ, time to say good night.
好了,小子,該道晚安了
Good night, mama.
晚安,媽媽
We'll see you tomorrow.
我們明天見了
He is a very famous ballplayer.
他是個非常著名的棒球手
Good night, darling.
晚安,親愛的
Your mom sounded in good spirits, eh?
你媽聽起來心情不錯?
You know, I had a kid sister.
知道嗎,我有過一個妹妹
Her name was Susan.
她叫蘇珊
She was sick too.
她當時也生病了
Consumption.
肺結核
And my mother just like your mother with Emily
而我母親...就像你母親對待艾米麗一樣
she spent every waking moment taking care of her.
她醒著的每一刻都在照料她
And my brother and I would get pretty jealous.
而我弟弟和我也會非常嫉妒
You did? Sure.
你也嫉妒? 當然了
Who wouldn't want all that attention?
誰不想備受重視呢?
But the thing is, we knew our mother loved us just the same.
但事實是,我們知道我們母親同樣也愛我們
How about your dad?
那你爸呢?
Sure, of course.
當然,也一樣
He loved us too.
他也愛我們
Are you in trouble?
你有麻煩了嗎?
No.
Well, a little.
嗯,一點小麻煩
Some people said I did something wrong,
有人說我做了錯事
but it's not true.
不過不是事實
That you burned your dad's house down?
是因為你放火燒了你爸的房子嗎?
What?
什么?
No.
不是
What makes you think that?
你怎么會那樣想?
I saw you.
我看見了
No, Teddy.
不對,泰迪
What you saw...
你看見的...
That was an accident.
那是個意外
Don't worry, dad. I won't tell.
別擔心,爸,我不會說出去的
Look, I wash my hands of this.
瞧,我用這個洗手的
And this is just it just happened now?
是剛才發生的事嗎?
Yeah, it just happened today.
沒錯,今天剛發生的
I don't know where it all came from.
我不知道這是哪里冒出來的
This is unbelievable. Don't look at me. I just make it.
難以置信,別看我,我剛到
How'd you do? I didn't sell a drop.
你怎么樣? 我一瓶都沒賣掉
The whole city's fuckin' drenched. Irish whiskey.
整座城市都飽和了,愛爾蘭威士忌
Better and cheaper than what we're sellin'.
比我們的貨質量好,價格還便宜
It's way cheaper.
便宜太多了
Well, who's behind it then?
那誰在背后操控的?
Nucky.
努基
You know that? In my bones.
你怎么知道? 骨子里就知道
So much for steppin' down.
算哪門子的下野
There's a reason why you cut a snake's head clean off.
清理得不干凈就會出現這種結果
Who screwed that up, Al?
是誰失手的 Al?
But this whiskey, where's it from?
但這威士忌,從哪里來的?
You said you had the coast guard in your pocket.
你說過,海岸警衛隊被你買通了
He says a lot of things. Nucky's man.
他就愛夸海口,努基的手下
He's from Ireland. They imported it.
愛爾蘭來的,他們從愛爾蘭進口的
So let's pop the fuckin' mick!
那就崩了那個愛爾蘭佬
That's great for tomorrow. What do we do today?
那也得等明天了,我們今天怎么辦?
I thought you was runnin' this town.
我以為你掌控了這座城市呢
Yeah, that's right.
對,沒錯
Ye? So you're supposed to be givin' us the answers!
是嗎?那你就該給我們一個解釋
Niggers on strike, now this shit.
先是黑人罷工,現在又這檔子事
They're still out there, you know. More of 'em than ever now.
那些酒還在兜售著,而且現在比之前還要多
Mickey Yeah, I know, Mickey.
我知道了
So this stuff could be sittin' here for months.
那這批貨可能會占領市場好幾個月
I said I would take care of it, God damn it!
我說了,我會處理的,該死的
Yeah? You should put that to fucking music.
是嗎?你真該把這話配上音樂
You know what? Fuck you, Sal.
我說,操你媽的,Sal
Or Charlie or whatever the fuck your name is.
或者查利,還是什么別的傻逼名字
It's Charlie. Is that the issue?!
是查利 ,那是重點嗎?
There's a fortune at stake, gentlemen.
錢要打水漂了,先生們
This alcohol needs to be sold. Yeah, thanks, genius.
這批酒要馬上出貨,嗯,謝謝提醒,天才
Where? I propose
賣去哪里? 我建議
we split up and sell it in our respective towns.
我們分頭行動,把貨散到我們自己的地盤上
This is my town. What?
這里就是我的地盤,什么?
I said this is my town! Philly then.
我說這里就是我的地盤,那費城吧
I wouldn't go there if I was you.
我是你的話,我不會去那里
On account of Manny Horvitz?
算上曼尼o霍瓦茨
All right.
好吧
You take Philly. I'll head north.Pfft.
你負責費城,我負責北邊
Look, let's just sell this shit.
聽著,把貨出了就好了
All right?
好嗎?
At which point Enoch Thompson left the premises with Mr White.
說明伊諾克?湯姆森許諾了White先生
Albert White, known as "Chalky"?
艾伯特?懷特人稱查利
That's correct. Please tell the jury
沒錯,請告訴陪審團
what happened next.
接下去發生什么了
Presumably they concluded their deal for the alcohol.
推測他們合計了私酒的生意
Certainly I Objection!
我肯定,反對
Your presumptions, scintillating though they be,
你對他們行為的推測
do not help us.You are testifying
并不能幫到我們,你是在作證
as to direct knowledge of Thompson's bootlegging.
集中在湯姆森的私酒買賣上
I apologize. Just stick to what you know.
抱歉,只要集中在你知道的事上
Agent Van Alden, what can you tell us about a Hans Schroeder?
范? 奧爾登探員,關于漢斯o施羅德你知道多少?
I beg your pardon? Hans Schroeder.
請再問一遍?漢斯?施羅德
His name is mentioned in your file quite extensively,
他的名字在你的文件里被反復提及
as is his widow's.
還有他留下的寡婦
Are you baiting me, Miss Randolph?
你是在引導嗎, 倫道夫小姐?
I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
我不明白你的意思
In your file it says that
你的文件里寫道
Nucky Thompson ordered Schroeder murdered.
努基?湯姆森下令殺害了施羅德
I have no direct proof of that.
我沒有直接證據可以證明
Well, you certainly spent enough time on it.
不過你肯定花了大量時間在上面
It was a theory.
只是個理論
I was told by my supervisor to focus on alcohol,
我的主管告知我,專注于打擊私酒
as you've directed yourself
就如同你要求我
in regard to my testimony.
把注意力集中在私酒上面一樣
Off the record? Yes?
私底下呢? 什么?
You think he did it.
你認為他干了
Thompson,
湯姆森
ordering Schroeder's murder.
下令殺害了施羅德
I have no doubt whatsoever.
我對于毫不懷疑
Let's break for lunch, shall we?
大家休息會吃午餐吧?
What do you think? Do we have enough?
你覺得怎么樣?證據夠充分了嗎?
Let's bring him in. Munya!
曼尼亞去捉他回來
Mr Doyle.
伊爾先生
Oh. What, are you kiddin'?
你開什么玩笑?
Better safe than sorry. Sit.
安全第一,坐
Not there.
這里不能坐
My wife will kill me.
我妻子會宰了我
So...
所以
The two of us, eh?
我們倆個
The walking wounded,
拜達莫迪先生所賜
courtesy of Mr Darmody.
傷痕累累
I don't follow. My shoulder,
不太明白,我肩膀
your neck.
你頭頸
Jimmy ain't had nothing to do with that.
吉米跟那事沒關系
You landed at my feet.
你就摔在我腳邊
Your shoulder, I mean. That was Waxey all the way.
你肩膀,我是說,那是瓦克西指使人干的
What have you brought me?
你帶什么來了?
I'll give you five grand's worth, to settle Jimmy's debt.
我會給你價值5000美元的酒,抵消吉米欠你的債
This is from Darmody? Sure. Like I said.
這是達莫迪送的? ,當然,我都說了
Hmm, and yet he doesn't bring it himself.
你不自己親自送來嗎
He's busy, Munya. Yes.
他很忙,曼尼亞 ,嗯
He's a macher now...
他現在是大人物了...
who sends you to do his bidding.
派你來打發我
Somethin' in my teeth? I took that
我牙縫里卡東西了? 我從
from the man who tried to kill me.
殺手身上搜到的
Heilig's chop house.
Heilig牛排屋
So?
怎么了?
Atlantic City
大西洋城
Mr Darmody's town. Munya, he
達莫迪先生的地盤曼尼亞,他
he tries to kill me and fails.
他想殺我,不過失敗了
And now he sends $5,000 worth of piss water
現在他送5000元的酒來
to get out of it. He's paying his debt is all.
就想一筆勾銷, 他只是還債而已
"He who dies
"他只有一死
pays all his debts."
才能一筆勾銷"
Hmm, the Bible, right?
圣經里的,對吧?
Lotta wisdom there.
許多至理名言在里面
Look, you're still in business, ain't cha?
聽著,買賣依然算你一份,好嗎?
And you don't have to deal with him
而且你不必跟他打交道
ever. Just me.
永遠不用,跟我打交道就可以了
I take the payback.
5000美元的酒我收下了
My old pal Munya.
夠意思,曼尼亞
And you tell me where I find Mr Darmody
你告訴我,在哪里可以找到達莫迪先生
for a quiet chat.
好好的聊聊
Manny,we're partners, me and him.
曼尼我們是生意伙伴,我和他
I got an investment to protect.
我得保護我的投資
What the hell are you doing?
你這是干什么?
Changing your mind.
讓你改變主意
Sheriff Thompson, good morning.
湯姆森警長,早上好啊
I asked for a lawyer.
我要求請個律師
I am a lawyer, just not yours.Esther Randolph.
我就是律師,只不過不是你的
I'm an assistant U.S. attorney.
司法部長助理
At my house you come arrest me?
是你來我家逮捕我的?
Sorry, sheriff, but my professional courtesies
抱歉,警長,我的職業禮貌
don't extend to murder suspects.
在殺人犯身上不適用
You're grasping at straws, lady.
你是在渾水摸魚,女士
Actually I think I've got one.
事實上我還真抓住一條
Halloran? Your deputy Raymond Halloran?
你的副手...Raymond
He's got a lot to say about you and a man named Hans Schroeder.
他有一大堆關于你和一個叫漢斯?施羅德的人的事要交代
And if you've got anything to say
要是你有任何想交代的...
about your brother for instance
比如關于你哥哥的事...
please have your lawyer get in touch.
請讓你的律師聯系我
I'm sure he'll be along any minute.
我肯定,他馬上就會到了
Sorry to bother you, father.
抱歉打攪您了,神父
A Mrs Schroeder to see you?
施羅德夫人想見您?
What does she want? She didn't say.
她有什么事? 她沒說
Should I ask?
要我問嗎?
Show her in.
帶她進來
I'm disturbing you.
我打擾您了
Not at all, Mrs Schroeder.
沒關系,施羅德夫人
Please, sit.
請坐
They can very easily get out of order,
很容易就搞混了
then there's no finding them.
然后就再也找不到了
How is your little one?
你的女兒怎么樣了?
The doctor's reluctant to make any predictions.
醫生不愿意做出預測
Doesn't wish to give you false hope.
不希望讓你報錯誤的希望
Would that be so bad?
也沒什么不好?
It would at least be something for now.
至少現在心里有點底
Wouldn't you rather believe in something real?
你難道不更愿意聽到真的結果嗎?
I want to believe she'll recover.
我更愿相信,她會康復
Are you looking for a miracle? Yes. I am.
你在尋求發生奇跡嗎? 是的
I want my daughter to be made whole.
我要我女兒完整無缺的康復
I want her to live and grow.
我想要她健康成長
I want her to run on the grass and swim in the sea.
我想要她在草地上奔跑,在海里游泳
And not suffer for the
而不是
for no reason.
無緣無故的遭受...
Do you recall what we discussed earlier?
你記得,我們早些時候討論的嗎?
An act of devotion.
虔誠的行為
What is this?
這是什么?
For the church a donation.
捐贈給教堂的
I'm not usually handled cash directly, let alone jewels.
我通常不直接經手善款,更別提珠寶了
Then tell me the proper method.
那告訴我個合適的方式
Why are you doing this, Mrs Schroeder?
你為什么這么做,施羅德夫人?
It's a weight on me, father
我背負著重擔,神父...
on my soul.
始終不安
I want to be free of it,
我想獲得精神上的自由
and show that I'm willing.
顯示出我的誠意
Can we just start there?
可以從捐贈開始嗎?
We can.
可以
Shall we pray?
我們祈禱吧?
What's so fascinating?
有什么那么好看?
That fella.
那家伙
Not a care in the world.
一點不在意周遭的環境
He certainly doesn't care what he looks like.
他肯定也不在乎自己的外表
He's on the shore. It's summer.
海邊又是夏天
If you can't be free here
如果在這里都不能自由自在...
put out a blanket and join him.
鋪條毯子,跟他一起曬太陽去
Richard drop you off? Yes.
理查德送你回來的? 嗯
Where's Tommy?
湯米去哪里了?
At your mother's.
在你母親家
I have to leave town for a few days
我得離開一些天
you're not gonna ask me why?
你不準備問我為什么嗎?
If you want me to know, you'll tell me.
如果你想說的話,你會告訴我的
I trust you. You don't mean that.
我相信你,你壓根不是那意思
Let's not fight.
我們不要爭論了
I wasn't trying to.
我沒想要爭吵
Angela I know you're not happy, Angela.
我知道你不開心
I know there are things that you think about me
我知道,你對我某些事情上有看法
that you're afraid to say.
你不敢說出來
I'm gonna make it up to you.
我會彌補的
I'm gonna get everything settled once and for all.
我會把所有事情一次性都處理好
And you'll see that...
你等著看吧...
I can be the person you want me to be.
我可以成為你希望我成為的人
I heard a joke today.
我今天聽了一個笑話
Where?
哪里?
The bakery.
面包房
You want to hear it?
你想聽嗎?
Sure. A man goes into a hotel
當然了,有個男人走進一家酒店
and he says,
說道
"I'd like a room and a bath."
"我想要一間房和一間浴室"
And the clerk says
前臺回答道
"I can give you a room,
"我可以給你房間
but you'll have to take the bath yourself."
但洗澡你得自己動手"
Did I tell it wrong?
我說得不好笑嗎?
No. It's funny.
不是,好笑
You have to take the bath yourself.
你得自己動手洗澡
You sure you have to leave right away?
你確定,你馬上要離開?
I'm not sure of anything.
我任何事都不確定
Unfortunately we didn't get the results we'd hoped for.
很不幸,我們并沒有得到期望的診斷結果
Spinal polio.
脊髓性小兒麻痹癥
The virus invades nerve cells,
病毒侵入了神經細胞
causing damage to the muscles and limbs.
導致了下肢肌肉癱瘓
If the cells are completely destroyed,
就艾米麗的病情來看
as in Emily's case,
如果神經細胞被完全破壞了
the paralysis will mostly be permanent.
癱瘓很可能將是永久性的
You understand what I'm saying?
Margaret?你明白我說的嗎?
Did your daughter pray?
你女兒祈禱了嗎?
I'm sorry? Last night.
什么? 昨晚
You said she prays
你說,她為
for all the rest of us.
得小兒麻痹癥的人祈禱
I'm sure she did. Yes.
我肯定她祈禱了,嗯
Then bless her soul.
那也保佑她
What do we do now?
接下來要怎么辦?
We measure Emily for braces.
為艾米麗定制支架
You'll take her home.
你們可以帶她回家
When she's ready, we'll try therapy
等她準備好,我們會開始療程
and hope for the best.
希望有好結果
I'd say that's good advice.
我得說那是個好建議
No!
What the fuck?
操了?
Where's Darmody?
達莫迪呢?
He isn't here.
他不在這里
You are his wife?
你是他妻子?
Yes.
Please...
求你了...
I have a child.
我還有一個兒子
Please?
求你了
Do you want money?
你是要錢嗎?
He can get it. Lots of it.
他可以弄到的,很多錢
I can make him.
我可以讓他給你
The most important thing in life, darling?
生活中最重要的,親愛的
Your health.
是活著
Your husband did this to you.
要怪就怪你丈夫

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受驚的,受恐嚇的

 
suitcase ['su:tkeis]

想一想再看

n. 手提箱

聯想記憶
stake [steik]

想一想再看

n. 樁,賭注,利害關系
v. 下注,用樁支撐

聯想記憶
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

聯想記憶
intercede [.intə'si:d]

想一想再看

vi. 仲裁,說情

聯想記憶
sheriff ['ʃerif]

想一想再看

n. 郡治安官,郡長

聯想記憶
knot [nɔt]

想一想再看

n. 結,節
vi. 打結
vt.

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艱難的,討厭的,不適的

 
ordering ['ɔ:dəriŋ]

想一想再看

n. [計]定序;排序;訂購 v. 命令;指揮;訂購(o

 
predecessor ['pri:disesə]

想一想再看

n. 前輩,前任,原有事物

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 王怀| 内裤之穴| 流浪地球2演员表| 关琳个人资料简介图片| 浙江卫视全天节目表| 云上的宝石| 美女网站在线观看| 麻辣烫热量| 我记得你| 强好案电影| 日本电影芋虫| 四年级下册绿| 日本电视剧《阿信》 | 浙江卫视今晚上8点的节目是什么| 同字异音联| 接吻戏| 乡村女老师| 湖南金鹰卡通节目表| 范瑞君| 黄网站在线免费| 川岛芳子电影| 浙江卫视在线直播 高清| 入党培养考察情况范文| 视频xxxx| 《平凡之路》电影| 孕妇直播肚子疼揉肚子| 长靴靴虐视频vk| 吴添豪| 流浪地球免费观看| 我,喜欢你演员表介绍| 痛风能吃的菜一览表| 王牌特派员| 荒岛惊魂 电影| 时代少年团壁纸| 炊事班的故事演员表| 散文诗二首批注| 关于心情的词语| 凤凰电视台| 我在等你泰剧剧情介绍| 我心灿烂| 踩杀视频|