This is good. This is good.
很好,很好。
When you hit a wall, you gotta change the subject.
當思路卡殼的時候,就要換個思路。
So why did PoP break up?
為什么POP樂隊解散了呢?
I mean, Rhonda told me that you guys were friends growing up?
Rhonda告訴我你們是一起長大的朋友。
We were, yes, and then Colin met a new manager who convinced him he was the star of the band.
對,我們是,之后Colin遇到了一位新的經紀人,那個經紀人說他是樂隊的明星。
Shortly after, he left, taking the last three songs we'd written together and putting them on his soloalbum which went on to sell eight million records.
不久他就離開了,帶走了我們最后一起寫的三首歌,然后把它們錄進了自己的個人專輯,后來賣了八百萬張。
But how did you deal with that?
但你是怎么處理的呢?
Oh, with drugs, alcohol and ultimately, my own solo album.
噢,毒品、酒精,最后我自己的個人專輯。
Cool.
酷
This copy has been in the racks for six years.
這張已經在架子上擺了6年了。
Come on.
算了吧。
No, no. I check every week.
不不我每周都看。
You see, I made a little mark, there on the back. See?
你看,我做了記號,在這后面,看到了嗎?
It sold only 50,000 copies, most of those to my mother.
只賣了5萬張,大多還是我老媽買的。
Rolling Stone called it ...not even good enough...
滾石把它稱作是"勞民傷財的作品...
Well, I'm sure there were other reviews.
可是肯定還有其他評論的。
There were, there were. But none as good as that one.
有確實是有但這是最好的了。
And they were right, by the way. Yeah.
而且他們說的沒錯。
To cut a long story short, I gave up trying to write lost an incredible amount of money and then myapartment.
長話短說我后來放棄了寫歌,先后失去了大筆的錢和我的公寓。
Chris stuck by me, booked me an '80s reunion night on Long Island.
Chris很為我難過,讓我去了長島的80年代重聚夜。
And suddenly, they liked me again.
突然間人們又開始喜歡我了。
It was weird. It was like I'd never been away.
很奇怪,就像我從來都沒消失過一樣。
The audience was a tad older, as was I but we were very, very profoundly happy to see each otheragain.
歌迷都有點老了,像我但是我們因為能再見到對方都非常非常快樂。
And it went on from there.
從那開始。
Cruises. Reunions. Knott's Berry Farm, which I'm sure you're familiar with.
周游,重聚,我肯定你對Knott的漿果農場很熟悉。
Busch Gardens, that's one of my big fixtures of the year.
Knott花園是我每年最大的收入。
What else can I tell you?
還有什么可以告訴你的?
I really appreciate you opening up to me like this.
我真的很高興你能對我如此坦誠。
I know what it's like to live with a shadow overhead.
我知道在陰影籠罩下的生活是什么樣的。