It was a beautiful dayand I was in my Radcliffe dorm room.
那天天氣很好我正在拉德克利夫宿舍里
He brought that magazine upand he showed it to me and he said,
他拿著這本雜志過來給我看,他說
"Look, it's gonna happen without us.We've gotta start now."
看哪,你再不動手就來不及了必須開始了
And I said, "OkayLet's get BASIC out there."
我說好吧,我們先把BASIC語言寫進去
Now, most of you think you knowthe rest of the story, but you may not.
剩下的故事你們大概都知道了但你們只知其一
The beginnings of this industrywere very humble.
這個產業初始相當不完善
That kit computer on the cover ofthat magazine had an 8080 processor in it.
雜志封面上的這臺個人電腦用的是8080處理器
Unless you paid extra fora 1K memory board, you got 256 bytes.
只有256字節內存除非花錢再買個1K的內存條
So the challenge when I wrote BASICwasn't just to run at 4 k-bytes,
所以最大的挑戰是我不僅要用4KB運行BASIC
but I also had to leave room for the usersto run their programs in 4 k-bytes.
還要留出4KB給用戶運行他們的程序
Your friend. Is that Mark Zuckerberg?
你朋友,是馬克扎克伯格?
Yeah.
是的
- He made The Facebook.- Yeah.
- 他創造了臉譜網?- 是的
I mean, it's both of ours. We're...
我是說,我和他一起創造的…
Yeah, we... Yes.
對,是我們…是的
Cool.
了不起
I'm Christy Ling. This is Alice.
我叫克里斯蒂李,這是愛麗絲
Hi.
嗨
Well, very nice to meet you.
很高興認識你們
Facebook me when you get home.
回去以后加我臉譜
You know, maybe we can all go outand grab a drink.
找機會一起喝一杯
Certainly.
當然可以
Absolutely do that.
我肯定會的
She said, "Facebook meand we can all go for a drink later,"
她說,加我臉譜,找機會出去喝一杯
which is stunningly great for two reasons.
沖這兩點我就要樂瘋了
One, she said "facebook me," right?And then the other is, well, you know...
- 首先她說了加我臉譜,對嗎?- 其次,你知道嗎…
They wanna have drinks later.
她們想約我們喝酒
Yes, have you ever heardso many different good things
沒錯,你有聽過這么短的句子里
packed into one regular-sized sentence?
同時包含了那么多好事嗎?
Excuse me, Mark?
抱歉,你是馬克?
Yeah?
什么事?
I'm Stuart Singer. I'm in your OS lab.
我叫史都亞特辛格我和你一起上操作系統課
Sure.
是的
- Awesome job with The Facebook.- Awesome job.
- 臉譜網真的不錯- 干得漂亮
Thanks.
謝謝
- I'm Bob.- How you doing?
- 我叫鮑勃- 你好嗎?
You knowI could swear he was lookingat youwhen he said the next Bill Gatescould be right in this room.
知道嗎,當他說我相信下一個比爾蓋茲就在這個教室里,我發誓他正看著你呢
I doubt it.
不可能吧
And I showed up late.I don't even know who the speaker was.
我遲到了一會兒,都不知道是誰在演講
It was Bill Gates.
是比爾蓋茲
Shit, that makes sense.
見鬼,有道理啊
All right. Thanks, guys.
好的,謝謝了,伙計們
- Are you a moron?- Are you medically stupid?
- 你是傻子嗎?- 你腦子是不是有?。?span style="white-space:normal;">
You can't tell Bill Gatesis in front of you for an hour?
看了一個小時你都沒認出比爾蓋茲?
I wasn't wearing my contacts.
我沒帶隱形眼鏡
Can I get a Glock and kill you?
殺了你的心都有