Previously on Elementary...
《福爾摩斯:演繹法》前情提要
You ruined my life. Gun!
你毀了我的人生,有槍
A blood clot got wedged in his right subclavian artery,
有一塊血栓堵住了他的右鎖骨下動脈
obstructed the blood flow to his arm for about 30 minutes.
阻礙血液流入他的胳膊長達半小時
He may never regain full use of the limb.
他可能再也無法擁有健全的手臂了
This is about your guilt.
是因為你的內疚
You're not directly responsible for what happened.
這事的直接責任不在于你
But this time your fondness for blowing past
但這次你無視照章辦事規矩的一貫作風
bureaucratic guideposts got a man you respect shot.
害了一個你尊敬的人中槍
You may very well have saved my life.
你可能因此救了我一命
I'd rather not see you around here.
我寧愿你別來看我
Look at you, southpaw.
瞧你,成了左撇子了
Well, life has changed, right?
生活已經變了,對吧
At least nowadays most of the paperwork's on the computer.
至少現在大多數文書工作都能用電腦了
Well, I made you some ready-to-nuke dinners.
我給你做了晚飯,微波爐轉一下就能吃
Nothing fancy.
沒什么大不了的
Baked ziti's about the extent of my culinary skills.
烤通心粉已經是我廚藝的最高水平了
Thanks.
謝謝
That's really nice of you.
你人真好
What did the doctor say about your hand?
關于你的手醫生怎么說
Uh, he doesn't know.
他也不知道
It's only been a few weeks.
才過了幾周
Physical therapy's helping,
物理治療有些幫助
but they still can't tell me if the damage is permanent.
但他們仍舊說不清創傷是不是永久的
Well, you're back at work, that's good.
你回來工作了,那很好
Yeah.
是啊
If you call, uh, pushing papers around work.
如果你把擺弄這些文件叫做工作的話
Hey, you know they say that learning to write
你知道嗎,據說學習用另一只手寫字
with your other hand is good for the brain.
有利于開發大腦
Builds new pathways, keeps you young.
建立新的思維路徑,保持年輕
Great.
那太好了
So if this, uh, trauma sticks around forever,
如果這次的創傷是永久的
I'll have a really long time to enjoy it.
我有的是時間享受這個過程
Marcus, do you think you...
馬庫斯,你覺得你
need to talk to someone?
需不需要找人談談
No, honestly, I think what I really need
不,說實話,我覺得我真正需要的
is to talk less.
就是少說話
Thanks again for the food.
再次感謝你的食物
Okay?
還有事嗎
All right, I'll see you later.
好吧,先走了
Don't trip the proximity sensor.
小心別碰到距離傳感器
Actually, would you mind stepping back a couple of paces?
說實話,你介意往后退兩步嗎
I'm feeling a little bit crowded.
我覺得有點擠
Are you crazy?
你瘋了嗎
That's a half-million dollar car.
這可是價值五十萬美金的豪車
Surely when your employers hired you
你的雇主把它交給你
to test the security measures
測試安保系統的時候
they knew it would result in a little bit of wear and tear.
他們肯定知道會有點磕磕碰碰的
Wouldn't explain a foot in the door.
但不包括在門上踹個腳印啊
Well, they should be pleased.
他們應該很滿意
Their system's obviously impregnable.
他們的系統顯然堅不可摧
Actually, it's totally pregnable.
其實,它完全不堪一擊
I beat it ten times today.
我今天就撬開了十次
You got a lot on your mind.
你腦子里的雜念太多了
All the stuff that happened with your buddy, the detective.
你朋友,那位警探的遭遇
Is utterly irrelevant to breaking into a car.
這和撬開車門完全無關
Obviously.
是啊,顯然無關
In terms of my actions on the case which resulted in Detective Bell's injury,
說到貝爾警探受傷那件案子里我的行為
I was completely in the right.
我認為我沒有任何失誤
I've reviewed every decision I made.
我回顧了我的每一個決定
Every inflection point in the investigation.
還有調查中的每一個轉折點
And it is indisputable from any rational cost benefit analysis
從任何的理性成本收益分析角度說
that I did everything correctly.
我的所作所為都無可爭議地正確
So, why can I not move on?
所以我為什么無法釋懷呢
Why does the matter persist in buzzing away
為什么整件事總是困擾著我
at my most precious commodity, my concentration?
擾亂我最寶貴的專注力呢
Maybe we should head for a meeting.
也許我們該去參加一次互助會
I came here tonight, not as your sponsee,
今晚我來,不是作為你的受擔保人
but as a friend and colleague
而是作為一個朋友
whose vocation creates certain overlapping interests.
和所從事職業有所關聯的同事
Besides I think this is what I need tonight.
除此以外,我覺得今晚我需要干這個
Fine.
那好吧
But tomorrow, we're hitting a meeting.
不過明天,我們要去互助會
Allegations continue to mount that Donald Hauser,
傳言持續升溫,宣稱唐納德·豪瑟
trusted money manager to New York's elite,
這位備受紐約精英信任的投資經理人
may, in fact, have been running a decades-long pyramid scheme.
其實可能經營了長達十年的金字塔騙局
Sources inside the SEC confirm
證券交易委員會內部消息證實
that they're now scrutinizing Hauser's private hedge fund,
他們正在審查豪瑟號稱持續年收益
which seemed to yield consistent annual returns of 12% or more.
超過百分之十二的私人對沖基金
Thanks to the work of independent journalist
多虧了獨立記者羅莎莉·努涅斯
Rosalie Nunez, who first sounded the alarm,
最先敲響警鐘的報道
we may now discover those returns were all lies.
我們才能發現這些回報可能全是謊言
If so, Hauser will be looking at criminal charges
如果情況屬實,豪瑟將面臨
that could put him behind bars for the rest of his life,
可能在鐵窗中度過余生的犯罪指控
while hundreds of his investors will absorb the news
而他數以百計的投資者將會不得不接受
that their life savings have vanished.
畢生積蓄化為泡影的噩耗
Neither Hauser nor anyone at his firm
豪瑟及他名下公司的任何人
responded in time to comment.
都沒有及時做出回應
Stocks were relatively flat today, as analysts...
股市今日收盤基本持平,分析家們...
Ow! God! Ow!
老天
Wait.
等等
I was about to kill myself.
我正準備自殺
Please.
求你了
What's done is done.
覆水難收
I know. That's what I want to talk about.
我知道,我正想說這個
Donald, it's me.
唐納德,是我
Well, someone had some anger to work out.
有人在發泄怒氣
Steal a few hundred million dollars of other people's money,
偷了別人幾億美金
somebody's bound to get ticked off.
肯定會有人被惹惱
So, who found him?
誰最先發現尸體
Personal chef. She came in,
私人廚師,她進來的時候
said the alarm system was off, and the TV was on.
警報系統關閉,電視機開著
She's here in the kitchen.
她人在廚房里
Miss, uh, Butler?
巴特勒小姐
Miss Butler, this is Joan Watson.
巴特勒小姐,這是喬恩·華生
Sorry to meet under these circumstances.
很抱歉在這種情況下見面
Thank you.
感謝安慰
Miss Watson and her partner there, Mr. Holmes,
華生小姐和她的搭檔,福爾摩斯先生
consult for the department.
是警局的顧問
So, you are a personal chef?
你是私人廚師嗎
Mr. Hauser was a client for a long time.
豪瑟先生是我的老客戶了
I prepared meals for him at my house
我在家幫他做好飯
and-and brought them here a few times a week.
然后每周帶過來幾次
You any idea who might want to hurt Mr. Hauser?
你有想到誰可能想傷害豪瑟先生嗎
Oh, with what's been going on in the press, plenty of people.
根據新聞媒體的報道,肯定有好多人吧
What-what's he doing?
他在做什么
He, uh, has a process.
他...有自己的調查方法
Captain?
警監
Would you excuse me?
失陪
I take it the victim's gun was found here?
我想被害人的槍是在這里被發現的
Yeah, by the first uniforms on the scene.
是的,到場的第一位警官這么說
Registered to Hauser.
槍登記在豪瑟名下
However, different caliber
但和我們在地板上
than the casings we found on the floor.
發現的彈殼口徑不同
Figured Hauser tried to defend himself.
推測大概是豪瑟想要自我防衛
Never got a shot off.
但還沒來得及開槍
I can assure you Mr. Hauser did not pull his gun in self-defense.
我能向你保證豪瑟先生掏槍不是為了自衛
At least, not at first.
至少一開始不是
Rather, he was about to commit suicide
恰恰相反,他正準備自殺的時候
when he was very rudely interrupted.
被人粗魯地打斷了
The handgun was stored here in this drawer.
手槍被存放在這個抽屜里
Whoever removed it bothered to close the drawer
拿槍的人還不嫌麻煩地在取出槍后
when they were done.
把抽屜關上
This is a very unlikely action on anyone's part
這對于激烈的私闖民宅攻防戰雙方來說
during the middle of a heated home invasion.
都是不太可能會做的動作
No. Mr. Hauser's gun was out before the killer entered.
恰恰相反,豪瑟先生在殺手闖入前就拿出了槍
The whiskey-Glen Lochaber,
格倫·洛哈伯威士忌酒
1926, single cask, aged for 55 years.
1926年產,單桶酒,55年的陳釀
Yum. Only 100 bottles ever produced.
人間極品,只生產了100瓶
Probably set Mr. Hauser back about $10,000.
可能花了豪瑟先生大約一萬美金
This is the proverbial good stuff, and,
這是眾所周知的好酒
judging by the ring of dust
而且從它在吧臺上
where it usually sat on his bar,
留下的灰塵圈看
he kept it for only the very rarest of occasions.
他只有在極特殊的場合才會拿出來喝
Miss Butler said the television was on
巴特勒小姐說她進屋的時候
when she entered.
電視是開著的
We all know what story dominated the news last night.
我們都知道昨晚的新聞頭條是什么
Hauser himself was sitting, watching
豪瑟坐在這里,看著電視
as he filled his glass to the very brim.
一邊給杯子里倒滿酒
No longer any point in saving it.
沒必要再留著好酒了
Lastly...
最后...
...gun oil on the roof of his mouth.
他的上顎有槍油
The irony of ironies.
簡直不能更諷刺了
Our killer arrived just in time
兇手在豪瑟先生要開槍自殺時
to stop Mr. Hauser from shooting himself.
恰好趕到并阻止了他
So, what? Killer just wanted to squeeze in some torture first?
為什么,兇手只是想先折磨他一下嗎
Probably not as satisfying as getting his or her money back,
也許并不像拿回被騙的錢一樣滿意
but I suppose you take what you can get.
但這是最好的結果了
Oh. According to this article,
根據這篇報道
there could be over a thousand people that were affected
可能有超過一千人受到了
by Donald Hauser's pyramid scheme.
唐納德·豪瑟的金字塔騙局的影響
I'd say our work is cut out for us, wouldn't you?
看來我們的工作告一段落了,你覺得呢
Actually, I've got a rather good idea of where I'd like to start.
實際上,我有了一個好的切入點
The chef, Chloe Butler.
那個廚師,克洛伊·巴特勒
Why?
為什么
You not see how nervous she was when we were interviewing her?
你沒看到在我們問她問題時,她有多緊張嗎
Her haptics were practically screaming
她的表現明顯說明
that she was hiding something.
她在隱瞞某些事
Well, she just found
可她剛剛發現了
the mutilated corpse of her boss.
自己老板的尸體
Her alibi left something to be desired, as well, no?
她的不在場證明也站不住腳,不是嗎
Well, just because she said she was home alone
就因為她說謀殺發生時她自己在家
during the time of the murder doesn't mean she did it.
也不能說明是她殺的人
Nor does it mean she didn't.
也不能說明她沒殺人
Obviously, there's no shortage of other suspects,
顯然,其他的嫌疑人也沒有什么破綻
but Miss Butler seems like a worthwhile place to start.
但巴特勒小姐看起來是個不錯的切入點
You saw Detective Bell last night, did you not?
你昨晚去看貝爾警探了,對吧
Yes, I did.
對,去看了
And?
然后呢
He's better. He's riding a desk for now,
他好些了,現在只能在辦公室做文職
but, um, at least he's up and around.
但至少不用躺在病床上了
As a matter of fact, I promised I'd run a few errands for him.
實際上,我答應替他跑跑腿
I will be back in a bit.
我一會兒就回來
If I'm not here,
如果我不在這
I will be at the station, reviewing case files.
我就在局里看案子的檔案
I will text you if I identify Mr. Hauser's killer
等我獨自一人查出豪瑟先生的兇手之后
all by my lonesome.
我會給你發短信的
I am sorry about this morning.
今早的事我很抱歉
I... I just...
我只是...
It's fine.
沒關系
Seriously. You didn't do anything wrong.
真的,你沒做錯任何事
Oh. I can't believe you have a baby now.
真不敢相信你有了個孩子
You can't believe it?
不光是你不敢相信
So, uh, you said the dad is...
你說孩子的爸爸已經...
out of the picture?
跟你沒關系了
I can't say I got any better at picking men
在戒毒以后我挑選男人的眼光
just because I got clean.
還是沒有好轉
Ross, my ex-- as far as bad decisions go,
羅斯,我的前任,跟他結婚僅次于染上毒癮
he's right up there with heroin.
是我排名第二的錯誤決定
But, hey, it got me Shane.
但他讓我有了肖恩
I had no idea
看到你的時候
what I was supposed to do when I saw you.
我完全不知道該怎么做
I didn't know you'd switched careers, and
我不知道你換了工作
with the police around, I didn't know
有警察在旁邊,我不知道
if I was obligated by law to say that I knew you, or...
我是不是有義務說我認識你
Chloe, there is no right or wrong.
克洛伊,這事沒有對錯
When I run into a former client in a social setting,
當我在社交生活中遇到以前的客戶時
I let them decide whether they want to say anything or not.
我會讓他們決定他們想說什么
You were obviously caught off guard, so I took the lead.
你當時明顯很驚慌,所以我主導了談話
I just try not to tell anyone
我只是試圖不告訴任何人
about that part of my life.
我的那段生活
You know, if-if I can help it.
如果我能忍住的話
Are you still going to meetings?
你還在參加互助會嗎
Oh, yeah, of course.
對,當然
No, I-I don't mean I don't talk to anyone,
我不是說我不跟任何人說
I just...
我只是
take the "Anonymous" part seriously.
更堅持"匿名"的原則了
Actually, that's one of the reasons
其實,那也是我想見你的
I wanted to see you.
原因之一
With your permission, I would like to explain
如果你允許,我想跟我的搭檔
our history to my partner.
解釋一下我們的事
Why? He's very perceptive.
為什么,他很敏銳
He could tell that you were hiding something last night.
他能看出來你昨晚隱瞞了一些事
He thought it might have something to do
他覺得那可能跟
with what happened to Donald Hauser.
唐納德·豪瑟的死有關
He thinks I'm a suspect?
他覺得我是嫌疑犯
You're just someone who caught his eye.
你只是引起了他的注意
Look, if you don't feel comfortable,
聽著,如果你覺得不舒服
I totally understand.
我完全能理解
If you do...
如果你覺得沒關系...
know that our confidentiality
他也一定會遵守
agreement will extend to him as well.
我們的保密協議
I just want to make sure the investigation
我只想確保調查是在朝著
is moving in the right direction.
正確的方向發展
You must really trust him.
看來你非常信任他
I do.
沒錯
Can we talk about Chloe Butler?
我們能談談克洛伊·巴特勒嗎
In 2009, she was one of the hottest chefs in the city.
2009年,她是城里最火的廚師之一
Yes, I saw that when I looked into her.
我調查她的時候看到過那個
Well, you didn't see all of it.
你沒有看到全部
The attention was too much for her,
受人矚目的光環過于沉重
and she fell in with the wrong crowd.
她選擇了錯誤的交友圈子
When did she start working with you?
她什么時候開始跟你合作的
2011.
2011年
She was one of my first clients.
她是我最早的客戶之一
I lived with her for a little over six months.
我和她一起住了六個多月
It wasn't easy, but she got her life back on track.
雖然很艱難,但她努力讓生活回到了正軌
She knew that the restaurant scene could be a trigger,
她知道繼續在餐廳工作可能刺激她重蹈覆轍
so she started a new business.
所以她換了新的工作
As a personal chef.
成了一個私人廚師
Yes. So everything you sensed
對,所以你感覺到的
that she was hiding last night
昨晚她隱瞞的事
was about her past.
就是她的過去
And she has an alibi for the time of the murder.
她在案發時也有不在場證明
She was with her sponsor.
她和她的擔保人在一起
Well, it's interesting that I failed to detect
我沒能在遇到另一個癮君子時覺察到
another addict when I met one.
真是有意思
More interesting that I didn't get a sense
更有意思的是我沒覺察到
that you were hiding something from me, but anyway...
你有事瞞著我,但不管怎樣
In that case, we should, uh, focus on culling our list
這樣的話,我們應該專注于尋找
of other potential suspects in Donald Hauser's murder.
殺害唐納德·豪瑟的其他嫌疑人
I left a voicemail with the journalist
我給報道了他金字塔騙局的
who broke the story of his pyramid scheme,
記者留了語音信息
a woman named Rosalie Nunez.
那個記者叫羅莎莉·努涅斯
Any luck, she will have some insight which we can use
幸運的話,她能幫我們
to prioritize our investigation of Hauser's victims.
調查豪瑟事件的受害者們
Actually, Chloe may have already helped with that.
實際上,克洛伊已經幫了我們
She didn't think of it until we were talking,
我們談之前她沒有想到
but she had an idea who
但她知道誰可能
the last person might've been to see Hauser alive.
是豪瑟死前見到的最后一個人
Uh, the director of a nonprofit named Jacob Weiss.
一個非盈利組織的主管雅各布·韋斯
Hauser had her prepare an extra meal for last night.
豪瑟讓她昨晚準備了加餐
Part of her job is to know which friends ate what.
她工作的一部分就是了解哪些朋友愛吃什么
I was shocked when I heard the news.
我聽到消息的時候很震驚
I-I still don't believe it.
我還是不敢相信
It couldn't have happened that many hours after I left.
怎么我沒走多久就發生了這種事
Our thoughts exactly.
我們也這么想
In fact, we're curious if you could account
其實,我們想知道你能否
for your whereabouts for the rest of the evening.
說明一下昨晚剩余時間里你的行蹤
The M.E. puts Mr. Hauser's
法醫認為豪瑟先生
death somewhere between 10:00 P.M. and midnight.
死于晚上十點到午夜之間
After I left Donald, I had a late meeting
在我跟唐納德告別之后,我在
at the Palladian Hotel
帕拉德酒店和一個
with a Swiss banker named Jonas Bitz.
叫喬納斯·比茲的瑞士銀行家開會
We were there quite late. I'm sure he or anyone
我們在那里待到很晚,我確定
at the lobby bar will confirm that.
他和大堂酒吧的任何人都能作證
But... I'm the last person who had a reason to kill Donald.
但...我是最沒有理由去殺唐納德的人
Well, it's our understanding that he handled your...
據我們所知他經手了你的...
charity's finances.
慈善基金
Considering everything that's happened,
考慮到所發生的一切
that would give you motive.
那使你有了謀殺的動機
Actually, it wouldn't.
事實上,不會
Do you know what we do here?
你知道我們這里是做什么的嗎
You seek reparations for survivors of the Holocaust.
你們為大屠殺的幸存者申請賠款
To this day, Swiss bank accounts are still being identified
直到今天,瑞士銀行的一些賬戶仍然
that belong to Nazi war profiteers.
屬于納粹投機商們
Our investigators uncover that money
我們的調查員們找出這些錢
and process claims on behalf of survivors and their families.
并且代表幸存者和他們的家人索賠
I can't deny what I'm hearing in the press about Donald,
我不否認媒體上對唐納德的報道
but he was my friend. He donated his services
但他是我朋友,他無償在
free of charge, as this council's CPA.
委員會里擔任注冊會計師
And as for our investments,
而在我們的投資方面
the council never lost a dime.
委員會沒有少過一分錢
Every penny has already been accounted for.
每筆錢都有清晰的賬目
Can you think of why he might've left the council alone?
你能想到他為什么唯獨不騙這里的錢嗎
Maybe as he was stealing from others,
也許是因為他從別人那里騙錢
he saw his work for us as a kind of...
就把在我們這里的工作看作是...
karmic counterbalance, a way to do some good to make up
消除業障的方式,通過做好事來
for the bad.
補償所做的壞事
Whatever the reason, I'm grateful.
不管什么原因,我都很感激他
So, Donald Hauser was a swindler with a heart of gold.
唐納德·豪瑟是位熱心腸的騙子
Very few of us are either completely good or completely evil.
很少有人是完全善良或是完全邪惡的
It would appear that even Hauser
看起來即使是豪瑟
had a moral line that he would not cross.
也有道德底線
Excellent. This is Rosalie Nunez, the reporter I mentioned.
很好,是羅莎莉·努涅斯打來的,我提過的記者
Ms. Nunez, thank you so much for calling me back.
努涅斯女士,非常感謝你的回電
Is this Sherlock Holmes?
請問是夏洛克·福爾摩斯嗎
It is. Who's this?
是我,你是誰
This is Detective Luntz of the NYPD.
我是紐約警局的倫茨警探
You left a voice mail for Ms. Nunez
你給努涅斯女士留了語音信息
saying you were a... consultant?
說你是一位...顧問
I did and I am.
是我留的,我的確是顧問
Why do you have her phone?
她的電話怎么在你手上
I think maybe you should join me at her residence
我覺得你最好來她住處找我
so I can explain in person.
以便我當面解釋
I may even have some consulting questions for you.
我可能還要咨詢你些問題
Well, it looks like Ms. Nunez was killed by the same person
看起來努涅斯女士和唐納德·豪瑟
who murdered Donald Hauser.
是被同一兇手謀殺的
The technique used to bind her, the size
捆綁她的手法
and placement of the bullet wounds.
槍傷的位置和大小
I'm quite confident a ballistics report will confirm that.
我確信彈道報告會證實我說的
Our shooter had a busy night two nights ago.
槍手兩天前的晚上真忙吶
M.E. put tentative time of death
法醫估計死亡時間
only a few hours after Hauser's.
就在豪瑟死亡幾小時后
I'm gonna tell Luntz to put a rush on ballistics.
我去告訴倫茨催促一下彈道檢查
This doesn't make any sense.
這說不通啊
Why would the same person want to kill both the man
為什么同一個人會想殺掉
who stole people's life's savings
偷取人們積蓄的人
and the reporter who exposed him?
以及揭發報道他的記者
Seems like if you hated one,
通常如果你仇視其中一個
you'd be a fan of the other.
就應該會支持另一個
Rare to come across such a literal case
很少碰到這樣的案子
of someone shooting the messenger.
有人會槍擊信使
Looks like she plugged in her laptop here.
看起來她把筆記本電腦放在這里
We should find out if it's missing.
我們應該找找看還在不在
Come and have a look at this.
過來看看這個
The killer entered by force.
殺手是破門進來的
Kicked the door here.
踢了門的這里
Mmm. Sap of the Osage orange, unless I'm mistaken.
如果沒錯的話,是奧色治橙子的汁液味道
I'm good.
不用了
Bit of a misnomer, really.
其實有點用詞不當
Aside from a vague... citrusy scent,
除了一點淡淡的...柑橘香味
it is unrelated to the orange.
它和橙子沒有關系
It's a closer cousin to the mulberry, actually.
事實上,它是桑葚的近親
So, killer kicked in the door,
殺手踹開了門
transferred the sap from his shoe.
把鞋上的汁液弄到了門上
Which tells us the most likely route he took on his way here.
這就告訴了我們他來的路上最可能經過的路徑
"Monkey balls."
"猴子球"
Beg your pardon?
你說什么
One of the many folk names for the Osage orange.
是奧色治橙子的眾多俗稱之一
Squirrels rip the fruit apart,
松鼠們把果實撕破
spreading the seeds and the sap on the ground.
種子和汁液就濺落在地上
This park is the only place in the vicinity
這個公園是努涅斯女士住處附近
of Ms. Nunez's apartment where one is likely to find one of these.
唯一一處可能找到這種果實的地方
So you think whoever shot her walked through here
所以你認為殺害她的兇手
on his way to her apartment.
在去她家的路上經過了這里
And perhaps again when he left.
可能在離開時又經過了一次
Isn't that Alfredo's ringtone?
那不是阿弗雷多的鈴聲嗎
Yes, he's been harassing me. I promised
是的,他一直在騷擾我,我答應
I would go to a meeting with him yesterday,
昨天和他參加一個互助會
but the investigation took precedence.
但因為調查的事耽誤了
It still does.
現在仍然沒時間
Check it out, check it out!
快看啊
Behold, Watson,
看啊,華生
a generation lost to narcissism.
自戀的一代
A populace who believes that no experience is
這代人覺得如果不能夠上傳到網上
worth having unless it's been uploaded
并得到足夠的點擊率
and received its fair share of hits,
任何經歷都是沒有價值的
for whom the pinnacle of achievement is having the moment
這些人的人生頂峰是
you crush your genitalia on a metal railing
蛋蛋撞到金屬欄桿上的時刻
achieve "Meme" status.
達到的"我牛逼"狀態
And yet their self-absorption may, in this instance, serve us.
可這一次他們的自我關注可能還幫了我們
I happen to know from my police scanner that the police
我碰巧從我警局的線人那得知
are often called to this park to chase skateboarders away.
警察經常被叫來驅趕這些玩滑板的
They are, to the dismay of some parkgoers, here at all hours.
據一些焦慮的公園游客反映,他們整天在這里
So if they were here two nights ago when the killer walked by,
所以如果兩天前兇手走過時他們也在的話
one of them might have caught them on their cell phone.
也許有人在手機上拍到了他
I will talk to the narcissists.
我去跟自戀狂們談談
You go meet Alfredo so you can get to a meeting.
你去跟阿弗雷多碰頭參加互助會
I've stitched up a lot of these guys
以前我在急診室實習時縫合過
back during my E.R. Rotation. I know how to talk to them.
很多滑板少年,我知道怎樣跟他們溝通
You speak idiot?
你還會說笨蛋的語言
You also don't seem like you're in the greatest mood.
而且你心情也不是很好
This might need a softer touch.
這種溝通不能硬來
I'll let you know if anything turns up.
有什么發現我會告訴你的
You're not Alfredo.
你不是阿弗雷多
You're Sherlock, right?
你是夏洛克,對吧
And you are?
你是
Randy.
蘭迪
Name or adjective? What?
名字還是形容詞,你說什么
Short for "Randall"? Or state of sexual arousal?
是蘭德爾的簡稱,還是性興奮的狀況
Are you asking me if I'm horny?
你是在問我是否饑渴嗎
Well, cars like this can have that effect on some men.
這樣的車會對某些男人有這種影響
Sherlock,
夏洛克
I see you guys have met.
你們已經見過了
Ah. I thought for a moment that your home had been infiltrated.
我還以為有人潛入你家了
I see that's not the case.
看來不是那么回事
No, Randy and I met at a meeting a few weeks ago.
不,蘭迪和我幾周前在一次互助會上認識的
Three months sober.
已經戒毒三個月了
He's been going it alone for now, but...
他現在正獨自戒毒,但...
we were talking a few nights ago, and...
我們幾天前談過
we think he might benefit from a sponsor.
我們覺得也許有個擔保人對他更好
Yep. Yep. A wise decision.
是的,明智的決定
Yeah. And a... excellent choice.
而且,是很好的選擇
Yeah, um, Alfredo has, uh,
對,阿弗雷多
helped me profoundly over the last 18 months, so, uh,
在過去的十八個月里幫了我很多
yeah, you're in excellent hands.
你找對人了
Actually, I was thinking
事實上,我在想
that you might be the man for the job.
你可能是這個活的合適人選
Alfredo tells me i can learn a lot from you.
阿弗雷多說我能從你身上學到很多
Yeah. Um...
哦...
Could you just... could you give us a moment?
你能不能...能不能回避一下
We'll just be one second, all right?
你稍微等一下
You're joking.
你在開玩笑
Do you think the idea of you
你覺得讓你成為
becoming a sponsor is funny? Because I don't.
擔保人這主意可笑嗎,我不這么認為
I've been thinking about it for a while, okay?
我已經考慮很久了,知道嗎
The stuff you said the other night pretty much sealed it.
那天你吐露的心聲讓我確定了這點兒
What "stuff"?
什么"心聲"
Do you want to know why you've been
你想知道過去幾周
so agitated for the last few weeks?
你為什么那么焦慮不安
Why you've been so distracted?
為什么那么心煩意亂
Because you feel bad about what happened to your friend.
因為你對你朋友的遭遇感到不好受
I told you.
我告訴過你
I was completely in the right.
我沒有任何失誤
Maybe for the old you, that would've been enough.
也許對以前的你來說,沒錯就夠了
But not now.
但現在不夠
You're different now.
你已經不一樣了
You committed yourself to the program
你一直參加小組互助活動
and now you heard other people tell their stories.
在你聽別人講述他們的故事的時候
And a little empathy crept in.
同情心一點一點滲透進去
That's what's supposed to happen.
這是順其自然應該發生的事
That's how it works.
就是這樣起作用的
You want to help Detective Bell, but he won't let you.
你想要幫助貝爾警探,但他不讓你幫
That is a good instinct to have.
有這種自覺很好
Why not try to apply it somewhere else?
為什么不試著把這種自覺用到其他地方呢
Being a sponsor means being available.
做擔保人意味著需要時刻準備著
You know me. You know my work.
你知道我的,還有我的工作
It's all-consuming.
太花時間了
You find time for meetings, don't you?
你都能給互助會騰出時間了,不是嗎
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I won't be able to make this evening's meeting after all.
今晚的互助會我可能去不了了
Duty calls.
有任務
As it always will.
源源不斷的任務
Any luck? Aside from getting a master class
有什么發現嗎,除了學到
in the difference between a switch and a fakie, no.
反腳和倒滑的區別之外,沒了
No one walking by jumped out as suspicious.
沒人看著像有嫌疑的
How was the meeting?
互助會怎么樣
Probably quite good. I will never know.
應該不錯,我不清楚
Because as soon as I got to Alfredo's,
因為我到了阿弗雷多家后
I was the victim of an ambush.
迎接我的卻是場突襲
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
He expressed his opinion that it was time I became a sponsor.
他覺得我是時候當擔保人了
And what did you say?
那你說什么了
I told him my life is not conducive to making myself
我跟他說我的人生
available every time someone else was in crisis.
不是為了給別人收拾爛攤子用的
You do get that no one's life is, right?
你要知道沒有人的人生是,好嗎
Oh, my God.
天啊
What is it?
怎么了
The man with the bag.
那個背著包的男人
I know him.
我認識他
Small world.
世界真小
Not that small.
沒那么小
I don't remember his name.
我記不得他的名字
We crossed paths when I first started working with Chloe.
我剛開始和克洛伊合作的時候見過他
He came to her apartment one night.
某天晚上他去了她公寓
That you saying there is a connection between Chloe Butler,
你是說克洛伊·巴特勒
who discovered Donald Hauser's body, and a man seen
這個發現唐納德·豪瑟尸體的人
in the vicinity of Rosalie Nunez's apartment
和羅莎莉·努涅斯被殺害沒多久
shortly after her murder?
就出現在她家附近的人有某種聯系
You're right-- the world is not that small.
好吧,世界是沒那么小
I can't believe it, but yeah, that's Nelson.
我不敢相信,但沒錯,那是納爾遜
Nelson Maddox. You said this was taken
納爾遜·馬多克斯,你說這照片
outside the apartment of the reporter who died?
是在死掉的那個記者家附近拍到的
A few blocks away.
只有幾個街區遠
You know how I recognized him, right?
你知道我是怎么認出他的吧
You were here that night.
那晚你也在
The night he came over.
他來找我那晚
He was yelling at you.
我看到他在沖你大吼
I mean, I assumed he was your ex, but...
我是說,我以為他是你的前男友,但...
you didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't push.
當時你不太想談他,所以我也沒多問
Nelson and I were...
納爾遜和我
together...
在一起的時候
when I was using. Donald used to bring him
我還在吸毒,我還在餐廳工作的時候
into the restaurant when I still worked there.
唐納德總帶他過來
He introduced us.
他介紹我們認識的
Uh, Nelson said he was an entrepreneur.
納爾遜說他是個企業家
But then I realized that was his way of saying "Criminal".
但后來我才意識到他指的是"罪犯"
What kind of criminal?
什么樣的罪犯
I don't know. Something with drugs.
我不清楚,可能和毒品有關
He always had a fix,
他總能幫我搞到毒品
and back then, that's all that mattered to me.
那時,我也只關心這個
But after rehab...
但康戒之后
I told him that I couldn't see him again, and...
我告訴他我不能再見他了
he got angry, and...
他很生氣,然后...
he came to see me...
他來找我...
It's okay, take your time.
沒關系,慢慢來
I never saw him again,
我再沒見過他了
not till you showed me his picture.
直到你剛剛給我看的照片
How did he and Donald know each other?
他和唐納德是怎么認識的
Was Nelson a business client?
納爾遜是他的客戶嗎
Yeah. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was.
是的,我非常確定他是
Well, if Donald swindled him,
如果唐納德騙了他的錢
then he would have motive to kill him.
他就有殺人的動機了
But why hurt Rosalie?
但為什么要殺羅莎莉呢
Joan...
喬恩
you know you can't tell anyone about this.
你知道你不能跟任何人說起這個吧
The only reason that you recognized Nelson
你認出納爾遜的唯一原因
was because you were here as my sober companion.
是因為你是我的康戒陪護
If you tell the police how you knew him,
如果你跟警察說起你怎么認識他的
you're gonna have to tell them about me, about my past.
你就必須告訴他們我的事,我的過去
Chloe... I know you don't like to talk about it, but...
克洛伊,我知道你不想談起過去,但...
You don't understand.
你不明白
I am in a custody battle for Shane.
我在爭取肖恩的監護權
His father doesn't know anything about my life before.
他父親不知道我的過去
Wh-what do you mean?
你什么意思
The lawyers don't know.
律師不知道
The court doesn't know.
法庭也不知道
If it comes out now that I'm an addict,
如果現在被人發現我是個癮君子
I mean, I-it looks like I hid it--
我是說,這看上去就很像故意隱瞞
they could use it to take Shane away.
他們會用這事奪走肖恩的
Two people are dead.
兩個人死掉了
And that kills me, Joan.
這讓我很難受,喬恩
But you signed a confidentiality agreement.
但你簽了保密協議
You gave your word that you would protect me.
你發誓保護我的
I am sorry...
我很抱歉
but if you want to connect Nelson to Donald,
但如果你想把納爾遜和唐納德聯系起來
you're gonna have to find another way.
你只能通過別的途徑了
Let's make sure I understand you-- we now have a name
讓我理清楚你的意思
to put to the face of the man that we believe
我們現在已經弄清楚誰殘忍地
brutally murdered Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez,
殺害了唐納德·豪瑟和羅莎莉·努涅斯
but we can't share it with the authorities?
但我們不能通知警方
Not unless we can connect the dots
除非在不牽扯克洛伊的情況下
without involving Chloe.
我們能把他們聯系起來
Which, in this case, is the same thing,
但在現在這個情況下,這就是一個意思
because Chloe is the connection.
因為唯一的聯系就是克洛伊
And all this over a promise
只是因為
you made in another career?
你前一份工作里做出的承諾
Yes. Just like the promise I made you
沒錯,就像我們剛開始工作時
when we first started working together.
我對你做出的承諾一樣
Uh, what was it you told people I was back then?
你那時候是怎么跟別人介紹我的
Ah. A personal valet.
貼身女仆
If our confidentiality agreement
如果我們的保密協議
had ever come between us and a murderer,
涉及到謀殺案
I would have exposed myself as an addict in a heartbeat.
我絕對眼都不眨地承認我是個癮君子
This is not about Chloe being ashamed.
克洛伊不是因為感到羞恥才拒絕的
It's bigger than that--
比那要嚴重得多
she could lose her child.
她可能因此失去她的孩子
That's unlikely even if the boy's father did find out,
不可能,即使孩子父親發現了真相
and it's far from a certainty that he will.
而且孩子的父親也不太可能發現真相
Donald Hauser was an execrable human being.
唐納德·豪瑟是個惡棍
Rosalie Nunez was not.
但羅莎莉·努涅斯不是
She had a family; they loved her.
她有愛著她的家人
She had friends, colleagues-- many people consider her a hero
她有朋友,同事,還有許多人因為
for exposing Hauser...
她揭露豪瑟的事把她看做英雄
This is not up for discussion.
這件事沒得商量
We have to find another way to connect Maddox to Hauser.
只有另找途徑把馬多克斯和豪瑟聯系起來
And while we look for this other connection,
但在我們另找途徑的同時
Mr. Maddox remains at large,
馬多克斯先生卻逍遙法外
free to cover his tracks or disappear.
隨時能抹掉證據或消失不見
We should at least tell the captain what we've uncovered.
我們至少可以告訴警監我們的發現
Explain the situation,
跟他解釋清楚情況
but make it clear that Chloe's identity is to remain a secret.
讓他保密克洛伊的情況
I suggested that, okay? She said no.
我提過這個建議,但她拒絕了
What if we do it anyway?
我們為什么不就這么做呢
Why must she ever know?
她沒必要知道這些,不是嗎
So your solution is to make a liar out of me,
你的解決方案就是讓我變成個騙子嗎
after I told her that she could trust you?
在我告訴她你值得信任之后嗎
I have us at the very doorstep of a solution, Watson!
我們離成功只有一步之遙了,華生
Did you not learn anything
貝爾受傷之后你難道
from what happened to Bell?
什么教訓都沒學到嗎
He got hurt because of choices that we made!
他受傷是因為我們做出的決定
There was no way to predict that he would be placed in danger.
我們根本沒辦法預知他會有危險
Just like there's no way to know what's gonna happen to Chloe
如果我們把克洛伊牽扯到調查中
if we drag her name into this investigation.
你也沒辦法預知她會發生什么事
You beat the alarm.
你搞定了警報器
Only a matter of time.
不過是時間問題
And my home alarm.
還有我的家用警報器
Child's play.
輕而易舉
Not really befitting a man in your line of work.
不應該是你們這行的水平
You might want to replace these.
你可能想換掉這些
Well, obviously you want to talk, so talk.
很明顯,你想找人聊,那就聊聊吧
I've always had compassion
對于我調查的案件中的受害者
for the victims of the crimes I investigate.
我總是抱有同情
My capacity to place myself in other people's shoes,
我將自己置于他人境況中的能力
to imagine what they're thinking and feeling, is a...
以及想他人所想的能力
is a necessary skill in determining motive.
在調查犯罪動機中是一項必備技能
One at which I excel.
我在這方面很優秀
This capacity...
這種能力
has never been a detriment to my work.
從未對我的工作造成任何負面影響
Lately, however...
但是最近
Bell's been on your mind. I get it.
貝爾的事情讓你耿耿于懷,我明白
And you would risk exacerbating this problem
但你卻冒著讓這一問題惡化的風險
by assigning me a sponsee.
給我分配一個被擔保人
No one's "assigning" you anything.
沒人在給你分配任何東西
That's not how it works.
擔保與被擔保不是這樣進行的
I just think you're ready.
我只是覺得你準備好了
You think it's gonna...
你認為這能使我
focus me, and provide a relief valve
集中精力,并為我提供了一個渠道
for all the feelings I've been having
釋放自己對于警探這件事
regarding the detective's situation.
所產生的情緒
Even if I did, there's one thing you got to remember.
即使我是這么想的,你也要記住一點
It's not about you.
這和你無關
You've gotten a lot out of the program.
你從互助會上學到很多
Don't you think it's time to give something back?
你不覺得也應該回饋些什么嗎
Early start, I see.
這么早就開始工作了
Late night, actually. I tried to sleep but couldn't,
其實是在熬夜,想睡但睡不著
so I stayed at it.
所以就通宵了
Chloe said Maddox was a client of Hauser's,
克洛伊說馬多克斯是豪瑟的一位客戶
but his name is not in any of Hauser's accounts.
但他的名字從未出現在豪瑟的賬本中
I've been over the records a dozen times--
我已經研究賬本十多次了
I cannot find a link between the two.
還是不能找到二者的聯系
If we were able to establish that Maddox lost money
如果我們能夠找到證據,證明馬多克斯
on Hauser's pyramid scheme, we would have our connection
在豪瑟的騙局中賠了錢,我們就能
without implicating Chloe,
將二者聯系在一起,還不牽扯克洛伊
as well as Maddox's motive for murder.
也就找到了馬多克斯的殺人動機
In the meantime, I sent Captain Gregson
同時,我把馬多克斯在公園的錄像帶
the video of Maddox in the park
發給了格雷森警監
and convinced him to release it to the press.
并說服他公布錄像
You were right.
你是對的
If we bring him in, it'll at least buy us some time.
如果我們逮捕他,還能為我們贏得些時間
And getting him in a room might shake out another connection.
審訊他也許能為我們找到另一條線索
Did you tell the Captain about Chloe? No. Remember how
你告訴警監克洛伊的事了嗎,沒有
I noticed Rosalie's laptop was missing from her apartment?
記得我發現羅莎莉的筆記本電腦失蹤了嗎
Well, I looked into it-- it never turned up.
我調查了一下,沒發現筆記本電腦的去向
Then I told the Captain about the sap on Rosalie's door
我告訴了警監羅莎莉家門上的樹液
and how that led us to the park.
以及我們如何通過它來到公園的
Then I sent him the video
然后將馬多克斯身挎
of Maddox walking away with a laptop bag
電腦包,在案發時間左右
slung over his shoulder right around the time of the murder.
在公園出現的視頻發給他
I couldn't give him Maddox's name
我不能告訴他馬多克斯的名字
without bringing up, Chloe, of course,
因為這會牽扯到克洛伊
but at least his face is out there.
但至少他的樣子已經公布于眾了
I know it's not ideal.
我知道這不是最好的辦法
But given the circumstances,
但基于現有的情況
it was quite literally all that we could do.
我們只能做這么多了
Well done.
干得好
It's Captain Gregson.
是格雷森警監
Someone saw Maddox's face on the news
有人在新聞上看到馬多克斯
and called in a tip.
打電話來提供線索
A member of your outreach staff
你公司外展工作人員中的一位
met him at a fund-raiser
在募捐會上見過他
your organization threw about a year ago.
募捐會是你們公司在一年前舉辦的
She dug up the guest list for us.
她幫我們查找了賓客名單
The list gave us a name:
名單中顯示,這人名叫
Nelson Maddox.
納爾遜·馬多克斯
I remember him.
我記得他
I met him through Donald.
我是通過唐納德認識他的
I-I think Donald was the one
我想是唐納德
who invited him to the fund-raiser.
邀請他參加募捐會的
Do you think you'd be able to shed
你能告訴我們
any light on their relationship?
他們之間的關系嗎
Donald introduced him
唐納德介紹他
as another client.
是一名客戶
Uh... I think he had something to do with the art world.
我想他和藝術圈有關
In fact, he donated a few paintings
事實上,那晚他捐贈了
to the auction that night.
一些畫作給拍賣會
I'm pretty sure they all sold.
我確定那些作品已全部售出
Thank you. This was very helpful.
謝謝,你的信息很有幫助
He said Maddox was a client of Hauser's
他說馬多克斯是豪瑟的一位客戶
who was involved in the art world.
并且是在藝術圈中的人
I have been all over that client list--
我仔細看了賓客單
the only thing that comes close is an art gallery in Chelsea.
和藝術圈有關的就是切爾西的一家藝廊
Maddox's name was not associated with it.
但馬多克斯的名字與它毫無聯系
But do you think he may have been a silent partner?
他會不會是隱名合伙人
Well, it would explain where he got all the art he donated.
這樣的話就能解釋他所捐贈的那幾幅畫了
Sorry, mm...
抱歉
No. You don't know him?
不認識,你不認識他
Fabiana, did you say it was?
你叫菲比安娜,對吧
Fabiana, would it be safe to assume
菲比安娜,我猜想
that you are not the owner of this establishment?
你不是藝廊的主人對吧
Why you assume that?
你為什么這么說
I mean no disrespect.
我沒有任何不敬的意思
I'm sure you're a valued member of the team.
我確信你是團隊中有價值的一名隊員
But do you know the owner, or owners?
但你認識藝廊的所有者或者所有者們嗎
Of course. But you don't know the man in the photograph.
當然認識,但你不認識照片中的人
And the name Nelson Maddox doesn't mean anything to you?
納爾遜·馬多克斯這個名字你也沒聽過
No. Sorry.
沒有,不好意思
Uh, do you mind if we peruse?
你介意我們仔細看看嗎
Huge fans of the neo-deconceptualists.
我們是新型非概念主義的粉絲
Sure.
沒問題
Thank you.
謝謝
Neo-deconceptualists?
新型非概念主義者
Not a thing.
沒這個東西
Don't tell Fabiana-- it might crush her.
別告訴菲比安娜,她會崩潰的
So she was obviously lying
很明顯,她說自己不認識
about not knowing Nelson Maddox.
納爾遜·馬多克斯是在說謊
Yeah, obviously.
是的,很明顯
Excuse me.
不好意思
You see something?
你發現什么了嗎
Fabiana, did you open up the gallery this morning?
菲比安娜,今早是你開的門嗎
Nothing out of the ordinary?
沒什么可疑的嗎
No.
沒有
No.
沒有
Heel scuffs on the floor.
鞋跟在地板上的劃痕
Looks like someone was dragged.
像是拖拽某人造成的
Out here.
去了外邊
Would you care to revise your answers?
你想要更改你的答案嗎
Because it would appear
因為看起來納爾遜·馬多克斯
that Nelson Maddox has some connection
和這個藝廊
to this gallery after all.
還是有聯系的
So, Maddox's car
馬多克斯的車
was parked up the block, and inside it,
停在一個街區外的地方
we found the gun, right caliber, and the same
我們在車里發現一把口徑相符的槍
kind of rope used to bind Donald Hauser and Rosalie Nunez.
還有捆唐納德·豪瑟和羅莎莉·努涅斯的繩子
Now, under the circumstances, Fabiana admitted
在這樣的情況下,菲比安娜承認
that Maddox was a silent partner, and
馬多克斯是一位隱名合伙人
that his main line of work was distributing street drugs
他的主要工作是給那些秘密客戶
to a discreet level of clientele.
提供毒品
As in, a dealer for rich people.
也就是為富人提供毒品
Presumably, her employers were not fond of admitting
可能她的老板不想承認
they had a drug dealer as an investor.
投資者中有一位販毒者
Hence, her initial silence.
所以她保持沉默
So Maddox had money tied up in the gallery,
所以馬多克斯的錢與藝廊聯系在一起
and the gallery was a client of Donald Hauser's.
而藝廊又是唐納德·豪瑟的一個客戶
So, that explains why Maddox killed Hauser.
也就解釋了為什么馬多克斯殺了豪瑟
Now, the question is, who killed Maddox?
問題是,誰殺了馬多克斯
And why did Maddox kill Rosalie Nunez
以及馬多克斯為什么殺了羅莎莉·努涅斯
and steal her laptop?
還偷了她的筆記本電腦
She must have found something
在調查豪瑟的騙局時
on Maddox when she researched Hauser's pyramid scam.
她一定發現了什么
But if his only connection to Hauser
但如果馬多克斯與豪瑟的唯一聯系
was this gallery, what's so incriminating about that?
是這間藝廊,這又有什么問題呢
Watson, I think you're right.
華生,我想你是對的
About what?
關于什么
That Rosalie Nunez knew
羅莎莉·努涅斯知道
that there was more to this gallery than meets the eye.
這個藝廊肯定隱瞞了什么秘密
The red dots
這些紅點
on the wall that are placed next to some of the pieces.
標記在某些作品旁邊的墻上
As you would find in any such establishment,
這在藝廊里經常會看到
they're placed next to an item to indicate that that particular item has been sold.
是用來表示旁邊的這幅作品已經出售了
But in this gallery...
可在這間藝廊里
the dots are consistently placed next to every third piece.
每隔兩幅畫就會標記一個紅點
As if a single individual,
似乎是有個人
walking at a relatively steady pace, circled the room,
步伐勻速,繞著房間走
peeling off dots...
做下標記
randomly designating certain pieces as sold.
隨機指定某些作品被出售了
Reality would never be so tidy.
現實不可能這么有規律
What we have here is a shoddily executed lie.
這一切都是一個粗制濫造的謊言
I submit that these dots exist
我認為這些紅點
to make it look like business is being conducted in here.
是為了讓這里看起來在正常營業
Whereas, in truth, the gallery in which we stand
而事實上,我們所在的這間藝廊
is much more likely a money-laundering front.
其實是個洗黑錢的掩護所
Fabiana?
菲比安娜
Can I trouble you for one more thing? Your books.
能再麻煩你一件事嗎,你們的賬本
If these items on the walls have indeed been sold,
如果墻上的這些作品真被出售了
you must maintain a record of whom they've been sold to, yes?
你們一定留有買家的記錄,對吧
Yes.
對
You wanted to see me?
你們找我
Jacob Weiss, this is Captain Gregson of the NYPD.
雅各布·韋斯,這是紐約警局的格雷森警監
How do you do?
你好
Magnificent work you do.
你真是功德無量
Setting right, in at least some small way,
想為幾十年前那場可怕的罪行
such a horrific wrong done decades ago.
做些彌補,盡管是很小的方面
I wonder how some of the Holocaust survivors would feel,
我很好奇,那些大屠殺的幸存者若知道
knowing that money had been claimed in their names
有人冒他們之名索賠,他們卻毫不知情
without them knowing, or-or even seeing a dime.
更沒拿到一分錢,會怎么想
Excuse me?
你說什么
You've been embezzling millions from your own charity by filing
你以幸存者的名義填寫虛假的索賠申請
false claims in the names of survivors
從自己的慈善機構貪污了數百萬
who are either dead, or who were simply never informed.
這些人要么已經死了,要么毫不知情
How-how dare you accuse me...?!
你豈敢指責我...
This is a list of people
這份名單上的人都應該
who supposedly bought artwork from Nelson Maddox's gallery.
從納爾遜·馬多克斯的藝廊買了作品
The same gallery that you claimed to know absolutely nothing about.
你聲稱對這間藝廊一無所知
Funny thing is,
但有趣的是
I remember seeing all of these names somewhere before.
所有這些名字我之前都見過
Here, on this sculpture.
就是這里,在這雕塑上
It's quite a coincidence, isn't it?
實在太巧了,對不對
So many of the gallery's customers
這么多藝廊的顧客
being survivors that you'd helped.
正好是你幫助過的幸存者
You and Nelson Maddox were business partners.
你跟納爾遜·馬多克斯是商業合作伙伴
You laundered the embezzled money through his gallery.
你用他的藝廊漂白你貪污的錢
That was the incriminating evidence
唐納德·豪瑟的文件里
in Donald Hauser's files.
有你確鑿的罪證
We strongly suspect that, as the charity's CPA,
我們懷疑,作為這家機構的注冊會計師
Hauser realized what was going on, and even he
豪瑟發現了你的所作所為
couldn't stomach it.
就連他都無法接受
When his own house of cards came tumbling down,
在他自己的騙局被公之于眾
and he decided to take his own life,
他決定自殺一了百了時
he also decided to share what he knew about your scheme with Rosalie Nunez.
他也把你的計謀告訴了羅莎莉·努涅斯
In your own words,
用你自己的話說
perhaps it was a "Karmic counterbalance."
可能這就是為了"消除業障"
We think his mistake was giving you a heads-up.
我們覺得他錯在給你提了個醒
Probably when the two of you had dinner a few nights ago.
也許就是幾晚前你們倆吃晚餐的時候
That gave you time to contact Maddox,
這讓你有時間聯系馬多克斯
who then tortured out of Hauser what he'd done with the files.
他折磨豪瑟說出了文件的下落
Maddox then killed Rosalie, and took her laptop.
然后馬多克斯就殺了羅莎莉并拿了她的電腦
When you saw on the news that we had
當你在新聞上看到
identified Maddox as the killer,
我們確定馬多克斯就是兇手后
you killed him to cover your tracks.
你殺了他以求自保
We're already working our way down that list of supposed art buyers.
我們已經在查那份藝術品買家的名單了
So far, not one of them or their families had any idea
到目前為止,沒有人或其家人知道
they'd been awarded six-figure settlements.
他們獲得了六位數的賠償金
I don't suppose you'd like to explain why that is.
我想你不太想解釋這事的原因吧
Oh, sorry. I was, uh...
不好意思,我...
I was looking for Captain Gregson.
我在找格雷森警監
Detective Bell.
貝爾警探
That's all right. Come in.
沒關系,進來吧
Frank Da Silva.
我是弗蘭克·達·席爾瓦
Have a seat.
請坐
As in, Deputy Commissioner Da Silva?
您是達·席爾瓦副局長
Captain Gregson was nice enough to lend us his office
格雷森警監善意地提供了他的辦公室
so that we could speak privately.
好讓我們能單獨聊聊
What do you know about my division, Detective?
你對我的部門有多少了解,警探
I got a pretty good idea.
有些了解
You're in charge of an intelligence unit? Surveillance?
您主管情報部門,負責監控是嗎
It's called the Demographics Unit.
其實叫做人口統計學部門
The-the name's not mine.
這名可不是我起的
To me, uh, being so euphemistic--it's, um,
我覺得,起個這么委婉的名字
makes it sound like you're doing something wrong.
弄得好像是在做什么見不得人的事
And we're not.
可事實并非如此
We're just...
我們只是
keeping an eye out on certain groups.
關注某些特定的人群
Listening for concerning chatter.
監聽可疑的對話
I think if you took a close look at what we've been doing,
我相信如果你詳細了解我們的工作
you'd agree that we're keeping the city safe.
你會同意我們是在保證城市的安全
You don't have to convince me...
您其實不必說服我
No, but I'd like to. Sir?
但我想要說服你,您這是...
I wanted to talk to you
我來跟你說這些
because your situation has been brought to my attention.
是因為有人跟我說了你的情況
I'm told that you are an exceptional detective.
我聽說你是名非常出色的警探
You're a man with a good head on his shoulders,
你是個很有頭腦的人
who, by no fault of his own,
卻因為別人的原因
may be staring at a desk job for a good, long time.
可能有很長一陣子只能做文職工作
Or...
或者
you could come work for me.
你可以來我的部門
Does that interest you, Detective?
你有興趣嗎,警探
Would you care to help protect your city from the next attack?
你愿意與我一同保護紐約免受下一次襲擊嗎
Enter!
請進
Randall, thank you for coming.
蘭德爾,謝謝你過來
Sure.
沒什么
Cool place.
這地方真不賴
Won't you please sit down?
請坐吧
Look, man...
聽著,伙計
if you don't want to be my sponsor, it's all good.
如果你不想當我的擔保人,沒關系
I do.
我想
I do.
我想當
When I chose Alfredo to be my sponsor, I did so on a whim.
當初我選阿弗雷多做我的擔保人全是一時興起
I felt pressure to find one, so I chose him at random.
我迫于壓力,然后隨便挑了他
I had very low expectations of him,
我對他完全沒什么期望
and of sponsorship, in general.
對這種擔保制度也一樣
Didn't think I needed either.
覺得我不需要這些
I was wrong.
但我錯了
He has taught me how to get the very most out of the program.
他教會了我如何從這個項目里獲利最大
He did not coddle me.
他并沒有擁抱安慰我
And so, if we choose to formalize our relationship,
所以如果我們要正式開始這段關系
I will not coddle you.
我也不會擁抱安慰你
If you have come seeking a friend,
如果你是來找朋友的
look elsewhere.
最好去別處
If you need a therapist,
如果你需要咨詢師
I will happily supply you with a list.
我很樂意給你推薦人選
I will only ever be your sponsor.
我只會做你的擔保人
I will share with you my methods,
我會跟你分享我的方法
and hope that your commitment to sobriety is as great as my own.
并期望你和我一樣對戒毒下定決心
Are these terms acceptable?
你能接受這些條件嗎
You're sober.
你不再吸毒了
You have been for a long time now.
已經戒了很長時間
Of course I find the terms acceptable.
我當然能接受這些條件