Detective Barton:Bree. I have to say, I was very pleased to get your call. I mean.
你...Bree, 呃,我想說, 我, 呃,非常高興接到你的電話。
I am surprised you want to have anything todo with me, given our recent history.
我是說, 我很吃驚,你愿意和我出來談談,評價一下我剛剛過去的歷史。
Oh you mean, you having suspected me of murdering my husband?
哦, 你是指你曾經懷疑,我謀殺了自己丈夫的事情?
Detective, that is all water under the bridge now.
探長先生, 那件事情早已經過去了。
I am very glad to hear you say that.
聽你這樣說我非常高興。
I do have to confess that I have an ulterior motive. I need to ask you a favor.
但是, 我不得不承認,這次我確實另有所圖。我需要你幫我個忙。
Oh, well, shoot, whatever I can do.
哦, 是嗎, 請講, 我盡力效勞。
We have these, um, new neighbors, the Applewhites, it‘s a mother and her son, the just moved here from Chicago.
我們這里來了一個新鄰居---Applewhite一家,一位母親和她的兒子,他們剛從芝加哥搬來。
And they seem very nice, but there is, there is something about them that‘s off. They are odd.
他們看起來很友善,但是有些...有些他們的事情...不合常理。他們很... 古怪。
Odd?
古怪?
Yeah, they are secretive and watchful and there was a dead body found in front of their house.
是的, 他們神神秘密的警惕性很高而且在他們門前還發現了一具尸體。
I can‘t run a background check on your neighbors for being odd.
我是不能因為古怪而去調查你鄰居的背景的。
Is that why you wanted to see me, to ask me that?
你想見我就是為這事? 讓--讓我調查這個?
Yeah, why?
是的, 怎么了?
Well, it‘s just during the investigation, I just thought there was just a kind of, um, spark between us.
哦, 我以為…在調查你丈夫的案件期間,你我之間... 擦出了一些火花
You know, I thought this might be a date.
我以為這次可能算是個約會。
Ah, no. I just wanted to ask you a favor.
哦, 不。我只是想請你幫個忙。
It‘s fine. No harm done.
好的, 沒什么。
When do I ever get to have lunch with such a lovely lady anyway, date or no date.
既然能有幸邀請如此可人的女士共進午餐,約會或者...不是約會。
Are you sure that you can‘t check on the Applewhites?
你確定不能調查Applewhite一家嗎?
I mean I just know that there‘s something there. And you know I have a sixth sense about people.
我的意思是, 我只感覺有故事在里面。知道嗎, 我對人有一種第六感。
And yet, you got engaged to the man who murdered your husband.
不一定, 你曾經和謀殺你丈夫的人定了婚。