Well, I kissed Alana Bloom.
我吻了阿拉娜·布魯姆
Well, come in.
請進吧
You have a guest?
你有客人嗎
A colleague. You just missed him.
一名同僚,他剛離開
Didn't finish his dinner.
連晚餐都沒吃完
An urgent call of some sort. He had to leave suddenly.
他接到通緊急電話,得馬上去處理
This benefits you, because I have dessert for two.
你來得正好,因為我準備了兩人份的甜點
Tell me, what was Alana's reaction?
跟我說說,阿拉娜當時什么反應
She said she wouldn't be good for me, and I wouldn't be good for her.
她說她不合適我,而我也不合適她
I don't disagree.
我很同意
She would feel an obligation to her field of study to observe you, and you would resent her for it.
她會認為觀察你是她研究領域內的義務,而你會因此厭惡她
I know.
我知道
Wondering then why you kissed her, and felt compelled to drive an hour in the snow to tell me about it.
我想知道你為什么當時吻了她,并認為有必要在雪中開一個小時的車來告訴我
Well, I wanted to kiss her since I met her. She's very kissable.
自我見到她時起,我就一直想吻她。她的唇很誘人
You waited a long time, which suggests you were kissing her for a reason, in addition to wanting to.
你之前忍了那么久,說明你吻她除了想這么做之外,一定有別的原因
I heard an animal trapped in my chimney.
我聽到有動物困在我的煙囪里
Broke through the wall to get it out. Didn't find anything inside.
我鑿穿墻想救它出來。結果發現里面什么都沒有