Thanks for coming in, guys.
感謝大家過來
This is fantastic. You got a great record.And... I missed it on the first listen,but I don't want to miss it again.
很精彩 你的專輯很不錯 第一次試聽的時候我錯過了它 我不想再錯過第二次了
We're very glad that you like it. So...
很高興你喜歡這張專輯 那...
Well, I reached out to some of my studio connects in LA,and I was thinking we can get the first track placed in a... in a film, the right film.There's also pilot season right now.
我和洛杉磯工作室的朋友聯系了一下 我在想把其中的一首歌作為電影的插曲 先發布出去 眼下正是試播季
Yeah, we're not interested in any of that stuff.
但我們對那些不感興趣
OK, so then... what are you interested in?What are we doing here?
好吧 那你對什么感興趣 我們今天要討論什么
Well, I think Dan needs his job back.
我覺得丹得回來上班
Yeah, sure. What? Take my office. I don't care.
當然了 坐我的辦公室 我不在意
OK, all right, so how, I mean...I guess I want to know... how does this work?We put the album out, we sell it for...?
好了 我想問是怎么...我想知道要怎么運作 我們發布專輯 要怎么出售
Let's say an album costs ten dollars a unit.The artist gets a dollar.
比如一張專輯賣十美元 藝人分到一美元
Same in publishing... it's a buck for a book.
出版界也是這個分成 一本書一塊錢
I think I'm just thinking for this specifically...to get my head around it...
我得先好好捋一下思路想想是怎么回事
Um, I mean, the album, it doesn't have any overhead,because... we did it. Yeah.
這張專輯不再需要什么其他費用了 因為我們已經做完了 是的
And then distribution, I mean, it's not gonna go in stores,it's gonna go online,and publicity would be, what, word of mouth?
再來是發售 也不會進實體店銷售 是網絡發售 宣傳也只是...口口相傳就行了吧
So I think what I'm wondering is...why do you get nine out of ten of my dollars?
所以我在考慮 為什么你們要拿走九成收入呢
Gretta, you're a very smart young woman,and, uh, you're a determined artist,and you have a... you have a wonderful project here.
格蕾塔 你是個聰明的年輕女人 同時也是有志向的藝人 這張專輯也很了不起
And with the right team behind you to push you and guide you in the right direction and maybe hire a producer to remix a couple tracks,you could have a hit record and a very long career,but, you know, ultimately, that's... that's up to you.
如果擁有合適的團隊來推廣指導你往正確的方向發展 或者再請個制作人重編幾首歌 專輯很可能會大賣 事業長紅 但歸根結底 還是得聽你的
Ah, you had them. You wound him up.
你吃定他們了 完全拿下
I know. It's amazing when you're not actually that interested,you always win the hand.
是啊 當你沒抱那么大希望的時候 卻總是有意外驚喜
Yeah, that's never really worked out that well for me.
這招對我好像沒什么用
I mean, I found it worked very well. Yeah.
但我覺得很有效 沒錯
You're gonna get a deal.
你會拿到合約的
That asshole is gonna give you a deal, babe.
那混球會跟你簽約的 寶貝
You might have to compromise a little bit, but...Never. Of course.
可能你得做出一些妥協 絕不 當然了
Hey, we should do a bunch of these.
我們應該出一個系列
What do you mean? Could do, like, the, uh..."The European Series."I like that. "Paris Tapes." "Prague Sessions."
什么意思 可以做 比如..."歐洲系列" 我喜歡 "巴黎之音" "布拉格樂章"
"The Berlin... Recordings."Yes. Go all over Europe by rail.
"柏林...音像" 好哎 坐火車穿越整個歐洲
We could take the whole gang. You know? Rachel, Malcolm, Steve.
把樂隊都帶上 是吧 瑞秋 馬爾科姆 史蒂夫
So... So...
那么... 那么...
Look, I guess I'll see you in a while.Thank you.
咱們回頭見 謝謝你