This friend of mine had a kid, and it was a home birth, so he was there helping out and everything.
我有個朋友的孩子是在家里出生的,所以他在那兒幫忙。
And he said at that profound moment of birth, he was watching this child, experiencing life for the first time, I mean, trying to take its first breath.
他說生命降生之時的意義非凡,他看著他的孩子第一次體驗生命,試著第一次呼吸。
All he could think about was that he was looking at something that was gonna die someday.
他能想到的卻只是眼前這個生命總有一天會死去。
He just couldn't get it out of his head.
他無法驅散這個念頭。
And I think that's so true. You know, everything is so finite.
我覺得很真實,一切事物都是有限的。
But don't you think that's what makes our time and specific moments so important?
你是否覺得正因為這樣才使我們的時間和特殊時刻如此重要?
Yeah, I know.
是的,我明白。
It's the same for us tonight, though.
就像我們今晚一樣。
After tomorrow morning, we'll probably never see each other again, right?
過了明天早上,我們也許永遠都不會再見面,對嗎?
You don't think we'll ever see each other again?
你不認為我們還能見面?
What do you think? Well, gosh, I don't know.
你覺得呢? 天啊,我不知道。
I hadn't planned another... Me too. I mean I live in Paris, you live in the U.S.I totally understand.I'd hate to make you fly. You'd hate to fly, right?
我沒有別的計劃…… 我也是,我在巴黎,你在美國,我全能理解。我不想讓你來,你討厭飛行不是嗎?
I'm not so scared of flying. I mean, I could.
我并不那么害怕飛行。我是說我可以。