I'm Sally Michaels.
我就是Sally Michaels。
I saw that they were giving these courses on writing at the New School so I signed up.
我看到他們在給新學校上這些寫作課程,所以我報名了。
And my teacher was Sloan Cates.
我的老師就是Sloan Cates。
Brilliant, handsome.
聰明英俊。
The truth is, I was in love with him.
事實是,我愛上了他。
And we began spending every minute together.
之后我們開始交往。
Which is why I was sort of surprised when his fiancee showed up.
所以當他的未婚妻出現的時候,我非常吃驚。
Yeah, he never mentioned that he was engaged to a history professor who was on a year-longsabbatical in Spain.
他從來都沒提過他和一個歷史教授訂婚了,那教授當時在西班牙度假。
And when she popped in for an unexpected visit it sort of turned into a reenactment of the Inquisition.
當她突然意料之外地到訪,整個事情就變成了我一連串的盤問。
And that... And that was that? That was the end of that?
就是那樣嗎? 那就是結局嗎?
Yeah. We never saw each other again.
是啊我們再也沒見過面。
I dropped the class and a year later his new novel showed up.
我退了課,一年之后,他的新小說出版了。
The Sally what's-it novel.
就是那個Sally什么的。
With exalted literary aspirations who lures a brilliant writer into an affair so she can take advantage ofhis connections.
"講述的是一個有著高尚文學渴望的學生 The tale of a student",誘惑一位杰出的作家,以便能利用他的關系網向上爬。
But when he tries to break it off, she devotes herself to ruining his life."
但當作家開始阻止這一切發生的時候,她開始報復計劃毀了他的生活"。
Well, I mean, that obviously wasn't you.
我說,那明顯不是說你的。
Well, she's a lit major from Long Island, 5'4", my color hair, all my habits.
呃,她是來自長島的文學本科生,5尺4寸高,頭發顏色與愛好都和我相同。
You know, talks to herself and asks too many questions.
就像我這樣,自言自語,而且愛問很多問題
Her parents founded a weight reduction company that now her sister runs.
她父母建立了一家減肥公司,現在由她姐姐來接管。
Well, anyway, I...
呃,無論如何,我
Since then, every time I pick up a pen l'm haunted by those words that he wrote, you know?
從那以后,每次我拿起筆,我都會被他那些文字糾纏著。
She was a brilliant mimic. You know.
她是個聰明的模仿者。
She could ape Dorothy Parker or Emily Dickinson but stripped of someone else's literary clothes.
她會模仿Dorothy Parker和Emily Dickinson,但是卻搶走別人的文學作品。
She was a vacant, empty imitation of a writer.
她就是個空虛空白的作家模仿者。