Larry? Two detectives are here.
拉里?來了兩個警探。
Sorry to hear about Kate.
凱特的事我很遺憾。
Mr. Myers, where were you last night?
邁爾斯先生,你昨晚在哪里?
Here all night with my wife.
一整晚都在這里陪我妻子。
When's the last time you saw Kate?
你上次見到凱特是什么時候?
A year ago. She came to me and asked if I'd been sending her these notes and gifts.
一年前,她來問我是不是一直在給她送卡片和禮物。
I said I wasn't, but she thought she was being stalked and was thinking about moving because of it.
我沒有,可她覺得自己被人跟蹤了,因此正在考慮搬家。
She never mentioned anyone she suspected?
她沒跟你說懷疑是誰嗎?
No. She suspected me. She thought I was doing it, Like I was hung upon her.
沒有,她懷疑是我,她以為是我干的,以為我對她余情未了。
Were you?
事實如此嗎?
I made a mistake with Kate, but I'm not the stalker type. You know, I'm a married man.
凱特的事是我做錯了,但我不會跟蹤人。我已經結婚了。
Can your wife confirm your alibi last night?
你說你昨晚在家,你妻子能證明嗎?
Yes, she can, but she doesn't know about Kate.
她可以,但她不知道凱特的事。
Why'd you have an affair?
你為什么會出軌?
I'm a miserable middle-aged man. It's what we do.
人到中年難免犯錯。無事生非。
His wife backed him up. Is she telling the truth?
她妻子幫他證明了,她說的是實話嗎?
I don't know. I was wondering when that was coming off.
我不知道。我早在想你什么時候會把它解掉。
I'm gonna take you back. I have one more appointment.
我帶你回去。我還有其他約。
I'm sorry I stared at your breasts.
很抱歉我盯著你的胸部看了。
Excuse me?
什么?
That's why you don't like me. When we first met, I-I looked at your breasts.
你就是因此才不喜歡我。我們第一次見面的時候,我看了你的胸。
Seriously?
是嗎?
That's all I could come up with.
我只能想到這個原因。
I was pleasant and personable, I showed a reasonable amount of intelligence, I'm good-looking, I have a healthy ego.
我彬彬有禮,英俊優雅,也適度展示了自己的知識儲備,我長得帥,又有自信。
The only wrong move I made was when my eyes lingered in your upper torso area for a second too long it triggered an instant dislike for me. How do I fix that?
我唯一做錯的事就是眼神在你的上半身停留的時間過長,于是導致你對我的不滿。這該怎么彌補?
Why did you do it?
你為什么要這樣?
You're wearing a silk blouse, hint of a bra, red fingernail polish.
你穿著絲綢襯衫,內衣邊緣若隱若現,還涂著紅色指甲。
I took the male leap that it was meant to be noticed and let my eyes lingering hopes that you would be flattered. I miscalculated.
作為一名男性,我以為你是故意如此,于是就讓眼神停留了一會,以為你會開心。是我失策了。
And it just got worse.
越描越黑。