Do you need any help in the kitchen?
需要去廚房幫你嗎?
No, we got it. You guys make yourselves comfortable.
不用,有我們就夠了,你們自己隨意就好。
All right, hey, you two, we're here for Howard right now, okay?
你們倆記住,今晚的主角是霍華德,好嗎?
Yes, so please behave yourselves. - Fine. - Of course.
對啊,表現乖一點。-好吧。-沒問題。
So I heard you two, uh, wrote a paper together. How's that going?
我聽說你倆一起寫了一篇論文啊。結果怎么樣?
This food is amazing.
這些菜太好吃了。
Mm, and not a vegetable in sight.
而且一點蔬菜也沒有。
That's not true. We've got tomatoes right here.
錯了,這里有好多"番茄"呢。
All these bright people sitting around a table by candlelight. Feels like we could be an 18th century French salon.
一群聰明人圍著燭光坐成一圈,感覺仿佛回到了18世紀的法國沙龍。(沙龍最早出現于16世紀意大利)
Indeed. Penny, a salon is a gathering where intellectuals entertained each other with sparkling conversations about issues of the day.
沒錯。佩妮,沙龍是指知識分子們圍在一起討論時下最新的事件。
Oh, so it's like The View.
所以就跟《訪談》節目一樣嘛。
Sheldon, The View is a daytime talk show hosted by women.
謝爾頓,《訪談》是一檔女性主持的日間節目。
Oh, I'm aware. It features Whoopi Goldberg. She played Guinan on Star Trek: Next Gen. Penny, Next Gen refers to Star Trek...- Shut up.
我知道。里面有琥碧·戈博,她在《星際迷航·下一代》中扮演了吉南。佩妮,《下一代》是指星際迷航的... -閉嘴。
I would like to propose a salon topic.
我愿意提一個沙龍話題。
Ooh, please do, Rajesh.
愿聽其詳,拉杰什。
The lead in The Hunger Games is a woman. Marvel has made "Tor" a female.
《饑餓游戲》的主角是女人,漫威也將"托爾"改成了女性。
Wait, who's Tor?
等等,誰是托爾?
You know, Tor, the God of "Tunder."
你懂的吧,托爾,"雷神"啊。(其實是索爾Thor)
As I was saying, is this a sign that our society is approaching gender equality?
綜上所述,這是標志著我們的社會逐步走向性別平等嗎?
Certainly a lot more women are reading comic books now.
現在很多女性也愛看漫畫了。
It's true. At the store, I had to put a seat on the toilet.
這是真的。我還得為店里廁所裝上個馬桶坐墊。
We won't know if there's equality until female Thor has a baby and the Avengers are cool with her pumping breast milk at work.
在女索爾生孩子后,而其他復仇者們不介意她在工作場所擠母乳之前,性別平等還很難說。
I wonder if only a baby who is worthy can suckle at the bosom of Thor.
我在想什么樣的孩子才有資格能吸雷神的奶子。(雷神之錘梗)