Louisa Pate believed in the power of shame.
Louisa Pate相信羞恥的力量。
As a teacher, she had found the best way to control unruly students was to instill a strong sense of shame in their parents.
她發現教育不守規矩學生最好的辦法,就是在他們父母身上建立一種強烈的羞辱感。
I left Tricia alone with the schoolhamster for only five minutes.
我不過離開Trisha和學校的倉鼠5分鐘。
In this box is all that left of Patches.
這個盒子里只剩下一些殘骸。
For Show and Tell, Timmy decided to bring in something from your husband collection of Nazi memorabilia.
為了炫耀,Timmy帶來了一些東西,是你丈夫收集的納粹紀念品。
Billy’s been threatening to beat up the other kids for their milk money. We found the proceeds in his cubby.
Billy通過威脅揍其他小孩的方法,拿走他們的午餐費在他的櫥柜我們找到了這些現金。
Of course, Mrs. Pate also knew thatwhen it came to unruly children,
當然,Pate夫人知道,對于一些不守規矩的學生,
some parents had more reason to be ashamed than others.
一些家長更有理由感到羞愧。
So, um, your message said that Parker had been involved in some sort of serious incident. What, what kind of incident?
所以,你說Parker牽涉到某些很嚴重的事件。什么,什么類型的事件?
Yesterday afternoon, Parker offered a cookie to Cindy Lou Peeples if she would show him her vagina.
昨天下午,Parker說如果Cindy Lou Peeples肯讓他看私處,那他就給餅干。
What kind of cookie?
什么點心?
What does that matter?
有什么關系嗎?
Oh, it doesn’t. I’m just stalling because I am completely mortified.
哦,當然沒有,一時失語而已,因為我太震驚了。
The kids were in a broom closet. Our janitor walked in on them just as Cindy was lifting up her pinafore.
他們躲在一個清潔工具間里。我們的管理員進去時,剛好看到Cindy掀起了她的裙子
Oh my goodness.
我的天阿。
I sure you've noticed how obsessive Parker can be.
你也知道parker很頑固。
A certain subject will catch his interest and that all he’ll talk about for weeks and weeks.
如果一個事物引起了他的興趣,他將會在接下來的幾周不停的談論它。
Oh right. That happened with dinosaurs.
是的,以前他對恐龍癡迷時就是這樣。
Oh yes, we all remember his dinosaurphase. More fondly now than ever.
對阿,我們都記得他的恐龍癡迷期。這次更麻煩了。
So you think that now he obsessed with...
所以你認為他現在沉溺于……的問題。
What underneath the pinafore. Yes. Look, I think he just developed a normal curiosity about the human body.
在裙子下是什么,是的。我認為他只不過是對人體產生了正常的好奇心而已。
You need to talk to him. Remind him what's appropriate and what isn’t.
你需要和他談談。提醒他什么是適當的好奇而什么不是。
Of course, I will talk to him. I’ll talk tohim till I blue in the face. I promise. Take care.
當然,我會和他談談。哪怕動怒了,也要說。我保證。保重。