Susan Mayer had always believed the punishment should fit the crime.
Susan Mayer一直認為罪有應得的觀點是正確的。
She first came to this conclusion when she discovered her husband Karl had been unfaithful.
她當初下這個結論是在她發現丈夫Karl對她不忠的時候。
Since Karl had destroyed the love she had given him...
既然Karl如此不珍惜她的愛...
Susan felt it was only appropriate she destroy the things he loved in return...
Susan覺得她也可以報復,弄壞Karl心愛的東西...一個接一個。
But now, three years after their divorce, Susan was reunited with Karl once again...
但是如今,就在他們離婚三年之后,Susan又要同Karl復婚了...
Susan, are you listening to me?
Susan, 你在聽我說嗎?
As partners in a crime of their own.
這次他們一起要玩點花樣。
This is insurance fraud. We could both go to jail. Now we can't tell anyone we're getting married.
這次就是詐騙保險。弄不好我們都得坐牢,所以我們絕對不能對外人說起這事
I know. I was listening to you.
我知道,我聽著呢。
Now the pre-nup's all set. You can sign it at the courthouse.
婚前協議準備好了,你到時候在法庭上簽一下。
Eleven-thirty, Wednesday morning. Right?
周三11點半,是吧?
Right. And your surgery's still on for Thursday?
對,你手術是在周四?
Yep.
是的。
Good. The insurance kicks in the minute we say I do. You're set to go.
很好。只要我們說“我愿意” 保險就生效啦。你就可以動手術了。
I know no one's asking me, but I think this whole thing is a tragic mistake
我想插句話,我覺得你們這么做實在是犯了一個很嚴重的錯誤,
and I just don't have it in me to survive another ugly divorce.
而且我可沒法承受你們再次離婚的打擊。
Don't worry, honey. This time, it is strictly a business arrangement.
別擔心,親愛的。這次完全是交易。
It better be, 'cause if I see so much asone lingering gaze between the two of you,
最好是。如果我要是看到你們倆眉來眼去的,
I swear I'll go to the insurance company and turn you in.
我發誓要去保險公司告發你們。
So, we shouldn't expect a wedding gift, huh?
看來我們的結婚禮物泡湯了。
Oh, can you grab me your wedding ring? I wanna get it cleaned before the ceremony.
你能把結婚戒指拿過來嗎?我想在結婚前擦干凈點。
Uh, is that really necessary? I mean,do we have to do the whole ring thing?
有這個必要嗎?我們非得要戴上戒指嗎?
Of course we do. It's gotta look believable.
當然要,這樣別人才信以為真。
Yeah, okay. Well, I'll just grab something out of my jewelry box.
好吧,我就隨便從珠寶盒里拿點東西吧。
Susan, that ring was my grandmother's. One day it's going to be Julie's. Where is it?
Susan 那戒指可是我祖母留下來的。Julie結婚時也要戴呀,戒指在哪里?
I don't know exactly.
我不知道...
That was a family heirloom. I trusted you with it.
那可是祖傳下來的啊。虧我還這么信你,把戒指給你。
Well, I trusted you not to cheat on me and break my heart.
當初我認為你不會發生婚外戀,讓我傷心呢。
Oh, my god. Oh, my god. What, what did you do with it?
哦,天啊,天啊。戒指到底怎么了?
I threw it out my car window somewhere on route seven.
我在第7大道時,扔到車窗外去了
What? When?
什么!什么時候?
The night you abandoned me.
就在拋棄我的那晚。
Suz?
Suz…
Karl, you are so not allowed to get angry. I mean, I might've been the one to throw away the wedding ring,
Karl 你憑什么對我發火?我只不過扔了結婚戒指,
but you threw away the whole marriage. There was plenty of bad behavior that went on back then,
而你卻丟棄了這個婚姻。當時大家脾氣都不好,
so just get off your high horse. We're on the same page now, so we should just focus on that.
所以你也別自命清高了,現在我們是一條船上的人了,我們得辦正事。