The car was hired yesterday morning by an Ian Monkford. Banker of some kind. City boy. Paid in cash.
昨天上午有個叫伊安·蒙福德的人租走了這車,他是個銀行家。城里人,付的現金。
Told his wife he was going away on a business trip, never arrived.
他妻子說他去出差,卻一直沒抵達目的地。
You're still hanging round him. - Yeah, well...- Opposites attract, I suppose.
你還在跟他混啊。-對...-異性相吸吧。
No. We're not...You should get yourself a hobby. Stamps, - maybe. Model trains. Safer. - Before you ask, yes, it's Monkford's blood. DNA checks out.
不,我倆不是...你該培養點愛好,集郵啊-拼模型啊,比這安全多了。-不用問了,對,是蒙福德的血,DNA已經證實了。
No body.
沒有尸體。
Not yet.
暫時沒有。

Get a sample sent to the lab.
把血樣送到實驗室去。
Mrs Monkford...-Yes. Sorry, but I've already spoken with two policemen.
蒙福德太太 ...-是我,抱歉,我已經跟兩位警官敘述過了。
We're not from the police, we're...-Sherlock Holmes. Very old friend of your husband's. We, um...we grew up together.
我們不是警察,我們是...-夏洛克·福爾摩斯。你丈夫的舊友。我們...我們是發小。
I'm sorry. Who? I don't think he ever mentioned you.
抱歉,您是哪位,他從沒提起過你。
Oh, he must have done. This is...This is horrible. I mean, I just can't believe it. I only saw him the other day.
他肯定提過,這簡直...太恐怖了。我實在無法相信。我幾天前才見過他。
Same old Ian. Not a care in the world.
他還是老樣子,一臉的玩世不恭。
Sorry...My husband has been depressed for months. Who are you?
抱歉,我丈夫近幾個月一直很消沉。你到底是誰啊?
Really strange that he hired a car. Why would he do that? It's a bit suspicious, isn't it?
真奇怪,他怎么會租車呢。太奇怪了,很可疑,不是嗎?
No, it isn't. He forgot to renew the tax on the car, that's all.
沒什么奇怪的,他忘了交車稅了,僅此而已。
Ah, well! That was Ian. That was Ian all over.
哈,果然是伊安。伊安生前就是這樣。
No, it wasn't.
才不是。
Wasn't it? Interesting.
生前不是嗎?有意思。
Who was that? - Why did you lie to her?
他是誰啊?-你干嘛騙她?
People don't like telling you things but they love to contradict you. Past tense, did you notice?
人們不會輕易向你透漏些什么,但他們會對你的錯誤提出反駁。發現了嗎,她用了過去式?
Sorry, what?
什么?
I referred to her husband in the past tense. She joined in. Bit premature. They've only just found the car.
我用"生前"形容他丈夫。她沒反駁。現在就說"生前"太早了吧。目前只發現了他的車而已。
You think she murdered her husband?
你覺得她謀殺了親夫?
Definitely no. That's not a mistake a murderer would make.
絕對不是。兇手不會犯這種錯誤。
I see...No, I don't. What am I seeing?
明白了...不對,沒明白。到底啥意思?
Fishing. Try fishing.
或者釣魚。試試釣魚吧。
Where now?
現在去哪?
Janus Cars. Just found this in the glove compartment.
杰納斯租車行。在車上的儲物箱里找到的。
Can't see how I can help you gentlemen.
不知有何能效勞,先生們。
Mr Monkford hired the car from you yesterday.
蒙福德先生昨天在你這租了車。
Yeah, a lovely motor. Mazda RX8. Wouldn't mind one of them myself.
對,一輛好車。馬自達RX8款,要是我能有一輛就好了。
Is that one?
是那輛嗎?
No, they're all Jags. I can see you're not a car man, eh?
不,那是豹牌。看來你不是懂車之人啊。
But surely you can afford one - a Mazda, - I mean. - Yeah, fair point.
你肯定買得起吧-我是說馬自達。-對,差不多吧。
You know how...It's like working in a sweet shop. Once you start eating the Liquorice Allsorts, where does it stop?
你知道的...這就像在甜品店工作,一旦偷吃了一口甘草什錦糖就對一切糖果都欲罷不能了。
You didn't know Mr Monkford.
你以前并不認識蒙福德先生。
No, he was just a client. He came in here and hired one of my cars.
對,他只是個客人。他來這里租了一輛車。
I've no idea what happened to him. Poor sod!
我不知道他出了什么事,可憐的家伙!
Nice holiday, Mr. Ewart?
假期愉快嗎,伊華先生?
Eh?
啥?
You've been away, haven't you?
你出過遠門吧?
Oh, the...no, it's sun beds, I'm afraid. Too busy to get away. My wife would love it, though - bit of sun.
噢,不,只是人工日光浴。工作太忙,沒時間出遠門。不過我妻子喜歡我這樣,看起來更陽光。
Have you got any change for the cigarette machine?
你有零錢嗎,我想買煙?
What?
什么?
I noticed one on the way and I haven't got any change and I'm gasping.
那邊有香煙販售機,我沒帶零錢,煙癮上來了。
No, sorry.
抱歉,我沒有。
Oh, well! Thank you very much for your time, Mr. Ewart. You've been very helpful. Come on, John!
那好吧,非常感謝您的接待,伊華先生。真是幫了大忙。走吧,約翰!
I've got change, if you still want to...-Nicotine patches, remember? I'm doing well.
我有零錢,如果你還需要...-尼古丁貼片,記得嗎?戒煙效果很好。
So, what was all that about?
那你為什么問他?
I needed to look inside his wallet.
我要看他的錢包里面。
Why?
為什么?
Mr. Ewart's a liar.
伊華先生沒說實話。