Chandler: Hey! Hey!
嘿! 嘿!
Chandler: Hey hey hey. So what happened? Did a forest tick you off?
怎么回事,森林惹到你了?
Joey: No. You know how we're always saying we need a place for the mail.
我們一直說需要一個放信件的地方。
Chandler: Yeah! Well, I started building one. But then I decided to take it to the next step.
哇! 所以我就動工了,然后呢 我決定更上一層樓。
Chandler: You're building a post office?
你要蓋郵局?
Joey: No, an entertainment unit, with a mail cubby built right in. It's a one day job, max.
不是,是一個娛樂專用柜。內含信件柜。頂多一天就能搞定。
Chandler: Ok. My word! Those are snug.
好。天吶!還真貼身啊。
Joey: Oh yeah. These are my old work pants, Sergio Valente's.
這是我的舊工作褲。"塞爾吉奧瓦倫特"。
Joey: Power saw kinda got away from me there.
剛才電鋸有點失控。
Rachel: Hey Pheebs. Hey! Any sign of your brother?
嘿,菲比。 嘿! 你弟出現了嗎?
Phoebe: No, but he's always late.
還沒,不過他很愛遲到。
Rachel: I thought you only met him once?
你不是只見過他一次?
Phoebe: Yeah, I did. I think it sounds like you know big sistery, you know, 'Frank's always late.' So.
是啊。這樣講很像姐姐的樣子,"弗蘭克老是遲到"。
Rachel: Well relax, he'll be here.
別急,他會來的。
Phoebe: No, I know, I'm just nervous. You know I, it's just you know mom's dead, don't talk to my sister, Grandma's been sleeping a lot lately.
我知道,我只是很緊張。我媽死了,我不和我姐說話。外婆最近都在睡覺。
It's just like the last desperate chance to have a family, you know, kinda thing. You're so sweet to wait with me.
這是我擁有家人的最后機會。你真好,還陪我等。
Rachel: Well, actually Gunther sent me. You're not allowed to take cups out here, it's a thing.
事實上,是甘瑟叫我來的,杯子不能拿出來。
Chandler: Does anyone else think David Copperfield is cute?
還有誰覺得大衛科波菲爾可愛?
Monica: No, but he told me, he thinks you're a fox.
沒有,不過他告訴我,他覺得你是個迷人的時髦女郎。
Chandler: All right, Janice, likes him. In fact she likes him so much she put him on her freebie list.
珍妮絲喜歡他。事實上,她非常喜歡他,把他放進她的"免費贈品"名單里。
Joey: Her what?
她的什么?
Chandler: Well, we have a deal, where we each get to pick five celebrities that we can sleep with, and the other one can't get mad.
我們說好,一人可以挑五個名人上床。另一個人不準生氣。
Ross: Ah, the heart of every healthy relationship. Honesty, respect, and sex with celebrities.
每一對兒健康男女關系的中心是:誠實、尊重、與名人上床。
Monica: So, Chandler, who's on your list?
你的名單有誰?
Chandler: Ah, Kim Basinger, Cindy Crawford, Halle Berry, Yasmine Bleeth, and ah, Jessica Rabbit.
金貝辛格、辛迪克勞馥、哈利貝、杰絲敏布麗絲和兔子杰西卡。
Chandler: Ah, Now, you do realize that she's a cartoon, and way out of your league?
你知道她是卡通人物,而且和你不是一個物種吧?
Chandler: I know, I know, I just always wondered if I could get her eyes to pop out of her head.
我知道,我是看看,我能不能讓她的眼珠彈出來。
Joey: Man this is such a great thing. You know, Annie Esposito would never have dumped me had we had a list like this, you know?
這真是個好主意。如果我當初也有這么一個名單的話,安妮也不會甩了我,你知道嗎?
Oh, and also of course if her sister was famous. Hey, Monica, who would yours be?
哦,當然了,如果她妹妹是名人的話。嘿,莫妮卡,你會選誰?
Monica: First, I need a boyfriend, then I can have a list.
我得先交男朋友,才能列名單。
Joey: It's a game Mon. Rach, how about you?
只是個游戲,莫。瑞秋,你呢?
Rachel: Oh, I don't know, I guess, Chris O'Donnell, John F.Kennedy, Jr. , Daniel Day Lewis, Sting, and Parker Stevenson.
不曉得,應該是克里斯奧唐納、 小約翰F肯尼迪丹、尼爾戴路易斯、史汀和帕克斯蒂文森。
Spiderman?
《蜘蛛俠》?
Rachel: Hardy Boy.
《硬漢》。
Chandler: Peter Parker. Thank you.
是彼得帕克。 謝謝。
Rachel: What about you honey, who would be on your list?
你呢?你會選誰?
Ross: Why, you know, that that kinda thing requires some serious thought.
這種事需要深思熟慮。
First, I'll divide my prospective candidates into categories...
我會先把可能人選分門別類
Chandler: What a geek!
怪人!
Phoebe: Everybody this is Frank! This is my half brother Frank. Oh, hi.
各位,這是弗蘭克,我同父異母的弟弟。 哦,嘿。
Phoebe: This is everybody. This is, this is Ross.
就是他們。這是羅斯。
Frank: How are you? Hey.
你好嗎? 嘿。
Phoebe: Chandler. Hi. Hi. Joey. Hey hey! Hey. This is Monica.
錢德。 嘿。 喬伊。 嘿。 嘿。 這是莫妮卡。
Frank: Whoa! And this is Rachel. Hi! Whoa! !
哇! 這是瑞秋。 嘿。 哇!!
Phoebe: I'm gonna get coffee, for us.
我去倒點咖啡。
Frank: Hey, how do you guys get anything done?
你們男人怎么有心思做得了事?
Chandler: We don't, really.
我們是沒做什么事。
Rachel: Well, so now, do you guys have a lot of big plans?
你們有什么計劃嗎?
Phoebe: Oh yeah! Yeah, no, we're gonna connect, you know bond, and everything.
有,我們要好好的聯絡感情。
Frank: Yeah, I was thinking maybe we could go out down to Time Square and pick up some ninja stars.
我們會去時代廣場,買幾個忍者明星。
And, oh, um, my friend Larry, he wants me to take a picture of a hooker.
我朋友,賴瑞,托我拍妓女的照片。
Chandler: You know, we really don't take advantage of living in the city. I know.
我們都沒有充分利用住在這里的優勢。 我知道。
Joey: Oh, sorry. Did I get ya?
抱歉,我鉆到你了?
Chandler: No, you didn't get me! It's an electric drill, you get me, you kill me!
沒有,你沒有鉆到我!那是電鉆。你要是鉆到我,我就死了!
Joey: Calm down, do you want this unit or not?
別激動,你要不要這個柜子嘛?
Chandler: I do NOT want this unit! !
我不要這個柜子!
Joey: Well, you should've told me that before, I'm not a mind reader.
你應該早告訴我的,我又不會讀心術。
Hey, we're out of beer. Ok, I'm going to Monica's.
沒有啤酒了,我要去莫妮卡那邊。
Chandler: Fine!
很好!
Monica: Hey! Where're ya heading in those pants? 1982?
你穿這樣要去哪里?1982年?
Joey: Oh Monica, listen, I ah, I saw down at the hardware store, they got those designer tiles on sale, if you wanna redo your bathroom floor.
對了,我在裝潢建材店,看到名牌瓷磚在特價。你可以重鋪浴室地板。
Monica: What's wrong with my bathroom floor?
我的浴室地板怎么了?
Joey: Nothing. It's just old and dingy, that's all.
沒什么,只是又舊又暗。
Monica: I highly doubt that.
沒有這回事。
Joey: Oh yeah? If you ah, move your hamper, you can see the color the tile used to be. Yeah.
真的?你把筐移開,就能看到瓷磚原來的顏色。
Monica: I can't live like this! What what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do?
這樣我怎么??!怎么辦?
Joey: Relax, relax. Here, hold this. This old stuff comes right up. I'll show ya.
別激動,拿著。瓷磚一撬就掉,我弄給你看。
Monica: Little more than I wanted to see.
我沒想到你要撬它。
Joey: Aw! Look at that, every inch of this is glued down. It'd take forever to pry this up.
哇!你看看,黏得多死啊。撬也撬不完。
You should ah, you should just leave it.
我看你別管了。
Monica: I can't leave it! You gouged a hole in my dingy floor.
怎么能不管,你在我的舊地板上撬了個洞。
Joey: Eh! There you go.
這樣就好了。
Monica: Aww. Yeah that's nice, you know we could put it back there after the surgeons remove it from your colon!
挺好的。等外科醫生把這個從你的結腸取出來之后就可以放回原位了!
Give me a new floor!
還我一個新地板!
Joey: l can't. Monica. Chandler will kill me if l don't finish the unit.
不行,我要是完不成那個柜子錢德會殺了我。
Monica: l'll pay you double what he's paying you.
我會付你雙倍于他給你的價格 .
Joey: He's not paying me anything.
他沒給我錢。
Monica: Triple.
三倍。
Phoebe: Oh, ew! What?
哦! 什么?
Phoebe: Yeah, I know what I wanted to ask you. Um, can you roll your tongue?
我知道我要問什么了,你會卷舌頭嗎?
'cause I can, and my mom couldn't, and I thought you know, I figured that was something I got from our dad.
因為我會,但是我媽不會。我想那一定是爸的遺傳。
Frank: What, wait, you mean like this?
等一下,你是說這樣?
Phoebe: Yeah, yeah. You can do it too, yeah.
對,你也會。
Frank: You're not doing it.
你沒有卷啊。
Phoebe: Oh right, ok, yeah, my mom could, and I can't. We don't have that...
好吧。所以是我媽會,我不會。我們這一點不一樣
Frank: When's your birthday?
你的生日是哪一天?
Phoebe: February 16th.
2月16日。
Frank: I know a guy who's the 18th.
我認識一個18日的人。
Phoebe: That's close. When's yours?
蠻近的。你的生日呢?
Frank: October 25th.
10月25日。
Phoebe: That's the same month as Halloween. Yeah.
跟萬圣節同一個月。 是的。
Phoebe: Yeah. So, um, what kinda things do you like to do at home?
你在家里喜歡做什么?
Frank: Melt stuff.
熔化東西。
Ross: Ok, I've got three of my five.
好,我已經挑了三個。
Rachel: Three of your five, what?
三個什么?
Ross: Celebrities I'm allowed to sleep with.
可以上床的名人。
Rachel: Oh my God! You are giving this a lot of thought.
天哪,你還真慎重。
Ross: Hey, it's hard, ok? I only have two spots left.
很難挑好嗎?我只剩兩個空缺。
Chandler: All right, so who you got it narrowed down to?
你篩選出誰了?
Ross: Okay, Elizabeth Hurely.
伊麗莎白赫莉。
Chandler: Oooh hoo, very attractive, forgiving.
哦,很迷人,心胸寬大。
Ross: Susan Sarandon.
蘇珊莎蘭登。
Chandler: Eh, You know what? She's too political.
她太熱衷政治了。
She'd probably make you donate four cans of food first.
她可能會叫你先捐四個罐頭。
Ross: And Isabella Rosselini.
還有伊莎貝拉羅塞里尼。
Ross: Very hot. Very sexy.
很辣、很性感。
But ah, you know, she's too international, you know she's never gonna be around.
但是太國際化了,她不會跑來美國的。
Rachel: So? So, you gotta play the odds, pick somebody who's gonna be in the country like all the time.
所以呢? 所以你得掌握勝算。挑一個會一直在國內的人。
Rachel: Yeah, 'cause that's why you won't get Isabella Rosselini, geography.
對啊,你之所以得不到她,是地理因素。
Phoebe: Ok so, by melting, you meant melting.
你說的"熔化"就是熔化啊。
Frank: Yeah.
是啊。
Phoebe: So is it like art?
這是藝術嗎?
Frank: Yeah, you can melt art. Hey, can I use your phone?
要熔化藝術也可以??梢越鑲€電話嗎?
Phoebe: Um, yeah sure. Why, you wanna call your mom?
當然,你要打給你媽?
Frank: No, I wanna melt it. No, just the numbers. It'll still work.
不是,我想拿來熔化。只溶化數字鍵,這樣電話還能用。
Phoebe: Oh, well um, not right now.
現在不行。
You know what I think I'm just gonna go to bed, I think the fumes are giving me a headache, so.
我要去睡了,煙熏得我頭痛。
Frank: Yeah!
好!
Phoebe: Good night. , bro.
晚安,老弟。
Frank: Good night.
晚安。
Phoebe: Here. You know, just in case.
拿去。以防萬一。
Frank: Oh, excellent.
太好了。
Monica: What kind of karate is that?
那是什么空手道?
Phoebe: No kind. He just makes it up.
什么都不是。那是他自創的。
Monica: So how's it go with you guys?
你們處得怎樣?
Phoebe: So far, it kind of blows.
目前為止還是蠻爛的。
I don't know, I just thought, you know, that he'd feel more like a brother,
我以為他會更有兄弟的感覺,
you know, like you and Ross, just like close and connected and...
就像你和羅斯,親密融洽
Monica: Oh honey, we're close now but you you wouldn't believe the years of of nugies, and wedgies, and flying wedgies, and atomic wedgies, and...
哦甜心,現在是很親,但是以前我們敲腦殼,扯內褲,飛翔級扯內褲,原子級扯內褲
That's where the waistband actually goes over your head.
然后褲腰就會被扯到頭上來。
Phoebe: Ah! ! Oh, we used to drive each other crazy playing the shadow game.
啊??! 我們還玩影子游戲讓對方發狂。
Phoebe: Oh, how do you play the shadow game? Oh, how do you play the shadow game?
什么是影子游戲? 什么是影子游戲?
Phoebe: I just asked you. I just asked you.
我在問你啊。 我在問你啊。
Phoebe: I don't have time for this.
我沒空跟你鬧。
Monica: No, that is what the game is. Which you just gave up really quickly.
這就是影子游戲。 你放棄得真快。
Chandler: Have you seen Joey? What's the matter?
有看到喬伊嗎? 怎么了?
Chandler: Oh, just this! You know what, it's my fault really, because the couch is where we usually keep the varnish.
就是這個!其實是我不好,沙發就是用來放亮光漆的。
Joey: Hey, somebody wanna hand me one of those tiles?
有沒有人把瓷磚拿給我?
Chandler: What's going on? He's retiling my floor.
怎么回事?他在幫我重鋪地板。