There were many ways to tell Bree Van De Kamp was a lady.
Bree Van de Camp的貴婦風范處處顯露。
Thank you very much.
非常感謝。
She was courteous to those around her, she moved with elegance and grace.
她待人彬彬有禮,她舉止高貴優雅。
And she was very careful to never let others know what she was thinking.
而且她格外注意不在人前表露心跡。
Mrs. Van de Kamp, thank you for coming on such short notice.
Van de Camp太太,感謝您能趕過來。
So what's happened? Have you had any luck finding George?
發生了什么事?你們找到George了么?
You see, like most well-bred women...
像大多數教養良好的女人一樣。
George is dead. He committed suicide last night at a hotel.
George已經死了。昨晚他在賓館里自殺了。
...Bree had something to hide.
Bree也有要掩藏的東西。
Oh, um, well, um, it was very good ofyou to tell me in person, truly.
哦...非常感激你們能當面通知我,真的。
Actually, um, there's, there's more.
事實上,還有點事兒。
More?
還有?
Do you recognize this?
你認得這些東西么?
Those are my panties. How did you...?
這是我的...內衣。你怎么...
We assume Mr. Williams stole them.
我們認為這是Williams先生偷的。
Where did you find them?
你們在哪兒找到的?
Mr. Williams had a room filled with, um, unsavory items. It was like a shrine.
Williams先生有一個房間專門存放...讓人不齒的物品。好像一個神龕一樣。
Unsavory items? Well, what does that mean?
讓人不齒的物品?我不太明白?
You don't want to know.
你最好還是不要明白。
Just so you're aware, the Daily Tribune is starting to sniff around this story.
您最好留心點兒,小報的那幫家伙正在挖掘這個故事。
The editor's a good friend of mine.
我有個好朋友編輯。
I'm pretty sure I can quash it, but you might want to tell your family what's going on,just in case.
我想我可以抹掉這個報道,但你最好還是告訴你的家人實情,以防萬一。
What is that?
那是什么?
I am so sorry. You weren't supposed to see that.
真抱歉。不該讓你看見這個的。
Mudge, get that out of here.
Mudge,搬走!
No, wait! Is that supposed to be me?
別,等等!這個不會是我吧?
Well, it's hard to say.
不太好說.
I don't understand. I mean, what would George be doing with a life-sized doll? Oh, dear lord.
我不明白。George拿這么個真人大小的娃娃有什么用。哦,上帝啊!
Go ahead.
搬走。
Oh, hold it. What are you gonna do with that?
哦,等等。你們拿它干什么?
Well, until we close the file on Mr. Williams, she's considered evidence.
在Williams先生的案子結束前,這是證據。
We'll have to take her back to the station.
我們要把它帶回警局
I am so sorry about this, Mrs. Van de Kamp. I know how difficult all this must be.
真的非常抱歉,Van de Camp太太。我知道您很難以接受。
Don't you worry about me, Detective Barton. I will be just fine.
不勞煩您擔心了 ,Barton警官。我沒事的。
Yes, there were many ways to tell thatBree was a lady, but the surest was to watch how she maintained her dignity ineven the most undignified of situations.
是的,Bree Van de Camp的貴婦風范處處顯露,但最能表現她貴婦風范的,還是要看她如何在最難的狀況下,如何繼續保持高貴優雅的。