Good morning. The lab work came back on the Mayor's bloody cake.
早上好,市長遭遇的血蛋糕案的檢驗結果出來了。
It was red food dye mixed with maple syrup. You were right. It was a prank.
就是紅色的食物色素加上楓糖漿。你說得沒錯,惡作劇而已。
Call the Mayor's office?
聯系市長辦公室了嗎?
Yes, and the Mayor wants to talk to you.
聯系過了,市長想和你談談。
He scares so easy. I'll call him.
他膽子真小,我會打給他的。
Homicide has more on yesterday's Burbank shooter. Turns out it was a city employee targeting street workers.
兇案組找到了昨天伯班克槍殺案的兇手。犯人是專找街頭妓女下手的公務員。
I'm up. Can I do the assessment?
我在跟進了。我能開始做評估了嗎?
You can share it with Janice.
你和詹妮絲一起做。
I told you.
就跟你說嘛。
Janice, can you do background for me?
詹妮絲,幫我做一下案子的背景收集可以么?
Two boys at Alcott University...Eric Bates, Perry Whitley.
兩名愛爾考特大學的男學生埃里克·貝茨和佩里·懷特利。
Good morning. Is this a new case?
早上好。這是新案子嗎?
No. It's a favor to the Dean. I have to see her later.
不是。校長找我幫忙而已。我一會兒要去見她。
Detective Larsen is here.
拉森警探已經來了。
Who?
誰?
Detective Larsen, transfer, the new guy. I put him in the conference room for now.
拉森警探啊,剛調來的新人。我讓他在會議室等了。
He's early.
他來早了。
Hi. I'm Lieutenant Beth Davis. Welcome to L.A.
我是副隊長貝絲·戴維斯。歡迎來到洛杉磯。
How you doing? Detective Jack Larsen. Nice to meet you.
你好,我是杰克·拉森警探。很高興見到你。
What do you know about him?
關于這個人你都知道些什么?
From New York, homicide, 13th precinct, big personality, not for everyone. Single, never married, sleeps around.
紐約來的,兇案組的,在13分局,挺傲的,但不是對誰都這樣。單身,沒結過婚,處處留情。
Good for him.
挺好。
Slept with some high-up's wife.
睡過高層的女人。
Oh, and he got the boot.
難怪被炒了。
Apparently he can't help himself.
居然處處留情是他情難自控。
Beth is gonna hate him.
貝絲肯定會討厭他的。
9 years NYPD homicide. Good record, decorated. Why the stalkers unit?
你在紐約警局的兇案組待了9年。履歷不錯,像是精心準備過的。為什么選我們跟蹤案組?
Well, I was hoping to meet Scarlett Johansson.
我希望有天能碰上女神斯嘉麗·約翰遜。
It's an entirely different skill set.
這和兇案組所需的技能截然不同。
Our goal is to prevent crime, so there's a lot of case management involved.
我們的目標是防止犯罪發生,所以涉及大量的案件管理工作。
A background in mental illness is necessary. Have you read the manual?
要求有精神疾病方面的背景。手冊你看了嗎?
No, but I watched "Fatal attraction," "Obsessed," "My bodyguard," "Cape fear," "Swimfan."
沒,但我看過《致命誘惑》、《著迷》、 《我的保鏢》、《恐怖角》、《泳池誘惑》。
Yes, I read the manual. That was...that was a joke, And I'm well versed in mental illness, everything from schizophrenia, Narcissism, bipolar disorder, Delusional psychosis...my own!
當然,我看過手冊了。我剛剛是在開玩笑,我熟悉各種精神疾病,精神分裂癥,自戀癥,躁郁癥,妄想型精神病,我自己就有這病。
Another joke. I get it. I totally get it. It's a very specific whack job that stalks and makes threats.
另一個玩笑而已。我明白,我完全明白。這是一項專門處理跟蹤和威脅的特殊工作。
Again, why do you want to be in this unit?
再問一次,你為什么想要加入我們部門?
I'm already in this unit. I filled out the paperwork, my transfer was processed. Am I wrong?
我已經加入了。我填寫了文件,調動已經處理完畢。我說錯了嗎?
No.
沒錯。
Because this was starting to feel like an interview.
那為什么感覺起來還像是在面試。
There are currently 6 detectives in the unit.
我們部門目前有六名警探。
Each detective is responsible for his own case load, But we're a small unit, so we work together.
每個警探都有各自負責的案子,但我們是個小部門,所以協作共事是常態。
You'll tale me for a month, and then I'll turn you loose.
你先跟我辦案一個月,之后我就不多過問了。
Did I, uh...did I say something wrong?
我是不是說錯什么話了?
What do you mean?
為什么這么問?
I'm getting a vibe like I just made a really bad first impression.
我有種感覺我給你的第一印象非常糟糕。
I know the Scarlett Johansson comment was...-A vibe? -Yeah.
我知道那個斯嘉麗·約翰遜的笑話有點兒...-一種感覺?-沒錯。
Like you don't like me.
我感覺你不待見我。
Don't be silly. I'm sporadically rude.
別亂想了。我只是偶爾非常粗魯而已。
Homicide dumped a murder on us.
兇案科剛剛調轉過來一樁謀殺案。
Hi. I'm Janice Lawrence. Nice tie.
你好,我是詹妮絲·勞倫斯。領帶很漂亮。
Woman was murdered last night.
女性受害人,昨天夜里被害。
Kate Edwards...single, 28, burned alive in her car.
凱特·愛德華茲,單身,28歲,在她自己的車里被活活燒死。
Ben Caldwell. Nice to meet you.
我是本·考德威爾,很高興見到你。
Any prior case files?
有沒有與本案相關的檔案文件?
The victim reported an intruder in July and again in Qctober, a vandalism report a year prior.
被害人曾于七月和十月報案說遭到入侵者,一年前還有過惡意破壞的報案。
She went to the police several times, Hollywood station, But it was never classified as stalking, so never made its way to us.
她去好萊塢警察分局報過好幾次案,但是從來都沒被劃分為跟蹤類犯罪,所以也沒有轉到我們這里來。
All right. Let's go, new guy. Time for your first assessment.
好,出發吧,新人。開始你的第一次評估吧。