Previously on Elementary...
《福爾摩斯:演繹法》前情提要
He's only loved one person
據我所知
in his life, as far as I can tell,
他一生只愛過一個人
and she was murdered.
而她卻慘遭殺害
My name is Moriarty.
我的名字叫莫里亞蒂
I believe we're overdue for a chat.
我相信這對話久違了
Moriarty said you weren't to be harmed,
莫里亞蒂說不能讓你受傷
but then, a few hours ago, she tried
但幾個小時前
to have me killed. "She"?
她試圖殺了我,"她"
Moriarty.
莫里亞蒂
So who was the man I spoke to on the phone?
那跟我講電話的那個男人是誰
You talked to one of my lieutenants.
跟你說話的是我的一個副手
He has, over the years, played the role repeatedly.
多年來他一直扮演這個角色
You said
你說
there was only one person in the world
世上只有一人
who could surprise you.
能讓你感到意外
Turns out there's two.
看來是有兩個
I'm going to get a coffee with a guy from True Romantix.
我要去和真愛網上認識的一位男士喝咖啡
I told him I only have an hour, so
我和他說我只有一個小時的空閑時間
if he is a dud,
所以如果他很沒勁的話
I will be back soon.
我很快就回來了
I'm certain it will be a profound experience
我肯定你倆
for the both of you.
會共度愉快的時光
Are you out of clean laundry?
你沒干凈衣服穿了嗎
Enjoy.
自個兒慢慢玩吧
We have spilled much ink, you and I,
你與我,我們花費很多筆墨
in our discussion of human connection...
來討論人際關系
and we're no closer to understanding
但自我們通信開始
than we were when the correspondence began.
卻從未增進共識
I often feel as if I'm standing
我總感覺自己好似
on one side of a wide chasm,
站在大峽谷的一邊
shouting across,
大聲呼喊
and wondering if the response I hear comes from you,
思考我所聽見的回復,是來自于你
or if it is my own voice echoing back to me.
還只是自己的回聲
It seems to me, on my side of the canyon,
在我這邊的峽谷
that the search for unity with another
尋求他人的相伴
is the font of much of the world's unhappiness.
似乎是這個世界大部分不幸的根源
I watch as Watson, eager as ever to extract some meaning
我眼見華生一如既往地渴望
from the prevailing social conventions,
從普遍的社會習俗里,找出其中意義
endures a series of curated mating rituals.
經歷了一場又一場安排好的相親
It seems to me that she's incrementally
而在我看來,每次相親歸來
less content each time she returns from one.
她的不滿反而會遞增
I conduct myself as though
我把自己定位為
I'm above matters of the heart,
雖然超脫于世俗感情
chiefly because I have seen them corrode people I respect.
主要因為我曾親眼見證它毀了我所尊敬的人
But in my candid moments,
但在我真性流露的時刻
I sometimes wonder if I take the stance I do because love,
我有時會思考自己這么想是否因為愛
for lack of a better word,
鑒于我找不到更貼切的詞匯
is a game I fail to understand,
是一場我無法理解的游戲
and so I opt not to play.
所以我選擇全身而退
After all, if I truly had
畢竟,如果我的信念
the purity of all my convictions,
當真如此純粹
I wouldn't regret so many of the things i've done.
我便不會為這么多自己的所作所為而后悔
Nor would I persist,
我也不會
against so many of my better instincts,
違背自己許多明知更好的直覺
in this correspondence.
堅持與你通信
I find you a challenge,
我把你視為挑戰
one that, in spite of all that you've done,
一個盡管罪行累累
continues to stimulate.
卻仍能刺激我的挑戰
And so the conversation, futile though it may finally be,
所以這番對話,就算最后可能是一場徒勞
continues, and we are left to wonder:
仍在繼續,我們共同思索
have we simply failed to find the answers to the questions
只是我們無法找到迷惑我們的
that preoccupy us...
問題的答案
or can they not be answered at all?
還是它們其實根本無解
Fortunately for both of us,
你我都該慶幸的是
the world always presents the next diversion...
這個世界自會把縈繞其中的問題
the next elaborate distraction from the problems that vex.
推向下一個轉折,下一個錯綜復雜的轉變
We're good.
準備完畢
Kayden.
凱敦
The victim's name was Max Fuller.
死者名叫麥克斯·福勒
British national, some kind of old money.
英國公民,家財萬貫的富豪
His ancestors built the railroads
他的祖先建造了連通
that connects London and Manchester.
倫敦和曼徹斯特的鐵路
Sometime after midnight,
昨天午夜后
they disabled the alarm,
他們破壞了安保系統
got past a state-of-the-art deadbolt
穿過了一扇裝有最先進的門閂
and a steel-plated cage door.
而且是鋼板制成的大門
They encountered Mr. Fuller
他們在上樓
on their way upstairs
去凱敦·福勒臥室的途中
to his daughter Kayden's bedroom.
遇到了福勒先生
Mrs. Fuller woke up about an hour later,
大概一個小時后,福勒太太起床
discovered her husband was gone.
發現她丈夫不見了
Went out to the stairs,
走到樓梯這的時候
found the body.
發現了尸體
Did the kidnappers leave a note?
綁匪留下訊息了嗎
Nothing. The FBI's on their way down now.
沒有,聯調局的人正趕過來
I'd like to see the child's bedroom, please.
我想看看孩子的臥室
No caller I.D.
沒有來電顯示
Just a question mark.
只有一個問號
Mrs. Fuller,
福勒太太
are you up for this?
你準備好了嗎
Hello?
喂
Good evening, Mrs. Fuller.
晚上好,福勒太太
Who is this?
你是哪位
My name hardly matters.
我的名字并不重要
Suffice it to say that you and I are about to embark
重要的是我們接下來要談的
on a brief but intense affair.
簡短而又要緊的事
Would the other parties present care to announce themselves?
在場的其他人不做一下自我介紹嗎
This is Captain Tom Gregson
我是紐約警局的湯姆·格雷森警監
of the NYPD. I'm listening.
我在聽你的電話
Congratulations on beating your federal colleagues to the scene.
恭喜你比聯調局的同事搶先到現場
When they arrive, please tell them that this can be
等他們到了,請告訴他們
a simple transaction, provided no one mucks it up.
只要沒人搗亂,這會是場簡單的交易
The price for the safe return of Kayden Fuller
凱敦·福勒安全回家的代價
is $50 million.
是五千萬
I know that voice.
我認得這聲音
$50 million.
五千萬
It's Moriarty.
是莫里亞蒂
Could you tell me...?
能告訴我...
Moriarty is a woman and she is in jail.
莫里亞蒂是個女人,正在服刑
It's the man who pretended to be Moriarty.
這男人假扮成莫里亞蒂
The one who tried to hire us.
之前想雇我們的那個人
Consolidate the funds and be ready
籌集資金
to issue payment, Ms. Fuller.
準備付款,福勒女士
I'll be in touch with further details.
我會通知你進一步的細節
It does sound like him.
的確像是他的聲音
Was he on long enough? Did you get anything?
通話時間夠長嗎,查到什么了嗎
Captain.
警監
The man you just spoke with
剛剛跟你對話的人
is one of Moriarty's lieutenants.
是莫里亞蒂的手下
As in your Moriarty?
你那位莫里亞蒂
I've spoken with him before myself.
我以前跟他說過話
I'm quite certain.
我很確定
Moriarty's agents do not act without her leave.
莫里亞蒂的手下都是聽命行事的
She's somewhere in this.
她一定也參與其中
I would like to speak with her.
我想跟她談談
You can't just walk
你不能就這樣
into the supermax wing at Newgate.
走進紐蓋特高度戒備的監獄
It shouldn't be overly difficult.
其實也不難
I know for a fact I'm on her list of approved visitors.
我在她的批準訪客名單上
Well, I'll work on that.
我會處理的
How do you know that you're on her list of visitors?
你怎么知道你在她的訪客名單上
There must be 30 letters here.
這里肯定有30封信吧
27. The first one arrived
27封,第一封是在我們
shortly before we left for London.
出發去倫敦前不久寄來的
Moriarty sends them to a post office box I maintain in the Bronx.
莫里亞蒂寄到我在布朗克斯的那個信箱
I've no idea how she learned of it.
不知道她是怎么知道那里的
I began to reply after the fifth one.
第五封之后我開始回信
She said she was on the verge of quitting the correspondence.
她說她快要放棄給我寫信了
And you didn't want that? Of course not.
而你不希望如此,當然
Whatever my history with the woman,
不管我和這女人有什么恩怨
she remains a criminal genius.
她都是個犯罪天才
Her mind and her methods are worthy of study.
她的想法和方式都值得研究
Oh, so all this is in the name of science?
所以這全是出于科學研究
Of course.
是的
Any detective would relish the chance
所有偵探都想要這個機會
to analyze how she thinks.
一探她腦中究竟
I'm a detective.
我是個偵探
You didn't show me these letters.
你沒給我看這些信
You hid them in a beehive.
你把信藏在了蜂窩里
This exchange is an entirely good thing.
這種通信是件好事
I've maintained a relationship with Moriarty,
我跟莫里亞蒂保持聯系
which in turn, should make it easier to learn
反而讓我們更容易
what Faux-riarty is up to.
查清"假"里亞蒂是誰
Faux-riarty?
"假"里亞蒂
The man who pretended to be Moriarty.
假扮莫里亞蒂的那個男人
Do you have a better name for him?
你有更好的名字嗎
Captain.
警監
We're on.
搞定了
The three of us can see your girl in the morning.
我們三個明早能去探監了
Excellent. Shall we drive out together?
好極了,我們開一輛車去嗎
Holmes, she's not in Newgate anymore.
福爾摩斯,她已經不在紐蓋特了
Brooklyn Navy Yard?
布魯克林造船廠
I thought it was all malls and condos now.
我以為現在都建成了商場和公寓
Not quite. Government still owns some of it.
沒有,政府還擁有一部分土地
You have no idea the rabbit hole
你不知道昨晚你讓我辦的
you sent me down last night.
是什么麻煩事
Nobody's answering my questions, not exactly.
沒人正面回答我的問題
Reading between the lines,
字里行間的意思是
the feds keep this section restricted.
聯調局把這片區域戒嚴了
We're headed into a black site.
我們要去黑牢
Those are your words, not mine.
這可是你說的,不是我
The FBI and Scotland Yard are working together
聯調局和蘇格蘭場正協力
to build a case against Moriarty.
落案起訴莫里亞蒂
She hasn't admitted to being at the center
她不承認參與
of any criminal conspiracies, but she has admitted
任何犯罪陰謀,但她承認了
that, uh, various pieces of information have made it to her.
手頭有很多犯罪信息
She's been trading on that ever since we turned her over.
我們將她移交之后她就一直在利用這些信息
So she's secured herself some more comfortable digs.
她是給自己找了個更舒服的住處
Yeah. "Concessions have been made."
是的,"我們做出了讓步"
That's how the SAC put .
戰略空軍司令部是這么說的
Captain Gregson? I'm Ramses Mattoo.
格雷森警監,我是拉姆西斯·馬圖
I dot the Is around here. How do you do?
這里我負責,你好
Please follow me.
請跟我來
The facilities can scale up or down depending on the needs
這地方能按當下需求增大或減小規模
of the moment, but right now we've only got one guest.
但目前我們只有一位住客
This woman has planned God knows how many murders,
天知道這女人謀劃了多少兇殺案
and you give her her own warehouse?
你們還讓她一個人住整間倉庫
As I understand it, the pieces of intelligence
在我看來,她手頭的情報
she's offering have been game changers.
可以顛覆整個游戲
If it's any consolation to you, she's not living in luxury.
如果能安慰你的話,她的居住條件并不好
She gets her art supplies
我們每天早上
and a copy of the Ledger every morning.
給她送繪畫用品和《紐約賬報》
I only keep her locked in.
我只負責把她關在這里
You seem like a competent man, Agent Mattoo.
你看起來是個能干的人,馬圖探員
I'm sure you're aware
你一定知道
that your charge is a vile seductress.
對方是個卑鄙的迷人精
She's capable of manipulations
她能操縱人心
I can only describe as mind-bending.
亂人心智
I've been briefed.
聽說了
As for the "seductress" part,
至于"迷人精"的部分
I'm the only one who interacts with her,
只有我能跟她直接交流
and I've been screened for suitability
而我經過了層層篩選
to this particular inmate.
能應付這位犯人
The brass is confident I can resist her charms.
上頭相信我能抵抗她的魅力
How in the hell do they screen for that?
這要怎么篩選
He's saying he isn't interested in women, Captain.
他的意思是他對女人沒有興趣,警監
It's not a bad idea, actually.
這主意倒不錯
But seduction isn't the only game she knows how to play.
但她精通的可不止是引誘
It's really remarkable.
太了不起了
Excuse me?
你說什么
I knew she was talented,
我知道她才華出眾
but as far as I can tell,
但就我看來
she captured everything.
她捕捉到了一切
You look a bit tired.
你看起來有點累
You look a bit evil.
你看起來有點邪惡
Joan.
喬恩
Of course, Sherlock's told me
夏洛克告訴我
you're doing well.
你最近挺好的
Although I'm sorry to hear your efforts
不過抱歉聽到你尋找
to find a soul mate haven't been fulfilled.
靈魂伴侶的嘗試還沒有結果
I'd, um, hoped to show you my work someplace less bleak.
我希望能在不這么暗的地方向你展示我的作品
More conducive to conversation.
那樣會更有助于談話
Perhaps if you come see me in a year?
或許你可以一年后再來看我
In a year you will be serving multiple life sentences.
一年后你就會在監獄里服刑了
Captain,
警監
I've been scouring the paper for answers,
我有仔細在報紙上找答案
but I have to admit,
但不得不承認
I haven't the foggiest idea why you're here.
我對你們此行的目的一頭霧水
It happened too late for the morning edition.
案子沒來得及刊登在早報上
A seven-year-old girl by the name of Kayden Fuller
一位叫做凱敦·福勒的七歲女孩
was abducted last night.
昨晚被劫持了
The kidnappers murdered her father,
綁架者殺害了她的父親
and they're asking for $50 million.
并且要求五千萬美元的贖金
You recognize that name?
你對這名字有印象嗎
Of course. Uriah Fuller built the railroads
當然,烏利亞·福勒建造了
that connect London to Manchester.
鏈接倫敦和曼徹斯特的鐵路
But if you're here because you think I took the girl,
但如果你們認為是我綁架了小女孩
you're going to be disappointed.
你們會失望的
I'm afraid that a kidnapping for ransom has
我覺得為了贖金的綁架
quite a few moving parts. Too many for my tastes.
有太多變數,不合我的口味
Why, then, did your lieutenant make the ransom call?
那為什么是你的助理打的索要贖金的電話
You know the man I'm referring to.
你知道我指的是誰
You had him call Watson and I, pretend to be you.
你曾讓他假裝你的口氣打給我和華生
Yes, he always was ambitious.
是的,他一直很有野心
I, um, could give you his name, of course.
我當然可以給你們他的名字
His likeness,
他的長相
the names and faces of those he likely recruited.
他可能招募的人的名字和長相
If you do help us, I'll continue our correspondence
如果你真能幫我們,我會繼續我們的通信
for as long as you're incarcerated.
只要你還在監禁期內
You're going to do that anyway.
你反正都會這么做的
My hosts have a list of favors that I'd like.
我的監管人有我想要的東西的清單
If they'd review it, grant me a few,
如果你們查閱后批準我一些
well, then I'd be happy to lend my insights.
那我很愿意和你們分享我的想法
This needn't be unpleasant, you know.
不用不開心
You'd be back with Mom and Dad soon enough.
你很快就會回到媽媽和爸爸身邊了
But I'd very much like to get to know you.
但我很希望能了解你
And cribbage is a brilliant way to do that.
克里比奇牌戲是一種增進了解的絕佳途徑
Excuse me a moment, Kayden.
稍等我一下,凱敦
What do you turn up?
你怎么來了
It's just, the boys are getting a bit jumpy.
伙計們有點坐立不安了
It'd help morale if I could tell 'em something.
如果我能告訴他們什么對士氣會很有幫助
Tell them we all stand to profit handsomely from this.
告訴他們我們都會從中收獲頗豐
Everyone's wondering, any word from her yet?
每個人都想知道,有她的消息了嗎
She's in federal custody, Clay. It'll take time.
她被羈押著,克雷,需要時間
But we'll hear from Moriarty soon enough.
但我們很快就會有莫里亞蒂的消息了
You okay?
你沒事吧
It's the first time you saw Moriarty since...
這是你自那些事后
everything.
第一次見莫里亞蒂
That had to be hard.
一定很艱難
I did not expect her to cooperate.
我沒有期望她能合作
Of course, I was hoping
當然,我曾希望
she might reveal something inadvertently.
她也許能不經意地透露些什么
I didn't mean "Hard" As in a difficult problem to solve.
我說的艱難并不是指案子的苦難程度
I meant emotionally hard.
我指的是情感上的艱難
Oh, but it's all science to you, right?
不過對你來說沒什么區別,對吧
I'm just curious: what was the empirical value in writing
我只是好奇,和她通信時提到
to her about my dating life?
我的約會經歷有什么實際價值嗎
Excuse me. Well...
打擾一下,這個嘛...
I'm looking for Captain Gregson.
我找格雷森警監
Oh, my good Lord.
我的天啊
Why have you brought her here?
你為什么把她帶到這兒來
Considering the dire circumstances,
考慮到嚴重的后果
the government's agreed to a favor.
當局答應幫個忙
I've decided to help you after all.
我最終決定幫你們
For the duration of this investigation,
在這案子的調查期間
the NYPD has the full use of my knowledge and faculties.
紐約警局可以全權使用我的知識和能力
I'm certain we'll work well together.
我確信我們可以合作愉快
I'm told you rely heavily on consultants.
我被告知你們十分依賴顧問們
Given your history, I can understand why you wouldn't
鑒于你們之間的歷史,我可以理解
want to take her up on her offer.
你為什么不愿意接受她的提議
When Ms. Moriarty was first taken into custody,
當莫里亞蒂女士一開始被羈押時
RFID chips were implanted in both her hands.
射頻識別芯片已經被注入了她的雙手中
She can't move five feet without us knowing.
她不可能離開我們的視線五英尺的范圍外
She's gone.
她跑了
Just thought you should get used to hearing that.
只是覺得你應該熟悉聽到這話
Chips aren't going to stop her.
芯片可阻止不了她
As you can see,
如你所見
she has been equipped with special security bracelets;
她被裝備了特殊的安全手環
like handcuffs that are not connected.
就像是沒有連接的手銬一樣
Handcuffs that don't connect. Shoot me now.
沒有連接的手銬,殺了我吧
They're incapacitants.
它們裝著失能麻醉劑
Stun guns pointing right at her.
眩暈槍直對著她
Each with a payload of 50,000 volts that can be triggered
每一只都有五萬瓦特的有效載荷
by any member of the detail with the touch of a button.
可以被任何小組成員用按鈕激發
Then you've taken her out before, haven't you?
你們之前帶她出來過,是吧
Captain, inviting this woman into our investigation
警監,邀請那個女人加入調查
would be, in a word, idiotic.
用一個詞形容就是愚蠢
The kidnappers are being led by her former lieutenant.
綁架者們是由她的前助理領導的
He is, in all likelihood, operating under her orders.
他十分可能是根據她的命令行事的
During her incarceration, Ms. Moriarty has had zero access
在監禁期中,莫里亞蒂女士不可能接觸到
to technology that would allow her
任何可以讓她和外界
to communicate with the outside world.
聯系的技術和設備
She's been allowed to write letters, but only to you.
她被允許寫信,但只能寫給你
So unless you are passing instructions to her old assets...
所以除非是你把指令傳給她的老部下...
She could've helped us from her cell, couldn't she?
她本可以在監禁處就能幫助我們,不是嗎
Given us the names, information we needed?
提供給我們名字,我們需要的信息不就行了
Why bring her here?
為什么要把她帶到這兒來
As per her request; obviously,
很顯然是她的要求
part of the deal she just struck with your superiors.
她和你們的上司達成的交易的一部分
The building that you're keeping her in,
你們關押她的建筑
it might not be a prison,
可能就不是個監獄
but it did seem adequately secure.
但看著還算堅固
She'd have a much easier time trying to escape
但在外面,她逃跑的機會
whilst out and about, no?
不是更多了嗎
The bottom line is that she has cashed in some big chips
她的底線是帶上監控的芯片
to be an active participant.
做主動參與方
Her preference is to work with you.
她更傾向于跟你們合作
If you don't take her... FBI will.
如果你們不要她,聯邦調查局也會要
His name is Devon Gaspar.
他的名字是德文·賈思巴
He's former British military intelligence. And yet,
他以前是英國軍情局的
were you to ask for his records,
但如果你跟他們要他的記錄
they would deny that he ever existed.
他們甚至不會承認他的存在的
Devon has several aliases that I'm aware of.
據我所知,德文有好幾個化名
I've already shared them with Mr. Mattoo.
我已經都告訴馬圖先生了
I've also prepared some sketches of the men I believe
我還準備好了幾個我覺得
he may be working with.
可能和他聯手的人的素描圖
Well, obviously, we can't
好吧,但顯然
distribute these to the media.
我們沒辦法把這些給媒體
If they're legit,
如果這些是真的
that would spook the kidnappers.
顯然它們會打草驚蛇
But we can put them out in-house.
但我們能在內部流通這些圖片
We'll issue a FINEST message.
我們會發布一條內部信息
And every cop in the city will get an e-mail.
所有市里的警察都會收到這封郵件
I'll make sure the Bureau does the same.
我會讓局里一起行動的
Excellent. Then I do believe we're finished here.
很好,我想我們就到此結束了
Lovely to see you, as always,
很高興見到你,一直到是
but we have a terrified little girl to find.
但我們有個受驚嚇的小女孩要找
Our best to the gang at the warehouse.
代我們像牢里的兄弟問好
Actually, I was rather
事實上,我更想
hoping to take a look at the crime scene.
去犯罪現場看看
We did promise her
我們確實向她
access to the Fuller residence.
保證過可以接觸福勒家
That is our next stop.
那是我們的下一站
Actually, we have more important things to do.
事實上,我們還有更重要的事要做
For example, checking that even one iota of the information
比如說,查證她提供給我們的信息
she's given us is true. You know what?
是否屬實,不如這樣
I will go with them to the house, you take care of that.
我跟他們一起去福勒家,你去查證信息
Um, if anything comes up, I will call you.
如果有什么線索,我再聯系你
Quite lovely, isn't she?
她真可愛,不是嗎
I can only imagine how frightened she must be.
我無法想象她該有多么害怕啊
You can stop pretending to care now.
你可以不用再繼續假裝在意了
The others can't hear you.
其他人也聽不到你在說什么
Would you be surprised to learn
對于你曾出現在我腦海中
you've been on my mind, Joan Watson?
你會感到驚訝嗎,喬恩·華生
Not really.
不怎么驚訝
I don't typically misread people, but...
我一般不會讀錯人
you're more clever than I initially estimated.
但你比我一開始預計的要聰明
More interesting.
更有趣
If you weren't, I would never have been caught.
如果不是,我也不會被抓
I think you're giving me too much credit.
我覺得你太高估我了
It's what you crave, is it not?
那不是你想要的嗎
Acknowledgment from a superior mind?
來自更高級智慧的承認
Evidence that you matter?
你很重要的證明,不是嗎
Why else pursue a partnership with a man like Sherlock?
不然怎么會有人想跟夏洛克做搭檔呢
Actually, the partnership was his idea.
事實上做搭檔是他的想法
That bothers you, doesn't it?
這讓你不高興了,是嗎
I confess to not understanding it.
我承認我確實不能理解這一點
But... I'm drawn to things I don't understand.
但,我總是被無法理解的東西吸引
Same as Sherlock.
就像夏洛克
Once I've figured you out, I'll move on.
一旦我弄清楚了你,我就會放手
Same as Sherlock.
就像夏洛克
Is that why you've been writing him?
所以這是你一直跟他通信的原因嗎
Because you want to... understand him?
因為你想要,理解他嗎
Part of it, I suppose.
有這部分原因,我猜
And the rest?
那另一部分原因呢
What do you think?
你覺得呢
You think you're in love with him.
你發覺自己愛上他了
Only you can't be sure,
但你沒辦法確定
because as much as you claim to know about the world.
因為不管你覺得自己多么了解這個世界
Love is something
愛卻是你
you don't quite get.
無法琢磨透的東西
You'd be surprised what I'd do for love.
你不知道我有多能為愛瘋狂
Nothing crazy people do surprises me.
瘋子做什么事都不會讓我吃驚
I write to Sherlock
我寫信給夏洛克
because he's the only person on the planet
因為他是這個星球上唯一
I can really talk to.
能與我交流的人
He writes to me
他寫信給我
because I'm the only one he can talk to.
也是因為我是唯一能與他交流的人
The only one he can ever truly relate to.
唯一能真正懂他的人
If you still don't understand that,
你也許現在不能理解
you will someday.
以后你會明白的
I promise.
我保證
What's with the...?
這是怎么了
Telephone? I have felt compelled
電話嗎,我今天已經
to hang up on a good few many people today.
強迫自己掛了好幾通電話
I dug it out of the closet so I could do it with more emphasis.
我從柜子里翻出來的,能讓我掛得更有力
Oh. And who was that you were you just talking to?
是嘛,那你剛才在跟誰打電話呢
Old friend from Interpol.
國際刑警組織的一個老朋友
Didn't sound like a friend.
聽著可不那么友好啊
He, like many of the other people I've spoken to today,
和今天前幾個通話對象一樣
was unable to confirm that any of these men
他也沒辦法確認莫里亞蒂提供
are who Moriarty claims them to be.
給我們的那幾個人的身份
Devon Gaspar is a ghost.
德文·賈思巴就是個不存在的幽靈
This is just busywork
她就是想讓
for us and the other agencies investigating the kidnapping
我們和其他調查綁架案的機構忙起來
so that she has time to plan her escape.
她好趁機策劃逃跑
Okay, so, let's move off of these for a while.
好吧,我們可以暫時把這些事放一邊去
The captain said that every officer in New York
警監已經把他們的照片郵件發給
would get these via e-mail.
全紐約的警察了
They'll keep their eyes peeled, you and I can go back
他們會睜大眼睛注意一切可疑人員的
over the evidence from the abduction.
我們兩個就可以好好看看綁架案的證據
Did you say everything you wanted to say today?
你今天把想說的話都說完了嗎
To Moriarty?
跟莫里亞蒂
That is why you accompanied her to the Fuller residence, is it not?
難道這不是你今天陪她去福勒家的原因嗎
So you would have a private dialogue with her?
讓你有機會跟她好好談談,不是嗎
Well, you have been hogging her for the last few months.
你不是已經獨占她好幾個月了嗎
I told you. I have merely been...
我跟你說過了,我只是在
Studying her. Right.
研究她,我知道
You have feelings for her,
你對她有感情
and that is perfectly normal. I have nothing of the sort.
這非常正常,完全沒有
Irene was the love of your life.
艾琳曾是你的摯愛
That is why, in spite of everything,
所以,盡管發生了那么多事
you can't quite give her up. I get that.
你還是沒法放棄她,我能理解
But I also know that you're only gonna get hurt in the long run
但我也知道,長時間下去你只會受到傷害
because there is no Irene. There is only Moriarty.
因為根本就沒有艾琳,只有莫里亞蒂
And Moriarty is never gonna change.
而莫里亞蒂永遠也不會變
3-1-David, 3-1-David,
呼叫31D 呼叫31D
you have a 10-10 disorderly male,
有一名妨礙治安的男性
corner of 155th and Riverside.
在第155大街和河岸大街的交匯處
Suspect wearing a gray hoodie.
嫌疑人穿著一件灰色帽衫
Please check and advise.
請前去檢查
Dispatch, this is 3-1-David. We're on our way.
總部,我是31D 我們這就去
Sir, how we doing today?
先生,你還好嗎
You're up.
該你上了
Excuse me.
打擾一下
Buddy, how you doing?
伙計,你還好嗎
This one's locked.
這部手機有密碼
Got another phone here.
這還有一部
There's a handsome devil.
畫得還挺帥
I'd say it's a pretty good likeness, wouldn't you?
讓我說還真是挺像,你覺得呢
I would.
我也這么覺得
CSU said there were two shooters,
犯罪現場小組說有兩名槍手
him and one other guy.
除了他,還有一個人
They led Molina and Kelty into an ambush.
他們引誘莫利納和凱爾迪進了埋伏
You said Officer Molina's cell phone was missing.
你說莫利納警官的手機不見了
The second shooter took it.
另一個槍手拿走了
Why?
為什么
All they had to do was lie low until they got their money.
他們本來只要低調地等贖金就行了
Instead, two of them pop out and shoot a couple of cops.
然而其中兩個人卻跑出來殺了兩個警察
If that makes any sense to you, please tell me.
如果你能想到什么理由,請告訴我
'Cause it sure as hell doesn't make any sense to me.
因為我怎么也想不通
I don't know. I'm thinking maybe it's time
我也不清楚,我在想或許是時候
that we put those sketches out to the media.
把那些肖像發給媒體了
Can I see your cell phone?
我能看看你的手機嗎
The finest message. It goes to only policemen.
絕妙的信息,只有警察有
That's what they wanted.
這才是他們想要的
That's why they ambushed the officers.
所以他們才埋伏了這些警官
It was the only way they could see Moriarty's sketches.
只有這樣才能看到莫里亞蒂畫的肖像
Why would they want to see them?
他們為什么會想看這些
And how would they even know they're out there?
他們怎么會知道有這些肖像
You sent a finnest message, Captain.
你傳達了一條絕妙的信息,警監
Moriarty sent an even finer one.
莫里亞蒂傳達的信息更妙
Robert Baden-Powell.
羅伯特·貝登堡
Who's Robert Baden-Powell?
誰是羅伯特·貝登堡
Founder of the Scout Movement
童子軍運動的發起人
and Lieutenant General in the British Army in the early 1900s.
也是二十世紀早起英國陸軍的中將
He concocted a means of concealing messages
他發明了一種在樹葉和蝴蝶的
in entomological drawings of leaves and butterflies.
昆蟲學繪圖中隱藏信息的方法
He called it "Weaponization of the pastoral."
他稱之為"田園武器化"
You weaponized your sketches, didn't you?
你把你畫的肖像武器化了,是不是
Hid information in them for Devon Gaspar
在肖像里給德文·賈思巴和他的手下
and the rest of your merry band.
隱藏了信息
No, of course not.
不,當然沒有
I've already started to notice some quirks
我已經注意到在一些細節處
in some of the finer details.
有些扭曲
The arrangement of Gaspar's stubble, for example,
比如說賈思巴的胡須
is quite peculiar. Or at least it is upon closer examination.
非常獨特,至少經過仔細檢查是這樣的
The length of the lines, the spaces in between--
線條的長度,間隔的空間
they form a pattern. Within the pattern, a message.
它們組成了一個圖案,而圖案里隱藏著信息
You are behind the abduction of Kayden Fuller.
你就是凱敦·福勒綁架案的幕后黑手
Sherlock...
夏洛克
You're responsible for what happened to these policemen last night.
昨晚那些警察發生的事都是因為你
No, I'm trying...
不,我在試著...
Stop lying to me!
別再對我撒謊了
I will decode these. You know I will.
我會破解的,你知道我會的
So why don't you save us both a lot of time and trouble
所以為什么不省點時間,避免點麻煩
and just tell me your endgame, hmm? Who knows?
直接告訴我你的目的,誰知道呢
You might even be able to trade your cohorts' whereabouts
你或許還能用你同伙的位置
for some more privileges.
再交換點特權
I can only imagine what you would get
我只能想象凱敦·福勒安全回家后
for the safe return of Kayden Fuller.
你能獲得什么
Devon Gaspar's on the line.
德文·賈思巴在線
He called the front desk and asked to speak with us. Come on.
他打給前臺要求跟我們對話,走吧
This is Captain Gregson.
我是格雷森警監
Good to hear your voice, Captain.
很高興聽到你的聲音,警監
I imagine, after yesterday's unpleasantness,
我猜經過昨天的不愉快
you're quite cross with me.
你對我挺惱火的
But understand, it became necessary when I realized
但請理解,當我發現你去找我們的老朋友
you'd turned to our old friend for assistance.
幫忙的時候,這通電話就很有必要了
I'm sorry?
不好意思
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
We've been watching you.
我們一直在監視你們
Your station. We know she's there.
你們的警局,我們知道她在那里
It's why we set upon your men.
所以我們才襲擊你的人
To determine the degree to which we'd been exposed.
來看看我們暴露的程度
So... now you know what we know.
所以... 現在你知道我們都知道什么了
Then I guess you won't mind if I start calling you Devon?
我猜你不會介意我叫你德文吧
A good a name as any.
這是個好名字
But your knowing it won't stop me and my colleagues
但你知道這不會阻止我和我的同伴
from disappearing tomorrow.
明天消失的
I don't care where you go, Devon.
我不在乎你要去哪兒,德文
I just want the little girl back.
我只想要那小女孩回來
Oh, she's the other reason why we called.
她是我打電話的另一個原因
She has been asking to speak with her mummy.
她一直要求跟她媽媽說話
Begging, really.
應該說是乞求
Well, Mrs. Fuller isn't here with us,
福勒夫人不在這里
but bear with us. I'm sure we can...
但是聽我說,我想我們肯定能...
Mommy,
媽媽
I miss you.
我想你
I'm afraid. I want to come home.
我害怕,我想回家
Plea... Hope you got all that.
求... 希望你們都聽清楚了
And I hope there won't be any surprises awaiting us tomorrow.
也希望明天不會有什么驚喜等著我們
Until then.
到時見
I don't care what she's promised your government.
我不管她對你們的政府承諾了什么
Her time as a consultant is over.
她的顧問時間到此為止
You heard him.
你聽到他的話了
Okay, so, if your answer key is right,
如果你的解密方法是對的
then all Moriarty tried to pass along in these sketches
那莫里亞蒂想通過那些肖像傳遞的信息
is a bunch of numbers.
就是一串數字
GPS coordinates?
衛星定位系統坐標
Yeah. For...
對,是一個
a location
位于斯瓦巴德
in the heart of... Svalbard,
中心區域的地點
which is a remote island off the northern coast of Norway.
這是個挪威北海岸線外的荒島
Well, you thought all along this was about Moriarty escaping.
你覺得這些都跟莫里亞蒂的逃跑有關
Maybe that's where Gaspar and his team are supposed to take her.
也許賈思巴和他的人就是要帶她去那里
A fine hypothesis.
不錯的假設
If indeed escape is still in her agenda.
如果她仍然打算逃跑的話
You don't think it is anymore?
你覺得她已經不想逃了
The woman is a riddle wrapped in a mystery
那個女人是和我滾過床單的
inside an enigma I've had sex with.
一個難解之謎
I would be lying if I said I was the strongest assessor
如果我說我是最了解她動機的人
of her motives at this point.
那我一定是在撒謊
Are you expecting someone?
你在等人嗎
Paperboy.
報童
It's almost 9:00 at night.
現在都快晚上九點了
I've asked him to gather me hard copies of The New York Ledger.
我讓他給我收集《紐約賬報》
Anything and everything from the last two weeks.
過去兩周的所有報紙
Why?
為什么
Because it is the only newspaper Moriarty had access to
因為莫里亞蒂被關押期間
during her so-called "Incarceration."
只能看到這一份報紙
I strongly suspect the communication between Moriarty and Gaspar
我強烈懷疑莫里亞蒂和賈思巴之間的通信
has been two-way.
是雙向的
Prior to her generating the sketches,
在她畫出那些肖像之前
she had no way to send a coded message from custody.
她沒法把加密信息傳出去
But she could have received one
但她可以通過報紙上
via advert in the paper's classified section.
分類板塊中的廣告來接收信息
Pillock. He left them by the kitchen door.
皮爾洛克,他把報紙放在廚房門口了
Did you see Moriarty today when...
你有沒有看到今天賈思巴讓凱敦·福勒
Gaspar put Kayden Fuller on the phone?
接電話時莫里亞蒂的表情
She seemed angry.
她看起來很生氣
I had just determined that she sent Gaspar a message via the sketches.
我剛剛認定她用畫給賈思巴傳達了信息
Well, I've seen that look before.
我見過那種表情
I've been on the receiving end.
有人曾用這表情看著我
Looked like she wanted to kill the guy.
似乎她想殺了那家伙
Well, you're up late.
你這么晚還沒睡
Rather hard to relax now that you're keeping these bracelets on me here.
你讓我戴著這些手環我很難放松
Heaven for fend I trigger them in my sleep and electrocute myself.
我怕在睡夢中觸發它們把自己電死
If you hadn't pulled that trick with the sketches,
如果你沒有耍那些肖像的把戲
we wouldn't have to take extra precautions.
我們就不用采取額外的措施
Ah. So you think Sherlock was right.
所以你覺得夏洛克是對的
I sent the originals to the NSA.
我把原畫送到國安局
It only took them a few hours to find those numbers you'd hid.
他們很快就發現了那些隱藏的數字
I've been thinking about what you said the other day.
我一直在想你那天說的話
About... feelings I might still have for her.
關于我可能對她還有感覺
You were right, as you so often are in such matters.
你是對的,畢竟你總是陷入感情問題
Despite everything, I do continue to feel a certain...
不管怎樣,我確實還是感受到某種
pull.
吸引力
In my weaker moments,
在我比較脆弱的時候
I've entertained the notion that she might be able to change.
我很希望她能夠改變
I suppose because I've undergone a transformation of my own.
可能是因為我自己經歷了改變
I was, until as recently as two years ago,
兩年前我還是個
a drug-addled misanthrope. Today, I'm sober.
吸毒的厭世者,而現在我戒毒了
I've cultivated not one but several meaningful relationships.
我已經建立了不止一段有意義的關系
The woman has never been anything less than obsessed
那個女人一直很執著于我們之間
with our many similarities.
眾多的相似點
I suppose I thought...
所以我認為
she could undergo a metamorphosis of her own.
她也能經歷一場轉變
Would it surprise you to learn that
如果你知道我在被扣押在
during the course of my internment here,
這里的時候想出了十七種逃脫的方法
I have devised exactly 17 means of escaping?
你會不會很驚訝
Six of which can account for the extra precautions like my...
其中六種可以不受額外措施的影響
bracelets.
比如這手環
I can only come up with ten.
我只能想出來十種
You see something?
你看到什么了嗎
To the naked eye, it is an advert for a used car.
對普通人來說,這是個二手車廣告
But there are indicators of an Ave Maria cipher.
但這里有圣母頌密碼的標記
It's a cryptographical technique
是一種由一位名叫約翰內斯·特米烏斯的
devised by a priest named Johannes Trithemius in the fif...
牧師發明的加密技術,出現在第五...
What is it?
怎么了
I was wrong.
我想錯了
Moriarty is not the architect of the plot to kidnap Kayden Fuller.
莫里亞蒂不是綁架凱敦·福勒的幕后黑手
She's one of its victims.
她是受害人之一
Did you know that glass is a very poor conductor of electricity?
你知道玻璃是電的不良導體嗎
It's often used to insulate power lines.
它經常用來隔離電線
Most of the jars my paints come in...
給我送來的顏料罐絕大部分
are glass.
都是玻璃的
All I'd have to do is break one,
我只需要打碎一個罐子
jam the shards between my wrists and the electrodes on the restraints.
把碎片放到我的手腕和電極之間
I'd probably cut myself quite badly,
也許會劃傷自己
but my bracelets would be neutralized.
但我的手環會失靈
Gaspar set this entire affair in motion
賈思巴加密的信息傳達給莫里亞蒂
with a coded message to Moriarty.
引發了這一整件事
The first part of the message reads,
第一段信息是
"You know what I want. Tell me where it is."
你知道我想要什么,告訴我在哪
The coordinates. So,
那些坐標,所以
whatever Kaspar's after, it's hidden in Svalbard.
賈思巴要找的東西藏在斯瓦巴德
Exactly. $50 million ransom is just a fig leaf.
沒錯,五千萬的贖金只是個幌子
Although, I'm sure he'll be happy enough to have that.
但我覺得他也會樂意拿到贖金
His actual quarry
他真正的目標
is whatever moriarty has directed him towards.
是莫里亞蒂指引他去找的東西
You said Moriarty was a victim. What did you mean by that?
你剛說莫里亞蒂是受害者,什么意思
The final part of his message.
他的信息的最后一段
"Be prompt. Your daughter's life hangs in the balance."
快點,你女兒現在命懸一線
Kayden Fuller is Moriarty's daughter?
凱敦·福勒是莫里亞蒂的女兒
28 hand.
28分的手牌
Well done.
干得不錯
Go ahead.
前進吧
Take Fourth Street.
拿下第四大街
Cutthroat rules suit you, I see.
看來殘酷的規則適合你
Get under the bed.
躲到床底下去
Don't open the door for anyone.
別給任何人開門
Go.
去吧
Oh, no, no.
不,不
No.
不
Clay?
克雷
I'm sorry.
對不起
I'm sorry. She...
真對不起,她...
She told me to shoot him.
她要我開槍殺他
She?
她
She knows things.
她知道我的事情
I've got family, too.
我也有家人
I don't want her coming for 'em.
我不能讓她傷害他們
How'd you find us?
你怎么找到我們的
I know the properties we hold.
我知道我們有哪些房產
I know you need to house and feed a seven-year-old.
也知道你得讓七歲的孩子有吃有住
That takes space.
這需要地方
I know that when Montgomery was killed
還有你們之前突襲警察
while you ambushed those police,
蒙哥馬利被殺時
they found clay subsoil on his boots.
警方在他靴子上發現了黏土底土
Just like the kind we found seeping into the foundations here.
跟我們在這里發現的滲入地基的土一樣
The girl's safe.
小女孩很安全
Get on with it, would you?
繼續動手吧
Or do you plan to let me bleed out?
還是你打算讓我流血至死
Oh, I'm afraid I've got something a little less passive in mind for you.
恐怕我為你準備的死法沒那么消極
Believe it or not, most of this blood is Moriarty's.
信不信由你,大部分的血是莫里亞蒂的
She shorted out her bracelets,
她把手環弄短路
dug these implants they gave her out of her,
挖出了他們植入的芯片
and somehow used Mattoo's handprint
還不知怎么用馬圖的手印
to get herself out of here.
離開了這里
And what about Mattoo?
那馬圖呢
He's in bad shape-- stable-- but they think he's gonna make it.
他傷得不輕,情況穩定了,醫生說不會有大礙
So, she didn't kill him?
她沒殺他
She didn't kill anybody on her way out of here.
她出去的時候誰都沒殺
Mattoo's the only one she even confronted.
只有馬圖跟她有正面沖突
There's quite a bit of blood here.
這里的血挺多的
She'll need medical attention.
她需要就醫處理傷口
We checked the hospitals. There's nothing.
我們查了醫院的記錄,沒有發現
She's got a 40-minute head start on us.
她領先了我們四十分鐘
Any ideas?
有什么想法嗎
She's gone to fetch her daughter.
她會去接她女兒
This is Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福爾摩斯
I'd like to see you.
我想見你
Tell me where you are, and I'll come.
告訴我你在哪,我這就過來
The Bronx. A condemned building near Van Cortlandt Park.
布朗克斯區,范科特蘭公園旁有座廢棄的大樓
Top floor.
我在頂層
Tell the police they can wait outside.
告訴警察他們可以在樓外等著
You're the only one who can come in.
你只能一個人進來
Your daughter?
你女兒呢
Sent away, resituated.
送到別的地方去了
You've done the maths, I assume.
我猜你已經算過時間了
She was born well before I met you.
她早在我們認識以前就出生了
An indiscretion at the start of my career.
是我在事業最初幾年太過輕率的結果
Even as I carried her to term,
我還在懷著她時
I knew that motherhood would not mix well with my...
就知道當個母親跟我的本性
proclivities.
不太相符
Some sources of mine told me
從某些渠道我得知
that the Fullers were having trouble conceiving a child of their own.
福勒夫婦無法生育
It wasn't hard to arrange a match.
安排他們收養我女兒并非難事
How did Gaspar learn of her?
賈思巴怎么知道她的
No idea.
不知道
I assume the girl's real father needs a lesson in discretion.
看來孩子的生父得學學怎么保守秘密了
What's on the island of Svalbard?
斯瓦巴德島上有什么
The coordinates I gave Devon are the location of a vault.
我給德文的坐標是一個保險庫的位置
Copies of all the seeds on the planet are stored inside,
里面存放了地球上所有種子的復制品
in the event that the earth's flora needs to be restored
以便發生了滅頂之災后,復原地球上的
after a catastrophe.
植物群
But that's not what Gaspar expected to find there.
但這不是賈思巴想找的東西
I maintain...
我保存了
a dossier of interesting facts.
一些有趣事實的檔案
I assembled most of them myself.
大部分是我自己收集的
Some were passed down to me by a mentor
還有一些是一位跟我
who shared the same enthusiasms I do.
有同樣愛好的導師留給我的
Even if I directed Devon to the right place,
就算我指引德文去了正確的地方
he hadn't the wit to use my book properly.
他也沒有足夠的智慧正確使用我的檔案
So, you sent him hunting above the Arctic Circle,
所以你讓他在北極圈上瞎轉悠
just so you would have time to move against him.
好讓你有足夠的時間想辦法對付他
It was a risk, but I've always been willing
的確有些冒險,但我總是愿意
to bet on my abilities.
相信我的能力
And in this instance,
而這一次
I had the added benefit of assistance from the keenest mind I've ever met.
我還算上了我所認識的最聰明的人的協助
All's well that ends well, right?
結果好一切都好,對吧
You need an ambulance.
你需要救護車
You could have run.
你本可以逃跑的
And live as a fugitive? Why?
然后一輩子當個逃犯嗎,干嘛要這樣
The world's corruption runs deeper than even you know.
這世上的腐敗遠遠超出你的想象
No need to skulk about.
沒必要偷偷摸摸的
I'll be a free woman soon enough.
要不了多久我就能重獲自由了
Your letters have meant a great deal to me.
你的來信對我意義重大
I find them influencing my decisions
我發現它們總是出其不意地
in the most surprising ways.
影響我的決定
You could have killed Agent Mattoo.
你本可以殺了馬圖特工
And from your perspective,
對你來說
it would have been the expedient thing.
這本是權宜之計
And yet, to you, it would have been repugnant.
可對你來說,這卻是被唾棄的
Tell me, is that how you learned to be one of them?
告訴我,你就是這樣學會跟他們一樣的嗎
By learning to care
學著在乎
how your actions seemed in the eyes of another?
別人怎么看待你的所作所為
I'm not sure I am one of them.
我不覺得我跟他們一樣
She needs a hospital.
她需要去醫院
I just got off the phone with Captain Gregson.
我剛跟格雷森警監通完電話
She lost a lot of blood, but she's gonna make it.
她失血很多,但應該沒有大礙
You all right?
你沒事吧
I am. Thank you.
沒事,謝謝