Hi.Something I can help you with?
嗨 有什么可以幫你的嗎
Yes, Jules spilled soy sauce on her Saint Laurent jacket.
是的 朱爾斯在她的圣勞倫特夾克上灑了醬油
Can you take it to the photo studio?
你能幫我把它拿到照片工作室嗎
There's lots of cleaners and stuff in there.
那里有很多清潔劑之類的東西
Sure.Where is it?
當然可以 在哪
She's wearing it.
她穿著呢
They would like us to consider the possibility...
他們希望我們能考慮
okay.
嗯
...of, uh, meeting with some, uh, potential CEOs.
見見潛在的首席執行官的可能性
Wow.
哇
I did not see that coming.
我倒沒料到這個
W-Why? Uh...
為什么 呃
am I too inexperienced at running a business?
是我在經營公司上經驗太少了嗎
I-I didn't go to Harvard?
是因為我沒上過哈佛嗎
My... My methods aren't by the book?
我不夠照本宣科嗎
I mean, isn't that how we got here?
我是說 那不就是我們能到今天這步所靠的嗎
Really?
真的嗎
I need adult supervision?
我需要成人監督嗎
Could we be doing better?
我們能做得更好嗎
We hit our five-Year goal in nine months.
我們用九個月完成了我們的五年計劃
Exactly.
確實
Jules, we can't keep up with our own success.
朱爾斯 我們已經跟不上了
You know that.
你知道的
You're an hour late to every meeting.
你每次開會都要晚一個小時
We have a name for it...Jules standard time.
我們叫它 朱爾斯標準時間
And look, I get it. There's only so many hours in the day.
你看 我們一天就只有24個小時
We're all playing catchup.
我們在玩追趕游戲
Our tech guys work until 2:00, 3:00 in the morning.
我們這些技術員要工作到凌晨兩三點
Customer service is slammed.
客服電話全堵著
We're running out of inventory.
我們用盡了庫存
We've got shipping issues and programming problems.
我們要解決運輸和程序的問題
And... And the bigger we get,
單子越大
The more complicated it's gonna get.
我們要解決的問題就越復雜
But isn't this what a startup is?
但 新公司不都是這樣的嗎
What?
什么
Say it. What is everyone so worried about?
說吧 大家都在擔心什么
That it's all going too fast,and it could get away from us.
公司運轉速度太快了 快脫離我們掌控了
Our investors just think that a seasoned CEO
我們的投資者認為一個經驗豐富首席執行官
Could take some things off your plate.
能幫你減輕點負擔
That's all. Just free you up to do what you do great.
只是這樣 只是讓你去做你更擅長的事
You come up with the ideas,
你來想點子
And let somebody else make the trains run on time.
然后讓其他人確保一切運行正常
But, Cameron, this new person,
但是 卡梅倫 這個新人
They are going to want to do things their way.
他們都想用他們自己的方式來做事
Technically be my boss.
實際上就是我的上司了
I mean, how can I do what I do
我的意思是 我要怎么做
If I have to report to someone else,
如果我向其他人匯報
Run every idea I have by this person?
所有想法都要等那個人審批
Can you see that working?
你看那奏效嗎
Well, Gilt groupe brought in a CEO.但 Gilt
公司就招了一個首席啊
How are they doing?
他們做得不是很好嗎
I mean, get me CEO lessons,you know?
讓我上個什么首席執行官課程吧 好嗎
Uh, excuse me.
呃 抱歉
apologize,
我道歉
But Becky said you needed something taken care of
但是貝琪說你有一些東西要注意
On your jacket.
你的夾克衫
Oh, right.
噢 是的
Thank you, Ben.
謝謝你 本
Of course.
沒關系
The V.C.s made up a list of potential CEOs.
風險投資組列出了有潛力當首席的人員名單
Let's just take a look at the list.
我們看看這份名單
Explore it, then decide.
研究一下 然后做出決定
Baby steps.
一步一步來