1、spend
花(錢);用(錢)
By the end of the holiday I had spent all my money.
到假期結束時,我已經花光了自己所有的錢。
Businessmen spend enormous amounts advertising their products.
商人們花費巨額資金為自己的商品做廣告。
花費(時間或精力)
Engineers spend much time and energy developing brilliant solutions.
工程師們花費很多時間和精力來開發完美的解決方案。
This energy could be much better spent taking some positive action.
這些精力若用于采取某些積極行動的話,可能會更值得。
(在某處)度過(一段時間)
We spent the night in a hotel.
我們在一家旅館過夜。
2、accomplish
完成;達成
If we'd all work together, I think we could accomplish our goal.
只要大家齊心協力,我想我們就能實現目標。
They are skeptical about how much will be accomplished by legislation.
他們對于立法成效心存疑慮。
3、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。