You’re not gonna make it!
你辦不到的!
Jack!
杰克!
Jack! Give me your hand!
杰克! 把你的手給我!
I’ve got you!
我抓到你了!
What were you thinking?!
你剛才在想什么呢?
-What’s happening? -The whole damn shelf is breaking off![qh]這是怎么回事?整個冰架裂開了!
That’s what’s happening!
就是這樣
We found evidence of a cataclysmic climate shift, which occurred 1 0,000 years ago.
我們發現了一萬年前災難性的氣候遷移的證據
The concentration of these natural greenhouse gases in the ice cores...
這些溫室效應氣體在冰芯中的聚集...
...indicates that runaway1 warming pushed Earth into an ice age... ...顯
示出氣候失控性的變暖 把地球推向冰川時代...
...which lasted two centuries. ...
而這一直持續了兩個世紀
I’m confused.
我被你搞糊涂了
I thought you were talking about global warming, not an ice age.
我還以為你是在討論全球變暖問題 而不是冰川時代
Yes, it is a paradox2, but global warming can trigger a cooling trend. Let me explain.
是 有點自相矛盾 但是全球變暖
trigger a cooling trend. Let me explain.
能夠導致氣候冷卻的趨勢 我來解釋一下
The Northern Hemisphere owes its climate to the North Atlantic Current.
北大西洋暖流直接影響北半球氣候
Heat from the sun arrives at the equator and is carried north by the ocean.
來自太陽的熱量到達赤道后 再由洋流傳送到北方
But global warming is melting the polar ice caps and disrupting this flow.
但是全球變暖正在融化極地的冰川 而這干擾了這個洋流
Eventually it will shut down. And when that occurs...
最后它會慢慢停下來 到那時候...
...there goes our warm climate. ...
我們溫暖的天氣就消失了
Excuse me. When do you think this could happen,
對不起 你認為這情形什么時候 會發生呢?
professor? When?
教授?什么時候?
I don’t know. Maybe in 1 00 years, maybe in 1 000. But what I do know is...
我不知道 也許一百年 也許一千年 但是我知道...