They'll hire private detectives who'll follow you day and night.
他們會聘請私人偵探 不分日夜的跟蹤你
You're a target for high-priced escorts.
你會成為高級伴游女的目標
I can't prove it, but I know they tap my phones.
我無法證明它 但我知道他們監聽我的手機
Whatever it is that's gonna trip you up, you've done already.
不管是你已經做的旅行
Private behavior is a relic of a time gone by.
根本沒有私人空間
And if somehow, someway, you've managed to live your life like the Dalai Lama,
不管怎樣 你把你的生活管理的像達賴喇嘛
they'll make shit up.
他們才會閉嘴
Because they don't want you, they want your idea.
因為他們不是想要你,而是你的想法
And they want you to say "thank you" while you...
他們希望你說“謝謝”,當你…
Excuse me.
打擾一下
...wipe your chin and walk away.
…擦完下巴,然后走開的時候
That's what happened to you?
這就是發生在你身上的事?
And delusional.
還有妄想癥
Yes. But there'll be payback at Case.
是的,但是,贏了官司也會有后果
I brought down the record companies with Napster
我和納帕斯達打敗了唱片公司
and Case'll suffer for their sins, too.
于是我離開了公司
Sorry, you didn't bring down the record companies.
對不起,你沒有打倒唱片公司
They won.
他們贏了
In court. - Yeah.
在法庭上 - 是的
You wanna buy a Tower Records, Eduardo?
愛德華多,你想買塔唱片公司股票嗎?
And he told story after story about life in Silicon Valley,
他講完之后又講了他在硅谷的生活
and parties at Stanford and down in LA, and friends who'd become millionaires...
斯坦福的聚會,洛杉磯的困境 還有百萬富翁的朋友
But mostly how Mark had to... He had to come to California.
他說的最多的還是勸馬克必須來加州
And then he got around to The Facebook.
之后他才談到臉譜網
So, tell me about your progress.
那么告訴我你們的進展
Well, we're in 29 schools now. We got over 75,000 members.
我們現在拓展了29所學校 有超過75000名成員
Tell me about the strategy you're using. - Okay.
說說你們使用的策略 - 好的
For instance, we wanted Baylor, in Texas,
舉例來說 我們要拓展得克薩斯州的貝勒大學
but Baylor already had a social network on campus.
但貝勒大學已經有了社會網路
So instead of going right after them,
我們不會直接進入
we made a list of every school within 100 miles...
我們統計它100英里內的每個學校
You put The Facebook on those campuses first.
你先把臉譜網放在這些學校
Pretty soon all the Baylor kids saw their friends on our site and we were in.
很快,貝勒大學的學生看到他們的朋友 在我們的網站上,我們就打入了這個學校
It's called the Little Bighorn. That's smart, Mark.
這叫拋磚引玉,很明智,馬克
- Thanks, that was mine. - Easy.
- 謝謝,那是我的想法 - 放松
Hey, you know what? Settle an argument for us.
你知道如何解決我們之間的爭論
I say it's time to start making money from The Facebook,
我的想法是時候開始 從臉譜網上面賺錢了
but Mark doesn't want advertising. Who's right?
但是馬克不想在上面放廣告 我們倆誰對?
Neither of you yet.
都不對
The Facebook is cool, that's what it's got going for it.
臉譜網很酷,它還有東西要完善
Yeah.
是的
You don't wanna ruin it with ads because ads aren't cool.
你不想破壞它,因為廣告可不酷
Exactly.
對極了
It's like you're throwing the greatest party on campus
就像你正在校園里最大的派對玩的嗨呢
and someone's saying it's gotta be over by 11:00.
但有人說11點就要結束了
That's exactly right.
就是那樣
You don't even know what the thing is yet. - Exactly.
你甚至不知道它究竟是什么 - 沒錯
How big it can get, how far it can go. This is no time to take your chips down.
它能發展多大,走多遠 沒有太多時間去考慮這些
A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool?
一百萬美元是不酷,你知道什么酷嗎?
You?
你呢?
"A billion dollars."
“十億美元”
And that shut everybody up.
那讓每個人震驚
And that's where you're headed. A billion-dollar valuation.
這就是你們前進的方向 十億美元的估價
Unless you take bad advice, in which case you may as well have come up with
除非你采納了不好的建議 那樣的話你也可以趕上
a chain of very successful yogurt shops.
非常成功的酸奶連鎖店
When you go fishing, you can catch a lot of fish or you can catch a big fish.
當你釣魚的時候, 你可以捉到好多魚或者捉到大魚
You ever walk into a guy's den and see a picture of him standing next to 14 trout?
你曾經走進一個伙計書房里面看到 他站在14條鮭魚旁邊的照片嗎?
No, he's holding a 3,000-pound marlin. - Yep.
不,他拿著一個3000磅重的馬林魚 - 沒錯
That's a good analogy. - Okay.
這是一個很好的類比 - 好吧
But we all know marlins don't really weigh 3,000 pounds, right?
但我們都不知道 馬林魚是否真有3000磅,對嗎?
Have you seen the big ones up close?
你近距離看到過大的馬林魚嗎?
No, but I don't think the guy's holding a marlin the size of a Range Rover.
沒有,但我相信那個家伙 弄不到路虎那么大的馬林魚
That would be a really big fish and a very strong guy.
那真是一條大魚需要非常強壯的人
You think we might be getting away from the point?
你認為我們怎樣走的更遠?
I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just a fan who came to say hi.
我并沒有參與你們的項目 我只是一個粉絲,來和你們打聲招呼
He owned Mark after that dinner.
那頓晚餐之后,馬克被他征服了
He picked up the check, he told Mark they'd talk again soon,
他結了帳 告訴馬克他們會很快再次交談
and he was gone.
之后他就走了
But not before he made his biggest contribution to the company.
但還沒說到他為公司做出的最大貢獻呢
Drop the "The." Just "Facebook."
去掉網站前面的定冠詞,只要臉譜網
It's cleaner.
這樣更簡潔