The 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport,
2011款特斯拉敞篷運動跑車
offered only to our most exclusive members.
只為我們最為尊貴的會員提供
You know your vehicles.
你果真懂車
I promise to have her back before she turns into a Pontiac.
我保證在她淪落成龐蒂亞克前還回來
Hey, Harvey. Laurence.
嗨,哈維,勞倫斯
How would you feel about taking something other than the Tesla tonight?
除了特斯拉,你今晚挑輛別的車如何
It goes against my policy. What policy?
這有違我的原則,什么原則
My "I want the Tesla" policy.
"我要這輛特斯拉"原則
Yeah. Tell you what.
好吧,這樣吧
You know more about the car than I do,
如果你比我更了解這輛車
it's yours.
就歸你
Horsepower.
馬力
Really? That's where we're starting?
不是吧,第一問就是這個嗎
Well, if it's so simple, just answer it.
覺得簡單的話,就請回答
288.
288匹
Top speed. 125 miles an hour.
最高時速,每小時125英里(約200公里)
0 to 60—3.7 seconds.
從0加速到60邁... 3.7秒
Yeah. You know your cars.
看來你確實了解你的車
I'm an enthusiast.
我是個狂熱的車迷
And I've been waiting for the Tesla for months.
而且我等特斯拉上市好幾個月了
Okay.
好吧
Laurence.
勞倫斯
Knock yourself out.
自便吧
So why'd you let him have it?
你為什么要讓給他
Because it never hurts to have a man
因為讓一個運作20億對沖基金的人
who runs a $2 billion hedge fund owe you one.
欠我個人情總是有益無害的
But if you're just gonna give it to him,
但如果你都決定給他了
why bother to compete first?
何必還跟他比呢
Because if I didn't beat him,
因為若不是我贏了他
he wouldn't feel he owed me one.
他不會覺得欠我個人情
I'm suddenly feeling old school.
我突然想要倆復古的車了
Why don't you surprise me, huh?
你何不給我個驚喜
Are you Mike Ross?
你是邁克·羅斯嗎
Harvey told me to tell you that 8:00 means 8:00.
哈維讓我告訴你,八點整就是八點整(在賈維茨中心跟我會合)
Glad you showed up.
很高興你還是來了
Oh, hey. I'm sorry. I was just—
不好意思,我剛剛...
Shut up. OK.
閉嘴,好的
You see these cars?
你看到這些車了嗎
Yeah. They're awesome.
看到了,太拉風了
They suck.
爛透了
They're nothing compared to this.
跟這輛根本沒法比
The engine in this car is made by McKernon Motors,
這車的引擎是麥肯諾汽車公司制造的
the industry standard in Formula One.
是F1的行業標準
In fact, they've won more championships
事實上,靠這引擎拿的冠軍
than any other engine on the planet.
比其它任何引擎都多
How do you know all this?
你是怎么知道這些的
Avery McKernon was the first client
艾弗里·麥肯諾曾經是
I ever brought into the firm.
我帶進律所的第一位客戶
Was? He died three months ago.
曾經,他三個月前去世了
Oh, God. I'm so sorry—
天吶,我很抱歉...
Not the point.
這不是重點
McKernon's engines and his company
麥肯諾的引擎和他的公司
have something in common—
有一個共同之處
They win, like me.
他們總是贏家,就像我
And because I win, I've been promoted to senior partner,
正因如此,我晉升為資深合伙人了
which means you'll be handling all their paperwork.
這意味著你將處理他們所有的文件
Oh, so you brought me here
所以你帶我來
to give me an appreciation for the product.
就是讓我欣賞下產品
No, I brought you here to meet Robert Stensland,
不,我是帶你來見羅伯特·斯坦斯蘭
the new CEO.
新任CEO
He'll want to put your name with a face.
他希望把你的名字和長相對上號
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Because Robert's a tightwad,
因為羅伯特是個吝嗇鬼
and we don't bill you out for nothing.
不是雇你來吃白飯的
Wait a minute. Is this conversation right now billable?
等下,我們現在聊天也計費嗎
You bet your ass it is.
當然得計費
Yes. Up top. Come on.
耶,擊掌慶祝下,快點
What? We're making all this money. We can't celebrate it?
怎么,賺那么多錢,不該慶祝下嗎
Not in poor taste.
慶祝也得有品位
Dominic. Mike, I'd like you to meet Dominic Barone,
多米尼克,邁克,這位是多米尼克·巴倫
the man responsible for the design and production of this engine.
他負責這個引擎的設計和制造
This is my new associate, Mike Ross.
這是我的新助理,邁克·羅斯
He's just a kid.
他還是個孩子呢
Are you trying to steal his soul before he hits puberty?
你想在他青春期前就糟蹋他嗎
Okay, obviously...
好吧,顯然...
You're still upset about our labor negotiations.
你還在為我們的勞資談判郁悶啊
My-My workers took a big hit.
我的員工遭到嚴重打擊
And McKernon took a bigger one.
麥肯諾還丟了性命呢
Both of which poised the company to be strong for years.
這些年來,他們撐起了這個強大的公司
I was always straight with you about that.
這點我從不懷疑
Sophisticated words for a guy who screwed us.
一個搞垮我們的人,還說得出這種話
Look, I'm sorry you feel that way,
很抱歉你會那么想
but you have to admit,
但你不得不承認
I did have the courtesy to do it from the front.
我那事做得光明磊落
Wow. Yeah, he really appreciates
哇,真的,他很感激
what you've done for the company.
你為公司所做的一切
Robert Stensland,
羅伯特·斯坦斯蘭
I'd like you to meet your new associate, Mike Ross.
給你介紹下你新的助理律師,邁克·羅斯
We're not paying him what we pay you.
我們付他的報酬可沒付你的那么高
Nor should you, but I assure you he's highly effective.
那是自然,但我保證他很有效率
Well, I'll believe it when I see it.
是嗎,口說無憑啊
I had him read your corporate lease last week.
我上周讓他讀了你們的公司租賃合同
Ask him anything.
盡管問
That's a 300-page document.
那可是300頁的文件
Okay, what are the terms?
好,說一下合同條款的內容
Okay, I have no idea what you're talking about.
聽著,我完全摸不著頭腦
The named lessee was the parent company, Glendon Enterprises.
承租人是母公司,格蘭登企業集團
35,000 square feet
企業位于西19區57號
at 19 west 57th.
3萬5千平方英尺(991平方米)
$80 a foot.
每英尺80美元
Expires in six months with an option to extend.
六個月后到期,可以續租
Exercisable in 30 days.
操作期限為30天
Who signed the lease? You did.
誰簽的合同,你簽的
What's my middle name? The letter "L."
我的中名是什么,字母L
What happens in the event the company no longer exists?
如果公司不存在了怎么辦
That wasn't in the lease.
合同里沒有這條
How can you be sure?
你如何能確定
Because the lease I read wasn't 300 pages.
因為我看到的合同不是300頁
It was 364.
而是364頁
And I can tell you what's on any one of those pages,
每一頁的內容我都了如指掌
but I can't tell you that.
而那點我卻不知道
That's how I can be sure.
所以我能確定合同中沒提到
Excellent.
很好
You can get him started on the new deal right away.
你可以讓他馬上著手處理新合同了
New deal? Yeah.
新合同,沒錯
I have found a buyer willing to spend $200 million
我找到一個買家,愿意出兩億美金
for the ground underneath the flagship factory.
買下旗艦工廠所在的地方
Where are you moving manufacturing?
那你們準備轉移到哪里生產
Well, that's the beauty of it.
這可就是重點了
The real asset of McKernon Motors is the name.
麥肯諾真正的價值在于其品牌
We move overseas, we save ourselves a bundle.
我們將把工廠移到海外,省下一大筆錢
Up front payout while retaining the name
保留品牌的同時進行預先付款
and maintaining cash flow over time.
長期維持現金的流動
That's genius. Exactly.
這點子太有才了,正是
All right, we'll take care of everything.
好的,我們會處理好一切的
Okay.
很好
Thanks.
謝了
Really?
不是吧
Jesus. I knew he was cheap.
天吶,我知道他很摳門
I didn't realize he was an idiot.
但沒想到他還是個白癡
What are you talking about?
你這話什么意思
The asset's not the name. It's the quality.
這車的價值不在于品牌,而是質量
He moves overseas,
他把工廠移到海外
it's gonna kill the goose that laid the goddamn golden engine.
根本就是殺雞取卵
Wait a minute.
等下
I thought you didn't get emotionally attached to the client.
我記得你從不會對客戶投入感情的
I'm emotionally attached to me.
我這是對自己投入感情
Look, I made a bet that this company would grow
我以前打賭這家公司會壯大
and my billables would grow with it.
我的價位也會水漲船高
We're holding a pair of aces,
我們現在拿著一手好牌
and this asshole's trying to fold.
而這蠢蛋居然打算棄牌
So? What are you gonna do?
所以呢,你打算怎么辦
I'm not gonna do anything.
我什么都不干
You're gonna go through those bylaws,
而你要去通讀公司章程
and you're gonna find me a way to get rid of Robert Stensland.
給我找出擺脫羅伯特·斯坦斯蘭的方法
No, no, no, no. I have to go see my grandmother.
不不不,我得去探望我奶奶
Is she dying?
她要不行了嗎
No. Cancel on her.
沒有,那取消行程
Yeah.
是我
Did you find anything that'll help me get rid of Stensland?
找到擺脫斯坦斯蘭的方法了嗎
Uh, yeah, I think so.
我找到了
Well, if you're not here when I need it,
你找到了不告訴我
what good does that do me?
又有什么用
What? It's 7:15...
什么,不是才7點15...
Did you get it?
拿來了嗎
Picked it up yesterday.
昨天取的
Did you sleep with it under your pillow?
你把它放枕頭底下枕著睡覺了嗎
How I sleep is none of your concern.
我怎么睡覺跟你無關
Yeah, neither is the Yankees' batting order,
洋基隊擊球員的上場順序也跟我無關
but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.
但并不代表我不能惦記
Harvey. Promise me you won't be cocky.
哈維,答應我別太得瑟
I understand what's at stake here.
我明白成敗在此一舉
I'll be perfectly humble.
我一定會相當謙虛
Great. You ready?
很好,你準備好了嗎
You kidding? I was born for this.
別說笑了,我勢在必得
7:45. Nice of you to show up. 7點45
不容易啊,你居然趕來了
Uh, yeah, I was up till 5:00 in the morning.
我早上五點才睡的
I'm kidding. But Louis Litt wants to see you,
我開玩笑的,路易·利特要見你
and I don't kid about that.
這句可不是玩笑
What does he want? I don't know.
他又想要干什么,我不知道
Louis doesn't let me in on his game plan,
路易的棋盤上可沒有我這個子兒
but I kind of prefer it that way.
但這樣正合我意
Okay, um, can you tell him that I have to see Harvey first?
你能告訴他我要先去見哈維嗎
Your call.
隨你
But, uh, if you're gonna be sleeping in your suits,
還有,要是你常穿西裝睡覺的話
you may want to keep a fresh one in the office.
你最好在辦公室里放一件備用的
Is it that bad?
看起來有那么糟糕嗎
It's worse.
何止糟糕
Come on.
快醒醒
I'd just like to say this is an honor,
我只想說,這對我來說十分榮幸
I take it seriously,
我對此很看重
and I intend to make you all proud.
我會力爭讓你們感到驕傲
Except you, Fred.
除了你,弗雷德
I gave up on making you proud in '99.
99年起我就沒妄想著能讓你驕傲
Okay. There is one more order of business.
好了,還有最后一項程序
He's not here.
他不在里面
No.
沒門
Where is he?
他去哪兒了
He's at his senior partner initiation.
他正在參加資深合伙人的入伙會議
But let me ask you something.
我問個問題
What's the difference between a senior partner
資深合伙人和其他普通合伙人
and...other partners?
到底有什么區別
Isn't that something you should have been studying
你假扮哈佛畢業生的時候
when you were pretending to go to Harvard?
不就應該弄明白這些了嗎
Okay. Senior partners, they buy into the firm.
是這樣,資深合伙人通過入股加入律所
They share in the profits,
他們有利潤分成
but they also have to put up equity.
但同時需要入股
So how much does it cost to buy in?
那入股要花多少錢
$1/2 million... Right now?
五十萬,現在就要嗎
Harvey, you knew what the buy-in was.
哈維,你應該清楚入股是什么意思
You knew today was initiation.
你也知道今天是你入伙的日子
How could you not have the money?
你怎么能不把錢準備好
I didn't think it was due today.
我不知道今天就要交錢
It's not due today, is it?
不是今天截止,對吧
No. It's not.
對,不是
Every man in this room fell for exactly the same thing.
這屋子里的每個人都中過這圈套
Does that include you?
包括你在內嗎
No. No, it doesn't.
當然不包括
Thank you, gentlemen.
散會吧,先生們
Peanuts, gluten, strawberries.
花生,谷蛋白,草莓
What is this? A shopping list?
這是什么,購物單嗎
No, it's just a list of foods that I'm allergic to,
不是,這是所有我過敏的東西
so when you select the venue,
當你挑選餐館的時候
these foods are not to be on the menu.
注意菜單上不要有這些食物
A venue for what?
選餐館干什么
No one told you?
沒人告訴你嗎
No one told me. Oh, drats.
沒人說過,糟糕
Well, a long-standing Pearson Hardman tradition
這可是皮爾遜·哈德曼律所的悠久傳統
is the rookie dinner,
名叫菜鳥晚宴
which means you, the...
也就是指你這個...
Rookie. That's right.
菜鳥,沒錯
Are to host a dinner for your fellow associates.
你得請其他同事吃頓晚飯
Well, come on. Don't look so blue.
沒事,別垂頭喪氣
Oh, it's okay. It's really easy.
這事其實真的挺簡單
All you have to do is just find a unique location
不過就是挑個別具一格的地方
and then coordinate with 50 other associates.
然后協調一下其他五十個人的時間
It's really simple. No pressure.
小菜一碟,毫無壓力
And you're allergic to chicken?
你對雞肉也過敏嗎
No, I just don't like it.
不,我只是不喜歡吃
Oh, by the way, what was so important
對了,到底是多大的事
that you had to see Harvey before you came to see me?
你必須在見我之前先見哈維
Louis, Harvey doesn't really—
路易,哈維其實...
Can we-Can we-Can we-Can we just-Shut up.
我們能否,能不能就... 閉嘴
Okay.
好吧
Let me just get something straight, okay?
我這樣跟你說吧
When I ask you a question,
當我問你問題時
I just expect an answer.
我只要聽一個答案
McKernon Motors.
麥肯諾汽車公司
I was working on the due diligence.
我在做對他們進行盡職調查
And why would that require you to look at the bylaws?
那為何要看公司章程呢
State law requires a summary be prepared in the event of a sale.
州法律要求土地買賣要準備章程摘要
Privately held corporations are exempted.
私人公司并不包括在內
Not if the sale exceeds 150 million.
除非買賣金額高于一億五千萬
According to who?
你的依據是
The state's website.
州政府官網
I like to be thorough.
我做事講求縝密
Well, put it there, buddy.
做得不錯,伙計
Are you fricking serious?
你沒搞錯吧
I understand Stensland is throwing a large amount
我聽說由于麥肯諾汽車公司的土地買賣
of legal work our way with the McKernon Motors factory sale.
斯坦斯蘭給了我們不少活干啊
How'd you know that?
你怎么知道的
I hear things.
我自有眼線
You taking care of him?
是你在幫他處理嗎
I am.
當然
By the way, for when it is due.
對了,截止前替我交了
What's this?
這是什么
It's a cashier's check for $500,000.
50萬美金的現金支票
You had this the whole time.
你時刻準備著嗎
I've had the money since I set my sights
從我盯上資深合伙人那位置起
on senior partner.
我就準備好了
Nice of you to finally make it.
不容易啊,你終于來了
Why does everybody keep saying that?
為什么每個人都這么說
Because you're supposed to be here
因為要你做事的時候
when you're supposed to be here.
你就該隨叫隨到
Doesn't seem to apply to you.
看來你并沒有以身作則啊
I'm not the topic of this conversation.
這只針對你,和我無關
Now what'd you find me on McKernon Motors?
關于麥肯諾汽車公司,你都找到了些什么
The board can't vote for at least 24 hours after the CEO
在CEO提出土地買賣方案24小時之后
presents a deal involving the sale of company land.
董事會才能進行投票表決
But Stensland already presented it to the board.
斯坦斯蘭已經把方案提交給董事會了
Right, but Stensland isn't CEO.
我知道,但是斯坦斯蘭還不是CEO
I wrote those bylaws myself. He's CEO.
公司章程是我寫的,他就是CEO
Hmm. Page 238, clause 137
238頁第137條指出
states if the CEO dies,
如果現任CEO去世
an interim CEO will be appointed
在董事會投票決定前
until the board convenes an election vote,
任何人都只是臨時CEO
which can't be called till the next fiscal quarter,
但投票最早也得等到下個財政季度進行
in this case next Thursday.
也就是下周四
So they can't vote him in until Thursday?
那在周四前他當不上CEO咯
Thursday.
沒錯,周四
Okay.
很好
Well, prepare the due diligence
準備好盡職調查
for me to take to Stensland,
我要交給斯坦斯蘭
but I don't want anything ready to sign.
但不要準備簽署任何文件
Where are you going? Out.
你要去哪,出去
I have until Thursday to find a new CEO.
周四之前我要找到一位CEO
Huh. What?
是嗎,怎么
Oh, nothing. Uh, you know, just six hours,
沒什么,只是我花了六個小時
1,500 pages, and I, uh,
看了1500頁,然后...
I found your mistake.
找到了你犯的一個錯誤
Yeah, you found the one mistake I made
你找到的這個錯誤
while drafting those bylaws a dozen years ago
是我十多年前起草這份章程時犯的
when I was two years younger than you.
我那會兒還比你小兩歲
A mistake, by the way,
也正是這個錯誤
that's gonna help me get rid of Stensland.
能讓我擺脫斯坦斯蘭
Mistake.
錯誤就是錯誤
Excuse me, Mr. Specter?
打擾一下,斯佩克特先生
I was wondering if you might need a hand sometime
我想問問,您手上有沒有雜活
with one of your matters.
需要我幫忙的
Uh, any one.
隨便什么活
Well, Allen—
亞倫是吧
It's Aaron.
我叫艾倫
I think that says it all, don't you?
我想我已經回答你了吧
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Uh, I'm looking for a restaurant.
我在找餐館
Where did you go for your rookie dinner?
你是在哪兒辦的菜鳥晚宴
I came into the league a sophomore.
我大學二年級就進公司了
You better not be prioritizing that
你最好別為這個
over McKernon Motors.
耽誤了麥肯諾汽車公司的案子
I still need something to stall Stensland.
我還需要點事由來穩住斯坦斯蘭
It's right here.
全在里面了
What are you so irritated about?
你在煩什么呢
I spent a day with a top headhunter I know
我和一個頂級獵頭想了一整天
who couldn't produce one legitimate CEO candidate by Thursday.
也沒找到個周四就能上任的CEO
What about that Dominic Barone guy
多米尼克·巴倫怎么樣
who runs production?
負責生產的那人
You said he was responsible for the engines,
你說過引擎就是他的杰作
and he clearly cares about the workers.
而且他看起來很為員工著想
No, he's not the guy.
不,他不行
Oh, you're scared you can't convince him
你是怕你說服不了他
because he hates you. I get it.
因為他討厭你,我懂了
Nice try.
激將對我沒用
You know you can't host your dinner there.
你定那家餐館可不行
That's a Wachtell, Lipton, Klein restaurant.
檔次太高
Okay. Fine.
好吧
What about this place?
那這家怎么樣
Yeah, that'd be great if it was 2004.
2004年的時候還不錯
Oh, my God.
老天
Why does any of this matter? God.
吃個飯有那么要緊嗎
You see that guy over there by the fax?
你看到傳真機旁的那家伙嗎
Take a good look.
睜大眼睛看
He's never gonna make partner.
他永遠都成不了這里的合伙人
Okay. Let me guess.
好吧,讓我猜一下
Because he threw a lousy rookie dinner?
因為他菜鳥晚宴辦得太糟嗎
No, because he doesn't get it.
不,因為他根本不懂
Get what?
不懂什么
He doesn't get that doing good work
他不懂把手頭的任務做好
isn't the whole job.
并非工作的全部
Part of getting it
聰明人明白
is that things like the dinner actually matter,
其實這種晚宴至關重要
even when you don't think they do.
即使你覺得這毫無意義
Look, you were giving me shit this morning
聽著,你今天早上對我很不爽
because I come and go when I want to.
認為我想來就來,想走就走
You know why I can do that?
知道為什么我能這樣嗎
Because when I got here, I dominated.
因為我剛來的時候,我搶著做事
They thought I worked 100 hours a day.
他們感覺我一天工作100個小時
Now, no matter what time I get in,
所以現在,無論我什么時候踏進公司
nobody questions my ability to get the job done.
沒有人會質疑我的能力
Get it through your head.
你好好想想吧
First impressions last.
第一印象決定一切
You start behind the eight ball,
一開始就落在后面
you'll never get in front.
以后永遠別想翻身了
Hey, you busy? It's 7:00.
你忙嗎,現在是7點
I'm not here 'cause I like the view.
我這么早坐在這里難道是看風景嗎
And don't misunderstand me.
別誤解我的話
When I say "the view," I'm referring to your face.
我所說的"風景" ,其實是指你的臉
That's funny, because I'm hideous.
這話真幽默,要知道我很丑
What's up? You're a foodie, right?
什么事,你是個美食家吧
Why do you say that?
為什么這么說
Because you're the only person
因為在我認識的人中
I've ever seen order a shrimp, red pepper,
只有你會點對蝦和山羊奶酪披薩
and goat cheese pizza.
外加紅椒
Well, right, but without the pepper,
沒錯,但是不放紅椒的話
what connects the goat cheese and the shrimp?
山羊奶酪配蝦又怎能對味呢
I'm a foodie.
我的確是美食家
Okay, so I need your help finding a restaurant
所以我想讓你幫我找一家餐廳
for the rookie dinner.
辦菜鳥晚宴
Well, that's unfortunate,
那就抱歉了
but I'm swamped,
我忙得要死
and I don't have time to teach you about cuisine.
哪有時間教你美食攻略
Well, no, don't make me remind you
你難道忘了
that you owe me one.
你欠我個人情嗎
How's that?
什么時候的事
You told Louis I was working on Harvey's case before his.
你告訴了路易,我得先幫哈維做事
Because you told me to.
因為你讓我說的啊
Well, now I'm telling you to help me with my dinner.
我現在讓你幫我搞定晚宴
Good luck with that.
祝你好運
Not gonna help me with my dinner.
看來她是不會幫我了
Now I'm talking to myself.
她走了,我在自言自語
Yeah, grammy.
好的,奶奶
No, I told you I was coming.
不,我說了我會來的
I'm-I'm on my way, okay? Yeah.
我在...我在路上了,好嗎
15 minutes.
15分鐘后到
Okay. Bye. Hey, what are you—
好的,再見,你來干...
Okay, what was that for?
好吧,我做錯什么了
If you cared about me,
如果你在乎我的話
you would have told me what Trevor was up to
你早就該告訴我特雷弗這么長時間
a long time ago.
都在干那勾當
I was trying to protect you.
我是想要保護你
How is hiding the fact
我男友在販毒
that my boyfriend is selling weed protecting me?
我卻被蒙在鼓里,這叫保護我嗎
You want to know the truth?
你想知道真相嗎
Your boyfriend also happens to be my best friend, all right?
你男友也是我最好的朋友
I didn't feel like ratting him out.
我不想出賣他
If you were really his friend,
如果你真是他朋友
you wouldn't just stand by and let him throw his life away.
你不會眼睜睜地讓他糟蹋自己的生活
Let him? Let—
是我讓他...
I've never let Trevor do anything.
我從來左右不了特雷弗的想法
Have you met him?
你剛認識他嗎
Trevor listens to you,
特雷弗會聽你的話
and he needs you right now.
他現在正需要你
He is throwing his life away,
他在糟蹋自己的生活
and you ditched us.
而你卻拋棄了他
Both.
和我
Like we didn't mean anything to you.
好像我們對你來說只是路人甲
I'm...I'm late.
我...我要遲到了
Louis. What are you doing here?
路易,你來這干嘛
Hi. Uh, Stensland called.
斯坦斯蘭打電話讓我來的
And apparently the diligence wasn't proceeding apace.
很顯然,盡職調查的進展不夠迅速
He called you?
他打電話讓你來的嗎
Yeah, he called me, I called him, what's the difference?
是啊,他打給我,我打給他,有什么區別
The paperwork was taking too long,
文件起草的時間拖得太長
and I got it done.
我搞定了
I suggest you stay the hell away from my client.
我建議你離我客戶越遠越好
Harvey. Glad you could make it.
哈維,很高興你來了
We were about to sign the papers.
我們正好要簽文件
I got word back at the office.
我在辦公室聽說了
I just came to see how Louis
特地過來看看路易
was getting around the bylaws.
怎么解決公司章程的問題
I...don't know.
我...不知道
I'm at somewhat of a loss.
我也糊涂了
Robert, I'm sorry.
羅伯特,我很抱歉
This is what was holding up your due diligence.
這就是盡職調查拖延的原因
Technically, you're still interim CEO until the board
嚴格來說,在周四董事會投票正式任命你之前
votes you in on Thursday.
你還只是臨時CEO
If protocol isn't followed,
如果你違反章程的話
it leaves you with huge litigation exposure.
會給別人對你提起訴訟留下把柄
That's right.
沒錯
Well, I imagine we should hold off, then.
那我們還是再等一等吧
Please don't blame Louis. It's my fault.
別怪路易,這都是我的錯
We usually have senior partners oversee transactions like this
通常資深合伙人都會監督這類問題
because junior partners, they tend to miss things.
要知道初級合伙人容易忽視細節
See you Thursday?
那周四見了
One second.
稍等片刻
Uh, just so you know,
你該沒忘吧
you were a junior partner until recently.
你不久前也只是個初級合伙人
There's a reason I'm not anymore.
而我晉升是有原因的
Okay. Take it easy.
好的,慢走
So what if you took a trip to Russia with another man?
如果你和別的男人去俄羅斯會怎樣
I mean, that was before you met grandpa Jimmy, right?
我記得那是在認識吉米爺爺之前吧
He didn't care it was before I met him.
他才不管那是不是認識他之前的事
Never shut up about it.
總嘮叨個沒完
So what was this other guy's name?
那個男人叫什么名字
Gregory. Mind your own business.
格雷戈里,別管閑事了
So, Michael, this has been fun.
好了,邁克,我們玩得很高興
Now why don't you stop beating around the bush
現在你可以別再拐彎抹角了
and tell me what's going on.
告訴我發生什么事了
Trevor.
特雷弗
It's Trevor. It's always Trevor.
是因為特雷弗,總是因為他
He's gotten himself into some really bad...
他最近陷入了非常糟糕的...
Stuff, and I think he needs my help to get out of it,
境況,他需要我幫他渡過難關
but I've been under so much pressure,
但是我最近壓力很大
and I know you've always told me to be there for people...
你也經常告訴我要為朋友兩肋插刀
No, no, listen to me.
不,不,聽我說
Screw Trevor. What?
去他的特雷弗,什么
You're moving forward,
你已經向前看了
and he'll do whatever he can to keep you where you are.
而他會想盡辦法,把你拖回原地
Yeah, but...
沒錯,但是...
But no buts.
沒有"但是"
That kid is an anchor.
那孩子只會托你后腿
You need to cut him loose.
你得和他撇清關系
You owe me 50 bucks.
你欠我50元了
What's going on with Robert Stensland?
羅伯特·斯坦斯蘭那邊什么情況
What did Louis tell you?
路易和你說了什么
You're not dealing with Louis. You're dealing with me.
你現在面對的不是路易,而是我
What are you hiding?
你隱瞞了什么
Nothing. I looked through the bylaws
沒有啊,我只是看了遍公司章程
and precluded potential litigation.
排除了潛在的法律爭端
You looked at the bylaws for a tactical reason,
你看公司章程肯定有自己的目的
and I want to know what it is.
我要知道是什么目的
I want him out.
我想讓他滾蛋
That is not your call. You are an attorney.
這由不得你,你只是個律師
This is the internal business of McKernon Motors.
而這是麥肯諾汽車公司的內部事務
Look, McKernon had a plan,
聽著,我花了十年時間
and I didn't spend a decade shaping it
來描繪麥肯諾的宏圖
to let this fool throw it away.
絕不會讓這白癡給毀了
McKernon is dead.
麥肯諾已經名存實亡了
So what? Doesn't mean the plan's no good.
那又怎樣,并不代表計劃不好啊
You fail, we'll get fired.
如果你失敗了,我們就會被炒
He moves overseas,
他要是搬到海外
our billables'll be gone in five years, anyway.
五年后我們就沒錢賺了
Better five years than nothing.
那也比現在就被炒要強啊
You know what? That's Stensland's attitude,
知道嗎,依照斯坦斯蘭的現在態度
and it's a losing one.
他注定會失敗
Harvey, I don't think you have any business
哈維,我覺得你沒義務
telling that man how to run his company,
告訴他該如何管理公司
but I know you don't have any business
而且你也無權
telling me how to run mine.
干涉我對公司的管理
You are a senior partner.
你是一位資深合伙人
You are not a gunslinger anymore.
而不再是一個槍手了
Back off Stensland and close the deal.
別管斯坦斯蘭的事了,達成協議
I need you to prepare the draft CEO candidate speech for Thursday.
我要你起草周四CEO候選人的演講稿
Well, I thought you were supposed to back off.
我覺得這件事你應該撒手了
Yeah, I'm supposed to do a lot of things.
我應該做的事情多了
I'll call you with the plan on my way back.
等我回來的路上再打電話告訴你計劃
From where?
你要去哪
From convincing the man who hates me to do what I say.
去說服那個討厭我的人按我的計劃行事
Oh, right.
這樣啊
You mean the guy I suggested you go to in the first place.
就是我一開始讓你去找的那個人吧
Do you remember that
你還記得
whole getting it thing I was talking to you about?
我跟你提過的潛規則嗎
What, I can't even gloat?
什么,幸災樂禍都不行嗎
Gloating's fine. You just have to not suck at it.
可以,不過你幸災樂禍的水平太差了
Okay. Thank you. So much.
好吧,謝了,非常感謝
That hurt.
下手好重
Hey, Ross.
羅斯,你來啦
You left your search for the rookie dinner on your computer.
你電腦上關于菜鳥聚餐的搜索頁面還沒關呢
Why don't you just save time
不如省點時間
and take us to Friday's?
帶我們去星期五餐廳吧
Ooh, ooh, somebody's mad.
瞧瞧,某人生氣了
Devon, looking at my computer is a violation of
德文,偷看我的電腦上的內容
exactly seven hostile workplace environment statutes.
違反了七條破壞職場氛圍的法則
What are you gonna do? Sue me?
你想干什么,起訴我嗎
No. No, no, no.
不,不會的
I'm just gonna use it as legal cover
如果我要教訓你
if I decide to kick your ass.
我可以把這當作法律保護
Dominic.
多米尼克
Harvey, what are you doing here?
哈維,你怎么來了
Our contract's good for two more years.
我們的合同還有兩年才到期呢
I need a word. In private.
我想跟你單獨談幾句
Excuse me, Bill.
失陪了,比爾
Make it fast, 'cause this is a place
有話快說,這里的員工
where people actually work for a living.
都是為了維持生計在工作
Well, keep in mind people are watching.
別忘了有人看著呢
Just try to keep your expression neutral.
所以你的言辭最好中立一點
You know, they don't teach deceptive tactics where I come from.
我以前可沒學過口是心非
Then you're gonna learn under fire.
到了生死關頭,你就學會了
Stensland's shutting you down.
斯坦斯蘭要把這里關掉
What? Why?
什么,為什么
For money.
為了錢
He's got a buyer for the land under the factory.
有人想買工廠這塊地
Why are you coming to me?
那你為什么來找我
Because the only way to stop him
因為只有你來做CEO
is for you to challenge him as CEO.
才能阻止他賣地
What? Are you crazy?
什么,你瘋了嗎
You've got a management title.
你是管理層的
That I choose not to identify with.
我可不想加入管理層
You run the factory.
你是工廠的負責人
Which I never left, 'cause I have no taste for boardroom politics.
僅此而已,我對高層的政治事務不感興趣
You've been here since day one.
你是這里的元老
You know the product inside out.
對產品了如指掌
These workers, they respect you.
這群工人對你推崇備至
Pew, that's a lot of smoke.
好大的煙
How many people did you go to before me?
我是你找的第幾個備胎
Seven. Right.
第七個,我就知道
I never said you were my prom queen.
我從沒說過你是我的第一選擇
Look, I want to win, okay?
我想贏,好嗎
I went to those other people
我去找那些人
because they were better suited to get past the board,
是因為他們有更強的政治手段
not better suited for the job.
卻沒有你適合這份工作
Those are the facts whether you like it or not.
不管你是否愿意,這都是事實
And why should I trust you?
我為什么要相信你
Because if you don't, there aren't any jobs left to negotiate over.
因為如果你一意孤行,就沒有工作可選了
You and the factory, you're finished.
你和工廠都會完蛋的(發自哈維·斯佩克特,我們快回來了,在會議室等我)
What are you working on?
你在忙什么
Um, nothing. Just some stuff for Harvey. Why?
沒什么,就是哈維交代的事情,有事嗎
Wrap it up. Louis Litt wants to see you.
快搞定,路易·利特想見你
This time he doesn't want to wait.
這次他可不想等你(不是路易·利特找你,晚上八點在哥倫布大街等我,別遲到)
Furthermore,
另外
I feel that with the proper
我覺得隨著適當的
strategic and synergistic alliances moving forward—
戰略性合作聯盟的建立
I have to actually believe what you're saying.
你得讓我相信你說的話
They're just platitudes that don't mean anything.
這都是些毫無意義的陳詞濫調
Yes, they do.
有意義啊
Synergistic alliances mean you form relationships
合作聯盟的建立可以削減成本
to get the cost down and your product out.
并把產品推銷出去
It's never gonna work.
沒用的
Well, it better goddamn work. My ass is on the line.
必須有用,不然我就吃不了兜著走了
What about my ass?
那我呢
If it wasn't attached to your thick head,
要不是因為你的木瓜腦袋
maybe we wouldn't be having this problem.
也許就不會出現這種問題了
I'm sorry I'm not as well practiced
抱歉我并不擅長
at corporate double speak as you'd like,
像你一樣妙語連珠
but I've been busting my ass on this for two hours.
但這兩小時我已經使出九牛二虎之力了
So if you're not happy with my progress,
如果你對我的進展不滿意
then why don't you get the hell out?
為什么不干脆滾出去
He doesn't leave without getting it.
他沒學會就不準離開
Son of a bitch.
狗娘養的
You're not gonna pick it up?
你不去撿起來嗎
Why should I? Never gonna get it.
為什么要撿,反正都學不會
You're right.
說得太對了
Hey, can I ask you something?
我能問你點事嗎
What's your engine design philosophy?
你的引擎設計理念是什么
Perfectly balanced power and durability.
讓動力和持久性達到完美的平衡
Okay. Why don't you favor power like Bronson does?
為什么不像布倫森一樣偏重于動力呢
Because drivers are limited to eight engines a season,
因為車手一個賽季只能用八個引擎
and Bronson's don't last.
布倫森的不夠耐用
Well, so you would stack your engines
所以你會拿你的引擎
up against Bronson's, then?
同布倫森的相比
Uh, I have stacked my engines up against Bronson
我拿我的引擎和布倫森
and everyone else's in the world,
以及世界所有的引擎比過
and mine win. Why?
我的引擎完勝,為什么
Because I make sure
因為我確保
they're designed better than anyone else's in the world
它們從構思到成品
from the day that they're conceived to the day they're born.
都是全世界設計得最好的
And that's why people buy them.
所以人們才會購買
Goddamn right.
太對了
And that's the speech you're gonna give.
那這就是你的演講內容
Good lawyer, bad lawyer, baby.
律師界的無間道
Worked like a charm.
屢試不爽
Come on. You know you want it.
來吧,你都忍不住了
There it is. Told you.
這就對了,跟你說過
Someone doesn't like you,
有些人不喜歡你
you use it against them.
你就利用這點對付他們
Or, in this case, for them.
或者像這次一樣,為他們好
I didn't do this for Dominic.
我不是為多米尼克好
I did it to get rid of Stensland.
我是為了除掉斯坦斯蘭
Wow. Have you ever considered writing for Hallmark?
天哪,你想過去做賀曼的編劇嗎
Many times. Yeah.
想過很多次,好吧
Congrats.
恭喜
Looking good.
看起來不錯
I said don't be late.
我說過別遲到
Late? I'm not late.
遲到,我沒遲到啊
When you host your dinner here,
要想在這里請客吃飯
not being late means getting here a half hour early.
別遲到的意思就是提前半個小時到
Aha. So what made you change your mind?
原來如此,你怎么改變主意了
The food items are samples to help you select your menu,
這些食品是供你選擇菜品的樣品
so since I could never really afford to eat here myself...
所以,既然我一個人吃不起這種地方...
Okay, start there.
好了,從那個開始
Try that? Yes.
嘗嘗這個嗎,是的
It looks kind of funny. So does an egg roll.
看起來有點怪,蛋卷也很怪啊
I don't accept that premise.
我可沒法把它當成蛋卷
You want my help or not?
你還想不想讓我幫忙
Ugh. What is that?
這是什么啊
Squid.
魷魚
I-I think it's still moving.
我覺得它還在動呢
That's what I'm talking about.
這才是食物呢
I don't get it.
真弄不明白
How do you have no appreciation for fine food?
你怎么就不喜歡精致的食物呢
Mm. We didn't have a lot of money growing up. I don't know.
我們小時候家里不寬裕,我也說不清
I guess I'm just comfortable with what I'm comfortable with.
我想我就是喜歡我習慣了的東西吧
That is the exact opposite of me.
這跟我正相反
I've-I've always loved new experiences.
我一直都喜歡新鮮的體驗
And your parents?
你家境如何
They're loaded.
非常富裕
Mm. So then what do you need a free meal for?
那干嘛還要我請你
I want to live on what I make.
我想靠我掙的錢生活
What? Nothing.
怎么了,沒什么
I was just thinking about Dominic for a second.
剛剛突然想到了多米尼克
And then I realized this is the first time in weeks
然后我意識到這是幾周以來
that I haven't been thinking about work.
我第一次沒在為工作操心
That's what new experiences do for you.
這就是新體驗帶來的好處
Being a foodie doesn't mean only liking fancy food.
做個美食家不單純是喜歡精致的食品
Means having the courage to try it.
而是有嘗試的勇氣
And then you get to serve what you like.
之后就可以選你喜歡的吃了
Except strawberries, peanuts, gluten, and chicken.
除了草莓,花生,谷蛋白和雞肉
Okay, why not those things?
為什么不能選那些東西
Because Louis is an asshole.
因為路易犯渾了
If you can't serve things just 'cause Louis is an asshole,
如果你因為路易犯渾就不上這些食物
you're not gonna have that many choices.
你可沒多少可選的了
Good point.
那倒是
So what really made you change your mind?
你到底為什么改主意
Pity.
同情你了
I'll take it.
那我領情了
Driver, taketh me to Williamsburg.
司機,送我去威廉斯堡
It's Jenny.
是珍妮
Trevor told me you talked to him,
特雷弗告訴我你跟他談了
and he's gonna stop.
他打算洗手不干了
Thanks, Mike.
謝謝你了,邁克
Hold on.
等等
Change of destination.
不去威廉斯堡了
Trevor.
特雷弗
What are you doing here?
你來干嘛
Can we talk for a minute?
我們能聊聊嗎
Yeah.
行啊
I know you lied to Jenny about us talking.
我知道你跟珍妮撒謊說我們談過了
You never should have told her i was dealing in the first place.
你根本就不該告訴她我在販毒
I never should have had to hide it in the first place.
我根本就不該替你隱瞞
Look, Trevor, you don't need to be dealing for a living, man.
聽著,特雷弗,你不用靠販毒為生
You could make something of yourself.
你可以有所作為的
Is that what you came here to tell me?
你過來就為了跟我說這個嗎
You've got real software clients, man.
你有真正的軟件客戶啊
Stick to them.
留住他們
Jeez. You believe that crap?
天啊,你還當真了
I don't have any software clients.
我沒有什么軟件客戶
Jesus. You're as naive as Jenny.
老天,你跟珍妮一樣天真
Look...
聽我說
if you need some kind of transition money or something—
你要是需要周轉資金什么的
What? How?
什么,你哪來的錢
Does it matter?
有關系嗎
Look, what matters is that you don't help me out, okay?
有關系,不用你來幫我
I help you out.
是我來幫你
And I'm not interested in transitioning into anything.
而且我也不想周轉成別的什么
Okay.
好吧
But the least you could do is be honest with Jenny.
但至少你該跟珍妮說實話
That's what this is all about.
這才是問題的關鍵吧
Yeah. You always liked her.
沒錯,你一直喜歡她
I think she deserves to know the truth.
我覺得她應該知道真相
You always thought you were better than me.
你總覺得自己比我強
Maybe that's because I am.
或許我就是比你強
Come on now. All right?
別鬧了
We're done.
一刀兩斷吧
Don't let the door hit you—
別撞門上
Call Dominic?
給多米尼克打電話了嗎
He's waiting for us outside.
他在門外等著我們
He's got the speech down?
他準備好演講了嗎
Yeah, he's got it down.
準備好了
Better. I'm taking a big risk on him.
最好如此,我把寶押在他身上了
You're taking a risk on him?
你把寶押在他身上了
Look at him.
你看看他
He's scared out of his mind.
他都嚇得魂不附體了
He's leaving his comfort zone
就因為是聽了你的勸
because you convinced him to. So?
他要做自己不擅長的事,那又如何
So maybe some words of encouragement.
不如說兩句鼓勵他的話
The best way to help Dominic
幫多米尼克最好的辦法
is not to let him second guess himself.
是不讓他對自己有疑慮
The most important asset an attorney has
一個律師最寶貴的資本
is his ability to always be self-assured.
是一直保持自信的能力
Okay. Here's what's gonna happen.
好了,程序是這樣的
It's standard for me to prep the board on any voting procedure.
一般會由我來為董事會的投票程序做準備
When do I speak?
我什么時候發言
When I tell you to. Let's go.
我讓你講的時候,我們走吧
I suggested to Stensland you be there
我向斯坦斯蘭建議讓你過來
to convince the board the production won't be hurt
向董事會保證生產不會受到
by an overseas move.
向海外搬遷的影響
It helps your credibility that he brought you here,
他帶你過來,有助于提升你的公信力
and it'll hurt his when you challenge him for CEO.
但你要跟他爭CEO一職時,他就不好看了
Look, it's natural to be nervous, okay?
緊張也是人之常情
Just remember, you know your stuff.
只要記住,你懂技術
The board's never loved Stensland,
董事會一直不喜歡斯坦斯蘭
and I'm here to back you up.
而且我會給你撐腰
Okay.
好吧
Robert.
羅伯特
Harvey.
哈維
You know, I have to admit, i almost didn't see it coming.
要知道,我得承認我差點沒料到你這一招
Excuse me?
你說什么
It was the delay in the due diligence.
盡職調查的延遲一事
It just didn't smell right.
就是覺得不對勁
So the only thing it could be
唯一可能的解釋
was that you were going after my CEO appointment.
就是你不想讓我當CEO
So since I'm still within my rights to move a board meeting,
而我還有權利重新安排董事會
I did.
我就調時間了
I was voted in today at noon.
我今天中午當選了
And tomorrow the board will ratify the sale of the factory.
明天董事會將批準工廠的出售
And now I'm firing your firm.
現在我要解雇你們公司
And I'm firing you.
還要解雇你
Try the croissant, gentlemen.
嘗嘗羊角面包吧,先生們
Marmalade's fantastic.
橙子醬好吃極了
What are we gonna do?
我們該怎么做
You're gonna go through those bylaws again,
你要去再翻一遍章程
and see if there isn't another way we can stop this sale.
看看有沒有別的辦法阻止出售
I'm talking about Dominic. He just lost his job.
我是說拿多米尼克怎么辦,他剛剛丟了工作
He's a grown man. He made a decision.
他是個成人了,是他自己做的決定
Because you convinced him to.
還不是你說服他做的
Based on your idea,
主意是你出的
which I recall you pushed on me at the time.
我記得你當時還極力推薦來著
Because I thought it would work at the time.
因為當時我以為能奏效呢
Well, it didn't. What do you want me to do about it?
結果沒奏效,那你要我怎么辦
Help him.
幫他啊
He's not dying. He lost his job.
他又不是要死了,就是丟了飯碗
He has to look for another one.
他再找一個就得了
Which, if he hadn't chosen to fight for
要是他一開始就選擇
his company in the first place,
不為他的公司抗爭
would have happened anyway.
也得另謀出路
Now, show me that you get it,
用行動告訴我你開竅了
go back through those bylaws again,
再去翻一遍章程
and see if you missed anything. Okay?
看看你有沒有漏掉什么
So this is what happens when you promote the wrong guy
提升錯的人做資深合伙人
to senior partner.
就是這種下場
If you hadn't gone to Stensland behind my back,
你要是沒有背著我去找斯坦斯蘭
this wouldn't have happened. You don't know that.
事情就不會這樣,這可難說
And I'm a member of this firm just as much of you.
我在公司和你有著相同的資歷
Oh, I think we both agree that you're a member.
我覺得你只是個職員而已
For your information, I didn't even—
跟你說,我都沒...
Louis. Harvey, eye on the ball.
路易,哈維,先處理問題
The issue here is you tried to torpedo a client—
現在的問題是你試圖背后捅客戶一刀
The client is McKernon Motors, not Stensland.
客戶是麥肯諾汽車公司,而不是斯坦斯蘭
You didn't let me finish.
我還沒說完
Without my consent.
而且沒經我同意
That trumps the "who's the client" part.
這比"誰是客戶"的問題嚴重
Louis, go to Stensland, repair the relationship.
路易,去找斯坦斯蘭,挽回敗局
Say what you have to. Call it a misunderstanding.
多說好話,就說這是場誤會
Promise Harvey is no longer involved.
保證哈維不會再插手了
Consider it done.
沒問題
Wait a second.
等等
Louis didn't go to Stensland behind my back.
路易沒有背著我找斯坦斯蘭
You send him there to hedge your bets.
你是派他挽回損失的
Either Stensland's out and we double our billings,
要么是斯坦斯蘭退出,我們的收入翻倍
or you have plausible deniability,
要么你給出合理的解釋
and he stays with the firm.
他才能繼續雇用我們事務所
Am I smart enough to do that?
我有那么聰明嗎
If I win, I look great.
要是我贏,我有面子
If Louis wins, he looks great.
要是路易贏,他有面子
Either way... You look great.
不管誰贏,你都有面子
You mean the firm looks great.
你是說事務所有面子吧
Harvey, what I've been trying to get into your head
哈維,我要灌輸給你的思想是
is that you bought in.
你已經入伙了
You are the firm.
你就代表事務所
That's it.
沒錯
Mike, follow me.
邁克,跟我來
I need you to go talk to Dominic.
我要你去和多米尼克談談
What? Why? Stensland's already CEO.
什么,為什么,斯坦斯蘭已經當上CEO了
That won't matter if we just buy the damn company.
如果我們買下那破公司,那就不成問題了
What?
什么
Why are you still working?
為什么你還在工作
It's one of my creations.
這是我的心血之一
I'm not leaving it unfinished.
我不會半途而廢的
What the hell do you want?
你想要什么
I'd be happy to tell you if you put that wrench down.
如果你把那個扳手放下,我很樂意說
Yeah, you're quick with the jokes.
你真會開玩笑
I'm the guy who just got fired.
我是個剛剛被開除的人
You're right. I'm sorry.
你說得對,抱歉
What would you say if I told you
如果我們可以讓你重拾工作
we could get your job back and stick it to Stensland.
還能狠狠教訓斯坦斯蘭,你有何想法
I'm done with Harvey and his plans, yeah?
我不想再跟哈維摻和了,明白嗎
You were there. We got fired too.
你當時在場,我們也被解雇了
You and Harvey still have jobs?
那你和哈維還有工作嗎
He doesn't care about anybody but himself,
除了他自己,他誰也不在乎
including you, Mike.
包括你,邁克
Yeah. You're probably right.
是的,你也許是對的
But he did stick his neck out to keep your company here,
但是他的確冒著風險想保住你的公司
and he does have an idea that requires your help,
他也確實有個想法需要你的幫助
so you can stay here and call him an asshole,
所以你要么留在這里繼續罵他
or you can come with me and we can help him.
要么和我來一起,助他一臂之力
Give me my goddamn shirt.
把我該死的襯衣給我
You know, it goes from 0 to 60—
你知道嗎,它從0加速到60邁
in the blink of an eye.
只需眨眼之間
Did you bring me down here to tell me I can drive this?
你叫我來就是告訴我,我能開這輛車嗎
Better.
還有好消息
For $250 million, you can own it.
只需兩億五千美金,你就可以買下來
McKernon Motors is for sale?
麥肯諾汽車公司在打折嗎
If we act fast.
只要我們出手夠快
I'll need to see the financials.
我要查看一下財政報告
You put together a letter of intent,
你整合一份意向書
they'll get you the financials.
他們就會給你財政報告了
You know, their real asset is engine quality.
他們公司真正的價值是引擎質量
I don't want to just buy the name.
我不想只買個牌子
Speak of the devil.
說曹操,曹操到
Laurence, I'd like you to meet the man responsible
勞倫斯,我想為你介紹一下麥肯諾汽車公司
for every McKernon Motors engine ever built.
歷代引擎的設計者
Dominic Barone. Very nice to meet you.
多米尼克·巴倫,很榮幸
Good to meet you.
我也是
I'd like to show you something if you have a minute.
如果你有空,我想帶你看樣東西
Absolutely.
當然可以
So how do we get an offer to the board
在明天前董事會投票批準合同之前
before they vote to ratify the deal tomorrow?
我們該怎樣對他們報價
You're gonna go through those bylaws,
你再去仔細看一遍章程
and you're gonna figure something out.
想出點辦法來
I don't have to look through them to figure it out,
我不用看一遍才能想到辦法
because I just did.
因為我看過了
Well, what took you so long?
怎么那么久
You trying to look like me?
你在模仿我嗎
Each of you have 24 hours
各位有24小時
to review the documents in front of you,
來審閱你們面前的文件
so at this time...
所以此時此刻
Excuse me. Excuse me.
抱歉,打擾一下
What is he doing here?
他在這里干什么
I'm sorry. I'm gonna take care of this.
抱歉,我來處理
No, no, I will.
不,不,我來
You gentlemen have no right to attend this meeting.
你們各位無權出席本次會議
Actually, we do.
事實上,我們有權出席
The bylaw states that any original employee
章程明規定,任何初始雇員
has the right to petition the board any time they meet.
都有權隨時向董事會提出申請
Dominic Barone has assigned that right to me.
多米尼克·巴倫已授權于我
He was fired.
他已經被解雇了
He no longer has that right.
他沒有那樣的權利
Per section 17-5, point "C,"
第17章5節C款規定
Dominic wasn't given three days' notice,
多米尼克未在解雇前三天收到通知
so technically he wasn't fired.
嚴格來說他還沒被解雇
Which is why I do have the right to urge the board
所以我有權敦促董事會
to accept the offer for the purchase of McKernon Motors.
接受對麥肯諾汽車公司的報價
Now, I can tell you that this offer
我可以告訴各位,本次收購
will keep manufacturing here and save jobs
將會保留工廠生產和工作機會
while retaining the flagship engine that put this company on the map,
同時保留將公司推向世界的旗艦引擎
but I don't have to,
但我無需如此
because it happens to be for way more goddamn money
因為碰巧有個機會能讓在座各位
than the one in front of you right now.
獲得更多的利潤
Hey, Bob. How are ya?
鮑勃,你好嗎
It's funny how you held out on me
那個適當通知的例外情況
on that proper notice exception.
你居然對我有所隱瞞
I didn't hold out.
我沒隱瞞
I made that up on the spot.
我當場編的
Really? On the spot?
真的,當場嗎
Remember that getting it stuff—
記住要學習
I know, right? I'm getting it.
我懂,我在學
Well, I was gonna say that, but now you ruined it.
我正準備說,但現在被你吐槽了
That's one thing you definitely get.
那是你唯一學到的
How to ruin it.
怎么吐槽
How to ruin it?
怎么吐槽
I heard that.
我聽見了
I have to admit, you don't suck.
我得承認,你沒那么糟糕
I wish I could say the same for you.
我希望也能對你做出同樣的評價
Time to pay the Piper. Just so you know,
該付錢了,告訴你一聲
I took the liberty of ordering some really expensive wines.
我過了一把隨便點好酒的癮
Hope that's okay.
希望你不介意
Sorry, sir, but the check's been paid for in full
抱歉,先生,賬單已由哈維·斯佩克特
by a Harvey Specter.
全部付清
There, uh, might have been some gluten in the ravioli.
餛飩里貌似有點谷蛋白
I hear McKernon Motors is getting a new owner.
我聽說麥肯諾汽車公司有新總裁了
We're not only handling the sale,
我們不僅要負責銷售
but with the expansion plan they're putting in place,
還要負責他們正在準備的擴展計劃
our billables should double.
我們的傭金可以翻倍了
Nicely done.
做得好
I did it for the firm.
為公司效勞
What are you doing here?
你過來干什么
You were right.
你說得對
I should never have kept it from you
我不該對你有所保留
that Trevor was dealing all that time.
特雷弗一直都在販毒
Well, I mean, it's, uh...
我說,那個...
It's all in the past, right?
都過去了,對嗎
No.
沒有
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢
He's lying to you.
他騙了你
He's still dealing.
他還在販毒
And I'm done with him.
我和他一刀兩斷了
Son of a bitch.
混蛋
Well, thank you, uh, for telling me.
謝謝你告訴了我
No, don't. Stop.
別,別這樣
We're even.
我們扯平了
And that is the last time I am ever ratting on anyone.
這也是我最后一次告發別人
So if you fall for it again...
如果你再上當
It's on you.
只能怪你自己了
Are you angry with me?
你生我的氣了嗎
You told me he would listen to me.
你說他會聽我的
I thought he would. Well, he didn't.
我以為他會,他不會
I...
我...
I'm sorry.
對不起
I'm s-I'm sorry.
對不起
No, I can't.
不,我不能
I can't.
不能這樣
What?
什么
No, I-I fought with him.
不,我和他吵了一架
Oh, God.
天啊
This is too much.
這樣太過了