What did you say? I mean,
你說什么? 我是說...
I know all the sociological reasons why per capita
我終于知道為什么現在社會上...
eight times more black men are incarcerated than white men.
黑人的犯罪率是白人八倍的原因了
Schools are a disgrace. Lack of opportunity. Bias in the judicial system.
學校讓黑人感到丟臉 工作沒有黑人的份 司法機構也歧視黑人
All that stuff. All that stuff!
到處都是這樣
But still, it’s gotta get to you, on a gut level as a black man.
這也和你有著莫大的關系 你是個有勇氣的黑人
They just can’t keep their hands out of the cookie jar.
他們在壓迫中聲都不敢吭一下
Of course, you and I know that’s not the truth.
當然 你和我都知道事實上并不是這樣的
But that’s the way it always plays, doesn’t it?
但事情都是以這樣的方式在進行著 對嗎?
And assholes like Lewis keep feeding the flames. It’s gotta get to you.
象劉易斯那樣的混球在旁邊煽風點火 你當然也會受到牽連
What did you say you did for the D.A. Again?
你再說一次 你在檢查官手下干什么的?
You coach ball down in Compton. Am I right?
你在康普頓的一個球隊里當教練 我說得對吧?
Oh, please, don’t do that.
拜托別這樣
Don’t act like you know something about me, okay?
你不要裝得好象很了解我似的 可以嗎?
What do you think those kids need... to make them believe, to give them hope?
你認為那些孩子需要什么? 讓他們堅定信念? 給他們以希望?
You think they need another drug dealing cop or do you think they need a fallen black hero?
你以為他們需要一個吸毒的警察,還是需要一個沒用的黑人英雄?
Why don’t you cut through the bullshit and just tell me what it is you want.
你少說兩句廢話吧 告訴我你想要什么好了
The D.A.’s squad loses its lead investigator next month.
檢察院成員小組的首席檢察官下個月就不在了
Rick is quite adamant that his replacement be a person of color.
瑞克堅決要讓黑人來坐那個位子
It’s a high-profile position, and he wants to send the right message to the community.
這是個高層的職位 他希望有人可以幫他給下頭傳達可靠的信息
And the right message is, "Look at this black boy I just bought? "
這個可靠的信息是不是就是 "來瞧瞧我剛買下來的這個黑鬼下人"
Well, fuck you very much. But thanks for thinking of me.
你也太操蛋了 但還是要謝謝你們想到我
Actually we were thinking of you.
我們確實有想過你
Until we saw that.
直到我們看到了這個
It’s your brother’s file.
這是你兄弟的資料
Twenty-something years old and already three felonies.
二十來歲就已經犯下三項重罪
Three strikes law. Kid’s going away for life for stealing a car.
三項都是人身攻擊罪 為了生計而偷車
Christ, that’s a shitty law.
老天 這些該死的法律
There’s a warrant in there.
里面有逮捕令
But still, hey, he had every opportunity you had.
他仍然有著和你同等的機會
Fucking black people, huh?
該死的黑人
So all, uh... all I need to do to make this disappear is to frame a potentially innocent man?
那么...我要做的就是讓這個東西消失,然后去陷害一個無辜的被告嗎?
What are you? The fucking defender of all things white?
你是什么人? 你是正義的辯護人嗎?
We’re talking about a white man who shot three black men.
我們討論的是一個開槍打死三個黑人的白人