teaches us "that it is possible for the matter above this stool to spontaneously turn into a beautiful woman who might accept my offer and fall in love with me."
告訴我們這位子上的物體有可能自然地轉化成一個漂亮的姑娘,接受我的請客并與我墜入愛河。
The owner then says, "Well, lots of single, beautiful women come in here ever day.
老板說這兒每天有很多單身美女客人,
Why don't you buy an ice cream for one of them, and they might fall in love with you?"
你干嘛不給其中一位買份冰淇淋呢,她們也許會與你墜入愛河啊。
And the physicist says, "Yeah, but what are the odds of that happening?"
物理學家答道是啊,但又有多大可能呢?
It's a little insulting, don't you think? How would I know? I'm not even sure I get it.
這笑話有點傷人不是嗎?我怎么知道?我都不確定我是不是真懂了。
Hey, Leonard? If you're done with the DVD player, can you set up my printer? Uh, yeah, I'd love to.
嘿,蘭納德,你要是弄完了DVD播放機能幫我裝下打印機嗎?噢好的,我很樂意。
Uh, hey, maybe when you're done with her printer, you could set up mine. You know, like you promised...a week ago. Yeah, I'll get to it-- don't nag me.
嘿,也許等你弄完了她的打印機能再幫我裝一下我的。你知道的,你一周前就……答應了。好的我會去裝的,別嘮叨我。
Hello there. Who is it? Oh hello, Penny. It's open. come in. Sarcasm.
嗨。是哪位?你好,佩妮,門是開的,請進。諷刺吧。
Well, they're all still up there.
他們還在樓上。
You think I can't hear them? Listen to that, stomp, stomp, stomp. That's Wolowitz in his stacked heels that fool no one.
你以為我聽不到?聽,咚咚咚。傻子都知道是沃勒威茨那婀娜小腳在走來走去。
I don't even know why I care. I don't care. All right, I cared enough to memorize that stupid joke, but that's all I care.
我都不知道我為什么要在乎,我才不在乎呢。好吧,我在乎到去背那個愚蠢的笑話,但我就在乎這個而已。
You know, Penny, there's something that occurs in beehives you might find interesting.
知道嗎,佩妮,蜂窩里的事你也許會感興趣。
Occasionally, a new queen will arrive while the old queen is still in power.
有時在老蜂后仍掌權時,會有一個新蜂后到來。
When this happens, the old queen must either locate to a new hive or engage in a battle to the death until only one queen remains.
這種情形下,老蜂后要么移居到一個新蜂窩,要么拼死一搏,直到只有一個蜂后存活下來。
What are you saying, that I'm threatened by Alicia? That I'm like the old queen of the hive and it's just time for me to go?
你什么意思,我受到艾麗西納的威脅了嗎?我就像那個蜂窩的老蜂后,是時候要我離開了?
I'm just talking about bees. They're on The Discovery Channel. What are you talking about?
我只是在談論蜜蜂啊。探索頻道里播的。你在說什么呢?
Bees. I just got that physicist joke.
蜜蜂。我終于明白那物理學家笑話了。
Gee, Penny, thanks for buying us dinner.
哇,佩妮,謝謝你給我們買晚餐。
Yeah, what's the occasion? No, no occasion-- just felt like getting some Chinese chow for my peeps.
是啊,有何事相求?沒什么相求,只想給我的小鷸鳥們買些中國食物。
Did you remember to ask for the chicken with broccoli to be diced, not shredded?
你記得要求雞肉里的蔬菜切成塊不是切碎嗎?
Yes. Even though the menu description specifies shredded? Yes. Brown rice, not white? Yes.
是。即使菜單上說是切碎?是。糙米不是白米?是。
You stop at the Korean grocery and get the good hot mustard? Yes.
你到韓食店買了上等的熱芥末?是。
Did you pick up the low-sodium soy sauce from the market? Yes. Good.
在超市里買了低鈉的醬油?是。很好。
See how it's done, Leonard?
瞧人家怎么干的,蘭納德。
So, what do we got going on tonight, huh? Playing Halo watching Battle star, drop some Mentos in Diet Coke?
我們今晚做什么好呢,嗯?玩光暈,看《太空堡壘》還是玩健怡可樂里放薄荷糖?
You want to watch Battle star? What can I say? I got my geek on, boys.
你想看《太空堡壘》?我能怎么說呢?伙計們,我的極客細胞活躍起來了。
No, no, PMS is different. Oh, thank God you're home. I need help.
不不是,經前綜合癥不這樣。哦,謝天謝地你在家,我需要幫助。
What's wrong? I just got a callback to audition for CSI to play a hooker who gets killed.
怎么了?我剛收到CSI試演的回復,扮演一個被殺害的妓女。
Oh, I'd watch that. But my car is in the shop, and I have to be at Universal in 45 minutes.
哦,我會看的。但我的車在店里,我得在45分鐘內趕到環球影城。
Okay, well, I'll take you. Oh, you're a lifesaver. I'll run lines with you in the car.
好吧,那我載你去。哦,你真是救世主。我和你一起坐車去。
Great. And afterward, I'll take you all out for Chinese.
太好了,之后我請你們大伙兒吃中國菜。
Oh, actually, that's okay. We already have...Yum. Starving.
其實沒關系,我們已經...好耶,餓得不行了。
Chinese food right here. They're gone, Penny. They can't hear you.
正在吃中國菜。他們走了,佩妮,聽不到你的話。
I cannot believe they're letting her just use them like that. I mean, anything she wants, they go panting after her like trained dogs.
真不敢相信他們就這樣任憑她利用他們。我意思是,不管她要什么,他們都像她訓練的狗一樣聽從她。
You know that just last week, she had Howard drive all the way to her uncle's house in Orange County to pick up her TV?
知道嗎,上周她要霍華德一直開車載她到她的叔叔家,就為了去橘子郡取她的電視機。
You once had Leonard and me get your television from your ex-boyfriend.
你曾叫蘭納德和我去你的前男友家取電視機。
Apples and oranges here, Sheldon.
蘋果和桔子不能比啊,謝爾頓。
I'm telling you, that girl is a user, skating through life on her looks,
我告訴你,那女的喜歡利用別人,靠她的臉蛋兒招搖過市。
taking advantage of innocent, weak-willed men, getting auditions for stupid network shows. It just creams my corn.
利用那些天真意志薄弱的男人,得到那些愚蠢電視劇的試演。我真的很生氣。
May I interject something here? Please. You got the wrong mustard.
我能插一句嗎?說吧。你買錯了芥末。
Guess what? I got the part on CSI. Oh, boy. Something wrong?
猜怎么著?我得到CSI那個角色了。哦,好家伙。有什么不對勁嗎?
Uh, no. No, no, no, you know, congratulations. I think you'll make a great hooker.
哦沒有沒有,恭喜你。相信你扮妓女一定很棒。
Thank you. Hey, I got to ask you something. How much do physicists make?
謝謝。嘿,我要問你些事,物理學家能掙多少?
Um, I don't know. I don't think a lot. Yeah, that's what I figured.
呃,我不知道。我想不太多吧。嗯,我也這么想。
Well, got to run. The guys promised to set up my satellite dish and paint my bedroom. Yay!
得走了,他們答應幫我裝電視天線,粉刷臥室呢,再見!
Um, hey, hey, can I talk to you about that for a second? About what?
嘿嘿,我能跟你說一句嗎?說什么?
Well, you know, it's just that Leonard and Howard and Raj, they aren't like other guys. They're special.
你知道的,蘭納德,霍華德還有拉杰他們和別的家伙不一樣,他們很特別。
Okay, they're special...and? Oh, let's see. How can I explain this?
好的,他們很特別,還有呢?這么說吧,我要怎么解釋好呢。
Um, they don't know how to use their shields. Shields?
他們不知道如何使用他們的盾。盾?
Yeah, you know, like in Star Trek, when you're in battle and you raise the shields?
是的,就像《星際迷航》里的,當你要戰斗時你要舉起你的盾。
Where the hell'd that come from?
這想法從哪兒冒出來的?
Anyways, um, you know how guys like this are, so...please don't take advantage of them.
反正呢,你知道像他們這樣的人,請不要利用他們。
Who says I'm taking advantage of them?
誰說我在利用他們?
Come on. They're doing everything for you, because you're leading them on.
拜托,他們為你做任何事,因為是你在引誘他們。
So I let them do stuff for me. They're happy. I get stuff. Who cares?
我讓他們幫我做事,他們樂意,我事也辦成了,誰有意見呢?
And how is it any different from what you do? Excuse me?
這和你做的又有什么區別呢?你說什么?
I've seen you around them. Are you pretending like you don't do the exact same thing?
我見過你在他們旁邊的樣子,你想假裝你沒做和我同樣的事嗎?
Okay, lady, you are way out of line. Oh, I'm out of line? Yeah, you're out of line.
好吧,女士,你越軌了。是嗎,我越軌了?是的,你越過界了。
Well, what are you going to do about it...bitch?
那你打算怎么辦呢,婊子?
I like Green Lantern. I'm just saying it's pretty lame that he can be defeated by the color yellow.
我喜歡綠燈俠。我只是覺得他能被黃色物體擊倒,這一點很沒說服力。
Only the modern Green Lantern is vulnerable to yellow.
黃色只對現代綠燈俠有用。
Golden age Green Lantern was vulnerable to wood.
黃金時代的綠燈俠害怕木頭。
Great, so I can take them both out with a number-two pencil?
好極了,那我用一支2號鉛筆就擊倒他們兩代了。
Oh, my God! Girl fight!
哦,上帝啊,女生掐架了!
What are you doing? I know you. You're stupid enough to break it up.
你要干嘛?我了解你,你一定會傻到要去勸架。
May I say you look very comely tonight? Thank you.
請允許我說,你今晚看起來很清秀。謝謝。
You're right, this filly's been broken.
你說得對,這姑娘給打蔫了。
You set it on DTS, didn't you? I had to. She called me "cutie."
你設置成DTS了是不是?我沒辦法啊,她叫我酷哥。
According to Alicia's Facebook page, she's hooking up with one of the producers on CSI.
艾麗西納的facebook博客上寫,她跟CSI的一個制作人搞上了。
Well, dead whore on TV, live one in real life.
電視里的死妓女,現實中的活妓女。
Oh, great. Now she's jumping up and down on the bed.
哦,這下好了,開始在床上跳上跳下了。