113 female employees
113個女性員工
across all 22 divisions.
來自所有22個不同部門
You know what they have in common?
知道她們的共同點嗎
All denied promotions due to the fact that they're women.
都因是女性而被拒絕升職
How often does Louis ask you out?
路易多久約你出去一次
Every single day. There are laws
每天,有法律保護你
to protect you from sexual harassment, you know.
不受性騷擾的
What are you doing here? Delivering champagne.
你來這干嘛,給你送香檳
I see you can afford it,
你肯定喝得起
since the money you've been stealing from our clients
畢竟你從客戶那兒撈的鈔票
hasn't been going to your wife's cancer treatments.
又沒拿去給你老婆治病
Hey, Monica, how's it going?
莫妮卡,你好嗎
What the hell are you doing?
你干的好事
Trying to get Monica Eton to file a sexual harassment suit
要讓莫妮卡·伊頓起訴丹尼爾·哈德曼
against Daniel Hardman?
性騷擾
I know you think you're trying to help me, but drop it.
你以為是在幫我,就此打住
Did mike pull it off? Yep.
邁克做到了嗎,很到位
He suspect you were in on it? Nope.
他懷疑你知情嗎,沒有
Sign this confidentiality agreement.
簽了這份保密協議
I'll waive my claim.
我不會跟公司要一分錢
Onetime offer, take it or leave it.
機不可失,簽不簽隨你
I decided to farm out the case.
我把案子移交他人了
Let me guess. Daniel Hardman.
我猜是,丹尼爾·哈德曼
Please state your name for the record.
請說出您的姓名
Sloane Moseley.
斯洛恩·莫斯利
And what is your position at Folsom Foods?
您在福爾松食品公司所任何職
This was all established during my client's first
這在我方當事人前兩次取證中
and second deposition. I'm sorry.
都陳述過了,抱歉
I'm just getting up to speed.
我只是想了解清楚
I like to establish my own facts.
完成我自己的取證材料
Or manufacture them. Excuse me?
或者偽造材料,你說什么
Let's show opposing counsel some respect.
給對方律師一些尊重吧
Douchebag. Douchebag.
人渣,人渣
Regional vice president of marketing and research.
負責市場研究的區域副總裁
And how many female executives work alongside you?
有多少女性高管和您共職
Three. Making a total
三個,九個高管中
of four in a department of nine. Is there a question?
一共有四名女性,有問題可問嗎
Yes.
有
What is the ratio of men to women senior partners
男女資深合伙人的比例
at Pearson Hardman?
在皮爾遜·哈德曼是多少
Whashe has no knowledge of that.
什么,她可不知道這些
Then I direct the question to you.
那我就問你
And I have the answer,
我知道答案
But it's not relevant to this case.
但和這個案子無關
What do you mean? Jessica Pearson's hiring
什么意思,杰西卡·皮爾遜的
and firing practices are directly relevant to the case.
雇傭行為和本案直接相關
If the next question isn't regarding Folsom Foods,
如果下一個問題仍和福爾松食品公司無關
this deposition's over.
這次取證就結束了
Folsom Foods?
福爾松食品公司
So sorry. As you know, I just took over
抱歉,你們也知道,我剛剛接手了
45 different cases. I get confused.
45個不同的案子,我搞糊涂了
I thought we were deposing Pearson Hardman today.
以為今天是針對皮爾遜·哈德曼取證
What the hell are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
Oh, my God. Did
上帝啊,難道
did I forget to give you the subpoena?
難道我忘了給你們法庭傳票嗎
Pearson Hardman is being sued for wrongful termination
皮爾遜·哈德曼律所被訴不公正解雇
in the amount of $10 million. You have been served.
賠償金一千萬,正式告知你們
Wrongful termination? You're lucky you're not in jail.
不公正解雇,你不進監獄已經是萬幸了
It's not on his behalf. It's on Monica Eton's.
當事人不是他,是莫妮卡·伊頓
I actually got the idea from you.
實際上是你給的我靈感
Excuse me?
你說什么
What this firm did to that woman was unconscionable.
這家公司對那位女士的所作所為是不公的
You piece of shit.
你這個人渣
Monica Eton deserved to get fired.
莫妮卡·伊頓活該被開除
The eight women I'm gonna stack
我要向陪審團傳證的
the jury with might disagree with that.
八位女性可不同意你這么說
Not once they learn she was sleeping with you
當他們知道你挪用公司資金
While you were embezzling from this firm.
而同時她還在和你睡覺后,就會同意了
And how, exactly, are they going to learn that?
確切的說,他們怎么會知道呢
One of the three people in this room is gonna tell them.
屋里的三人之一會告訴他們
I'm guessing it won't be you.
我猜不會是你
I'm afraid it won't be one of you either.
我猜也不會是你們倆
You gonna kill us?
你要殺了我們嗎
Oh, I won't need to.
用不著
You're bound by the confidentiality agreement
我離開這里那晚
Jessica signed the night I left.
杰西卡簽署的保密協議會約束你
"All knowledge of any activity of Daniel Hardman"
丹尼爾·哈德曼的所有行為
I know what it goddamn says.
我知道上面寫了什么
You signed it so quickly, I wasn't sure.
你那么快就簽字了,我都不確定
Fine.
好吧
I know a shakedown when I see one.
我知道這是敲詐
What do you want? It's not what I want.
你想要什么,不是我想要什么
It's what Monica wants.
而是莫妮卡想要什么
And what is that?
到底要什么
Payback. You see, when Mike Ross
補償,當邁克·羅斯
brought that trumpedup suit to her,
把那份捏造的訴狀給她時
she was very upset.
她非常傷心
It brought back the memory of what you did to her.
她回想起你對她的作為
I didn't do shit to her.
我什么都沒對她做
That wasn't how she saw it.
她可不這么認為
Yet you didn't lift a finger to help her.
但你一點都沒有幫助她
I wanted to at the time.
我當時想幫
But I couldn't very well attack my own firm, now could I?
但我不能傷害自己的公司,現在可以了
Never stopped you before. Touche.
以前不是沒傷過,說得好
But you can't mention that either.
但現在你也不能說出來
We're done.
這里完事了
Harvey, will you escort this piece of filth out of the building,
哈維,請你把這個人渣送出去
make sure he doesn't commit any crimes on the way out?
確保他在出去的路上不犯事
Oh, by the way, Mike Ross,
順便告訴你,邁克·羅斯
virtuoso job drafting that complaint.
他寫的那個控訴草案真是藝術品
All I had to do was search
我所做的一切
and replace "Daniel Hardman" with "Anonymous."
只是把"丹尼爾·哈德曼"替換成"某人"
Almost as virtuoso as the job he did
他的另一件大師級作品就是
convincing you lawrence kemp signed that affidavit.
讓你相信勞倫斯·坎普簽署了書面陳述
Must stick in your craw...
你快忍不了了吧
having to walk by my name day after day.
每天都走過寫著我名字的墻
Oh, we'll get to it.
我們會習慣的
First we had to turn your old office
首先我們把你的辦公室
into the new conference room.
變成了新的會議室
When Jessica and I engineered our coup,
杰西卡和我在公司政變的時候
She had that sign down within minutes.
幾分鐘之內她就把那幾個名字摘下了
Schmidt, Gordon, Van Dyke.
施密特,高登,范·戴克
Jessica wanted it down the second you were gone.
你走時杰西卡就想把你名字弄下來
I told her it was too soon.
我跟她說太早
No.
不對
You asked her to be name partner, and she said "No."
你對她說你想當冠名合伙人,她說不行
And do you know why?
知道為什么嗎
Because deep in her heart, she doesn't trust you.
因為在內心深處,她不信任你
She trusted me to kick your ass.
她信任我,讓我把你打得滿地找牙
Twice.
兩次
Maybe.
或許吧
But I saw that look back there.
但我看到那時的表情了
She didn't tell you about the confidentiality agreement,
她沒告訴你保密協議的事情
Did she?
不是嗎
What the hell were you thinking?
你腦子里當時想什么呢
I don't want to discuss this, Harvey.
我不想說這件事了,哈維
He gave up his partnership, his money,
他放棄合伙人資格,放棄股份
and his voting rights. It was a good deal.
還有投票權,這個買賣很合適
I did it, and it's done.
我做了交易,已成定局
And now it's come back to bite us in the ass.
現在他回來,反咬我們一口
We have to settle.
咱們得和解
I am not settling.
我不會和解
Our backs are against the wall,
咱們已經無路可走
and we're gonna drain our resources on a case
還要把資源耗盡在一宗必敗的案子上嗎
that we can't win just because you boxed us in?
而必敗的原因是你切斷了我們的路
It was a takeitorleaveit offer.
那是個接受或放棄的出價
I had one minute.
我只有一分鐘時間
I wanted to be done with the man, so I took it.
我想和那個人盡快了斷,于是我就簽了字
You told me never to make rash decisions
你告訴我,別匆忙做決定
And then you do this.
而你卻做了這樣的事
I told you, I didn't have a choice.
我說了,我當時別無選擇
Did you have a choice when you decided to keep it from me?
你決定不告訴我時,也不能選擇嗎
I didn't think it would ever come up again.
我以為這件事不會再露出水面了
That is not a good enough reason.
這個理由不充分
What did he tell you?
他對你說什么了
He told me you'd never put my name on the door.
他對我說,你永遠不會讓我的名字上墻
He told me you'd come after me someday,
他對我說,有一天你會盯上我
maybe even threaten my family the same way you threatened his.
或許威脅到我的家庭,就像你對他那樣
A little something you never bothered to consult me on.
一件你從未咨詢過我的小事
I didn't have to.
我不需要咨詢你
You'd have told me to do whatever it took.
你告訴過我不惜一切代價
That's not the point. Well, what's the point?
那不是重點,什么是重點
You kept it from me.
你隱瞞了我
I let it go
我沒在意
because I knew he was just trying to get into my head,
因為我知道他只是想對我洗腦
the same way he's trying to get into your head now.
就如同他現在又想洗你的腦
What's gonna happen when he deposes you,
那他要對你取證
and you can't tell the full story?
而你又不能說出全部,怎么辦
I don't know, Harvey.
哈維,我不知道
But I trusted you to beat him before,
但我之前相信你能打敗他
and I'm trusting you to beat him again now.
現在我同樣相信,你能再次打敗他
Hey, uh, do you have a minute?
你有時間嗎
That's about all I have. I'm under pressure.
也只有一分鐘了,我壓力很大
I've got to get this done. Yeah, I know.
我得趕快做完這個,我知道
We're all swamped with this Folsom Foods thing, but, uh,
我們都被卷入了福爾松食品公司的案子
I need your help with a case that's a little more...personal.
但我有個案子需要你幫忙,私下的
I am swamped with Folsom Foods,
我的確卷入了福爾松食品公司的案子
but I came in early to carve out
但我早來了一個小時
an hour to work on something personal of my own.
為的是做一些我個人的事情
Hmm, what is it?
什么事
Harvard application.
哈佛入學申請
Rachel, that's great.
瑞秋,好極了
It's great if I get in,
能被錄取才是好極了
and I'm not gonna get in if I don't get this done,
而如果我不做完這個,就不會被錄取
and I'm not gonna get it done if people keep bothering me.
而如果大家一直煩我,我就做不完這個
Do people keep bothering you?
有人一直在煩你嗎
No.
沒有
Okay. So this is going well then.
好吧,那一切都很順利啊
Less than 1 out of every 12 people who applies gets in.
錄取比例低于十二分之一
What if I'm not one of those people?
如果我不是那一個呢
I don't know, maybe you'll get in somewhere else.
不知道,或許你可以去別的學校
You're kidding me.
你開玩笑吧
I don't want to have a fallback.
我不想安排一個撤退路線
You mean a backup? A logical plan "B"?
你是說備選方案嗎,一個合理的備選方案
Mike, I've been halfin, halfout
邁克,在考法學院這件事上
of committing to this for years. I'm done with that.
我躊躇不決很多年了,我受夠了
Going to law school is committing.
讀法學院是大事
I don't want to go to law school.
我不是只想讀法學院
I want to go to Harvard.
我想讀哈佛
Just because your father went there doesn't mean
只是因為你父親讀了哈佛,不意味著
you need to go there too.
你也要讀哈佛
That's not why.
不是那個原因
You want to work at pearson hardman.
你想來皮爾遜·哈德曼工作
And if I don't go there, then I can't work here.
如果我不讀哈佛,我就不能來這里工作
You need any help?
需要幫忙否
No, it's okay. I'm gonna do this on my own.
不用,沒事,我自己來
Okay. I'm so sorr...
好的,我很抱歉
What did you need help with?
你要我幫你干嘛來著
It's okay. I'm gonna do it on my own.
沒事了,我自己來
Donna, I need your help.
唐娜,我需要你幫忙
With what?
幫什么忙
Hardman. I want you to convince Harvey
哈德曼,說服哈維
to let me on the Monica Eton case.
讓我做莫妮卡·伊頓的案子
I'm sorry, Louis. I can't do that.
抱歉,路易,我無能為力
Donna, come on.
唐娜,別這樣
He made me look like a fool. He did the same thing to me!
他搞得我像個傻子,他也這樣對我
Well, I need revenge.
我要報復
So do I.
我也是
See, then why won't you ask Harvey for me?
瞧吧,那你為什么不幫我向哈維說情
Because Harvey needs to handle this himself.
因為哈維要自己處理
So this has nothing to do with any residual issues you've had
就是說你的拒絕
with me and my past behavior?
跟我曾經的所作所為無關了
No.
對
Because I never told him.
因為我從沒跟他說過
I never told Harvey how sorry I was
我從未對哈維說過
for trusting someone that betrayed us all.
錯信叛徒的我對有多抱歉
Louis, he knows. I mean, that bastard
路易,他知道,要不是我的錯
wouldn't even be here right now if it wasn't for me.
那混蛋根本不會還待在這里
He'd just be some partner skulking around,
最多是個鬼鬼祟祟的合伙人
never having won if I hadn't voted for him.
要是我沒給他投票,他才不會贏
Look, it's gonna be okay.
聽著,會沒事的
Success is the best revenge.
成功就是最好的報復
Bullshit.
屁話
Revenge is the best revenge.
報復才是最好的報復
Harvey, where are you going? It's only 10:30.
哈維,你去哪里,現在才十點半
You gonna dock my pay? I'm serious.
你要扣我工資嗎,我是認真的
I've got some really good stuff here.
我拿到了些好東西
First of all, Hardman's noncompete is still in effect.
首先,哈德曼的非競爭條款仍然有效
He can't even be practicing law. In New York.
他現在還不能當律師,只是在紐約
Where the hell do you think we are?
那你以為咱們是在哪里
He's working out of Jersey. He's got an office of one.
他在新澤西工作,有獨立的工作室
Bank account, car service, cell phone.
銀行賬戶,汽車服務,手機
I mean, all of them are based in New York.
這些都是在紐約開的戶
We can fight it.
咱們可以打這個點
That's exactly what he wants. What?
那正中他下懷,什么
Articles of incorporation, office, landline,
他的公司章程,辦公室,電話
company car, all in Jersey.
公司汽車,都在新澤西
He's constructed it, so we'd be tempted to fight him,
他下好了套,想誘使我們起訴他
waste our time and resources, then lose.
浪費我們的時間和資源,最后敗訴
Okay, fine. Then what we need to do next
好吧,那我們接下來
is dig into Monica Eton. I think
該好好調查莫妮卡·伊頓,我覺得
Hold on.
等等
You're on folsom foods,
你跟的是福爾松食品公司的案子
not Monica Eton.
而不是莫妮卡·伊頓
Harvey, they're using the exact lawsuit I wrote,
哈維,他們用的正是我寫的訴訟
word for word. I know how to fight it.
一字不差,我知道官司該怎么打
Did he tell you that?
他告訴你的嗎
No, he didn't need to. I read it.
不是,沒必要,我讀過了
I mean, he didn't just get the idea from me.
他不僅用了我的點子
He got the whole execution from me.
整個執行令狀也是我的
He's doing that because he's trying to get in your head.
他這么做是想阻撓你
This isn't your fault. We did this together.
這不是你的錯,是我們共同造成的
Then let me help you fix it.
那就讓我幫你糾正它
I'm sorry. Those papers can't help me,
抱歉,那些文件幫不了我
and neither can you.
你也幫不了
Har
哈
Rachel.
我叫瑞秋
Yes, yes. I know who you are.
對,對,我知道你是誰
I just wasn't expecting you.
只是沒想到你在這
Um, I don't live here.
我并不住這里
You must be here to see my dad. Yes, I am.
你一定是來見我爸的,是的
Please, come in.
請進
He's just in the back. He TiVo'd the game.
他在里面,在看錄下來的比賽
Jets? Giants.
噴氣機隊嗎,巨人隊
Man after my own heart.
知我心者
Why is it the defensive line is always packed with a bunch
為什么防線上總擠滿
of big, strong, black guys and the offensive line
大個壯實黑人,進攻線上
packed with big, fat, white guys?
全堆著大個白人胖子
Well, I don't know. But looking at you,
不知道,但瞧瞧你
you've got a foot in both camps.
倒是兩邊都適合
I guess you're not here to ask a favor.
我猜你不是來求助的吧
No. I'm here to do you a favor.
不是,我是來幫你的
Get rid of him while you still can.
趁時機未晚,趕緊擺脫他
Jessica
杰西卡
You do not know who you are in bed with, Robert.
你不了解你同伴的底細,羅伯特
I went to law school with the man.
我們在法學院是同窗
Well, he might have been a prince back then,
也許那時他像個王子
but he sure as hell isn't one now.
但現在完全不是
Then enlighten me.
那來啟發啟發我
Because from what I know,
據我所知
he left the firm to take care of his wife,
他離開公司是為了照顧他妻子
and when he came back, you forced him out.
而他回來后,你卻逼他退出
That's nowhere near the full story.
這故事離真相遠著呢
What else is there? I'm listening.
事實如何,我洗耳恭聽
You signed a confidentiality agreement.
你簽署了保密協議
I am precluded from speaking on that topic.
我不能說
Then I'm afraid you're precluded
恐怕你也不能說服我
from convincing me to take him off this case.
不讓他負責這個案子
Robert What's it gonna cost you
羅伯特,違背保密協議
to violate the agreement?
你會被罰多少錢
Give me a number. Hmm?
跟我說說
I'll assume it's in the millions.
我估計得上百萬吧
15.
一千五百萬
You said I didn't know the kind of man I was in bed with?
你還說我不了解我的合作伙伴
From the looks of it, I'm in bed with the kind of man
現在看起來,我的合作伙伴
who's got you by the balls.
已經扼住了你的喉嚨
Don't say I didn't warn you.
別說我沒警告過你
Enjoy your game.
好好看比賽吧
Oh, by the way...
順便說一句
Giants lost by one.
巨人隊差一分落敗
All right, Harvey.
好了,哈維
It's the middle of the night, you wanted in.
你大半夜跑來我家
What can I do for you?
要我幫你做什么
I need to talk hypothetically.
我想談些假設
Is this hypothetically about a suit being brought
這假設跟一位前任冠名合伙人
by an exname partner against his old firm?
對抗他老東家的案子有關嗎
You know I can't talk about a case that's on my own docket.
我不能談我訴訟表上的案子
Would you prefer I tell the IRS
那我向國稅局報告
about a hypothetical conversation I had
九年前我與一位前途遠大的法官
with an upandcoming judge nine years ago?
談到的一些假設怎么樣
Give it to me.
說吧
The name partner in question was the one she had
這位冠名合伙人挪用公款時
an affair with while he was embezzling money from the firm.
曾與她有過一段婚外情
So bring it up. Make your case.
那就起訴,立案啊
We can't.
不行
He got you to sign a confidentiality agreement.
他讓你們簽署了保密協議
Yes.
是的
But the spirit of the agreement was to shield him.
但協議的目的在于隔離他
If we had a sealed hearing,
如果開一個封閉聽證會
how would you rule on tossing the confidentiality?
對于公開秘密你會怎么裁決
I'm afraid you'd lose. Why?
恐怕你們還是得輸,為什么
If he were the plaintiff, it'd be one thing,
如果他是原告,那是一回事
but he's the attorney.
但他是代理律師
I can't punish the woman for her choice of attorney.
我不能因為她所選擇的律師而懲罰她
What if he doesn't make that argument?
如果他沒有拿這個當論據呢
He will.
他會的
He came to see you too.
他也來找你了
Two weeks ago.
兩周前
Sorry, Harvey.
抱歉,哈維
Excuse me.
打擾一下
I'm here for my
我是來
Oh, I know what you're here for.
我知道你來做什么
Jessica's deposition. 3:00 on the nose.
杰西卡的取證,三點很準時嘛
I'm nothing if not prompt.
我是準時的代言人
You're nothing if not an asshole.
你是混蛋的代言人
Is that why you're sitting out here?
你今天就是為此坐在這的嗎
To call me that?
為了罵我嗎
No. I just wanted to personally
不是,我只是想
escort you to the conference room.
親自陪你去會議室
Mm. Lucky me.
我真幸運
We'll see about that.
這得走著瞧
My old office.
這是我原來的辦公室
Harvey wasn't kidding. My idea.
哈維沒說笑啊,我出的主意
It took a while to feng shui the evil out.
做了好多風水才把邪氣驅走
Look, donna, I understand
聽著,唐娜,我理解
You piece of shit.
你個卑鄙小人
Is that all you've got?
就這點能耐嗎
Oh, I will go right now.
我現在就走
Are you gonna sue me?
你要起訴我嗎
Because I don't think anybody here is gonna testify.
這里可沒人能作證
I never meant to hurt you.
我從沒想要傷害你
You mean when you planted that memo and got me fired?
放那份備忘,害我被炒時也沒嗎
I did no such thing.
不是我做的
And any implication otherwise
而且任何涉及這個公司內部的案子
from within this firm is actionable.
都可以被起訴
Yeah, right. But you never meant to hurt me.
是啊沒錯,你從沒想傷害我
I'd imagine whoever planted that memo
我想無論是誰放的那份備忘
thought that you would bring it forward.
都以為你會拿出來當證據
And if you had, the only thing that would have happened
而且要是你這樣做了的話
to you is you would have been scolded.
結果最多是被批評兩句
And Harvey's career would have been over.
而哈維的律師生涯就玩完了
So it really is like that between the two of you.
看來你倆真有一腿啊
You can go now.
你現在可以走了
Jessica's deposition is in the other conference room.
杰西卡的取證在另一間會議室
Please state your full name for the record.
為了這次記錄請陳述全名
Jessica Lourdes Pearson.
杰西卡·盧爾德·皮爾遜
Monica Eton's reviews from '03 to '07,
莫妮卡·伊頓從03年到07年的審核
all excellent, agreed?
全是優秀,是嗎
Yes.
是的
Then why was she let go?
那為什么要解雇她
That was determined by a variety of factors.
原因有多個
Was one of the factors that she was having
其中之一是不是她曾與一位合伙人
an affair with a partner?
有過婚外情
I'm so glad you brought that up,
我真高興你把這點提出來
you little son of a bitch, because
你個狗娘養的,因為
Off the record.
暫停記錄
Hmm, so soon.
這么快
I told you this would happen.
我跟你說過可能會這樣
He's baiting you into breaching confidentiality.
他想引誘你違反保密協議
And I'm ready to bite down and drag him in with me.
我準備好咬住他,同歸于盡了
Don't. We can't afford it.
別這樣,我們玩不起
No.
不
The affair itself was not a factor.
外遇本身不是原因
With whom was she having this affair?
她和誰發生的婚外情
I refuse to answer that. why?
我拒絕回答,為什么
Were you in love with him?
你當時和他陷入愛河了
In love with him?
愛他
I thought she was bottomfeeding.
我覺得她是饑不擇食
I might have actually vomited
我剛聽說的時候
when I heard. Okay, that's enough.
惡心的差點吐了,好了,夠了
We're not answering this line of questioning.
我們不會回答這些問題的
Move on.
繼續
You said my client's dismissal
你剛說我客戶被解雇
was due to a variety of factors.
由多種原因導致
And then you said it wasn't the affair,
接著你又說不是因為外遇
and it wasn't job performance.
也不是工作表現
So I ask you, what was it?
那我現在問你,到底是為什么
Is it a personal dislike?
是個人喜惡嗎
Are you jealous of her?
你嫉妒她嗎
Or do you just hate other women?
還是因為你就討厭別的女人
Tread lightly, Daniel.
小心說話,丹尼爾
Let's try some questions your client can answer.
問些你的客戶能答的問題吧
Were you in a relationship at the time
我的客戶被解雇時
of my client's dismissal?
你在和人約會嗎
Excuse me?
你說什么
Jessica Pearson's personal life is not an issue here.
此事無關杰西卡·皮爾遜的私人生活
Well, I beg to differ.
恕我不能同意
And since your client can't seem to find her words today,
既然你的客戶今天不愿多說
I, for one, can testify that
我可以作證
She was not in a relationship at the time.
她當時無人約會
She's always been married to her job.
一直以來她都全身心投入到工作中
And she wants her female associates
她希望她的女同事
to be equally committed,
也能和她一樣
so that as soon as they have anything else in their lives
所以只要她們的生活中有了別的事
in other words, sex she cuts 'em loose.
也就是性生活,她就會解雇他們
This is bullshit.
胡編亂造
Then tell me differently.
反駁我啊
we're done here.
到此為止
The truth is,
事實就是
Monica was younger than you, prettier than you,
莫妮卡比你年輕漂亮
sexually active, and of childbearing age
性生活主動,正值生育年齡
All of the things you are not, and you fired her for it.
這些你都沒有,所以炒了她
We gonna talk about what happened?
要談談嗎
Not tonight. Jessica
今晚不行,杰西卡
Son of a bitch all but called me bitter and barren.
那渾蛋就差沒罵我刻薄和不能生育了
He did call you that, but it's only gonna get worse.
你確實這么罵了你,但事情只會更糟
And you should have jumped to my defense
你應該毫不猶豫
sooner than you did.
立即替我辯護
I'm your lawyer, not your husband.
我是你的律師,不是你丈夫
And if I didn't jump in when I did, we'd be broke.
要不是我適時打斷,我們就破產了
Look, I told you before, we need to settle.
我早說了,必須和解
And I told you before, we're not settling.
我也說了,我們不會和解
Don't you see what he's doing?
你沒看穿他的把戲嗎
He's trying to make this case about gender.
他想把案子轉移到性別問題上
It's not! It doesn't matter. Look,
這無關性別,這不重要,聽著
you can't be the name defendant on a gender discrimination case
在我們因性別歧視起訴福爾松食品公司時
while we're suing Folsom Foods for the same thing.
你不能成為一個類似案件的被告
I am not capitulating to that man.
我不會向他投降的
Then you're gonna look like a fool.
那你會看起來像個傻子
That's enough.
夠了
You're not calling the shots, I am.
這事不是你做主,而是我做主
And whether you think my call is wrong or not,
不管你認為我的決定是對是錯
it is still my name on that goddamn wall.
那該死的墻上掛的是我的名字
You
你
Hey, um, sorry, I don't want to bother you
抱歉,如果你還在寫申請
if you're still working on your application.
我也不想打擾你
But I need a favor.
但我需要幫忙
Uh, no, I finished. What do you need?
沒事,我寫完了,幫什么忙
I need to see a transcript of Jessica's deposition.
我得看看杰西卡的證詞
That's confidential.
那是機密
That's why I need your help.
所以我需要你幫忙
Mike Rachel, please?
邁克,瑞秋,拜托了
I need it.
我要看看
By the way, congratulations on finishing your application.
另外,恭喜你寫完了申請
Thank you. You're welcome.
謝謝,不客氣
Are you looking for anything in particular?
你在找什么特別的內容嗎
No, not exactly.
沒有
Uhoh.
糟了
Oh, my god. It just keeps going.
天哪,真是咄咄逼人
It's worse and worse.
而且越來越糟糕
She had to sit through this.
她還得忍受這些
Oh, god. This is all my fault.
這都是我的錯
Wait, Mike
等等,邁克
No, II used you to get to Monica,
不,我利用你接近莫妮卡
and then I used her.
然后我又利用了她
And now he's taking it out on Jessica.
他現在把氣撒在杰西卡身上
Yeah, you couldn't have known it was gonna lead to this.
你不可能預知事情的發展
It's okay.
沒關系
No, it isn't. I need to use this.
不行,我要用這個筆錄
Either you print it or I type it out from memory,
你打印出來或者我憑記憶打出來
But I have to.
我必須這么做
Why?
為何
You said you wanted to go to Harvard
你說你想去哈佛讀書
so that you could work at Pearson Hardman, right?
是為了能在皮爾遜·哈德曼工作吧
Yeah.
沒錯
Well, if I don't fix this,
如果我不解決這個問題
there might not be a Pearson Hardman.
皮爾遜·哈德曼也許會消失
You can't talk to me.
你不能和我說話
Actually, I can.
其實我可以
I don't have any equity in the firm,
我沒有公司股權
and I'm not working on this case.
這個案子也不歸我管
You're an interested party.
你是相關的一方
And you drafted the original complaint.
而且你起草了最初的訴狀
Any judge in the world sides with me.
世界上的法官都會站我這邊
Listen, Monica. Monica!
聽著,莫妮卡
I'm not trying to set you up.
我不是要陷害你
I'm trying to take responsibility here.
我想負起責任
For what?
負什么責任
For doing exactly what you just said I did.
就像你說的那樣
for drafting the original complaint,
是我起草了最初的訴狀
starting this whole thing off. I'mI'm sorry.
挑起了整個事端,對不起
No, no. The only thing you're sorry
不,你唯一抱歉的就是
about is your little maneuver backfired.
你的小計策倒戈相向
Yeah, but it didn't backfire on me.
對,但不是沖著我
It backfired on Jessica.
而是杰西卡
That's too bad.
真不幸啊
That's exactly what I'm happy about.
不過正合我意
What? Jessica didn't screw you,
什么,杰西卡又沒壞你事
Hardman did.
是哈德曼
Daniel Hardman didn't show up in my office to fire me,
來辦公室開除我的可不是丹尼爾·哈德曼
without cause, notice, or a letter of recommendation.
毫無緣由,通知或者推薦信都沒有
She had cause. Did she?
她有理由,是嗎
When I told her I knew nothing about Daniel's embezzlement,
我說不知道丹尼爾挪用公款
do you know what she said? "I don't care."
你猜她說什么,"我不在乎"
And then five years later, she sends you to turn me against him.
結果五年后她派你勸我背叛他
That's just it, she didn't.
她沒有
Look at that.
瞧瞧
The attack dog defends its owner.
咬人的狗想維護他的主人呢
Blame me, you can even blame Harvey.
怪我吧,怪哈維都行
But Jessica had nothing to do with it.
但杰西卡與此事無關
If you think I'm gonna buy for one second
如果你覺得我會相信
she wasn't behind you coming to me with that lawsuit,
不是她派你拿訴狀來找我
you are even more naive than I was.
那你比我還天真
Please just look at what he did to her.
請你看看他對她做了什么吧
I don't have to because I don't care.
我沒必要看,因為我不在乎
Monica.
莫妮卡
Louis. How are you?
路易,你最近怎么樣
I'm fine. Good.
還不錯,很好
You know, I wanted to tell you
我想告訴你
I can't really talk right now, Louis.
我現在不能說話,路易
Right, because you've got the deposition?
沒錯,因為你要參加取證吧
I'm meeting Daniel. Daniel.
我來見丹尼爾,丹尼爾
Okay, well, it was really
好吧,能見到你
it was really nice seeing you.
我很開心
You too.
我也是
A little busy at the moment.
我現在有點忙
Monica Eton, I know.
忙莫妮卡·伊頓的事,我知道
Look, Harvey didn't want my help,
哈維不讓我幫忙
but I thought that maybe you would.
但我覺得你會
Harvey is right.
哈維是對的
I need you on top of Folsom Foods.
我要你跟福爾松食品公司的案子
This is about Folsom Foods.
就是福爾松食品公司的案子
What do you have?
你有什么想法
If you can get Monica to admit that her affair was with Daniel,
如果你能讓莫妮卡承認她和丹尼爾有私情
this isn't about gender anymore.
這件事就無關性別了
Because they were both dismissed.
因為他們倆都被開除了
A man and a woman.
一個男人和一個女人
Puts you back in the driver's seat on Folsom Foods.
你就能重新主導福爾松食品公司的案子
Okay, do you have a line of questioning?
好,列出要問的問題了嗎
Right here.
在這里
You ready?
準備好了沒
He is.
他準備好了
I want you to let him take the lead on this.
我要求你讓他負責這事
What? Not a discussion.
什么,沒得商量
Where are you going?
你要去哪
Oh, I'm not spending another moment
我不想再跟那些人
in the same room with those people.
呆在一個房間里
Miss Eton Him?
伊頓小姐,就他嗎
You're bringing in the "B" Team?
你把"二流隊伍"帶來了
As you pointed out,
正如你所說
the "B" Team drafted this suit in the first place.
這支"二流隊伍"最初起草了訴狀
And ran you out of dodge.
弄得你無處躲藏
Right into jersey.
跑去了新澤西
Well, if he doesn't do well, he can always approach my client
這次不行,他可以再一次
outside of her place of employment, again.
到我客戶的工作場所外面找她
I guess he must have learned from you
我猜他先斬后奏
not to always tell dad what he's up to.
是跟你學的
You want to know what he learned from me?
想知道他跟我學到了什么嗎
not to let some twotime loser get in his head.
不讓敗過兩次的人打亂陣腳
Miss Eton, there's been a lot of talk
伊頓小姐,外界有很多傳言
about the affair you had while at Pearson Hardman.
說你在皮爾遜·哈德曼工作時有了私情
I have just one question.
我只有一個問題
Who was that affair with?
是和誰有私情呢
I never said I had an affair.
我從未說過我有私情
But your lawyer said you did.
可你的律師說你有
Your people said it was irrelevant.
你們的人說這事不相干
I didn't, and it's not,
我沒說,而且這事很重要
And I have a lot of questions about it.
我可有很多問題
Which we won't be answering.
我們不會回答的
Well, you'll have to in court.
你在法庭上也得回答
we're not in court.
我們又不在法庭
No, but you are on the record.
是不會,但我們正在錄口供
But since you don't want to answer the question,
既然你不想回答問題
let me ask you another question.
我再問你個問題
If you didn't have an affair,
如果你沒有偷情
then what reason could there possibly be
是什么原因導致
for you to be fired?
你被解雇了呢
Because I was being harassed,
因為我被騷擾了
and I made it clear I didn't like it.
我說得很清楚,我不喜歡那樣
Harassed? By who?
騷擾,誰干的
Don't answer that.
別回答
Oh, no. My client is going to
不,我的客戶會回答
answer the question that your associate asked,
你助理提出的問題
And we're gonna get some things on the record, right here.
并且會將此記錄在案
No, we're done.
不,我們到此為止
I was being harassed By Louis Litt.
我被路易·利特騷擾了
What?
什么
Go on, Monica.
繼續,莫妮卡
He asked me out repeatedly,
他多次想約我出去
after I rebuffed him again and again.
當我一次次地拒絕他之后
he would stare at me, wait at the elevator outside my office,
他會盯著我看,在辦公室外的電梯前等我
the diner, everywhere.
還有餐廳,無處不在
Anything else? Yes.
還有什么嗎,還有
He was partner, and I had to say "No" to him.
他是合伙人,我不得不拒絕他
And it made me feel disgusting every single day.
每一天我都倍感厭惡
Will people corroborate your account?
有人證實你所說的嗎
It was common knowledge within the firm.
整個公司都知道
Any number of people knew, including him.
所有人都清楚,也包括他
Let the record show that my client
請在記錄里寫上我的委托人
indicated Harvey Specter.
指的是哈維·斯佩克特
Monica, I have one more question for you.
莫妮卡,我還有一個問題問你
To whom did Jessica tell you to hand in your resignation?
杰西卡讓你把辭呈交給誰
Louis Litt.
路易·利特
So in conclusion,
所以總結一下
you were being sexually harassed,
你受到了性騷擾
it was wellknown, Jessica Pearson dismissed you,
這事眾所周知,杰西卡·皮爾遜解雇了你
and you were actually told to hand in your resignation
并且還讓你把辭呈遞給
to the very man who did the harassing.
那個騷擾你的人
Yes. That statement is entirely true.
沒錯,這一切都屬實
Thank you, Monica.
謝謝你,莫妮卡
Gentlemen?
先生們
I get it, that was your plan,
我明白了,你一直就這么打算
to blame it on Louis the whole time.
把一切都怪罪在路易頭上
Monica always was a good lawyer.
莫妮卡一直都是個很棒的律師
Nothing she said in there wasn't true.
她在取證時所說的一切都是事實
What's it gonna take to settle this case?
你要怎樣才愿意和解
What ever do you mean?
你有何提議
We break confidentiality, Monica loses,
我們違反保密協議,莫妮卡敗訴
you get your $15 million.
你拿到你的一千五百萬
Tempting.
還挺誘人
But we're not gonna do that, and you know it.
但你知道我們不可能這么做
So you want to settle with Monica
你想跟莫妮卡和解
and get out of your jam.
擺脫這個麻煩
I want a number, and it better be less than three.
開個價,最好別高于三百萬
This isn't about numbers.
這不是錢的事
It's about responsibility.
是責任
Monica wants to see a jury find Jessica guilty.
莫妮卡想要看到杰西卡被判有罪
Bullshit.
胡扯
You want to see a jury find jessica guilty.
是你想要看到杰西卡被判有罪
Nope. I assure you, it is Monica.
不,千真萬確是莫妮卡
I don't really care whether a jury
杰西卡是否被判有罪
finds Jessica guilty or not.
我一點都不在乎
You just want blood.
你就是惟恐天下不亂
It's already there. Because of you.
已經大亂了,都是因為你
Huh. Nonetheless, I smell it.
不管怎樣,我聞到血腥味了
Allison Holt, Robert Zane both came after you,
艾莉森·霍特和羅伯特·贊恩都來找你們麻煩
and now you have 45 cases you can't afford.
而現在你們有根本負擔不起的45樁官司
So pay me $15 million,
如果付給我一千五百
fight Monica, and lose. Fight Monica and win.
不管莫妮卡的官司你們打輸還是打贏
It doesn't matter.
都無關緊要
Any way you slice it,
不管你怎么玩
I'm gonna bleed you dry.
我都會把你們榨干
They promised a brunette.
他們說好要找個棕色頭發的
Well, I guess there's a few.
好吧,大概你頭上還是有幾根棕色的
I want to talk to you like a person.
我想好好跟你談談
Kenny G?
是肯尼·基
What's on your mind, Louis?
你想說什么,路易
I know Donna told me that, uh, you didn't need my help,
我知道唐娜跟我說了你不需要我幫忙
and I know we haven't really spoken
而且自從你撕掉我的辭呈后
since you ripped up my letter of resignation.
我們就沒怎么好好講過話
But I want to help.
但是我想幫忙
I need to help.
我需要出點力
Trust me. It's not a good idea.
相信我,這不是什么好主意
He's using Monica the same way that he used me.
他在利用莫妮卡,就像之前利用我一樣
And no one knows that better than me.
沒有人比我更了解他的這種行徑
I know.
我知道
If I could just talk to her outside
要是我能不顧這些條條框框
the confines of everything, you know?
告訴她所有真相就好了
If I could
要是我能
I just know I can convince her to drop this case, I know it.
我知道我一定能說服她撤銷控告
Louis Harvey, please.
路易,哈維,拜托
I'm begging you.
求你了
What's this? Just read it.
這是什么,你先看看
Mike led the deposition.
是邁克主持了取證會
Starts off bold.
開局很大膽啊
Oh, he shouldn't have asked that.
他不該問這個的
That's a rookie move.
完全是新手的失誤
What what?
這是... 什么
"Rebuffed again and again."
"一次次地斷然回絕"
She felt disgusted.
她感到惡心
"Common knowledge." Louis
"所有人都知道" ,路易
She pointed at you.
她指向你
That doesn't mean No, no, no, no, no.
這不代表... 不,不不
You used to tease me about her.
你以前總拿她開我玩笑
Remember how I used to stare at her?
還記得我那時是怎么盯著她的嗎
That was teasing.
那是開玩笑
This is bullshit.
這全是扯淡
They're twisting everything. They are.
他們完全是在顛倒黑白,的確
He is.
都是他
Drink your drink.
喝一杯吧
What are you doing here?
你來這兒做什么
I needed some air.
呼吸點空氣
How'd you know how to get up here?
你怎么知道從哪兒上來的
Donna. You? Donna.
唐娜說的,你呢,也是她
I lied.
我說謊了
The essay? I couldn't do it.
論文的事,我寫不出來
Just think of it like a closing argument.
就當作是寫結案陳詞好了
Why should they take you? Exactly.
他們為什么要錄取你,就是啊
Why should they take me?
他們為什么要錄取我
Why do you want to be a lawyer?
你為什么想做律師
Just don't think, tell me.
別多想,直接回答我
My dad. Okay. Why?
因為我爸,好,為什么
Do you remember when I told you
你還記得我告訴過你
that, when I was a little girl, people would just tell him
我小的時候人們總是跟他說
how smart he was?
他有多聰明嗎
Right, it had nothing to do with him being black or white,
跟他的膚色毫無關系
he was just amazing.
他就是出類拔萃
And I want to be amazing too.
我也想做這么出色的人
You are.
你的確很出色
Am I?
是嗎
Because every time I sit down at that keyboard, I think,
可每次我坐在那間辦公室里,我就想
"I'm a paralegal. That's all I've ever been.
"我是名法律助理,到現在我一直做這個
That's all I'll ever be."
以后也會一直干這個"
Did I ever tell you about my interview with Harvey?
我跟你說過哈維面試我的情景嗎
No...but I'm assuming it went well.
沒有,但我猜一定進行得無比順利
He laughed me out of the room.
他覺得我真是傻到極點了
Are you kidding? No, I'm not.
你騙我呢吧,不,我沒有
He basically told me I didn't even belong in the interview.
他基本上就跟我說我根本沒資格參加面試
He actually told me to leave.
他直接讓我離開
What did you do?
那你是怎么做的
I decided I didn't give a shit
我決定根本不管
what the other applicants had that I didn't.
其他申請者具備什么我沒有的優勢
If I was going through that door,
如果要我就這么離開
he'd have to pick me up and throw me out.
除非他親自把我扔出去
You must have said something.
你肯定跟他說了什么
Yeah.
對
Yeah, I told him I'd be the best damn lawyer
我告訴他我會是他見過的
he'd ever seen.
最棒的律師
I wish I could have been a fly on that wall.
真希望我是那只當時趴在墻上的蒼蠅
Yeah, you have no idea.
沒錯,你絕對想不到
What the hell is wrong with you?
你到底是怎么回事
Me?
我
You tried to settle with Daniel.
你打算跟丹尼爾和解
You're damn right I did.
我當然要這么做
Did you read what happened in that deposition?
你知道取證會上發生了什么嗎
I don't care what happened in that deposition.
我才不管取證會上發生了什么
I do. You're out of control.
但我在乎,你完全失控了
What did you just say to me?
你剛才說我什么
Mike Ross wasn't ready for this.
邁克·羅斯還沒準備好這個
He volunteered. He went to see Monica Eton.
他自愿幫忙的,他去見了莫妮卡·伊頓
You've done the same.
這種事你也做過
I'm a senior partner, not an associate.
我是高級合伙人,又不是助理律師
Me to you, you to him.
我高于你,你高于他
Fine.
隨便吧
You want to know why he went to see Monica?
你想知道他為什么去找莫妮卡嗎
I'm sure you're gonna tell me.
我肯定攔不住你告訴我了
Because he doesn't know the idea to stir her up
因為他完全不知道是你提議
against Daniel was yours in the first place.
找她出來對付丹尼爾的
He doesn't need to know.
他沒必要知道這個
So you don't trust him with that,
所以你對他的信任不足以他讓他知道這個
but you trust him to go up against Daniel himself.
但卻能夠讓他獨自挑釁丹尼爾
He came to me with a way to put us back in a position
他帶著能讓我們打贏福爾松食品公司
to win Folsom Foods.
的辦法來找我
Well, it failed. We're behind on both.
但是現在失敗了,我們兩個官司都占下風了
Excuse me. Mike.
打擾一下,邁克
I just wanted to apologize to you both for yesterday.
我想為昨天的事情向你們倆道歉
It was a good idea,
那想法的確不錯
just didn't have the right execution.
就是執行得出了些問題
What are you saying? I'm saying it was a good idea,
你什么意思,我是說這想法很好
but the questions were being asked of the wrong person.
但是提問的對象不對
Three on one.
三個人一起出動
All for a deposition of little, old me.
就為了給這么微不足道的我來取證
Would you be more comfortable over there,
你坐那邊會不會更舒服些
where your old desk used to be?
畢竟你原來的辦公桌放在那里
No need. We won't be here long.
不必了,我們不會需要很久的
Our confidentiality agreement prohibits most questions.
我們的保密協議幾乎讓你們不能問任何問題
Actually, it only prohibits disclosures.
其實只是讓我們無法說出去
We can ask you any question that any lawyer who hadn't signed
我們可以像所有未簽保密協議的律師
a nondisclosure agreement could ask.
一樣問你任何問題
We just can't make statements.
我們只是不能作證供
I'm sure if you were to ask Judge Henderson,
我相信要是你在亨德森法官的
say, out by his pool, he would agree.
泳池邊問他,他也會這么說
There's no court reporter here.
這里沒有法院書記官
I thought you might want to talk off the record.
我猜你可能想私下聊聊
If you ask me anything about embezzlement,
如果你想問我有關盜用公款的事
I'll deny it.
我不會承認的
If you bring any proof forward,
如果你拿出任何證據
it's a violation of our nondisclosure.
那就違反了我們的保密協議
That's why we won't be asking about your embezzlement.
所以我們不打算問你盜用公款的事
We'll be asking you about your affair with Monica.
我們要問你和莫妮卡的外遇
And if you lie about that,
如果你有一丁點隱瞞
we won't be the ones who need to come forward with proof.
根本不需要我們拿出任何證據
Because we found six people working at the hotel
因為我們找到了六位酒店員工
who are willing to provide it.
他們愿意出來作證
No, you didn't.
不,你們沒有
Room service, concierge, housekeeping.
客房服務,門衛,清潔工
You really should tip better, Daniel.
你真應該多給點小費的,丹尼爾
Maybe you want a cigarette?
還是你需要來根煙
Remind you of the woman you cheated on.
才能想起你背叛的女人
Go ahead. Ask your questions.
來吧,隨便問
Did you have an affair with Monica Eton
你在皮爾遜·哈德曼律所工作時
while you were employed at Pearson Hardman?
是否跟莫妮卡·伊頓發生了婚外情
Yes, I did. Any other questions?
對,我有過,還有其它問題嗎
I think we're good.
沒有了
Yep. You got me to embarrass myself.
好,你讓我出丑了
But you already did that, the day you told everyone
但是你當著辦公室所有人的面
in the office about my affair with monica.
說出這事的那天,就已經讓我出過丑了
You and you.
你們倆
Yeah, I know what you told Monica
對,我知道你跟莫妮卡說過
about Jessica not knowing.
杰西卡對這事并不知情
But take a good look.
但好好看看
She was behind it.
她才是幕后主謀
Who needs a cigarette now?
現在該輪到誰需要根煙了
And as far as my admission goes?
不管我的證詞有多大用處
You're still the one who fired her,
開除她的還是你
24 hours after you found out.
而且是在你發現了的24小時之后
That's what a jury's gonna focus on.
陪審團會更關注這一點
Nobody's gonna care about what I did.
沒人會在意我做了什么
You piece of shit.
你這個狗屎
There's the fire I helped nurture.
原來是我培養出來的人才啊
You didn't nurture a goddamn thing.
你什么都沒有培養出來
You don't teach. You don't inspire. You don't mentor.
你不會教,不會啟發,不會指導
All you do is betray.
你所做的只有背叛
Like you betrayed me at that last vote.
就像上次投票時你背叛我一樣
How dare you. How dare I what?
你怎么敢,我怎么敢什么
You were more than happy to help out
若與你的目的相符
when it served your purposes.
你非常樂意排憂解難
I voted the way I did the second I realized
在我意識到那全都是謊言的時候
it was all a lie.
我才那么做
And look how it turned out.
看看結果如何
You're a senior partner now.
你現在是資深合伙人了
You're welcome. You think I give a shit?
不用謝,你覺得我在乎
I think that's all you ever cared about.
我覺得你只在乎這個
You know what I cared about?
你知道我在乎什么
Monica.
莫妮卡
She was so smart and so beautiful.
她如此聰穎美麗
And I knew she was out of my league,
我知道她和我不是一個層面的人
But I kept trying because I just thought
但是我一直努力著,因為我認為
if she just got to know me
如果她能了解我
And then I found out that whole time she was
然后我發現原來她一直
With me. Yeah. With you.
和我在一起,是的,和你在一起
Why are you telling me this?
你為什么要告訴我這事
I want you to know exactly what it is that you twisted,
我希望你知道你到底扭曲了什么
so you know exactly what it was that put me over the edge.
這樣你就知道逼瘋我會有什么后果
Are you threatening me, Louis?
路易,你是在威脅我嗎
Threatening you? No, I'm telling you.
威脅你,當然不是,我只是告訴你
You ever do anything to me ever again,
你要是再對我做出什么
you ever so much as tell me the incorrect time,
甚至于你再跟我說時機不對
I'll kill you.
我會殺了你
I will rip your smug face
我會從你肥壯的脖子上
off your fat neck,
扯下那張自以為是的臉
and I'll kill you.
我會殺了你
You here to depose me again?
你又來找我取證嗎
Didn't go too well for you last time.
上一次可沒有什么好結果
No, I'm here to say I'm sorry.
不,我是來道歉的
You were right... about Jessica.
有關杰西卡的事,你說得沒錯
You really didn't know it was her.
你真的不知道是她
Welcome to the world.
歡迎來到現實世界
Stings, doesn't it? Yeah.
很諷刺,是吧,是的
It does.
是的
So you came all the way here just to tell me you're sorry?
所以你大老遠跑來就是為了說抱歉嗎
No, I didn't.
不是
Jessica was wrong to fire you,
杰西卡開除你的確不對
but she didn't fire you because you're a woman.
但她開除你并不是因為你是女人
She fired you because she didn't trust you.
她開除你是因為她不相信你
I know that. So then you also know
我知道,那么你也知道
that keeping this suit alive is sticking it to her.
繼續指控對她并不公平
That's the whole point.
這才是重點
No, the whole point is that she's not
不,重點是她并不是
the only one you're sticking it to.
唯一一個你不公平對待的人
What I said about Louis Litt is factually accurate.
我之前所說有關路易·利特的事情完全屬實
And if you think I'm gonna drop the case because of him, I'm
如果你覺得我會因為他而撤銷指控
I'm not talking about him.
我說的不是他
I'm talking about the 113 women who are suing
我說的是113位正在指控
Folsom Foods right now for gender discrimination.
福爾松食品公司性別歧視的女性
Those cases are their own thing.
那些案子是他們自己的事情
They're being told they can't get where they want
有人告訴他們,他們不能得到想要得到的
because they're not good enough.
因為他們不夠好
That has nothing to do this me.
這跟我一點關系都沒有
Who's being naive now?
現在是誰太天真了
He's using your suit to drive us into the ground,
他在利用你的指控將我們壓制住
and driving us into the ground means losing these cases.
壓制住我們就意味著輸掉這些案子
What do you want?
你想要什么
Just read these files. Decide for yourself.
看看這些文件,自己決定
These women deserve to be treated the same way you were?
這些女人應該受到和你一樣的待遇嗎
What makes you think I would even care?
你憑什么認為我會在乎
I'm naive, remember?
我很天真,記得嗎
Mike Ross went to see Monica Eton again.
邁克·羅斯又去找了莫妮卡·伊頓
At your direction? On his own.
你讓他去的嗎,他自己去的
Goddamn kid.
該死的孩子
He's another you. Not exactly.
他就像另一個你,并不完全是
He went to apologize for lying to her the first time.
他去為第一次騙了她而道歉
He didn't lie. No.
他沒說謊,沒錯
We did.
是我們
Like the two of you lied to me about him being a lawyer?
就像你們倆騙我,說他是律師
How about we call it even?
不如就算咱倆扯平了吧
It's nowhere near even.
還差得遠
Isn't it? What's this?
不是嗎,這是什么
He got her to settle.
他讓她提出了和解
There wasn't an offer. There is now.
之前并沒有開價,現在有了
This does not get us off easy.
我們還是要付出賠款
Hell of a lot less than $15 million.
總比一千五百萬美金少多了
she doesn't deserve a dime. Doesn't matter.
她根本不配拿一分錢,這不重要
I was right to fire her.
我開除她沒錯
That's not what this is about, and you know it.
那和這事無關,你知道的
He made me look like a fool with her then,
那時他和她在一起,讓我看起來像個傻瓜
and he's made me look like a fool with her now.
現在他還是讓我看起來像個傻瓜
No one cares what he said in that deposition.
沒人會在乎他取證時說了什么
You think I give a shit about what he said in that deposition?
你覺得我在乎他取證時所說的話嗎
I meant getting me to sign that agreement.
我是說他讓我簽下那個協議的時候
You can't win every move.
你不可能每步都贏
I should have seen it coming.
我應該預料到會有這一幕
You made a decision under the gun.
你只是在重壓下做了決定
I let him put me there. We beat him
是我讓他有這個機會,我們打敗他
because you kept your cool when I wanted to lose mine.
是因為在我失去冷靜時你保持冷靜
Keep your cool now, sign this agreement,
保持冷靜,簽了協議
and let's beat him again.
讓我們再次打敗他
You look happy.
你看起來很高興
So do you.
你也是
The pressure's off. No more essay.
沒壓力了,不用再寫論文了
You finished it. I had a breakthrough.
你完成了,我有了重大突破
What was it?
是什么
I'm a paralegal.
我是一名律師助理
Rachel, please tell me that that doesn't
瑞秋,不要告訴我那是...
No, I don't I don't mean that in a bad way.
不,不是,不是壞事
I mean it in a great way.
我是說好事
Do you know what the length
你知道企業律師的
of an average corporate lawyer's career is?
平均職業生涯是多久嗎
30 years.
30年
Wrong.
錯了
Because they hate it.
因為他們討厭這個職業
Not me.
我不是這樣
I've been here longer than 75% of our associates,
我在這里比75%的助理待得都久
and I love it.
而且我喜歡這里
Which means when you get out, you won't be disillusioned.
也就是說你要是離開,你的幻想不會破滅
No. I'll be unleashed.
不,那樣對我是一種解脫
And that's what I told them in my essay.
在論文里我也是這么說的
In other words... You're gonna be
換句話說,你將會是
the best damn lawyer they've ever seen.
你將會是他們見過的最好的律師
I'm going to Harvard. You really are.
我要去哈佛啦,真的
Yeah. Yeah.
是啊,是啊
What?
怎么了
Nothing. It justjust hit me.
沒什么,只是有點打擊到我
You're not gonna be here anymore.
你再也不會在這里了
I mean, you'll you know, you'll be there.
我是說,你會...你知道你會在那里
Boston. Cambridge.
波士頓,劍橋
I guess I'll just have to get used to that.
我想我只能習慣如此了
I guess I'll have to get used to that too.
我想我也得習慣這件事
You going home?
你要回家嗎
Unless there's something pressing?
除非還有什么急事
No, I was just gonna, uh Hey, what happened here?
沒,我只是... 那里怎么了
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
It's off. Looks fine to me.
不亮了,我覺得很正常
It isn't.
不正常
Wait a second. Your eye for detail?
等一下,你很關注細節的吧
One record askew, and I don't hear the end of it for a week.
有一個標志傾斜,我會聽你念叨一周
You scratched my Miles Davis.
你刮壞了我的邁爾士·戴維斯的唱片
It was me.
是我干的
What were you thinking? I was pissed.
你想什么呢,我生氣了
You're so emotional. I lost my cool.
你真情緒化,我不冷靜
You shouldn't have done that. I know.
你不該那么做,我知道
I shouldn't have hit Hardman.
我不該打哈德曼
You didn't. I did.
你不是吧,我打了
When? Right before Jessica's depo.
什么時候,就在杰西卡取證前
Closed fist? Open palm.
握緊的拳頭,張開的手掌
Bitch slap! Damn straight.
甩巴掌,非常狠
How'd it feel?
感覺怎么樣
Good enough that I did it again.
好到讓我又甩了他一次
Look at you. You're beautiful.
瞧瞧你,真是漂亮
You have a date? As a matter of fact, I do.
你有約會,事實上,是的
Bitter and barren, my ass.
刻薄,不能生育,狗屁
Someone special?
特別的人嗎
You never know. Could be the one.
誰知道呢,也許就是我的白馬王子呢
Oh, and why don't you go ahead and take that damn name down.
幫忙把那個該死的名字拿下來吧
You keep showing up here, Laura's gonna kick your ass.
你老是來這里,勞拉會收拾你的
Oh, you'd be surprised at the strength of a jealous woman.
妒火中燒的女人比你想象的要可怕多了
She has nothing to worry about.
她完全不用擔心
Once again, I guess you're not here to ask for a favor.
再一次,我猜你來這里不是為了尋求幫助
You want to know who Daniel is?
你想了解丹尼爾
Read his own words.
自己讀讀他的話吧
He's not the first man to have an affair.
他不是第一個有外遇的男人
Maybe the first to turn around and sue
也許他是第一個反過來
his former colleagues for his own actions.
為自己的舉動起訴前同事的人
That's all you have?
你就這點料嗎
Tip of the iceberg.
冰山一角而已
Believe me, he will turn on you if you let him in.
如果你讓他加入,他也會反過來對付你
No one's letting him in. He's a contractor.
沒人讓他加入,他只是個承包人
He's not a partner, he's not of counsel,
他不是合伙人,也不是顧問
he's not an associate. I'm telling you,
他也不是助理,我要說
kick him off of Folsom Foods.
把他從福爾松食品公司的案子里趕出去
Don't let him in your house.
別讓他進你地盤
And I just told you, he's not in my house.
我剛告訴你了,他并沒有進我地盤
You're in my house.
你在我的地盤上
What if our houses were the same?
如果我們的擁有的是同一塊地盤呢
Oh, now. You're moving pretty fast.
現在,你速度頗快啊
I told you, my wife's the jealous type.
我說過了,我老婆很愛吃醋的
You offered a merger once.
你提過一次合并
Let's settle these cases, get it done.
我們和解了這些案子,就合并
You hate him that much?
你那么恨他嗎
Yes or no?
要還是不要
Here's the problem.
問題是這樣的
Merger looked good before,
之前合并看起來很不錯
but now we have you on the ropes.
但是現在我們讓你們命懸一線
So when Pearson whatever goes under,
所以當皮爾遜什么的破產了
we'll pick up the pieces for free.
我們就能免費拾遺
You do not have us on the ropes.
你并沒有讓我們命懸一線
You'll get it tomorrow.
明天你就知道了
We're filing to try seven different cases
我們將會在七個司法管轄區內
in seven different jurisdictions all at the same time.
同時提出七個不同案件
Rocket Docket. Yeah.
高效辦案,沒錯
It was Daniel's idea.
這是丹尼爾的主意
He'll see you in court.
他會和你在法庭見