Previously on 'Boston legal'
前情提要
I don't fear death,
我不懼怕死亡
but I am afraid of being hooked up to a machine.
但我害怕連在一臺機器上
If it came to that, my friend, I would pull your plug.
要是真的那樣,我的朋友,我會拔掉你的插頭
Pull a plug? I want you to shoot me.
拔掉插頭?我想要你向我開一槍
"Professor Clifford Cabot's cabinet of sexual curiosities".
"克利福德?卡伯特教授充滿性好奇心的櫥柜"
I intend for it to be my legacy to the world.
我本打算把這個當成我給世界的遺產的
I need a favor.
幫我個忙
I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again.
我想要你查出我的女兒是否又吸食毒品了
I'm Rachel.
我是瑞秋
I'm Brad. Nice to meet you.
我是布拉德,很高興見到你
Have you made contact with Rachel?
你和瑞秋聯系了嗎?
She's been clean for five years.
她五年來都沒吸過毒了
Denise Bauer, attorney, Daniel Post.
丹尼斯·鮑爾律師,丹尼爾·波斯特
Guy dying of cancer.
要死于癌癥的人
You're going off like a dog, aren't you?
你要像狗一樣離開,不是嗎?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
When a dog knows it's gonna die, it goes off into the woods by itself.
當一條狗知道自己要死掉的時候,它就會自己躲到樹林里
Imagine killing somebody you deeply love.
想象一下,要殺掉你深愛的人
You said you'd do it for me. You promised.
你說過你會為我這么做的,你保證過
I don't know that I could.
我不知道我會
We had sex.
我們做過愛
Yes.
是的
Incredible sex.
無與倫比的性愛
Yes.
是的
And that's it?
然后就完了?
Yes.
是的
If you're okay with going back to the way things were, so am I.
要是你覺得回到過去沒有關系的話,我也一樣
Just friends.
只是朋友
Friends with benefits.
互利的朋友
Alan, Marlene Stanger. Marlene, Alan Shore. Alan
這是Marlene Stanger Marlene ,這是艾倫·肖爾
I look forward to working with you, Ms. Stanger.
我很期待能和你一起共事,Stanger女士
Marlene is a firstrate lawyer.
馬琳是個很棒的律師
She stole my case.
她偷了我的案子
I thought we could do better.
我認為我們能做的更好
You are not gonna get very far at Crane, Poole & Schmidt
使用你在這個案子里這種孤注一擲的方式
pulling the kind of crap you did with this case.
你不會在Crane, Poole & Schmidt,事務所里走得太遠
Cancel the rest of your weekend.
取消你剩下的周末
I'm taking you to Nimmo bay. I want to take you to my spa.
我帶你去Nimmo灣,我要帶你去做SPA
What are you doing in my bed?
你在我的床上做什么?
I don't know!
我不知道
What do you mean you don't know?
你不知道是什么意思?
Anything Denny Crane can do,
丹尼·克蘭能做的任何事
I can do backwards and wearing high heels.
我都可以穿高跟鞋反過來做一次
Who are we?
我們是誰?
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Alan Shore
艾倫·肖爾.
Leaders of men.
男人中的精英
With bull'seyes on our asses.
牛氣沖天的人物
What the hell?
到底怎么了?
Paul, stop them. Paul
制止他們
Security's been called.
已經叫了警衛
Oh, dear. This could be my fault.
哦,親愛的,這是我的錯
I seem to have mated them both.
我好像和她們都交往過
Yes, I did, all right.
是的,我做過,好吧
Jane Sheila
簡, 希拉.
Alan, this is absolutely...
這絕對是
Wrong, yes.
錯誤的,是的
Office policy manuals and such. I know, Shirley.
辦公室政策手冊之類的,我知道,雪莉
But you'll just have to cut me some slack this time of year.
但是在每年的這個時候,你只要放我一馬就好了
This time of year?
每年的這個時候?
It's spring. I'm in heat.
現在是春天,我欲火焚身
I hear you're in heat.
我聽說你欲火焚身
It seems so.
看起來是的
Me, too. We must be on the same cycle.
我也是,我們一定是處于同一周期
What do you do when you're in heat?
你欲火焚身的時候要干什么?
Generally I have a good deal of sex.
一般來說我要好好地做愛
Me, too! Where?
我也是,哪里?
Out and about.
出去在周圍
You mean right here in Boston?
你的意思是就在波士頓?
It's the most convenient locale.
這是最方便的地方
Don't do that, man.
不要那樣做,伙計
The women in Boston are pale this time of year,
波士頓的女人在這個時候非常糟糕
and they haven't lost their Winter fat.
而且她們冬天積攢的肥肉還沒甩掉
Like spring snow, Boston women have their own particular benefits.
就好像春天的雪一樣,波士頓的女人有她們自己獨特的優勢
Nonsense! You come with me to California.
胡說八道,你和我一起去加州
It's spring all the time there.
那里四季如春
I have some business to do in the Los Angeles office.
我在洛山磯分部辦公室有點事要做
We'll have time to prowl all we want, and we can write the whole thing off.
我們有時間四處獵艷,完了后拍拍屁股可以走人
Denny, in all modesty,
丹尼毫不夸張地說
my state of heat doesn't generally require me to prowl.
我雖然欲火焚身,但還不至于要四處獵艷
Women have a tendency to find me.
我總是會有女人找上門的
Well, let them find you in L.A.
那么,讓她們在,L.A.找到你
Now don't be difficult. You know we're going.
不要這么固執,你知道我們要去的
We'll take the jet, grab a limo,
我們搭個飛機,乘輛轎車
drop by Crane, Poole & Schmidt Los Angeles, do a little business.
順便去洛山磯的Crane Poole & Schmidt ,干點公事
Then we'll check in to Chateau de Mer.
然后到Chateau de Mer登記
They have that luxury down bedding with the 500thread cotton sheets.
他們有那種奢侈的絨毛被褥,還有500線的棉床單
Women love that high thread count.
女人喜歡高密度的棉床單
As do I.
正如我一樣
You mean, I've convinced you?
你的意思是,我勸服你了?
I do have a hankering for some strip mall sushi.
我確實對一些壽司店有些渴望
Yes, the thread count put me over. A few days.
是的,你說的棉床單密度的事,讓我動心了,幾天吧
I'll make some calls.
我要打幾個電話
I was doing research.
我正在做研究
At a motel with a prostitute?
在汽車旅館和妓女一起?
I promise you, I've done nothing licentious.
我向你保證,我沒有做過什么放肆的事情
Me neither.
我也沒有
I was cultivating case studies, conducting interviews with ladies of the eve
我當時在研究案例,和夜女郎們做一些采訪
for my survey of Victorian sexual mores versus presentday.
關于維多利亞時代與現代性風俗,的區別所做的研究
Me, too.
我也是
Clifford
克利福德.
Oh, my God. You don't believe me.
噢,天呢,你不相信我
She was naked during the interview. It looks suspicious.
在采訪過程中她都是全裸,這看起來有點令人懷疑
It was a demonstration speech.
那是一個演示
The art of seduction visavis clothing removal.
是關于當面脫衣引誘的藝術
Just ask Lafonda.
你只要問問Lafonda就行
Look, Clifford, it doesn't matter what I think.
你看,克利福德,我怎么想沒有關系
You've got your story. You're sticking to it.
你有你自己的說法,你自己相信就好了
I will post bail.
我去交保釋金
Shirley?
雪莉?
Yes?
恩?
Could you see about getting my shoelaces back?
你能看看能否把我的鞋帶拿回來嗎?
Yeah.
是的
Now the legal concepts of sufficiency of evidence and weight of evidence are different.
現在證據充足和,證據份量的法律概念并不相同
A prime example is the Commonwealth vs. Thompkins.
先例是聯邦訴Thompkins
Yes?
喂
Brad, Beth Guttman on line two.
布拉德,貝絲,格特曼在二號線上
Tell her I'm in a meeting. I'll call her right back.
告訴她我正在開會,我一會打給她
She said it was an emergency.
她說有急事
It's my sister. This will just take a minute.
是我姐姐,只要幾分鐘
Yeah, Beth. What's up?
是我,貝絲,怎么了?
What, when?
什么,什么時候?
Yeah, yeah, okay.
恩,恩,好的
Okay, I'm on my way. Don't let her say a thing until I get there.
好的,我趕過去,在我到之前不要讓她說一個字
Brad
布拉德.
Beth
貝絲.
What happened?
怎么了?
Oh, Hannah was at this party.
哦,漢納,在聚會上
Kids were, there were drugs. And this one boy...
孩子們在,那里有毒品,而有一個男孩...
died of an overdose.
死于服藥過度
Denny, you...
丹尼,你...
Good Lord.
老天
Does this make me look fat?
這讓我看起來很胖嗎?
Yes, wear heels.
是的,穿高跟鞋
Don't do this. You know you can't handle Los Angeles.
不要這樣做,你知道你掌控不了洛山磯
I'll be fine.
我會沒事的
Every spring you take this little trip out west,
每個春天你都會到西部去小游一下
and then we spend every summer, fall and winter trying to get the charges dropped.
然后我們就要花掉每個夏天,秋天,冬天來撤銷對你的指控
If you're referring to the Vanna White incident,
要是你指的是Vanna White事件
there was contributory negligence on her part.
她自己本身也有疏忽
You groped her rear end during the whole buffet line at a cocktail party.
雞尾酒會上你整個自助餐時間,都在摸她的屁股
How exactly was she negligent?
她到底怎么疏忽了?
Her tushy.
她的屁股
Legally, it's called an attractive nuisance.
法律上,這叫做誘人的麻煩事物
Look, if you are sincerely concerned about my dalliances in Los Angeles,
看,要是你真的對我,在洛山磯獵艷非常在意
there's one way to prevent them.
有一個方法可以制止他們
Come with me. You know how I feel about you.
跟我一起去,你知道我對你什么感覺
Your wet suit's doing all the talking.
你濕漉漉的泳衣下面的東西說明了一切
Bogey and Bacall had Paris.
Bogey和Bacall擁有巴黎
You and I can have Los Angeles.
你和我可以擁有洛山磯
We can take the first flight out.
我們可以在那開創新事業
Denny, every year I threaten.
丹尼,每一年我都威脅你
Every year I cajole. All I have left is to plead.
勸誘你,現在我所剩下的只有懇求你了
If you care about me, don't make me plead.
如果你在乎我,不要讓我懇求
Denny Crane does not make promises,
丹尼·克蘭從不做承諾
but for you, I will try and be a good boy.
但是為了你,我要試著做一個好男孩
Thank you.
謝謝你
How did you get into that thing, anyway?
順便問句,你怎么穿上那個的
A lot of vaseline and
用了很多凡士林(潤滑油)
Chuck in word processing helped.
文字處理的查克幫的忙
Poor Chuck.
可憐的查克
I hope he'll help me get out of it.
我希望他能幫我脫下來
She doubled the client's money.
她把委托人的錢加倍
Denise was there, too.
丹尼斯也在那里
I thought that was the case you settled at 10.
我以為是你十點鐘解決的那個案子
Well...
嗯...
You guys make a great team.
你們組成了一個很棒的團隊
Every team needs a great closer.
每一個團隊都需要緊密合作
Oh, and it really helps that one of you is funny, because funny helps with the clients.
哦,你們當中有一個有趣的人真的是很有幫助,因為有趣可以幫到委托人
Her?
她?
Thanks, guys.
謝謝,伙計們
Too bad you're both up for partner.
真糟糕你們都競選合伙人
Spring vote.
春季投票
Always a lot harder.
通常都更難
This place is so sexist.
這個地方是這么的男性至上
Four spots.
四個空額
There's no way they're gonna give two of them to women.
他們不可能給兩個給女人
You guys should team up.
你們應該聯合起來
Whoever makes it this time can then vote for the other one next time.
誰這次成功了可以下一次投另一個一票
I'm just gonna run in and grab a seat.
我要趕緊進去,搶個座位
That's what you should do!
那是你應該做的
And then the other one can just buy you dinner or something.
然后另一個只要給你買晚飯,或者其他什么就好了
We won't know what the boy died of until after the autopsy.
尸檢以前我們無法知道男孩死因
More than likely a bad mix of prescription medication.
很可能是因為處方藥品的不良混合服用
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢?
You ever heard of pharming parties?
你聽說過雞尾酒派對嗎?
No.
沒有
Not farming with an "f" but a "ph. "
不是喝的那種,是藥
It's what kids are doing as of late.
最近孩子們中流行的
They go to their parents' medicine cabinets,
他們去父母的藥柜里
find the leftover prescriptions.
找到剩下的處方單
Pain medicines for backaches, sleeping pills,
治療背痛的止痛藥,安眠藥
even their own medications for ADD.
甚至是治療他們自己注意力缺陷障礙的藥
They take all these pharmaceuticals, get together,
他們拿了這些藥品聚到一起
trade them, mix them into various medication cocktails,
交換,把它們混合起來,制成不同的藥物雞尾酒
just to see what kind of fun can be had.
只是要看看到底有多好玩
This poor kid more than likely got a bad mix.
這個可憐的男孩很可能是,吃了不能混合的藥
Do you know about this?
你知道這些嗎?
First I'm hearing.
第一次聽說
The kids were smart enough to dump all the pills down the toilet,
孩子們足夠聰明,他們把藥片都倒到廁所里
but we found the prescription bottles, labels missing, in the trash out back.
但是我們在外面的垃圾里,找到了撕去標簽的處方藥瓶
Hannah would never be involved in anything like that.
漢納決不會卷到類似的事情里
She's already on an antidepressant.
她已經在服用抗抑郁藥
She knows better than to mix it with anything.
她知道不能把這個與任何東西混合起來
Hannah's on antidepressants?
漢納在吃抗抑郁藥?
She's had clinical depression for two years.
她臨床抑郁已經兩年了
She won't tell me anything.
她不會告訴我任何東西
The other kids aren't talking,
別的孩子不說話
but the DA's not gonna let this one go.
但是地區檢察官不會放過這件事的
Someone's going to jail.
有人要進監獄
I'll talk to her.
我會跟她談談
You cut your hair since Christmas.
你圣誕節的時候就剪短了頭發
Yeah.
是的
Well, we've got a long road ahead of us.
嗯,我們前面有很長的路
And I realize you're probably still in shock but,
我也意識到你可能還處在震驚之中
as you can see, we've got a little bit of a problem here.
但是正如你所看到的,我們這里有點問題
Besides Ryan being dead?
除了賴安已經死掉?
No, I understand you lost a friend, Hannah.
不,我明白你失去了一個朋友,漢納
But Ryan's parents also lost a son.
但是賴安的父母也失去了一個兒子
And they are not gonna stop, and nor should they,
他們不會也不應該停止
until they find out exactly what happened last night.
直到他們找去昨天晚上到底發生了什么
And right now as we're talking,
我們現在談話的時候
all your other friends are with their attorneys who are advising them to speak up.
你所有的其他朋友都正在和他們的律師談話,律師都建議他們說出來
And the first one to speak up is gonna make a deal with the district attorney.
第一個說出來的會和地區檢察官達成協議
Everyone else is gonna take responsibility for the crime,
其他人會為這次犯罪負責
and someone is going to go to jail.
有人要進監獄
Hannah, I know you're a good person.
漢納,我知道你是個好人
I know you're a good friend,
我知道你是個很好的朋友
but this is the one time you need to think of yourself first.
但是這一次你應該先想想自己
Um, the Strom trial doesn't begin until the fall,
恩,斯特羅姆審判秋天才開始
so we can discuss that at a later date. Denise, what have you got?
所以我們可以晚一些再討論,丹尼斯,你有什么?
Uh, the Preitzler deposition starts Monday,
啊,Preitzler宣誓作證周一開始
plus I'm still negotiating on Friedman vs. Langston,
還有,我還在為Friedman,訴Langston一案談判
and, oh, Paul needs help on MacCuish and Wassen.
還有,哦Pall在MacCuish和,Wassen的案子上需要幫助
Full load.
任務滿滿
Very full. Lots of billables, but I'm handling it.
非常滿,很多,但是我處理得了
Good. In that case...
很好,這樣的話
I'm available.
我有空
Excellent, so you're with me on the Clifford Cabot case.
太好了,那么你和我處理克利福德·卡伯特一案
Okay, people, that does it. Thank you very much.
好了,就這樣吧,十分感謝
Marlene
馬琳.
You're typing with such intensity,
你如此劇烈的打字
almost as though there was some imminent climax.
幾乎好像有高潮要到來
She's on antidepressants.
她在服抗抑郁藥
I had no idea. I thought we were close.
我不知道,我以為我們很親密
Suddenly we're ordinary people.
突然我們關系變得普通
You're holiday close.
你是在假期才和她親密
You get together for the biggies,
你在大節日和他們聚會
you know, Christmas, Easter, share some laughs, old stories.
例如,圣誕節,復活節,分享笑聲和古老的故事
And there's something really comforting about that,
這些是真的很令人欣慰的事
but inbetween the jokes, that's where stuff like
但是在這些笑話中間,突然插入一些事,比如說
"Hannah's got clinical depression" hang out.
"漢納有臨床抑郁癥"
I mean, how do you share something like that?
我是說,你會在這種情況下分享這樣的事嗎
Plus, it's Hannah's private business.
還有,這是漢納的私事
Not anymore. It's like we've been strangers for years.
不再是了,就好像我們多年來都是陌生人
Do they know everything about you?
他們知道你所有的事嗎?
Brad?
布拉德?
Can I, um...
我能,嗯
Hey, Beth.
嘿,貝絲
They arrested her.
他們逮捕了她
One of the kids talked.
一個孩子說出來了
He said it was all Hannah's fault, that she organized the whole party,
他說這都是漢納的錯,,整個聚會都是她組織的
that she brought all the drugs.
她帶來了所有的藥品
I know that's not true.
我知道這不是真的
Where is she now?
她現在在哪里?
Rick's arranging bail.
里克正在安排保釋
This is my world.
這是我的世界
Welcome to it.
歡迎來到這里
The current research from the top academics in my field
在我這個領域里這個國家最權威的大學
at the most prestigious universities in the country.
頂尖學院的當前研究
"Sex and love in the time of the booty call".
《求愛電話中的性和愛》
"Buzz off: A history of antivibrator legislation in the United states".
《離去:美國反震動棒立法史考》
All legitimate papers, presented at the Yale sex week symposium last month.
所有都是合法的論文,上個月在耶魯的性周討論會呈交的
You know, you have a way about you.
你知道,你有種獨特的感覺
Anyhow, the paper that I'm working on entitled
總之,我正在研究的論文題目為
"low as a ho: Privileging sexual purveyors and the fallacy of phallocentricism"
《像妓女般卑賤:性工作者的特權化,和菲勒斯中心主義的謬論》
could only be made possible through field research,
只有經過實地研究才有可能寫出
which is what I was doing when accosted by the fuzz.
這就是條子到場時我正在做的
Clifford, I think you can understand how the police might have mistaken your intentions
克利福德,我想你可以理解,為什么警察會誤解你的意圖
and let their imaginations get away from them.
而且浮想連篇
And that's their problem.
那是他們的問題
Finally, our universities are making great strides
最終,我們的大學在理解人類性狀況方面
in understanding the human sexual condition.
跨出巨大一步
Graphic sexuality has become ubiquitous in modern society.
在現代社會性行為的圖片已經無處不在
It's irresponsible not to teach young people about it.
如果不教給年輕人這些是不負責任的
These are for real.
這些是真的
You're kidding.
你在開玩笑
As whacked out as some of these things sound, no offense, Clifford,
雖然這些事聽起來有些瘋狂,無意冒犯,克利福德
they're all legitimate scholarly research articles.
他們都是合法的學術研究文章
Exactly.
正是如此
Research which required extensive interviews.
這些研究需要廣泛的采訪
My cousin went to elementary school with the DA.
我的堂弟和地方檢察官曾經一起上小學
I think we've got enough here to go to him and get these charges dropped.
我想我們足以幫助他解除指控
I like her.
我喜歡她
That's not how it happened! They're lying!
事情不是這樣的,他們說謊
Then you have to tell the truth.
那么你必須講出真相
Now these kids are doing exactly what is expected of them.
現在這些孩子做的,恰恰是他們所被期望做的
They're acting in their own selfinterest.
他們從自己的利益出發
Hannah, you must understand, you could go to jail for this.
漢納,你必須明白,你可能因為這個進監獄
They are charging you with second degree murder.
他們控訴你二級謀殺
No.
不
No.
不
Casey Casey
凱西, 凱西.
When you finish perusing,
你細讀完以后
please note that what our client had on his mind was
請注意我們的委托人腦海里
purely Q&A for research purposes only.
純粹是研究意圖的問與答
There was no intent to solicit.
沒有嫖娼的意圖
Oh, no intent, huh?
噢,沒有嫖娼的意圖,哈?
You guys want to let us in on the joke?
你們想讓我們分享一下笑話嗎?
We found that professor Cabot, in doing his research,
我們發現卡伯特教授,在做他的研究的時候
was extremely thorough.
非常的徹底
Check it out.
看看吧
Show me!
給我看
Show me the plight of the exploited sex worker.
讓我看看被剝削的性工作者的艱難處境
Oh, and show me your ass.
哦,還有讓我看看你的屁股
Oh, dear Lord.
哦,我的上帝
Check it out. She's about to graduate magna cum laude.
看看吧,她可是他的一個優等生呢
Tell me your quim is quivering!
告訴我你的外陰在顫抖
What's a quim?
什么是外陰?
Can you believe she didn't know what a quim was?
你能相信她不知道什么是外陰嗎
Clifford
克利福德.
I know, it's awful, pure misery.
我知道,這很糟糕,完全是惡夢
What do we do?
我們要怎么做?
Plead this out, take your lumps.
請求有罪,接受懲罰
I can't do that. My reputation is at stake.
我不能這么做,這樣一來我的聲譽岌岌可危
If I plead guilty, there goes my entire academic career.
要是我請求有罪的話,我整個學術生涯就完了
You should have thought of that before you hired Eliza Doolittle to polish your knob.
在你雇傭伊萊扎·杜利特爾做這些事之前,,就應該想到這一點
Okay, Shirley, yes, I'm guilty. Put me in shackles.
好吧,雪莉,是的,我有罪,把我銬起來吧
Let's not go there.
我們不要這樣
But I really did go to that motel for research.
但是我真的是去旅館搞研究
Only this time Lafonda look so inviting.
只是這次Lafonda是如此的攝人心魄
Her smile told me everything was gonna be all right,
她的微笑告訴我所有的一切都會很好
and I got carried away.
我被吸引了
Shirley, I'm mortified to admit this,
雪莉,要承認這個我很苦惱
but I hadn't been intimate with a woman for years.
但是我好多年都沒有和女人親密過了
My wife left me emotionally and sexually
我的妻子在情感上和性上都離開了我
long before we ever parted ways legally.
在我們法律上分開很久以前就這樣了
And loneliness, well,
還有孤獨,啊
it isn't something you can just think your way out of.
不是你只要想就可以擺脫的
Clifford, how many of these interviews have you done?
克利福德,你做過多少次這樣的采訪?
With this latest study, 11.
加上這最后一個,11次
But this is the first time anything inappropriate has ever happened.
但是這是第一次有不適宜的事情發生
Ooh, maybe it's the third.
哦,也許是第三個
We're sunk.
我們陷進去了
This will stop.
這個要停止了
What will stop?
什么要停止?
You and your little games.
你和你的小游戲
They're a distraction, and they will stop.
它們令人分心,它們要停止
What do you suggest instead?
那你建議什么呢?
We're going to make love.
我們做愛吧
You're going to give me everything you've got.
你想怎么玩都可以
We're going to get this out of our system.
把你的小動作從我們正常程序中排除出去
It will be kept between the two of us, and then we will move on.
這事只有我們倆知道,然后我們裝作什么都沒發生過
Sounds very organized.
聽起來頭頭是道
Cut the nonsense. Are you in or not?
別說廢話,你要做還是不做?
I am very much in.
我非常樂意
However, I have some thoughts.
但是,我有一些想法
First, I am a bit oldfashioned.
第一,我有一點守舊
When it comes to certain women, I prefer to do the stalking.
對于某種女人,我喜歡做主動
You've got 24 hours.
你有24個小時
I certainly won't be timed.
我當然不會為時所困
I think you're vile.
你很壞
That's a very good sign.
這是個很好的兆頭
For some, it takes quite a while to reach that point.
對一些人來說,要很久才意識到這一點
But you seem very in touch with the worst that the world has to offer.
但是你看起來和世界上最壞的東西聯系緊密
You've always been a very bad girl.
你一直都是個壞女孩
Now you're working up to awful,
現在你覺得很糟糕
and you think I'm just the lucky lad to get you there.
而你認為是我這個幸運的小伙子,把你帶到這個境地
You might just be right,
你也許恰好是對的
as long as it's messy,
只是會有點凌亂不堪
and it hurts just a bit.
而且有點疼
Just as soon as I return from Los Angeles.
等我從洛山磯回來
This has a familiar feel to it.
有一種熟悉的感覺
Oh, I forgot. You haven't been to this branch.
哦,我忘了,你沒來過這個分店
How are you? Denny Crane.
你好嗎? 丹尼·克蘭
I'm a big believer in consistency.
我非常堅信一致性
Whether you kill someone in Boston, New York, Chicago...
不管你是否殺了人,在波士頓,紐約,芝加哥...
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
L.A., London, Tokyo, you'll feel right at home here. L.A.
倫敦還是東京,你在這里都會感到賓至如歸
Oh, my God.
噢,我的天
So I'll messenger those contracts to you this afternoon.
那么今天下午我會把這些合同發給你
Perfect. Thank you.
太好了,謝謝你
Denny Crane Ms. Reese.
丹尼·克蘭. 里斯小姐
Hello.
你好
I'm sorry, the Denny Crane. Crane, Poole & Sperm, Schmidt.
對不起,我是丹尼·克蘭,來自Crane Poole & Sperm(精子)...Schmidt
May I say that I have seen every single one of the episodes of "Night bay"?
我可以說我看過《夜晚海灣》的每一集嗎?
Thank you.
謝謝你
And I wonder, how can they keep this thing going?
我也很好奇,他們怎么能讓這件事持續的?
But, you know, night swimmers need protection, too,
但是,你知道,晚上游泳的人也需要保護
and drug smugglers thrive under the cloak of darkness.
毒品走私者在夜幕的掩蓋下活動
And this is my colleague Alan Shore.
這是我的同事艾倫·肖爾
A pleasure, miss...
很榮幸,女士
Oh, he doesn't watch television.
噢,他不看電視
I doubt he's even seen the sex tape your boyfriend filmed of you.
我都懷疑他是否看過,你男朋友給你拍的性愛錄像
I have to go now.
我得走了
Byebye.
再見
I love L.A.
我愛L.A.
Denny Crane, you son of a gun. How are you?
丹尼·克蘭你這個壞蛋,你好嗎?
Good, good, good.
挺好,挺好,挺好
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
Alan Shore. How do you do?
艾倫·肖爾你好
Senior partner, Crane, Poole & Schmidt L.A.
高級合伙人,Crane Poole & Schmidt L.A.
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
You said that.
你說過
Denny Crane west, almost.
可以把他看作是西部的丹尼·克蘭
Got it.
我知道了
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
Docket number 52893.
訴訟號,52893
Commonwealth vs. Hannah Guttman on a charge of second degree murder.
聯邦訴漢納·格特曼二級謀殺
Great.
太好了
How do you plead?
你打算如何辯護?
Not guilty, your honor.
無罪,閣下
Bail?
保釋?
The defense requests ROR.
辨方要求自簽擔保釋放(ROR)
Hannah's parents can take responsibility for her.
漢納的父母可以為她負責
The defendant is charged with second degree murder. Bail...
被告人被指控犯有二級謀殺,保釋
That's way out of whack, your honor.
這不正常,閣下
This case is involuntary manslaughter at its best.
這個案子至多是過失殺人
You're gonna tell me how to file?
你要教我如何起訴嗎?
She's overcharging, your honor, hoping we'll plead for manslaughter.
她被指控的罪名過重,閣下,我們請求把罪名改為過失殺人
An innocent boy is dead, your honor. Forgive me for taking it seriously.
一個無辜的男孩死了,閣下,請原諒我這么重視
All right.
好吧
The defendant has no prior record.
被告人沒有犯罪記錄
I'm gonna release her into the custody of her parents.
我要讓她的父母監護她
Conference with the clerk for scheduling.
你們和辦事員共同商議出庭日程吧
Hannah
漢納...
You're not going to look at us?
你不打算看看我們嗎?
Let's go.
我們走
You killed our son. You're not going to even look at us?
你殺了我們的兒子,你甚至不打算看看我們?
And did you take care of what we talked about?
我們談的都處理好了嗎?
Just as you requested.
正如你所要求的
All the amendments to your living will have been incorporated per your specifications.
你的生前遺囑根據你每個,具體的要求進行了修改
We just need the proper signatures.
我們只需要一個合適的簽名
Excellent.
太好了
And just so you know, we did a search,
正如你所知道的,我們做了調查
and there's no place that will legally sanction euthanasia by bullet to the brain.
沒有地方會在法律上,批準將子彈射入腦袋這種安樂死
Oh, chest?
哦,胸部呢?
Sorry, the most you can hope for is a slow morphine drip
對不起,你能指望的最多就是慢速的嗎啡注射
or counting on Alan here to pull your plug.
或者指望艾倫拔掉你的維生裝置
Excuse me?
什么?
Denny has amended his living will to grant you power of attorney
丹尼更改了他的生前遺囑,賦予你律師的權利
so you can enforce the DNR clause.
所以你可以執行放棄搶救(DNR)條款
Just in case, uh, you know...
只是以防萬一,恩,你知道
Since Cap Weinberger died, I need someone else to pull my plug.
自從Cap Weinberger死后,,我需要其他人來拔掉我的插頭,(Cap Weinberger曾為美國國防部長)
You're up, Alan. I've got a slot open.
該你了,艾倫,我為你留下了簽名的地方
Hancock?
筆
I'm sorry, Barry. We'll have to take care of this another time.
對不起,巴里,我們下次再說吧
We are so screwed on the Clifford Cabot case.
我們在,克利福德·卡伯特一案上搞得一團糟
Really? Oh, I'm sorry.
真的嗎?哦,真可惜
And you were so eager to get on that one, too.
你是那么地希望它順利
I know.
我知道
I thought we had a real strong argument
我以為我們有一個很強的論據
that his encounter with the crazy hooker was just part of his crazy academic research,
遇見這個瘋狂的妓女,不過是他瘋狂的學術研究的一部分
but it turns out he videotaped the whole thing.
但是結果他拍下來了所有的事情
He videotaped it?
他錄下來了?
Yeah. And it's not one of those blurry nightvision videos.
是的,而且不是模糊的夜視錄像
This one is crystal clear.
這個清楚得毫發畢現
But the important thing is,
但是重要的是
he filmed it.
他錄下來了
He made a film.
他錄了一個錄像帶
A film which is protected under the first amendment.
第一修正案所保護的錄像帶
Uh, Denise.
啊,丹尼斯
Paul, uh, I can't, not now.
保羅,啊,我不能,不是現在
Shirley, I had a thought.
雪莉,我有一個想法
Ride with me.
和我一起乘電梯
Get out!
出去
No!
不
And if he filmed it for distribution to entertain an audience,
要是他錄下來是為了娛樂用途
that's pornography, which is protected under the first amendment.
那就是色情電影,受第一修正案保護
Good thinking.
好想法
What is that pounding?
這是什么聲音?
This building has a lot of quirks. Haven't you noticed?
這棟樓有很多奇怪的地方,你沒有發現嗎?
Great.
太好了
I need your help.
我需要你的幫助
Hannah, this is Rachel Lewiston.
漢納,這是瑞秋·劉易斯頓
Hi, Hannah.
你好,漢納
Hi.
嗨
I'm just gonna be out there.
我出去一下
Well, nothing awkward about this, is there?
恩,這沒有什么尷尬的,是嗎?
I'm sorry, but why am I even talking to you?
對不起,但是為什么我要和你說話呢
Honestly, 'cause your uncle is a little lame.
誠實的說,因為你的叔叔有點無力
Yeah, he thought I could help you,
是的,他認為我能幫助你
but the only thing I can think to do is to tell you about Jenny Diner.
但是我能想到唯一可以做的事就是,告訴你關于Jenny Diner的事
Who?
誰?
She was a girl I met in rehab.
她是在我在康復中心遇見的一個女孩
I was there recently.
我最近在那里
Jenny's about your age, angry as hell.
詹妮差不多和你一樣大,非常憤怒
We got along great.
我們相處得很好
I mean, there were other addicts there who I had more in common with,
我的意思是,我可能和別的癮君子有更多的共同點
but Jenny and I, um,
但是詹妮和我,恩
well, we really understood each other.
恩,我們真的很了解彼此
I, um...
我,恩
I mentioned it to one of the counselors one day.
我有一天對一個顧問提到了這個
He said he wasn't surprised.
他說他并不驚奇
They've done studies that show
他們做了一個試驗
that drug and alcohol abuse stunts your emotional growth.
顯示說濫用毒品和酒精可以阻礙你的情感成長
Whatever age you start abusing, that's the age you are emotionally,
不管你是從什么時候開始服用的,那就是你的心理年齡
so even though I'm pushing the big 40,
所以雖然我已經快40了
and I'm raising a 3yearold, in many ways, I'm still 16,
我有一個3歲的孩子,但在很多方面,我還是16歲
which is why my father's stare can still make me feel 2 feet tall.
也正因為此我爸爸的凝視,仍然讓我覺得自己只有兩英尺高
And why my best friend and confidant in rehab was a 16 year old hooked on heroin.
也正因此,我在康復中心,最好的朋友和知心是一個吸毒的16歲女孩
I don't do drugs.
我不吸毒
Hannah
漢納...
I just want to tell you
我只想告訴你
the one thing I learned the really, really hard way,
我好不容易,真的好不容易學到的一件事
and that is you have to own your crap.
你必須自食其果
What you do, what you say, who you hurt,
你所作的 你所說的 你所傷害的
you have to own all of it.
你必須都自食其果
And if you don't want to be stuck here at age 16 for the rest of your life,
要是你不想后半生都停滯在16歲
you're gonna have to tell people what happened.
你要告訴人們發生了什么
Your honor, the defense's motion to dismiss is absurd.
閣下,被告及其辯護人,要求無罪釋放的要求是荒謬的
We have a videotape which clearly shows that the defendant was caught fully...
我們有一個錄像,清晰地顯示被告被逮倒時完全是在
in the commission of the illegal act.
從事非法行為
It used to be called in flagrante delicto,
這通常被稱為當場抓捕
but people don't speak as colorfully anymore.
但是人們不再那么帶有色彩地說了
It's a damn shame, too.
這也是個該死的羞恥
Ms. Stanger.
Stanger小姐
Professor Cabot was indeed in that motel room.
卡伯特教授確實在那個汽車旅館的房間里
He did purchase the services of Lafonda Raymond,
他確實購買了Lafonda Raymond的服務
and he did set up his camera and make a videotape,
他架起他的攝像機,錄制了一盤錄像帶
and that is why these charges should be dismissed.
這就是為什么要解除對他的指控
I'm not following you, Ms. Stanger.
我不太明白,Stanger小姐
Your honor, professor Cabot was not engaged in an act of prostitution.
閣下,卡伯特教授并非在嫖娼
He was, in fact, making a pornographic movie,
他事實上,在制作一盤色情電影
and as a result, everything he did is protected under the first amendment.
所以,他所作的一切都是受第一修正案保護的
Oh, come on.
哦,算了吧
Your honor, professor Cabot is a distinguished professor and budding director,
閣下,卡伯特教授是一位優秀的教授,,也是一名初涉影壇的導演
but unlike many other firsttime independent filmmakers...
但是與很多其他第一次,獨立拍攝電影的制作人不同
Please!
拜托
Professor Cabot comes to his subject after years of study and research,
卡伯特教授在經過了多年的學習和研究,之后才開始從事這個活動
which will only serve to broaden and deepen
這只是為了擴大深化
the potential impact of his cinematic creation.
他電影制作的潛在影響力
Wow.
哇嗚
I hope you can see through this ridiculous smokescreen.
我希望你能看穿這層可笑的煙霧彈
It doesn't matter if the defendant is a professor or a bog worker.
被告人是名教授還是沼澤工人毫無關系
It doesn't matter if he had ten cameras rolling the whole time.
他有十臺攝像機同時運轉也毫無干系
The fact is, he paid to have sex with a prostitute, and that's against the law.
事實是,他付給妓女錢以發生性關系,這是違法的
Your honor, I have a witness who will prove my argument.
閣下,我有一名證人來證實我的論點
Mr. Craven, have you had a chance to look at the film made by professor Cabot?
克雷文先生,你有機會看到卡伯特教授所制作的電影嗎?
Yes.
是的
In your expert opinion as a filmmaker, what is professor Cabot doing in the film?
作為一名電影制作人,從您的專業觀點來看,卡伯特教授在電影里做什么?
Well, he's acting, he's directing the action
恩,他在表演,他在導演動作
and, of course, he's screwing.
當然,他也參與其中
As part of his performance?
是他表演的一部分嗎?
Yes.
是的
So we have acting, directing, cinematography...
所以我們有表演,導演,電影術
If you include his humming, he's doing the score.
要是你是指包括他的低吟,他在使表演更精彩
We're talking about a film here, aren't we?
我們這里說的是電影不是嗎?
Oh, yes.
哦,是的
Now I think we would all agree that this isn't a particularly good film.
現在我想我們都會同意,這不是一個非常好的電影
Oh, boy.
哦,天呢
But let me ask you this.
但是讓我問你這個問題
Is this film, a film produced and directed by professor Cabot,
這個電影,卡伯特教授所制作并導演的電影
starring himself and Lafonda,
以他自己和Lafonda為主角
is it the worst film you've ever seen?
是你所看過的最糟糕的電影嗎?
No, not by a long shot.
不,就長鏡頭電影來說不是的
It was just stuff from the drug store, prescriptions.
只是從藥店買來的藥品,處方藥品
It was safe.
它是安全的
No, not for Ryan.
不,對賴安來說不是
Everybody's on something.
每個人都要依靠一些東西
I have friends who have to take a pill to wake up in the morning,
我有些朋友需要服一片藥,來幫助他們早上醒來
to go to sleep, to study.
來入睡,來學習
I need to take something to calm down before a test.
我需要服點什么來讓自己在測驗前平靜下來
Hannah, I'm not here to judge.
漢納,我不是來評判的
Yes, you are.
是的你是
Everyone is.
每個人都是
They're trying to pin this whole thing on me,
他們打算把整件事都栽到我身上
and I didn't organize the party,
不是我組織的聚會
and I didn't bring all the drugs.
也不是我帶來的所有藥品
Okay.
好的
But, um...
但是,恩
I gave Ryan the meds that killed him.
是我給了賴安那些殺死他的藥
I was just trying to make him better.
我只是想讓他感覺好一點.
You need to explain this to me.
你需要向我解釋這些
I can't. You don't know what it's like to be depressed.
我不能,你不知道壓抑是什么感覺
Sure I do.
我當然知道
No, you don't.
不,你不知道
Real depression affects you physically.
真正的抑郁在身體上影響著你
You literally can't get out of bed.
你簡直不能從床上爬起來
There's a weight pressing down on you all the time.
一直有一種重量沉沉地壓在你身上
You don't care if you eat, if you stink.
你不在乎你是否吃飯,發臭
It's all too much.
這太難受了
And Ryan had it.
賴安就是這樣
I told him to talk to his parents.
我讓他告訴他的父母
They told him to study harder and play sports after school.
他們告訴他更用功的學習,放學后做些運動
Ryan was drowning, and they couldn't see it.
賴安要死了,他們卻看不見
The night of the party,
聚會的那天晚上
I swear, I gave Ryan the exact dose that I was taking.
我發誓,我給賴安的劑量,完全是我所服用的劑量
He must have, you know, had something first, or he was drinking,
他一定是,你知道,先服用了某種東西,或者他喝了酒
or I don't know, he was allergic, but he wasn't supposed to die, though!
或者我不知道,他過敏,但是他不應該死掉
He wasn't supposed to die.
他不應該死掉
He wasn't supposed to.
他不應該
So it's true?
所以這是真的?
Wes Craven was your ace in the hole?
Wes Craven是你的秘密武器?
Paul, she was brilliant. Paul
她太棒了
I know we're not supposed to say clients are guilty,
我知道我們不應該說委托人是有罪的
but this guy was guilty, and she got him off.
但是這個人有罪,而她讓他脫身了
Oh...
哦
I'll see you guys.
呆會見
Marlene, tell me more. Marlene
再告訴我詳細點
Shirley, I realize there's no way that I can say this without sounding petty,
雪莉,我知道我說這個可能顯得有點小器
but that whole pornographyslash first amendment rights thing,
但是這個所有的色情電影的想法,第一修正案權利
that was my idea.
都是我的主意
Yeah, it sounds like you, but, Denise,
是的,聽起來就像你的,但是丹尼斯
she got to the elevator first.
她捷足先登了
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
I sometimes forget that you're famous.
我有時候會忘記你是個出名的人
I'm wellknown.
我是挺出名
What a small world.
多么小的世界
And what big...
多么大的...
You knew she'd be here.
你知道她會在這里
It's her favorite restaurant.
這是她最喜歡的餐館
My God, they're beautiful.
我的天,它們真漂亮
Courtney
考特尼!
Hey, hey, hey.
嘿嘿嘿
Knock it off, give her some space!
別這樣,給她點空間
What's the matter with you?
你怎么了?
Hey, hey.
嘿嘿
She's magnificent.
她太美了
Ever see the show she hosts?
你看過她主持的節目嗎?
It's called "the Phoenix. "
叫做《鳳凰》
Is it about mythology?
是關于神話的嗎?
Oh, yeah, people would watch that.
哦,是的,應該看看
No, it's a reality show.
不,是個真人秀
They take these wrecked broads and make them look, uh, pretty.
他們拿些破木板,然后讓它們看起來,啊,很漂亮
She could at least have shared a drink with me.
她最起碼應該和我喝杯酒
Why should she? You stalked her.
為什么她應該,你跟蹤她
I did not stalk her.
我沒跟蹤她
You found out where she eats. You showed up. That's stalking.
你找到她在哪里吃飯,你現身,這就是跟蹤
All right, why are you still miffed at me?
好吧,你為什么對我生氣?
I'm not miffed, Denny.
我沒有生氣,丹尼
You're miffed enough to ruin my meal.
你的生氣足夠來毀掉我的晚餐
I thought being my plugpuller would be an honor.
我以為拔我的插頭是個榮譽
It is. And I'm not saying I don't want to be the one to pull your plug.
那是的,我沒說我不想拔你的插頭
I just felt the way the whole package was presented to me was wrong.
我只是覺得將所有都準備好了,才讓我知道是錯的
I just told you to sign my document.
我只是告訴你簽我的文件
Exactly. With something as monumental as that,
確實是,像那樣大的事情
you don't just push a piece of paper in one's face.
你不應該把一張紙推到一個人的面前
You discuss it first.
你應該先討論一下
We've discussed it plenty of times. You said you would shoot me.
我們討論過很多次了,你說過你可以向我射擊
There's a difference between talking about it and signing a legal document.
討論和簽署一個法律文件是不同的
You're a fricking lawyer for God's sake. That's what you do!
看在上帝的份上,你是個律師,那是你的職業
With others, yes. When it comes to my personal life,
對別人來說,是的,但是對我的個人生活來說
I don't actually sign contracts at the drop of a hat.
我不會別人一張口就簽署合約
When I say I'll do something, I do it, regardless of a piece of paper.
當我說我要做什么的時候,我就會做,不去管有沒有文件
And I expect people to hold me to my word.
我也希望人們拿我的話當真
What's the matter with you?
你是怎么了?
People don't do that anymore.
人們不再那樣做了
And you certainly can't expect the hospital to acknowledge your word.
你肯定也不能期望醫院承認你的話
In this case, I can see that.
在這種情況下,我可以知道
Well, are you gonna sign the damn thing or not?
哦,你到底要不要簽這個該死的東西?
Okay.
好吧
I apologize.
我道歉
How about I ask you properly?
我換個問法怎么樣?
Okay.
好吧
Would you do me the honor of killing me?
我有這個榮幸讓你殺掉我嗎?
I will.
我會的
Waiter, champagne.
侍者,香檳
This is just a nightmare.
這簡直是個噩夢
It is, but...
是的,但是
we've got a case.
我們有個案子
Oh, thank God.
哦,謝天謝地
Hannah had a very compelling motive for giving Ryan those pills,
漢納有很強烈的動機要給賴安那些藥片
and I'm almost positive that I can plead out.
我幾乎可以確定我能幫助她認罪減刑
She told you she gave him the pills?
她告訴你她給了他藥片?
Yes.
是的
And I believe that she was trying to help him,
我相信她是為了幫助他
and I think she can convince the DA, too.
我相信她也可以說服地區檢察官
Well, if she pleads guilty, will she get probation?
要是她請求有罪,那她會得到緩刑嗎?
No.
不
It's, she's probably gonna have to do some time in a juvenile facility, maybe a year.
她很可能要青少年機構里服刑一段時間,也許是一年
No, it would kill her, Brad.
不,這會害死她,布拉德
She's a sick girl!
她有病的
I'll get the best deal that I can,
我會盡力讓她得到最好的待遇
but I'm certain it's gonna involve some jail time.
但是我確定肯定要判一段時間刑
A kid died, Beth.
一個孩子死了,貝絲
What if she says she didn't do it?
要是她說她沒有做過呢?
But she did it.
但是她做了
Yeah, well, there were a lot of other kids at that party.
是的,嗯,在那個聚會上還有很多其他孩子
That, that one, Jason has a prior drug conviction.
那個,那一個,詹森有吸毒前科
What if Hannah just keeps her mouth shut?
要是漢納不說呢?
Beth, what are you asking me to do?
貝絲,你要我做什么?
I'm asking you to do what's best for your niece.
我要你做對你的侄女最有利的事情
What's best for her is to tell the truth
對她最有利的就是講出實情
and get this behind her and to get on with her life.
讓她忘掉這件事,開始新的生活
No, what's best is to keep her out of jail.
不,對她最好的事就是不讓她進監獄
I'm not gonna pin this on some other kid when I know that Hannah did it.
我知道是漢納做的,,我就不會誣陷別的孩子
Then I'm getting another lawyer.
那么我再找個律師
Hi, Denise.
嗨,丹尼斯.
Marlene
馬琳.
You know, those girls were right.
你知道,這些女孩是對的
We really do make a pretty good team.
我們確實是個非常優秀的團隊
I like the way we bounce ideas off each other.
我喜歡我們從彼此那里得到靈感
Well, you know what they say, Marlene.
你知道他們說什么,馬琳
You can't beat an idea whose time has come, and, Marlene,
不是不報,時候未到,馬琳
your time is coming.
你的時候到了
Does my mom know we're having this conversation?
我的媽媽知道我們的這次對話嗎?
Hannah, your mother,
漢納,你的媽媽
she likes perfect endings.
她喜歡完美的結局
Tell me about it.
說說看
There's no perfect ending here.
這里沒有完美的結局
There's a lousy one,
只有糟糕的
where a kid is dead, you're held accountable,
一個孩子死了,你負了責
you end up serving six months, possibly a year in jail.
你會在監獄里服刑半年,也許是一年
Then there's a catastrophic one,
還有一個悲劇性的結局
where a kid is dead, you try to avoid being held accountable.
一個孩子死了,你試圖逃避責任
You roll the dice. You go to trial. You lose.
你碰碰運氣,你選擇上庭,你輸了
You end up serving three years, possibly more.
結果你就要服刑三年,可能更多
Now this perfect life that your mother was so determined for you to have, that's off the table.
現在你的媽媽堅持要你擁有的完美生活,沒有可能性
She's not seeing clearly on this.
她看不清這些
And you are?
你看清了?
I know the law,
我了解法律
and I know your mom.
我也了解你媽媽
Yes, I'm the one you should be listening to right now.
是的,我就是你現在所要聽從的人
Six months?
六個月?
Juvenile, minimum security.
少管所,最好的情況
I may even be able to do better, but you gotta trust me.
我可能還可以做得更好,但你要信任我
Okay, this is going to look like I am completely kissing your ass, and I am,
好吧,這看起來我是在拍馬屁,而我確實是
but look what I actually found in the cold aisle at the grocery store.
但是看看我在雜貨店的冰柜里找到了什么
"Schmidt" beer.
Schmidt啤酒
Well, would you look at that?
啊,看看這個
You know I'm good.
你知道我是很棒的
You're very good.
你是很棒的
I spent nine years working my tail off to make partner.
我花了九年的時間來努力工作要成為合伙人
In three minutes she comes in and tries to take my spot.
三分鐘她就進來了還試圖搶我的位子
Marlene?
馬琳?
Squid.
烏賊
Ruthless, horrible sea creature.
無情的可怕的海洋生物
It's so unfair when people like that win.
人們喜歡這種贏法真是不公平
So don't let her.
那就不要讓她贏
Right.
對
What?
什么?
You just kinda...
你有點
broke it for me.
打斷了我
Sorry.
對不起
No, it's not your fault.
不,這不是你的錯
It's this thing with my niece.
是我的侄女
We're friends with benefits.
我們是"互利朋友"
This is supposed to be our break from all those hassles.
本來的目的就是,從這些煩人的工作中獲得休息的機會
I just can't let it go.
我只是不能釋懷
Maybe it would help if you didn't think about it personally.
也許如果你不從私人的角度,來考慮這件事會有所幫助
You know, if you thought about it like an attorney.
你知道,要是你像一名律師一樣來想這件事
Okay.
好的
Brad, nothing excites you as much as the law.
布拉德,再沒有比法律更讓你激動的東西了
I know.
我知道
So imagine yourself...
所以想象一下你自己
standing tall in front of the jury box,
高高地站在陪審席前面
adrenaline pumping, juices flowing,
腎上腺素涌動著,揮灑汗水
the judge up there with his gavel,
法官在那里拿著法槌
banging,
邦
banging,
邦
banging.
邦
Oh, yeah.
哦,是的
I bet Marlene isn't getting laid right now.
我打賭馬琳還是老處女
Alan, I want you to know, when we get back to Boston, Alan
我想要你知道,我們回到波士頓后
first thing I'm gonna do is sign your living will, be your plugpuller.
我要做的第一件事就是簽署你的生前遺囑,做你的拔插頭者
You don't have to do that, Denny.
你不用這么做,丹尼
I want to do that.
我想要這么做
It meant a great deal to me
這對我來說意義重大
when you agreed to give me the, the big sendoff.
當你同意要給我這個,這個巨大的禮物
It was a great show of affection, of love.
這顯示了極大的關心,愛
You showed me yours. Now I want to show you mine.
你顯示了你的,現在我要顯示給你我的
I certainly appreciate that,
我很感謝
but the fact is my living will, as it were, is taken care of.
但事實是我的生前遺囑,有人照管
Well, we'll amend it.
那么,我們就修改它
There's really no need.
真的沒有必要
I want to.
我想要
You don't have to.
你不需要
But I want to.
但是我想要
It's fine. It's not.
沒關系的,有關系
I'm telling you it is.
我告訴你沒關系
I'm telling you it's not.
我告訴你有關系
What are we talking about?
我們在談什么?
My living will.
我的生前遺囑
Right. So first thing we get back,
對,所以我們回去后的第一件事
I sign on as your plugpuller, cased closed.
我簽署為你的拔插頭者,結案了
No.
不
Is there something you're not telling me? Is there somebody else?
是不是有什么事你沒有告訴我?是不是有其他人?
No, it's just I've made my arrangements.
不,只是我已經安排好了
It's not a particularly pleasant subject to revisit,
再重新審閱這個并不是一件很快樂的事
so I'm going to preserve the status quo.
所以我想維持現狀
You don't trust me.
你不信任我
I'd trust you.
我信任你
Not with this. Not with your life. Waiter, bring him the check. over the prospect of pulling the plug on the other.
在你的生命上不是,侍應生,讓他付帳
Denny
丹尼...
The trouble with you is your brain is so clogged up with big words,
你的問題就是你滿腦子都是宏篇大論
you don't have room for the stuff that's really important.
你沒有給那些真正重要的事留下空間
Trust in a friendship is a 2way street, or there's no friendship.
友誼中的信任是一條雙程道,否則就沒有友誼真正的友誼不包括一個人在,拔掉另一個的插頭方面無比輕率
I'm not giddy!
我不輕率
You are. I think part of you really wants to be the guy who kills me.
你是的,我覺得你有一部分,實際上很想成為殺死我的那個人
I just shot someone.
我開槍打了一個人
It's over here.
在那里
It's Courtney.
是考特尼
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Everything's gonna be all right.
一切都會沒事的
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Call 911.
撥911
Denny Crane. Crane, what's going on? Crane
丹尼·克蘭怎么了?
Who is that? Get out of the way.
是誰?別擋道
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Sir, sir, who are you?
先生,先生,你是誰?
No, he's still breathing.
不,他還有呼吸