She goes to Europe to work on a junket, and she ends up meeting and falling in love with a singer.
她去歐洲出公差 遇見一位歌手 墜入愛河
Bang, boom. Thunder, lightning.Fireworks. The whole bit.
干柴加烈火 砰然心動什么的
And...the arrangement was that they were gonna come back and tell their partners that they'd fallen in love and they were gonna spend the rest of their lives together.
他們原本計劃回家后向各自的家人坦白 然后就此共度余生
And so, I go to the airport to pick her up,and she just comes out with it, first off. Whole story.
那天 我去機場接她 她很爽快地跟我說了整件事
And next day, her bags are all packed,and we're telling Violet what's gonna happen.
第二天 東西都打包好了 我們一起告訴瓦萊特接下來的打算
So what did happen?
接下來怎么了
He choked. He got on the airplane,went back to his life, turned his phone off,
那男人退縮了 他上了飛機 回到他原本的生活 電話關機
and she never heard from him again. I move into another bedroom.
從此音訊全無 我搬去另一間臥室
She's waiting around for a phone call that never comes,
她一心等那個永遠等不來的電話
and I turn into a...I lose my shit a little bit.
而我也有點放縱自己了
I'm so sorry. No.
真是抱歉 不必
Maybe people in the music industry just don't make good life partners.
或許做音樂的人命里注定成不了好丈夫
Or fathers. Yeah, it certainly looks that way.
也不是好父親 看來如此
I didn't mean about the fathers bit.
不是針對后半句
You make a very good father.
你是個不錯的父親
Yeah, right. Maybe just not a good partner.
是嗎 或許不是好合作伙伴
What is that?
這是什么
This? Yeah.
這個嗎 對
That's a splitter.It's for, uh, two headphones going into one input.
分離器 接上它兩副耳機可以同時收聽
It's actually from my first date with Miriam.
和瑪麗安第一次約會時留下的
It is? What do you mean?
真的嗎 怎么說
We walked all over the city listening to her CD player.
我們逛遍整個城市 聽著她的隨身聽
I don't think we said more than two words to each other the whole night.
那天晚上我倆都沒怎么和對方說話
That was New Year's Eve, and we were married two months later.
那是新年夜 兩個月后我們就結婚了
Wow. That's lovely.What kind of music you got on your phone?
很棒的故事 你手機里有哪些歌
I'm not giving you access to my music library. I'm really not.
我不想和你分享歌單 真的不想
There's a lot of embarrassing, very guilty pleasures in there.
個人的小品味 要讓你見笑的
Mine, too.You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their playlist.
我也一樣 播放列表能讓你了解一個人
I know you can. That's what's worrying me.
我知道 所以我才擔心
So are we gonna do this? OK.
那要不要試一下 好吧
OK, let's do it.
試一下吧