Very sad.
真悲慘
You had me examining PhD candidates that week.
那周你讓我審查博士生
And I'm grateful you were examining PhD students and not the Ripper.
我很慶幸你當時審查的是那些學生,而非開膛手
You realize those candidates thought we were having an affair. Why didn't we?
你知道那些博士生認為我們在交往嗎?為什么不試試呢
You were already having an affair. Will does that too, you know.
你已經在與人交往了。威爾也會那么做
What? Have affairs?
什么,與人交往嗎
Flirtatiously change the subject. You have that pathology in common.
用輕佻的手法轉移話題。你們都有這種病狀
Or we just have you in common.
或者說我們都有你
I recall even before I met Will, you never spoke about him.
我想起來在我遇見威爾之前,你從未提起過他
Probably because I just want everybody to leave him alone.
也許是因為我想讓所有人都離他遠點兒
It's not even about Will.
這和威爾無關
Jack's obsessed with the Chesapeake Ripper and he's grooming Will to catch him.
杰克沉迷于切薩皮克開膛手,鼓動威爾去抓他
And I sincerely hope he does.
我真誠地希望他能成功