And if this new doctor says it’s not an infection,
如果這位新醫生說這不是尿道感染
says it’s his prostate and it needs to be operated on, is that gonna be covered?
而說這是前列腺的問題 需要動手術 你們會對此負責嗎?
Not unless Dr. Robertson authorizes... What good is that gonna do?
要知道羅伯遜醫生他并不是權威 這樣做有什么好處?
I’m sorry. There’s nothing else I can do.
抱歉 我幫不了你什么忙
All right. You know what I can’t do?
那好吧 你知道我做不到什么事嗎?
I can’t look at you without thinking about the five or six more qualified white men who didn’t get your job.
我做不到一面看著你而不去想為什么外面會有那么多比你勝任的白人得不到這份工作
It’s time for you to go.
你該走了
I’m saying this ’cause I’m hoping that I’m wrong about you.
我說這些是因為我希望我對你的看法是錯的
I’m hoping that someone like yourself,
我也希望一些象你這樣的
someone who may have been given a helping hand,
曾經得到別人幫助的人
might have a little compassion for someone in a similar situation.
會對和你有相同遭遇的人表示一丁點的同情
Carol, I need security in my office!
卡羅爾 這里需要出現安全問題
You don’t like me, that’s fine. I’m a prick.
你不喜歡我也沒關系 我就愛這樣扎人
My father doesn’t deserve to suffer like this.
但我爸爸他不該受到這樣的痛苦
He was a janitor. He struggled his whole life.
他是一個公司的管理人 他一生都在為事業而奮斗
Saved enough to start his own company.
存夠了錢開了一家自己的公司
Twenty-three employees, all of them black.
二十三名員工全是黑人
Paid ’em equal wages when no one else was doing that.
給他們付和其他白人一樣多的工資 當時沒人會這樣做
For 30 years he worked side by side with those men, sweeping and carrying garbage.
三十年來他一直和他的手下并肩工作 打掃衛生 清理垃圾
Then the city council decides to give minority-owned companies preference in city contracts.
后來市政局決定要簽署一份協議,里面規定要給私營企業以優待
And overnight, my father loses everything.
一夜之間我爸爸失去了他的一切
His business, his home, his wife. Everything!
他的公司 他的家 他的妻子 一切都失去了
Not once does he blame your people.
他一次都沒埋怨過你們這些手下
I’m not asking you to help me.
我不是求你幫忙
I’m asking that you do this small thing for a man who lost everything
我只是請求你為一位失去了一切的老人做一點小事
so people like yourself could reap the benefits.
那么你的同胞們也可以得到好處
And do you know what it’s gonna cost you?
這會讓你損失什么嗎?
Nothing.
不會
Just a flick of your pen.
你要做的只是動一下你的筆
Your father sounds like a good man.
聽起來你爸爸是個好人
And if he’d come in here today, I probably would’ve approved this request.
如果他今天能來 我或許可以批準你的請求
But he didn’t come in. You did. And for his sake, it’s a real shame.
但他沒來 你卻來了 對他來說這真是件丟人的事
Get him the hell outta my office.
請讓他離開我的辦公室
Sir, I spoke to our employee, and he told you you needed to replace or repair the door.
先生 我跟我手下說了 他告訴我你想要換掉或修好你的門
He say he fix the lock.
他說他修鎖
You come here, see how "fix-ed" it is! You’re yelling again.
你來看看他修成什么樣子了 請別激動
I am not yelling! I’m upset!
我沒激動 我是生氣
Yes... Yes, I am.
是的 沒錯
Mom, are you all right?
媽媽 你還好吧
Stop washing. Insurance must take picture.
別洗了 保險公司來了要拍照的
Look what they wrote.
看看他們都寫了些什么東西
They think we’re Arab.
他們認為我們是阿拉伯人
When did Persian become Arab?
我們波斯人什么時候變成阿拉伯人了?
I want his name. Yes.
我要知道他的名字
Oh, my God.
老天
I want his name! Give me his name! Dad?
我要知道他的名字 告訴我他叫什么名字 爸爸
I’m not giving you his name, sir.
我不會給你他的名字的 先生
Dad, did they take the gun? Not fix my lock! I want his name!
爸爸 他們是不是拿走了咱的槍? 不是要他來修鎖 我是要他的名字
I’m gonna hang up now, sir.
我要掛了 先生
Don’t hang up! Shit!
不準掛 你他媽的