We just have the time for one last question.
我們的時間只夠問最后一個問題了。
What is your next book?
你下一本書將是什么?
I don't know, man. I don't know. I've been...I've been thinking about this.
我不知道,老兄,我真的不知道。我一直...一直在考慮這個構思。
Well, I always kind of wanted to write a book that all took place within the space of a pop song.
我總是想寫本書,一切都發生在一首流行歌曲那么長時間內。
You know, like three or four minutes long, the whole thing.
總共大概3到4分鐘吧。
The story, the idea, is that there's this guy, right? and he's totally depressed.
整個故事大概是說有個男人,他非常的沮喪。
I mean, his great dream was to be a lover, an adventurer, you know, riding motorcycles through South America.
他最大的夢想就是擁有一段轟轟烈烈的愛情,做個冒險家,比如開著摩托游遍南美。
And instead he's sitting at a marble table eating lobster.

He's got a good job and a beautiful wife, right? but he didn't...You know, everything that he needs.
他有份不錯的工作,有位漂亮的妻子,他卻...你懂吧,其實他該有的全有了。
But that doesn't matter, because what he wants is to fight for meaning.
但是這并不是他真正想要的,因為他真正想要的是為某種價值而戰。
You know? I mean, happiness is in the doing, right? Not in the getting what you want.
你明白嗎?快樂源自于過程。而不是因為你得到了你想要的東西。
So he's sitting there, and just that second, his little 5 year old daughter hops up on the table.
總之他坐在那里,突然間,他五歲的小女兒跳上了桌子。
And he knows that she should get down, because she could get hurt.
他知道她該下來,因為她可能會受傷。
But she's dancing to this pop song in a summer dress.
但是她正穿著夏日的裙子,隨著那首流行歌曲翩翩起舞。
And he looks down and all of a sudden, he's 16.
然后一晃眼,突然間,他回到了十六歲。
And his high school sweetheart is dropping him off at home.
他的高中女友正送他回家。
And they just lost their virginity, and she loves him and the same song is playing on the car radio.
而他們剛剛度過了他們的初夜,她很愛他。而汽車收音機里播放著的正是那首歌曲。
And she climbs up and starts dancing on the roof of the car. And now he's worried about her.
然后他女友爬上了車頂,開始在那里跳舞。這一下,他開始很擔心她。
And she's beautiful, with a facial expression just like his daughter's.
她很那么美,表情也竟然和他女兒一模一樣。
In fact, you know, maybe that's why he even likes her.
事實上,這可能就是他為什么很寵愛女兒的原因。
You see, he knows he's not remembering this dance, he's there. He's there, in both moments, simultaneously.
你懂嗎,他清楚自己不是在回憶那段舞蹈,而是他真的就在那里,他同時出現在人生的兩個場景之中。
And just for an instant, all his life is just folding in on itself. And it's obvious to him that time is a lie.
就在這一瞬間,他整個人生對折了起來。對他來說,時間明顯是個謊言。