If the nightingales could sing like you. They'd sing much sweeter than they do.
如果夜鶯有你這般歌喉。那它們的歌聲將更加甜蜜。
For you brought a new kind of love to me.
你給我的愛很特別。
If the sandman brought me dreams of you. I'd want to sleep my whole life through. Set a new standard in the midwest...
如果睡魔讓我夢到你。那么我想長睡永不醒。建立了中西部的新標準······
The highest standard.
最高的標準。
So high that even our friends on the coasts are now paying attention.
以至引起了居住于沿岸城市朋友們的注意。
The man that we're honoring this evening is a visionary in every sense of the word.
今晚的主角他絕對稱得上是眼光深遠。
I have known him since he was a resident here at Washington.
他還是華盛頓大學的住院醫生時我們就相識了。
He was opinionated and hardheaded even then.
他那時就固執己見,十分頑固。
His constant innovations to obstetric surgery have earned him dominance in the field.
他在產科手術方面的不斷創新為他贏得了這一領域的主導地位。
If there's one thing I hear during the course of my day, it's, "Thanks to him, we have a family."
如果說我這些年聽到最多的一句話就是"多虧了他,我們終于有了個完整的家。"
Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. William Masters.
女士們先生們有請威廉·馬斯特斯醫生。
I am, uh...A man of science. Which is why I'll let my friend provost Scully supply the words tonight.
我...我這人只懂學術。所以我讓我的朋友教務長斯高利來做今晚的發言。
Most regrettably, I have to go. It turns out I'm working this evening.
十分遺憾的是,我得走了。今晚我也有工作。
Bill Masters has yet to devise the baby guaranteed to arrive during business hours.
比爾·馬斯特斯得去想辦法讓一個嬰兒能在工作時間時降生。
But mark my words. He will.
相信我,他做得到。
But I do thank you. I thank you for honoring me here tonight.
但是感謝各位。謝謝各位今晚的盛情。