Harvard trivia, the lightning round.
哈佛知識問答,搶答環節
Go.
開始
Pulitzer Prizes. 46.
普利策獎個數, 四十六
Nobel peace prizes. Five.
諾貝爾和平獎,五個
What is the oldest book in the Harvard library collection?
哈佛圖書館歷史最悠久的藏書
The bible. Wrong.
圣經,錯
The gutenberg bible.
應該是古騰堡圣經
Everyone knows it's the gutenberg bible.
誰都知道是古騰堡圣經
Yes, but you didn't say it.
是啊,可你沒說清楚
The rules dictate you must be precise,
規則要求準確作答
as the law is a very precise endeavor.
正如嚴謹的法律
How many U.S. Pr—Eight.
多少位美國總統...八位
That's not fair, you didn't even finish the question.
犯規,問題還沒問完呢
And yet it's right. The question was gonna be
但是還是答對了,問題就是
"How many U.S. Presidents attended Harvard?"
多少位美國總統上過哈佛
You want names?
要我說名字嗎
No, we get it.
不用了,大家都清楚
Final round. Ross ahead by one.
最后一輪,羅斯領先一分
One question each. Points are double.
一人一題,分值加倍
Double 'cause he wants to keep you in the game, Seth.
加分是因為他不想你出局,賽斯
Bring it on, Ross. I bleed crimson.
放馬過來吧,羅斯,我可不怕
Oh, venomous banter. This is adorable, I love it.
這挑釁玩笑,真有愛,我喜歡
Ross, square pizza. Where do you get it?
羅斯,方形披薩,都在哪買的
Are you kidding?
不是吧
Any self-respecting Harvard alumnus would know the answer to that.
每個自愛的哈佛畢業生都知道答案吧
Late night studying and you want square pizza,
熬夜學習想吃方披薩
where do you go?
去哪買呢
You know, I'm more of a burger guy.
我比較喜歡吃漢堡
I study better on protein.
攝入足夠蛋白質學得更好
I mean, that's just... pathetic.
太可惜了
It's Pinocchio's.
答案是匹諾曹店
Mm, I answer mine, I win.
我答對我的題就會贏
Yeah, I know.
我知道
How many current U.S. Supreme Court justices
現任美國最高法庭法官中
are from our alma mater?
有幾位法官上過哈佛
Five.
五位
Hah! See, I told you Keller was better.
看到了吧,我說過凱勒要更勝一籌
You owe me 20.
欠我二十美元
Awesome. Got anything to say, Ross?
真了不起,有啥想說的沒,羅斯
Nope. Just that the answer's wrong.
沒有,只是你的回答是錯的
Scalia, Roberts,
斯卡利亞,羅伯茨
Kennedy, Breyer, Kagan.
肯尼迪,布雷耶,卡根
Ginsberg.
金斯伯根
Ruth Bader Ginsberg went to Columbia.
魯斯·貝德·金斯伯根讀的是哥倫比亞
She graduated from Columbia,
她畢業于哥倫比亞
after she attended Harvard for two years.
但她之前還在哈佛讀過兩年
The question was phrased
問題問的是
"How many justices were from harvard?"
"有幾位法官上過哈佛"
Well, she was on the Harvard Law Review.
她上過哈佛法學院的期刊
And when she arrived at Columbia as a transfer,
她轉至哥倫比亞就讀時
she was from Harvard.
是哈佛在校生的身份
The rules dictate that you must be precise,
規則要求準確作答
as the law is a precise endeavor.
正如嚴謹的法律
Told you Ross was hot.
告訴過你羅斯是大熱
Congratulations.
恭喜你
This is what you get for second place.
這是第二名的獎品
To the victor belongs the spoils.
大獎屬于勝利者
A case. Pro bono, one of your very own.
一個案子,無償代理,你全權負責
Congratulations, enjoy.
恭喜,好好享用吧
Louis knows.
路易知道了
Louis knows what? My dirty little secret.
路易知道什么,我見不得人的小秘密
You're Canadian? Ha, ha, ha, ha.
你是加拿大人嗎,哈哈哈哈
No, he knows that I didn't go to harvard.
不是,他知道我不是哈佛畢業的
No, he doesn't.
他不知道
How can you be so sure about that?
你為什么這么肯定
Because you're walking with me right now.
因為你現在還跟我走在一起
He did this whole harvard trivia thing,
他舉辦了這場哈佛知識問答
and then he brought up this pizza--
又問到那個披薩
Doesn't mean he knows.
這也不能說明他知道
Look, I think we need to hack
我覺著我們需要
into Harvard's system or something.
入侵哈佛系統
You know, put my records in.
把我的信息輸入進去
I can't, I'm booked this weekend.
我不行,周末有約了
I'm breaking into fort knox.
我要闖進諾克斯堡(軍事重地)
I gotta return some stolen doubloons.
還幾個偷的多布隆金幣
Okay, hilarious. I'm serious.
太有喜感了,我是認真的
Listen, nobody's gonna check into your past
只要你不惹禍
unless you give them reason to.
沒人會翻你的老底
Louis is devious, but he's not bold.
路易是不光明磊落,但他沒那么大膽
He won't think we did this.
他想不到我們會這么做
Because he'd never think to do it himself.
因為他自己不會做這種事
Doubloons?
多布隆金幣嗎
The ridiculousness of your suggestion
你那荒謬的建議
warranted the use of a silly word.
害我說了個這么傻的詞
Got it.
明白
Was that Quentin Sainz I just saw leaving?
剛剛走的是奎汀·桑茲吧
Mm-hmm. You know him?
你認識他嗎
I know of him.
聽說過
Why was he holding your hands? Kissing them?
他為什么跟你握手,還吻你的手
What are you implying, Hharvey?
你想說什么,哈維
I don't know, maybe you two are going steady.
不知道,也許你倆確定關系了
I was implying that it looked like
我是說,看起來像是
he was grateful to you for taking his case.
你接他的案子,他感激涕零
Good, 'cause that's exactly what it was.
很好,事實也是如此
That's a bad move. We may make money
這步棋不妥,贏了也許能大賺一筆
billing out on their defense, but when we lose--
但是一旦輸了...
Which we will--it's gonna hurt us in the long run.
輸的可能性很大,長遠利益會受損
How do you know we'll lose? Because it's my job to know.
你怎么知道我們會輸,職業直覺
And his company's A.L.S. Wonder drug
他公司治療肌萎縮性側索硬化的靈藥
is killing people.
吃死人了
A.L.S. is incurable.
肌萎縮性側索硬化是不治之癥
And everyone who is taking that drug is going to die anyway.
吃那藥的人本來終究也會死的
Hm. That's your defense?
這就是你的辯護詞嗎
If he kills them a little faster, it's a public service?
加速病人的死亡,變成服務公眾了嗎
Our defense is those allegations are untrue.
我們的抗辯是指控不實
He has taken this story all over town,
他把這事傳得沸沸揚揚的
and not a single firm thinks he has a case.
沒有律所會接這個案子
Which is why he came to me.
所以他來找我
Because he wants someone who believes in him.
他需要有人信任他
And what is it exactly that makes you believe in him?
你為什么要相信他
Well, I got to know his character pretty well
我們結婚那段日子
during the time that we were married.
足以讓我深知他的品行
Quentin is expecting you tomorrow.
奎汀明天會來見你
You forgot this last night. I didn't forget that.
你昨晚忘帶這個了,我沒忘
I have no intention of taking this case.
我沒打算接這個案子
Though, I did get you this.
但是我給你準備了這個
What is it? A wedding gift.
什么,結婚禮物
I'm sorry it's so late,
不好意思送晚了
but it's hard to be on time
但是由于我都不知道你結婚了
when I never knew you were married.
想及時送禮,也很有難度
Are you seeing anyone, Harvey?
你在跟誰約會嗎,哈維
You don't wanna tell me, and I don't really care.
你不想告訴我,我也不在意
Because you and I share the same trait
因為你我都是
of keeping our personal lives personal.
注重保護隱私的人
You were married.
你結過婚了
It happened when you were at Harvard, didn't work out.
那還是你讀哈佛時候的事,感情進展不順
We were too dedicated to our careers,
我們都太專注于自己的事業了
And that's all I'm going to say about it.
我想說的也就這些了
Okay. You're right.
好吧,你是對的
It's none of my business.
不關我事
I'm still not taking this case. Why is that?
這個案子我還是不接,為什么
Because sometimes I do things that my clients don't like.
因為有時候我會做出讓客戶不爽的事情
And if their ex-wives are looking over my shoulders,
如果他們的前妻監視著我
that's not really a problem.
倒也沒啥事
But when their ex-wives are also my managing partner,
但是如果他們的前妻是我的經營合伙人
that hamstrings me.
我就放不開手腳了
And if I'm gonna turn this loser into a winner,
如果想讓我扳回官司
I can't be hamstrung. I can't have that.
我就不能被束縛,絕對不能
Do what you gotta do.
你想怎么做都行
You won't interfere? What did I just say?
你不會干預嗎,我剛才不是說了嘛
Do you have any idea how hard it is
如果不是輝瑞,阿目金
to develop a new drug
或者默克這類大制藥公司
if you're not Pfizer, or Amgen, or Merck?
你知道普通公司要開發新藥有多難嗎
This is important, Harvey.
這事很重要,哈維
If Quentin came to you looking for someone to trust him,
如果奎汀是來找一個信任他的人
why aren't you handling this case yourself?
你為什么不接他的案子
That's none of your concern.
與你無關
Well, I'm not asking you that as your colleague,
我不是以同事的身份問你
I'm asking you as Quentin's attorney.
而是以奎汀的律師身份問你
After Quentin and I separated,
我和奎汀分居以后
he started seeing one of his research consultants.
他開始和一個研究顧問約會
Lisa. They're still together.
她叫麗薩,他們現在還在一起
But he never married her.
但是他沒娶她
She doesn't want me on the case.
她不希望我插手這個案子
Oh, terrific.
好極了
You're sticking me with a losing case,
你硬塞給我一個必輸的案子
and a girlfriend who isn't gonna like me
還塞給我一個既不喜歡你
anymore than she likes you.
也不會喜歡我的女朋友
Well, I'm sure it's not the first time
我敢肯定這不是第一次
someone hasn't liked you, Harvey.
有人不喜歡你了,哈維
Who doesn't like me?
誰不喜歡我了
Picture the devil without the charm.
他就像一個無惡不作的魔鬼
Okay, so Karinski owned this building for two years?
好吧,所以說這兩年來樓主都是卡里斯基
Yeah, then things got bad.
沒錯,隨后情況就急轉直下了
Three below, the heat went out and I nearly froze to death.
零下三度時供熱斷了,差點把我凍死
Then a gas leak in my stove.
爐子又發生了煤氣泄漏
You could smell the damn thing, but he said it was fine.
都能聞到那股味,可他卻說沒事
I called for a month, then I had to replace it myself.
我打了一個月的電話,最后還是自己換的
Why didn't you just move?
為什么不干脆搬走
This is the apartment that I grew up in.
我是在這所公寓里長大的
It's the only place I've ever known.
這里是我唯一熟悉的地方
I don't have any brothers or sisters.
我沒有兄弟姐妹
My parents... not with me anymore.
我的父母,也不在了
I'm not leaving the one connection I have to them.
我不會離開我和他們僅有的維系之所
You said you weren't sleeping. Are you stressed out, or--?
你說你睡不著覺,是壓力大還是
Bedbugs. No.
有臭蟲,不會吧
My place is literally crawling with them.
我的房間簡直爬滿了臭蟲
Could you sleep knowing the minute you turn out the light,
想到自己一關燈,他們就會爬過來
they're coming for you? No, I couldn't.
你還能睡著嗎,睡不著
Well, Karinski won't do anything about it without proof,
拿不出證據,卡里斯基就不管
And I can't get someone from the city down
可我找不來有關部門去證實
to verify they're there.
那里有臭蟲
Don't worry. I can.
別擔心,我可以
Two weeks. Next Thursday.
要等兩周,下周四
I-I-I-I don't think that you heard me.
我想你沒聽清我說什么
I need someone down there today.
我現在就要人過去
Two weeks, next thursday. Okay.
要等兩周,下周四,好了
Uh, I'd like to speak to your supervisor, please.
我想跟你們的主管談談
You can do that next Wednesday.
你可以下周三來
Okay, Glenda, let me tell you what I'm gonna do
好吧,格蘭達,我告訴你從現在起
between now and next wednesday...
到下周三,我會怎么做
I know exactly what you're gonna do.
我很清楚你要怎么做
You're gonna do what every lawyer threatens to do.
每個律師都會這么威脅我
You're gonna file a 409/3 grievance
你會遞交409/3投訴
Claiming that I did not fulfill my obligation
說我沒有格盡職守
to promptly direct you to my supervisor.
讓你馬上見到我的主管
A grievance that will be passed on to my supervisor next Wednesday.
這份投訴將會在下周三遞交給我的主管
No, what I'm gonna do is hire a private investigator
不,我要做的是,雇一名私家偵探
to look into every aspect of your life
調查從你出生到下周二期間
from the day you were born until next Tuesday.
你生活的方方面面
And then I'm gonna use whatever it is they find
有任何發現,我都會加以利用
to make you wish that your biggest problem
讓你整天祈禱,能保住這份
was keeping this job that you seem to hate so much.
你看來也厭惡十足的工作
Yeah, I'm not like every other lawyer, Glenda.
沒錯,我是個與眾不同的律師,格蘭達
What did you say your name was?
你剛才說你叫什么
Specter.
斯佩克特
Harvey Specter.
哈維·斯佩克特
You're a baseball fan? Oh, yeah.
你是棒球迷嗎, 是啊
Then I assume you know Lou Gehrig was a bad man.
那你應該知道盧·格里格是個狠角色
They didn't call him the iron horse for nothing.
不然也不會被人稱作火車了
Then he got A.L.S.
后來他得了肌萎縮側索硬化癥
You know what it did to him?
知道他怎樣了嗎
His hands locked up, then his legs,
他的手癱瘓了,之后是腳
His speech, eventually his breathing.
接著失語,最后窒息
Couldn't control 'em.
無法控制
His mind knew what it wanted, but his body--
他的頭腦很清楚,可是身體卻
He was trapped inside, unable to do anything.
他完全被困住了,無法自理
Even today, you get A.L.S.,
就算今時今日,患上肌萎縮側索硬化癥
within three to five years, you die.
不出三五年也必死無疑
Or sooner, if someone takes your drug and their liver fails.
如果吃了你的藥出現肝衰竭,會死得更快
Our drug makes people's remaining years better,
我們的藥能減輕最后幾年的痛苦
And it doubles their life expectancy.
還能讓他們的預期壽命翻倍
Except for the people who's livers are failing.
除了那些出現肝臟衰竭的人
You don't Lisa.
你不...麗薩
It's okay.
不要緊
I can see why Jessica likes you.
我知道杰西卡為什么喜歡你了
You cut through the bullshit.
你說話直來直往
That's something I always loved about her.
我就喜歡她這點
She just does it with a little less charm than I do.
只是她這么說話的魅力,會比我少一點
Isn't she a little taller than you?
她是不是比你高一點
It's the heels. Let me tell you
她穿高跟鞋了,我來告訴你
what it takes to get a drug approved today.
一種藥物通過審批都需要什么
We were $139 million into development
藥物上架之前,我們投入了
before we ever hit the shelves.
一億三千九百萬用于研發
We jumped through every hoop they threw at us,
所有的要求我們都一一通過了
And we proved our drug was safe for eight years.
花了八年時間證明我們的藥是安全的
So you're saying these claims are baseless?
所以你說這些控告是毫無根據的
We're talking about six terminal patients
在這六個晚期病人身上
with a wide array of medical issues.
存在一系列的醫療問題
And they're saying my company's drug caused this?
憑什么說是我們公司的藥物導致的
They were drinking coffee on the Titanic.
萊昂納多·迪卡普里奧落水的原因
I don't think that put Leonardo Dicaprio in the water.
也不會是當時人們都在泰坦尼克號上喝咖啡吧
Since Jessica vouched for you,
既然杰西卡向我擔保了
I'm gonna go ahead and believe what you're telling me.
我就會相信你說的話
But since these other firms determined you have exposure,
但鑒于其他藥品公司已決定要讓你曝光
Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna pay them.
我們就得這么辦,賠他們錢
We're gonna pay them a little bit of money
賠他們一點點錢
So you can keep saving lives,
你就可以繼續救死扶傷
because if we drag this out,
因為如果這事拖久了
people won't think of your drug as a way to save lives,
人們就不會相信你的藥能救命了
They'll think of it as a death sentence.
他們會覺得你的藥能致命
The guy from the housing department's
房屋管理處的人
gonna be here in about five minutes.
五分鐘之后就到
How did you manage that?
你是怎么辦到的
You know, they're actually pretty receptive
如果把情況跟他們說清楚
when you explain the situation to them.
他們還是會聽進去的
That's what you have to do to prevent the spread.
為了防止蟲害蔓延,只能這么做
I had to get rid of most of my things--
我都忍痛扔了很多東西了
Clothes, record collection, books.
衣服,收藏的唱片,書
I had a first edition "Catcher in the Rye",
我當初還有第一版的《麥田守望者》呢
You know what that was worth? No.
你知道有多值錢嗎,不知道
The bugs can live dormant for 18 months.
那些蟲子能潛伏十八個月
You just have to throw everything out.
你得把所有東西都扔了
Frank! Karinski.
弗蘭克,卡里斯基
You're here. yes.
你在這啊,是啊
I live here. Funny you should mention that,
我住這,你還有臉說
'cause you haven't paid rent in four months,
你都四個月沒交房租了
So I wasn't sure. I haven't paid rent
我真不確定了,我沒交房租
because you haven't--
是因為你沒有...
Frank has withheld rent
弗蘭克不交房租
because the apartment is not habitable.
是因為這公寓住不了人
New York housing code, sub-chapter two, article four
紐約住房規定,副二章,第四條
Section 27-20-- Hey, no rent, no apartment.
第27至20節,不交房租就走人
That's my code.
這是我的規矩
But if you want something legal...
你想依法辦事是吧
There's a court order. You got three days to get out.
這是法院的命令,三天之內給我滾出去
Or the sheriff's department will empty the place for you.
不然治安部的人也會來替你搬家的
Have a nice day.
祝你愉快
You're late.
你遲到了
Look, it was Louis' pro bono, I--
是因為路易的無償案件,我
Hey, that's my suit. My extra suit from my office.
這是我的西裝,我辦公室那套備用的
Yeah, it's Louis' fault. I went to the client's place,
是的,都怪路易,那個當事人的房間
It was overrun with bedbugs, so I went back to the office--
到處都是臭蟲,所以當我回到辦公室
You tracked bedbugs into my office?
你把臭蟲帶到我的辦公室了
No. You walked in there naked?
沒有,那你裸體進去的
No, Donna met me in the downstairs men's room...
不是,是唐娜給我送到樓下男廁的
Okay, Donna's fired, and you're buying me an extra suit.
夠了,唐娜被解雇了,你得給我買套新的
By the way, that's a three-piece suit.
還有,這是三件套的
Where's the vest?
馬甲呢
Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.
沒錯,我正想跟你說這事呢
Vests? Really?
馬甲,還要穿馬甲嗎
Says the guy with the bike helmet.
戴著自行車頭盔的人懂什么
Uh, safety first.
安全第一嘛
Come on.
慢點
Ah, the house that Amylinx built.
這就是生產艾米林克斯藥的大樓啊
Nice. Very nice.
不錯,真不錯
Collin Church, Mr. Sainz
我叫科林·徹奇,桑茲先生
and Mr. Specter,
還有斯佩克特先生
lately arrived to our little legal dispute.
您姍姍來遲,為解決我們這小小的法律糾紛
You say legal dispute, I say shakedown.
法律糾紛嗎,我看是勒索
Always a fine line between the two, n'est pas?
這二者的差別總是很微妙,不是嗎
Look, we can sit here and posture
說實話,如果我們坐在這
about the strengths and weaknesses of our cases,
討論各自在案件中的優勢和劣勢
but frankly, that's gonna bore the hell out of me.
那對我來說真是無聊透頂了
Seriously?
真的嗎
It could be much lower. It could be much higher.
還可以更少的,我說會更多
Then let's pretend it's just right.
那就當它正好吧
My client's lives are being cut short.
我的委托人壽命縮短了
And according to accepted calculations,
而且根據公式計算
the current value of a life is $7.9 million.
現在一條命可值790萬
You're not even offering pennies on that.
你這連零頭都不夠
Those happen to be E.P.A. Calculations
那些公式是環保局
based on a full life expectancy.
根據完整的平均壽命計算的
Adjusted for plaintiffs
考慮到原告的壽命
Who's expectancy is just a fragment of this,
本來就時日不多了
yields a value of $143,427.
也就只值143427美元
Approximately.
估算值
What your child fails to understand is that
你們這位小朋友沒明白
For someone with only three to five years to live,
對于一個只剩下三至五年壽命的人
Each day is worth infinitely more.
每一天都是無比珍貴的
But the real crux is the punitive damages.
關鍵在于懲罰性損害賠償的問題
Because if your client wants to sell me the idea
如果你的當事人想讓我相信
that he didn't know about these side effects years ago.
這些年來他對藥的副作用一無所知
I'm not buying it.
我是不會相信的
Which is why we want $250 million.
所以我們要求賠償2.5億
What? Quentin.
什么,奎汀
No, man. This is outrageous.
不可能,這太不講道理了
Do you know what you're doing?
你知道自己在干嘛嗎
You're bankrupting this company
你是在讓我的公司破產
and taking away years of life from real people
還縮短了那些服用我公司藥物的人們
who are walking, talking, and breathing easier
得以輕松行走,交談
because of the drug we make.
和呼吸的年限
I don't represent those people.
我并不代表這些人
My clients--
我的當事人...
Have tenuous claims at best.
要求巨額索賠的可能性極低
And unless one of your six is
除非你們六個人中有
Rupert Murdoch.
魯伯特·默多克(新聞集團總裁)
You're out of your mind.
不然你想都別想
Okay.
好吧
You printed that? Well, not yet. But I will.
你登報了,還沒,但我會的
You realize that's libelous.
你知道這算誹謗吧
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
也許是,也許不是
But after it runs, you and I both know,
不過一旦刊登出來后,你我都清楚
It won't much matter.
誹不誹謗就不重要了
We're done here. I don't take to extortion.
沒什么好說的了,我不接受勒索
I'm not gonna be bullied by an ambulance-chaser
無論西裝有多贊,我也不會
no matter how nice his suit.
被專接事故案的無名小卒恐嚇
It is nice, isn't it?
這西服確實很贊,不是嗎
Italian. And it fits.
意大利制造,相當合身
$250 million, Mr. Sainz.
2500萬元,桑茲先生
I'll give you four days.
我給你們四天時間
Church wants to play, we play.
徹奇想玩下去,我們就奉陪到底
I have housing court in the morning.
我早上還有個房屋案子要開庭
It's housing court. Your grandmother could win.
只是個房屋案件,你奶奶都能打贏
Let's see just how real
我們先查一下他當事人的
his clients' liver problems are.
肝臟到底出了什么問題
Are if they are real, we suggest they're from
如果事情屬實,我們就說那是由于
the disease itself, or they took the wrong dose,
疾病本身,或用藥不慎
or they took a cocktail of combined drugs.
或者他們在雞尾酒里加了混合藥物
Also, I wanna see Quentin's company financials.
還有,我要看一下奎汀公司的財務狀況
I already asked for them once.
我已經跟他們說過了
I want you to call them and follow-up.
打個電話給他們,隨時跟進
I wanna know everything church could go after.
我要知道徹奇可能查到的任何資料
So we've gone from settlement
我們不在這兒想談和方案
to scorched earth.
而要采取極端措施了
I didn't feel like writing a $1/4 billion check.
我不想開一張250萬的支票給他
It's a negotiation. Exactly.
現在還只是談判而已,沒錯
That's why I'm arming myself for the next round.
所以我才要為下一輪充分武裝
By digging into Quentin?
靠查奎汀的老底嗎
I'm a boy scout.
我可是童子軍
I like to be prepared.
我不打無準備之仗
So you think you'll look like a boy scout
你是說你會像童子軍那樣
By putting dying people on the stand
讓那些奄奄一息的病人出庭作證
and tearing them apart?
再讓他們敗訴
You're gonna look like an asshole.
那你就是個混蛋
For every one they claim has a side effect,
雖然他們每個人都聲稱有副作用
We have 600 who don't.
但我們這兒有600人沒發現副作用
And if I need to look like an asshole
如果讓別人以為我是混蛋
to convince the jury
就能向陪審團說明
that hundreds are more important than the one,
幾百個人的命遠重于一個人的命
I'm not gonna lose a minute's sleep over it.
我也不用擔心的睡不著了
Well, I have court in the morning.
我明早還有個房屋案件要開庭
Oh, I'm-I'm not clear.
我不明白
Was this a conversation with my managing partner
我是在和我的經營合伙人說話
or my client's ex-wife?
還是在和我客戶的前妻說話
You need to settle this case, Harvey.
你得妥善處理這件案子,哈維
Which I will do if you stay out of it...
我會的,只要你不插手
As you promised.
就像你之前保證的
Make it go away.
好好處理
Rachel. Go away.
瑞秋,走開
I need to talk to you.
我要跟你談談
Who's picking on you now, Mikey?
誰又找你茬了,邁克
Mom and Dad are fighting.
老爸老媽吵架咯
Harvey and Jessica. What do you care?
哈維和杰西卡,你擔心個什么勁啊
Oh, I'm just rattled.
我只是有點擔心
My first trial tomorrow in housing court.
明天是我第一次出庭,房屋案件
Housing court?
房屋的案子嗎
I could win at housing court. You'll be fine.
我都能打贏這官司,你能行的
But not if you wear that suit.
但要是穿這件襯衫就另當別論了
Carvello versus Karinski properties.
卡維羅與卡里斯基房租糾紛訴訟案
So how does this usually work?
通常這類案件是怎么審的
Well, usually the trial starts,
通常在審訊開始
and there's the judge, and then...you know,
法官會坐在那,然后
people say things.
大家就開始辯護
You've never done this before, have you?
你以前從來沒接過案子吧
Well, I never drove a car before
第一次開車之前
the first time I drove one,
我也沒開過車啊
and I'm still here, aren't I?
但是我現在不是也安然無恙嗎
This is your first time?
這是你第一次上庭嗎
I'm your first?
我是你的第一個對手
Don't worry, I promise not to be gentle.
別擔心,我保證不會手下留情的
Frank. It's nice to see you.
弗蘭克,見到你真高興
One last time.
最后一次了
If it pleases the court--
請允許我...
It pleases the court to decide who speaks and when.
請允許我宣布何人何時開始陳詞
I'll sit down.
我還是坐下吧
We're talking about $4,000 in withheld rent pas--
今天的案子是關于四千元的房租拖欠
Yes, your honor. But we have receipts
是的,法官大人,但是我們有
for repairs, lost clothing, as well as...
維修,失竊衣物的收據,還有...
$4,000. Yes, your honor.
四千元,沒錯,法官大人
She was talking to me.
她是在和我說話
Why hasn't he paid, counselor?
他為什么沒付房租,對方律師
That one was for you.
法官是在問你呢
Bedbugs, your honor.
是因為臭蟲,法官大人
I have receipts that show
我掌握的收據資料顯示
my client's financial outlay
我的當事人若要解決這些問題
to rectify the problem far exceeds the amount.
所需的財力遠遠超過他的實際收入水平
Housing department certified the presence of bedbugs?
房屋管理部門確認了臭蟲的情況屬實了嗎
Uh, yes, your honor. Abatement?
是的,法官大人,房租減免呢
Excuse me.
借過
I'll do it. There you go.
我來吧,給
Your honor, this is an eviction hearing.
法官大人,這是房屋收回聽證會
The pertinent question is not habitability,
重點不在于房屋是否適合居住
but whether or not rent has been paid.
而在于對方是否已付房租
Actually, city code states that
實際上,城市法規明確規定
rent may be withheld
不能保證房屋的適居度
if the warranty of habitability is breached.
可以不支付房租
In that case, we request to see the checks
那樣的話,我要求查看第三方對
Mr. Ross' client has placed in escrow.
羅斯先生當事人的擔保核對
Checks, in escrow.
核對,第三方的...
Pending the outcome of a rent abatement hearing?
房租減免與否取決于此
That's not in the code.
法規里可沒這么規定
It is the accepted practice.
這是不成文的規矩
And therefore binding in this courtroom.
因此在這個法庭上是適用的
Your client did
我想你的當事人
put money in escrow, I assume.
應該出錢進行過第三方擔保吧
I didn't have any money left-- Your honor...
我沒有多余的錢了啊,法官大人
Eviction upheld.
贊成收回房屋
But your honor, he--
但是法官大人,他...
Did you see me bang the gavel?
看到我敲木槌了嗎
That means step aside. Next case.
那意味著判決已定,下一個案子
You never forget your first.
你永遠不會忘記你的第一次的
You know what happens to pitchers
你知不知道如果一個新棒球投手
when they get shelled in rookie league, Mike?
首場比賽失利會有什么下場嗎,邁克
You think they make it to the bigs?
你覺得他們還會成為種子選手嗎
Or do they just end up
或許他們會去參軍
on some sad American legion team of has-beens?
最后慘遭遺忘
I get it, I lost. I'm sorry.
我明白,我輸了,我很抱歉
Well, you're sorry.
你很抱歉
In that case-- No, I am sorry.
那樣的話,不,我真的很抱歉
But right now I have some research to do for Harvey,
但現在我要幫哈維查些資料
So if you'll excuse me. Remember when you stole
所以失陪一下,還記得你偷走了
that client I had you bring in?
我讓你談下來的那個客戶嗎
That was a good time for you, wasn't it?
那時你真是風光啊,不是嗎
See, I gave you a nothing case so that
我給了你一個無足輕重的案子
when you did win
即使你打贏了
it would still do nothing for your career.
那對你的事業也起不了什么作用
But I still expected you to win.
但我還是期望你能打贏
So yeah, I guess...
所以,我想
Go back to your research.
你還是繼續查你的資料吧
Maybe that is your niche.
也許你就只能干這個
Maybe it is.
也許吧
Most mornings, I can make it out of the chair
大多數清晨,我都不用坐在輪椅上
and get across the floor.
可以在地板上走動
And I can hold my daughter.
還能抱起我女兒
How many were in the study?
參與調查的有多少人
412, over 2 years.
兩年多里,有412人
And we have videos of all of them.
他們的所有錄像資料我們都有
25% were given placebos.
25%的人服用的是安慰劑
The rest, varying doses of Amylinx.
其余人都服用了不等劑量的艾米林克斯
And more than half are like that one,
超過半數的人,都像這位患者一樣
showing significant signs of improvement.
病情好轉地相當快
And you're telling me there was nothing affecting the liver?
你的意思是治療一點都不會損害肝臟
Yes.
是的
If you're just coming to question that,
如果你來是為了質問我這個的
we'll move on.
那可以直接跳過了
You don't like it that Quentin went to his ex-wife, do you?
你討厭奎汀去找他前妻幫忙,對嗎
No, I don't.
沒錯
I don't want any garbage from the past getting in the way.
我不想他過去的包袱阻礙他的前途
I mean, what Quentin's done here is nothing short of miraculous.
奎汀在這里做出的成就,堪比奇跡
I think I may have found a way to keep that miracle going.
我想我可能找到了一個挽救奇跡的辦法
I was going through the plaintiff's medical files,
我在翻看原告的醫療檔案
and then I found this.
我發現了這個
This is good.
好啊
This is really good.
這真太好了
Jones versus Norco...
瓊斯告諾克一案
Washburn versus Hawthorne Incorporated...
沃什本告霍斯尼股份有限公司一案
actually, seven cases that Mr. Church solicited
事實上,有七起案件
lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies.
徹奇先生都是作為原告律師控告制藥公司
In each case, he was able to exact a settlement
在每起案件中,他都能達成庭外和解
because the company knew that even if they won,
因為這些公司知道,即使他們贏了官司
a protracted battle would do more damage than settling.
這樣的拉鋸戰也會造成比和解更大的損失
You have evidence of that?
你這說法有證據嗎
Plaintiff number two in our case, Eleanor Baker.
我們案件中的二號原告,埃莉諾·貝克
She also happens to be
她同時還是
plaintiff number seven in Jones versus Norco.
瓊斯告諾克一案的七號原告
He's recycling plaintiffs. That's very green of you.
他這是回收再利用他的原告,挺環保的
Mr. Church?
徹奇先生你怎么說
Mr. Specter has his documents, I have mine
斯佩克特先生有力證,我這兒也有
showing that prior to FDA approval of his drug,
這些文件顯示了,藥管局批準藥品生產前
Quentin Sainz's company was on the verge of bankruptcy.
奎汀·桑茲的公司瀕臨破產
Three months after that drug hit the market,
藥品上市后三個月
sales rocketed to $38 million a quarter,
銷售額沖到一季度380萬美元
which is clear financial motive
這顯然是偽造臨床試驗
for falsifying clinical trials.
的財務動機啊
Now, Your Honor, does that sound like
法官大人,這聽起來
a groundless claim to you?
也不是妄加推斷吧
I told you to go over those financials.
我讓你去查他們的財務狀況的
I asked him five times, he never gave them to me.
我跟他要了五次了,他根本沒給我
Your Honor. Mr. Specter,
法官大人,斯佩克特先生
you can question his tactics all you like at trial,
你可以在庭審的時候質問他的辯護手法
but he's right.
但他說的對
That right there is financial motive for fraud
確實存在欺瞞作弊的財務動機
this case is moving forward.
本案進入下一階段
Thank you, Your Honor.
謝謝,法官大人
Jessica, what're you doing here?
杰西卡,你來這兒干嘛
Get in.
進來
I was just about to get some coffee.
我正要去買杯咖啡呢
Heard about your little setback in court.
我聽說了你在法庭上受挫的事
Getting blind-sided by my own client holding back
因為我的客戶隱瞞不報而遭偷襲
isn't a setback, it's an embarrassment.
不叫受挫叫受辱
What are you talking about? Did you ever think
你說什么呢,你有沒有想過
it's time to consider that he isn't the upstanding man
現在該認識到,或許他不是你想的那種
that you think he is?
正直的人
When we were married...
我們還是夫妻的時候
when I took a client Quentin knew was guilty,
當奎汀知道我接的客戶是有罪的時候
he never shut up about it.
他就嘮叨個不停
He went on, and on, about right and wrong.
他會一直說要黑白分明
Sounds annoyingly self-righteous.
聽上去像個自以為是的討厭鬼
It was.
確實
But it's also how I know he didn't do this.
但這也是我知道他不會這么做的原因
For all his faults, Quentin has never lied to me before.
不管他犯了什么錯,奎汀從沒對我撒謊
And he's not lying about this.
他也沒對此事撒謊
So stop questioning his ethics and start winning this case.
所以別再質疑他的人品,想法贏得案子
We had a deal that you were gonna stay out of it.
我們說好你不會插手的
You don't know everything I know.
我掌握的情況,你并不都清楚
All right. That's not staying out of it.
那就給我看看,這還叫不插手嗎
No, you're right.
你說得對
I'm not staying out of it anymore.
我現在要插手了
I'm sorry.
真抱歉
You looked into his background this deeply?
你們查他底細查得這么徹底
The investigation reveals what it reveals.
調查結果就是調查結果
If he lied about this, he could've lied about anything.
如果他對此撒謊,對別的事也會撒謊
You think I didn't know
你以為我不知道
He started with Lisa before we were separated?
他跟我分手之前就跟麗薩有一腿了嗎
This is old news, Harvey. I moved on a long time ago.
這我早知道了,哈維,我早不計較了
Jessica, it's a pattern of behavior.
杰西卡,這是他行為模式
Quentin came to me because he knew
奎汀來找我,是因為他知道
I thought he was a good man, and I still do.
我認為他是個好人,我還是這樣認為的
You obviously don't.
你顯然不這么認為
I'm taking the case.
我要接手這件案子
What about Lisa?
那麗薩那兒怎么辦
If Lisa has a problem with it,
要是麗薩對此有意見
then Lisa can take it up with me.
讓她來找我好了
It's kind of ironic, isn't it?
挺諷刺的是不是
You and I both lost in court yesterday.
我們昨天都在法庭上敗下陣來
You lost... in housing court?
你輸了,房屋糾紛嗎
How does one lose in housing court?
你怎么能輸掉房屋糾紛呢
People win there without lawyers.
那種案子不請律師都能贏啊
Well, he had a lawyer, Tanaka, and she--
對方有律師,叫塔納卡,她還
Vivien Tanaka? Yeah, what, you know her?
薇薇安·塔納卡嗎, 對,你認識她嗎
If your landlord's using Vivien Tanaka,
要是你的房東雇了薇薇安·塔納卡
this isn't about bedbugs.
那這就不是臭蟲的問題了
Vivien Tanaka represents half the high-rises in Manhattan.
薇薇安·塔納卡替曼哈頓一半的大廈打官司
This isn't a petty rent dispute. Your guy's going condo.
這不是什么房租糾紛,房東要蓋公寓大廈
Well, that's great.
那好啊
Forcing Frank out for conversion is harassment,
為了改造,逼迫弗蘭克搬家構成騷擾罪
I can go after him for that.
我能用這個告他
No, you wanna take down Vivien,
不,你想打倒薇薇安
you better go in there with more than just one client.
你最好多帶上幾個客戶
You show the pattern, the settlement goes up.
指出事件的普遍性,調解費就上去了
If they did this to him,
如果他們真對他這么干
I guarantee they've done this to others.
我敢保證他們還對別人這么干過
So I should find other people in Frank's building?
那我應該去找弗蘭克樓里的其他人了
Think bigger.
大膽設想
Bigger how?
怎么個大法
Karinski owns five buildings
卡里斯基擁有五棟樓
and they all used to be rent-controlled,
之前都是租金管制公寓(為保護低收入者有屋可住實施的房屋管制政策)
but now they go for a million and a half a unit.
但現在都是一個單元150萬
Nice profit margin.
利潤可觀啊
I went to look for housing department complaints
我去房屋管理處
in the year prior to his remodel.
找他改造前一年的公寓投訴
In each one of them, tenants who couldn't buy into the conversion
每一棟樓里,掏不起改造后房租的住戶
ended up with some complaint-- garbage, heat, air.
后來都對垃圾,采暖或臭氣提起過投訴
All of them, one by one, Karinski drove them out.
所有人,一個一個的都被卡里斯基趕出去了
You couldn't get their names from housing complaints?
你在投訴上查不到他們的名字嗎
No, it gave me some names.
查到了,我拿到一些名字
But I need to make this bigger than just his building.
但我需要讓此事看起來比他的大樓更嚴重
Look, I only get one hour off a day for lunch,
我只有一小時午休時間
and I never take it. Do you really need me for this?
現在還沒休上呢,你真需要我幫你嗎
See these people who are leaving the building?
看見這對離開大廈的人了嗎
The entire building looks like them.
整棟樓都是這樣的人
I know I clean up okay, but...
我知道我還算干凈利落,但是
Mm, you need me to class you up a bit.
你要我讓你提升點檔次
Not class, but— Class.
不是檔次的事,就是檔次的事
All right, whatever gets you through the door.
好吧,只有能進門就行
Come on, are you ready? Yeah.
走吧,準備好了嗎, 好了
Hi, there. My wife and I
你好,我夫人和我
are here to see some of the new units.
想來看看一些新單元
Isn't that right, honey?
是不是啊,親愛的
So what do you think, sweetheart?
你覺得怎么樣啊,甜心
Hm, it's fine.
嗯,還好
But I like the place on 52nd better.
但我覺得52街的那間更好一些
52nd, that's awful close to your mother.
52街,離你母親家很近啊
No, no, no, we're not talking about my mother.
不不不,我們不談我媽的事
Well, I...look, it doesn't matter to me,
我倒是沒關系啊
I mean, I love being near your mother.
我喜歡住得離你媽近一些
I love your mother.
我很愛你母親
So why don't you tell us
你何不跟我們介紹一下
something about your little building?
這棟大廈的情況
Well, I think you'll find that
我想你們會發現
not only are the amenities top quality,
不僅我們的設施是一流的
so are the tenants. That's good to hear.
住戶也是高素質人群,那太好了
Yeah, 'cause we're not just looking at
是啊,因為我們不只是
buying square footage, but really put down some roots.
要買塊地方,更是要在這兒安家的
Well, that is such the right way to look at it.
這里正是安家的明智選擇
Is it?
是嘛
Yes, and I think you'll also find
是啊,你們還會發現
that the people who've bought here, they're like you.
入住的住戶,他們跟你們很像
They're young, ambitious--
年輕,上進
Is there a problem?
有什么問題嗎
Any other questions I can answer?
有什么疑問我能回答的嗎
I'm sorry. My wife here--my beautiful wife
對不起,我老婆,我美麗的老婆
is just--gets a little paranoid sometimes, you know?
有的時候會有點多疑,你懂嗎
You wouldn't believe how long it took her
你都不會相信,我花了多長時間
to just go out with me in the first place.
才讓她答應跟我約會
Forever.
一生那么長
Are there any other tenants who've been here for a while,
還有其他在這兒住了一段時間的住戶嗎
you know, who might be able to show us
有沒有住戶,能帶我們了解一下
the ins and outs of the place, the neighborhood?
住在這里要注意的事,認識一下鄰居
Well, the building was totally renovated two years ago,
大樓兩年前翻修過
So most of our tenants are newer.
所以我們大部分的住戶都是搬來不久的
We only reopened in January.
我們一月份才重新開放的
But I think there are
但我覺得會有些
some of the old tenants who bought in.
老住戶在這兒直接租了新居
You think that we might be able to speak to them?
你說我們能跟他們談談嗎
Just to be sure. It would really make us
就是想確認一下,會讓我們
feel more comfortable.
心里舒坦點
She's feisty.
她精力特充沛
So in love, so in love. Yes, we are.
我們可相愛了,那是,那是
You came to me because you wanted someone
你來找我,是因為你想找個
who knows you always tell the truth.
認為你不會說謊的人幫你
Well, you don't. What're you talking about?
可你說謊了,你在說什么啊
Lisa.
麗薩的事
I asked you back then if anything had started
我那時問你,我們分開前
before we were separated.
你們是不是就有一腿了
You said it hadn't and I believed you.
你說沒有,我也相信你了
'Cause I didn't wanna hurt you.
那是因為我不想傷害你
You wanna know what hurts me?
你想知道什么傷到我了嗎
I thought it was my ambition that caused our divorce.
我原以為是我的事業心導致了我們離婚
I never said that. No.
我從沒這么說過,是沒有
But you let me believe it.
但你讓我以為是這樣
I shouldn't have started with Lisa when I did,
我本不該在那時與麗薩有染
but it happened long after
可早在那之前
you and I both know we weren't working.
你我就都清楚,我們的感情難以維系了
Now I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Sorry I didn't have the courage to tell you then.
抱歉我當時沒有勇氣說真話
What about now? Now?
那現在呢,現在怎么了
They're manipulating the facts.
那些人是在歪曲事實
And I'm not going to apologize just because we happened
我不會為了,在我快一無所有之時
to hit it big when I was about to lose everything.
突然時來運轉,而道歉
I'm gonna defend you either way
不論怎樣我都會為你辯護的
because I took this case, and that's what I do.
因為我接了你的案子,這是我的工作
But if I'm gonna stake my reputation on this,
但如果我要堵上我的名聲
then I need to know if there are any other lies
我就要知道還有沒有別的謊言
that are gonna come up and sandbag me.
會冒出來背后捅我一刀
And I need to know right now.
我現在就要知道
Thanks.
謝謝
I see I have some catching up to do.
看來我們有很多話要聊了
People are stupid when they're young.
人都是年少無知啊
Do you wanna know why? I wanna know why
你知道為什么嗎, 我想知道
they're stupid all the other years of their lives.
為什么他們在余下的生命里也那么無知
Glenfiddich. Smooth.
格蘭菲迪,不錯啊
That's nice.
真不錯
You never got married.
你從沒結過婚
Now we're sharing our personal lives?
現在我們要分享私生活了嗎
"Till death do us part."
"直到死亡將我們分開"
I actually believed it.
我還真信了
Did he falsify the clinical trials?
他在臨床試驗上造假了嗎
He says he wouldn't do that.
他說他不會那么做的
So why are we drinking?
那我們干嘛喝悶酒
He says he wouldn't do that...
他說他不會那么做的
because he needs the drug to work.
因為他本人也需要這藥見效
He's dying.
他要死了
Quentin has A.L.S.
奎汀也有肌萎縮側索硬化癥
Miss parker, how long have you worked for Mr. Sainz?
帕克小姐,你為桑茲先生工作多久了
Well, technically, I'm an independent consultant.
實際上我是獨立顧問
But I've been a part of Amylinx from the beginning.
但我從艾米林克斯研發之初就在這兒工作了
Yes, I imagine you have been.
是啊,我想你也是
We're just trying to establish your credentials
我們要確立你的可信程度
for testifying for him.
好為他作證
How long have you known Quentin had A.L.S.?
你知道奎汀有肌萎縮側索硬化癥多久了
From the beginning. And how long have you known
一開始就知道,那你知道
Quentin falsified trial results to get the drug on the market,
他為了自救在實驗結果上造假
to save his own life? What?
好讓藥早點上市多久了,你說什么
No, he wouldn't do that.
他才不會那么做呢
Come on, Lisa, we're all on the same team here.
少來了麗薩,我們是一邊的
We're trying to figure out how to protect the man you love.
我們在想辦法保護你愛的男人
Well, I thought you believed in him.
我以為你相信他呢
You slept with Quentin
奎汀跟我還是夫妻的時候
while he was married to me.
你就跟他上床了
He said it never happened, and I believed him.
他之前說沒有這回事,我也信了
But I have learned that he can lie.
但現在我知道他會撒謊
So do I believe in him now? No.
所以我現在還相信他嗎,不了
This is damage control.
現在是在控制損失
We're just trying to protect him.
我們在努力保護他
Because they will find out, and he will get caught,
因為他們會查出來,他會被抓起來
And if you don't tell us the real facts,
如果你不跟我們說實話
we can't mitigate the damage from his lie.
我們沒法減緩他撒謊帶來的損失
But he didn't lie.
但他沒撒謊
I swear.
我發誓
He didn't. But you did, didn't you?
他沒有,但你撒謊了,是不是
He was sick,
他當時病了
he needed the drug,
他需要那藥
And you would've done anything for FDA approval.
你為了得到藥物管理局的批準不惜代價
Come on, Lisa, help us help him.
說吧,麗薩,幫我們幫他
You didn't see what he was like.
你沒看到他當時的樣子
He was... barely Quentin then.
他都,不像他自己了
And then he got better.
之后他有所好轉
And I've never seen anything like it.
我從沒見過那樣的事
I was the one to see it.
是我發現了那件事
See what, exactly?
到底發現了什么
6 months in, 1 person out of the 100
六個月的實驗,一百人里有一個
started showing signs of liver damage.
開始出現肝功衰竭
And that would jeopardize approval.
而這會危及到獲批的事
Yeah, and I couldn't take that chance,
沒錯,我不能冒這個險
so I took the person out of the study.
所以我把那人請出研究了
You never told Quentin?
你沒跟奎汀說過嗎
No, he would've waited, and we didn't have the time.
沒,說了他會再等下去的,可我們沒時間了
He didn't have the time.
他沒時間等了
And I love him.
而我愛他
So what else could I do?
我還能怎么做
Look, there is an upside to all of this.
這個真相倒有一點優勢
Upside?
什么優勢
To the fact that I unknowingly defrauded the FDA?
我在不知情的情況下,欺瞞了藥管局
Well, the key word is unknowingly.
關鍵就是你不知情
Lisa's an outside contractor.
麗薩是個外來的承包人
The company may be liable for actual damages,
公司對實際造成的傷害要負責
but we can shift the blame for the fraud to Lisa.
但我們可以把詐騙的罪名,轉嫁到麗薩身上
There'd be a small payment,
會賠點小錢
but you might be able to keep the drug on the market.
但或許能讓你的藥留在市場上
And throw Lisa under the bus?
就讓麗薩當炮灰了嗎
She was throwing you under the bus.
是她先陷你于不利境地的
She was trying to save my life.
她是想救我的命
Would there be criminal charges?
她會被刑事起訴嗎
Possibly. She should get her own lawyer.
有可能,她該自己請律師
It's a conflict for us.
我們之間利益有沖突
Look, our goal is to protect you.
我們的目標是保護你
Sh...I don't know.
我不確定
There is an alternative.
還有一個選擇
You can join Church's lawsuit.
你可以加入徹奇的訴訟
Jessica, we're lawyers for the company.
杰西卡,我們是這公司的律師
We can't advise him to do that.
我們不能建議他這么做
Harvey, this is his life. That's not the point.
哈維,這是他的人生,那不是重點
This is my case, my call.
這是我的案子,我說了算
Wait, wait, wait. What would that mean?
等等,那將意味著什么
Sainz pharmaceuticals would go down,
桑茲藥廠將倒閉
but you'd share in the settlement.
但你能分到調解費的一部分
You could open a new company,
你能再開個新公司
keep the drug alive under a different corporate umbrella.
用另一個公司的名義繼續賣你的藥
I'm not pretending I'm one of them.
我不會假裝跟他們一樣是受害者
You are one of them.
你就跟他們一樣
Look, I can't do that. It's not who I am.
我不能那么做,我不是那種人
Now isn't there another way?
還有沒有別的辦法
You are one of them.
你確實跟他們同病相憐
And they're one of you.
他們也跟你同病相憐
Mike, we got work to do, where are you?
邁克,我們有活要干,你在哪
Oh, I'm looking at you right now in conference room C.
我現在看到你在第三會議室里呢
I'm sorry, can you please excuse me?
抱歉,我要失陪一下
AA meeting? Here in the office?
在辦公室里開戒酒互助會嗎
Funny. No, it's my lawsuit.
真好笑,不是,是我的訴訟
Which suit is that? Against Johnny Karinski.
什么訴訟,跟強尼·卡里斯基打的那個
Between Frank's building
弗蘭克住的那棟樓
and the one Rachel and I are about to buy into.
還有我跟瑞秋打算租下的那棟
Oh, yeah. We're married.
對了,我們結婚了
It's a long story.
說來話長
Look, you said think bigger, right?
你說讓我大膽設想的,對嗎
I tracked down 15 former tenants
我找到了15個前住戶
who are willing to testify to all manner of harassment
他們都愿出庭作證,他們受到各種騷擾
that forced them out of their apartments.
逼的他們不得不離開公寓
You did this overnight?
你連夜找來的嗎
Yeah, I couldn't sleep anyway.
是啊,反正我也睡不著
Kept thinking I felt bedbugs.
總覺得有臭蟲
But I can get these people in front of a judge
如果我們把他們拉到法官面前
to tell their story, and there is no way
說出他們的故事,那個薇薇安·塔納卡
that Vivien Tanaka can spin this to save Karinski's ass.
也沒法扭轉乾坤,救下卡里斯基的
You should hear their stories.
你該聽聽他們的故事
It'd break your heart. Uh, if you had a heart.
很讓人傷心,如果你還有良心的話
Emotion is fine,
煽情是很好
but you better have some cold, hard facts to back it up.
但是你最好還有冷酷無情的鐵證做后盾
Because Vivien Tanaka is no pushover.
因為薇薇安·塔納卡不是吃素的
But...
但是
It's good work. Keep at it.
做得不錯,加油
I'm gonna go do what I gotta go do.
我要去忙我該忙的了
We need more.
我們需要更多證據
How're we gonna get more?
怎么才能得到更多的
Mike?
邁克
Is this the building we were in yesterday?
這是我們昨天去的大樓嗎
No rent, no apartment. That's my code.
不交房租就走人,是我的規矩
Yeah. Before and after.
對,前后照片對比
We need to go carpet shopping.
我們得去買塊地毯
I see you found my ad.
我想你看見廣告了
Trying to steal my thunder, Harvey?
這是在搶我的風頭啊,哈維
Business school 101,
商學院, 101條
you have a crisis, you acknowledge the problem.
遇到危機,要承認問題的存在
You wanna be Tylenol, not Toyota.
你們想要效仿的是泰諾藥業,而非豐田汽車(都發生過產品召回事件)
A little late for you to acknowledge this is a crisis.
你現在承認這是個危機,為時稍晚
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士們先生們
thank you very much for coming here today.
非常感謝各位今天能來
Quentin Sainz placed this ad
奎汀·桑茲刊登了這則廣告
because your lawsuit made it clear
因為你們的訴訟讓他清楚認識到
that his drug had side effects that he didn't know about.
他的藥物有他自己也不知道的副作用
We wanted to know how widespread this problem was.
我們想了解此次問題遍及的范圍有多廣
We had an outpouring of response.
我們之前收到了很多答復
Not from people struggling like yourselves,
但不是來自像你們這樣痛苦掙扎的患者
but from people desperate to keep the drug available.
而是來自那些渴望繼續服用此藥的患者
You think we're lying.
你們認為是我們說謊
You're here because you think this company
你們來這兒是因為你們認為公司
has been hiding things from you.
對你們有所隱瞞
And you're right. They have.
你們說的沒錯,他們確有隱情
But Quentin wants to come clean.
但是奎汀想要全盤托出
He wants to show you
他想要告訴你們
exactly what it is that he's been hiding.
他真正在隱瞞的是什么
I can't really open it. I can't hold anything.
我無法松開拳頭,也不能握住東西
And I don't know how much longer I can keep working.
我也不知道能堅持工作多久
It'll get better, it will.
會好起來的,會好的
You know it will.
你知道會的
I guess.
我想是吧
I bet my life on it.
我把自己的生命都堵上了
It's not fair you got A.L.S. in the first place.
本身患上肌萎縮性側索硬化癥就很不公平
And it's definitely not fair you had side effects
再因為服用我所發明的藥引發副作用
from the drug I created and I didn't.
而我自己吃了卻沒事,也絕對不公平
But now that I know they exist,
但是現在我知道副作用的存在
I wanna fix them.
我想要完善它
So that people like you...
這樣,像你們一樣的人
And maybe even you, can have what I have right now.
也許甚至于你們,都能像我現在一樣健康
But he can't.
但是他辦不到
He can't if he gives you what you're asking.
如果他滿足你們的索賠,他就辦不到了
We're not saying that you don't deserve compensation.
我們不是說你們不配得到賠償
Our commitment to you is this.
我們的承諾是這樣的
We are offering you partial ownership in his company.
我們將提供給各位,公司的部分所有權
A company that is trying to save lives.
一個正在試圖拯救生命的公司
Money isn't going to help you live longer.
錢不會延續你們的生命
Taking the deal, and letting Quentin
接受這條件吧,讓奎汀
try and fix the problem could.
努力去解決問題
Like it or not...
不管你們樂不樂意
You're all in the same boat.
你們都是一條船上的
Give Quentin the opportunity
給奎汀一次機會
to keep that boat from sinking.
保住這條船,別讓它沉了
They really took the offer.
他們真的接受了條件
Church didn't like it.
徹奇不喜歡這個結果
But they didn't like church.
但他們也不喜歡徹奇
They liked you,
他們喜歡你
and me.
和我
Who wouldn't?
誰不喜歡你呢
Your mother was never a fan.
你媽從來都不喜歡我
You wanna know the truth,
你想要聽真話嗎
my father wasn't much of a fan either.
我父親也不太喜歡
Now that is a lie and I know it.
這句就是謊話了,我知道
The real truth is,
真話是
they'd both take you over Lisa in a minute.
他們從一開始就認為你比麗薩要好
I'm sorry.
對不起
I'm sorry too.
對不起
From now on... back to no more lies.
從此以后,絕無謊言
Well, if we're gonna do that...
如果要這么說定的話
You remember that time that your jag got sideswiped
你記得那次你的捷豹停在門外
when it was parked outside the house?
被刮蹭的事嗎
Yeah.
記得
Yeah, it didn't exactly go down that way.
其實事實并非如此
I was mad.
當時我太生氣了
You were mad?
你生氣了
Oh, you brought a sack lunch. We would've shared.
你買的午飯太難吃了,我們本可以一起吃的
Amusing.
真好笑
As was this, your little lawsuit.
這也是,你的小訴訟案
Take your sack of presents and run, kid.
帶上你的垃圾禮物趕快逃吧,孩子
You're in way over your head.
你這是在自找麻煩
Oh, I think he'll be just fine.
我認為他會沒事的
Hello, Vivien. Hello.
你好啊,薇薇安, 你好
So the rookie called in the veteran.
菜鳥找來了行家
No, no, I'm just here to watch.
不,我就是來圍觀的
I love spectator sports.
我就喜歡有觀眾的比賽
You enjoy watching the Yankees destroy a little league team?
你喜歡觀戰洋基隊擊敗小小弱旅嗎(美國聯盟東區的棒球隊伍之一)
David and Goliath happens to be
大衛和巨人的故事恰好是
one of my favorite stories.
我的最愛之一
Okay, I'll bite. What's in the bag?
好吧,隨你的愿,包里是什么
What're you doing?
你在干什么
Oh, do you recognize this carpet?
你認出這張地毯了嗎
Make him get that out of here.
讓他把那玩意弄出去
This is your own carpet, Mr. Karinski.
這是您的地毯,卡里斯基先生
It's from Frank Carvello's apartment.
這是從弗蘭克·卡維羅的公寓里拿來的
Come on. Feel the fibers, the texture,
來,感受下這纖維,這紋理
it's almost alive.
就跟活的一樣
You brought bedbugs in here.
你把臭蟲都帶來了
That's vandalism, assault.
這是破壞公物,侵犯人身罪
You know, I'm happy that you put it that way,
我很高興你這么說
because that's what we're gonna be charging your client with.
因為那正是我們將要起訴你委托人的罪名
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
He didn't just fail to eradicate a bedbug infestation,
他不是沒能抵住臭蟲襲擊
he actually created one.
他是臭蟲制造者
Yeah, he pulled the carpet from one of his old buildings--
他從某幢舊樓中拽出一塊地毯
carpet that was already infested--
一塊已遍布臭蟲的地毯
and then he reinstalled it in my client's apartment
然后他將它重新放回我委托人的公寓
to drive him out.
迫使其離開
That's crazy.
太胡扯了
You might wanna warn your client about perjury.
你也許該提醒你的委托人別作偽證
We've got sworn testimony from the installer.
房屋的入住情況,可是宣過誓的
And a picture of the same carpet
還有一張他的舊樓翻新前
from one of his old buildings before it was renovated.
同樣的那塊地毯的照片
By the way, my wife and I really love
順便說一句,我太太和我真的很喜歡
what you've done with the place.
你改造后房屋的樣子
So it looks like we're talking about, what?
所以,我們要指控的罪名有
Assault, violations of rental codes,
侵犯人身罪,違反租賃法規
health codes,
衛生管理條例
and you know, just basic codes of human decency.
就是些維持得體生活的基本條例啊
And if a jury in New York heard all that,
如果紐約的陪審團聽到那些
wow, imagine the damages.
想想后果吧
Harvey... Spectate, please.
哈維,觀而不語
Just get that carpet out of here.
趕緊把那個毯子拿出去
So, Vivien...
那么,薇薇安
How am I doing for my first time?
我第一次做得怎么樣
This still counts as my first time, doesn't it?
這還算是我的第一次,對嗎
Now let's talk about how much this is going to cost you.
現在,我們不如談談你得賠多少錢吧
Yes?
干嗎
Just thought you'd like to know,
覺得你會想知道
your case, the pro bono... I won.
你的案件,無償服務的那個,我贏了
How exciting for you.
真為你高興
But like I said, it's just a pro bono case,
但正如我所說,這只是無償案件
it's not gonna help your career.
對你的職業生涯并無幫助
I did also manage to sign 15 new clients
我還簽下了15個新客戶
who are all suing for the same harassment,
都想為同樣的問題起訴
And they will be paying.
而他們都會付錢
So you can multiply this number...
所以你可以將這個數字
Times 15.
乘以15
That's not bad for rookie league.
對于菜鳥來說做得不錯了吧
Come on.
拜托
Tell me that wasn't worth missing your lunch hour for.
犧牲午餐時間值了吧
It makes me proud to be your wife.
做你老婆真是太讓我自豪了
Yeah, wait, what is that coming up?
等等,這話從何說起
Is that our third, or our fourth anniversary?
今天是我們三周年還是四周年結婚紀念嗎
It's our fifth. Doesn't it mean anything to you?
五周年,你不覺得很重要嗎
Yeah. In fact, I think that
當然覺得,實際上,我認為
we should have a date night to celebrate.
我們應該來個約會之夜以示慶祝
You're funny.
你真搞笑
I'm serious.
我是認真的
I can't date anyone from the office.
我不能和同事約會