People came to Facemashin a stampede, right?
大家爭先恐后的上我的Facemash是嗎?
Yeah.
是的
But it wasn't becausethey saw pictures of hot girls.
并不是因為他們愛看辣妹照
You can go anywhere on the Internetand see pictures of hot girls.
這種照片在網上一抓一大把
Yeah.
對
It was because they saw picturesof girls that they knew.
而是因為這些姑娘都是他們認識的
People want to go on the Internetand check out their friends,
人們希望能夠上網了解朋友的動向
so why not build a website that offers that?
為什么我們不建一個這樣的網站呢?
Friends, pictures, profiles,whatever you can visit.
朋友,照片,檔案,所有你想要看的
Browse around.Maybe it's someone you just met at a party.
可以隨意瀏覽哪怕是你剛在聚會上認識的人
But I'm not talking about a dating site.
但我說的不是交友論壇那種
I'm talking about taking the entire socialexperience of college and putting it online.
我的意思是把整個大學社交圈全部搬上網路
- I can't feel my legs.- I know.
- 我的腿凍僵了- 我知道
I'm totally psyched about this, too.But, Wardo?
我也激動的快僵了,但是華多
Yeah?
什么?
"It would be exclusive.
只有身份夠格才能加入
You would have to know the peopleon the site to get past your own page.
你通過自己的主頁去交朋友
Like getting punched.
就像申請社團
Now, that's good.
這倒不錯
Wardo, it's like a final club,except we're the president.
華多,這就是一個終極俱樂部而我們就像俱樂部主席
I told him I thought it sounded great.
我對他說這主意聽上去棒極了
It was a great idea.
絕妙的主意
There was nothing to hack.
根本不需要去盜取訊息
People were gonna provide their own pictures, their own information.
人們會主動提供他們的照片和訊息
And people had the ability to invite, or not invite, their friends to join.
也可以選擇邀請誰為好友
See, in a world where social structure was everything,
在這個社交圈決定一切的社會里
that was the thing.
他就是一把鑰匙
It was a big project,
項目很龐大
and he was going to have to write tens of thousands of lines of code,
他得寫成千上萬條代碼
so I wondered why he was coming to me and not his roommates,
所以我奇怪他為什么來找我 而不去找他的室友
Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.They were programmers.
達斯汀莫斯科維茲,克里斯休斯他們是程序員
We're gonna need a little start-up cash to rent the servers and get it online.
我們需要一些啟動資金用來租伺服器掛網站
So that was why.
這就是為什么
- Did he offer terms?- Yes.
- 他和你談條件了嗎?- 談了
We'll split it 70/30.
三七分賬
70 for me, 30 for you for putting up the $1,000
我七你三,你提供1000美元啟動資金
and for handling everything on the business end. You're CFO.
你做首席財務官處理和財務有關的所有事物
And you said?
你怎么回答?
I said, "Let's do it.
我說,那就干吧
Okay. Did he add anything else?
好,他還說了什么嗎?
Yes.
是的
It probably was a diversity thing.
也許確實因為你是猶太人
But so what?
但又怎樣?
Why do you think he said that?
你覺得他為什么那樣說?
Gretchen, excuse me for interrupting,but whose discovery is this?
葛雷琴,原諒我打斷你這問題誰想出來的?
Sy, if you'll let me continue with my line of questioning.
塞,讓我問完我所有問題好嗎?
What are you suggesting?
你在暗示什么?
That I was jealous of Eduardo for getting punched by the Phoenix
你的意思是我嫉妒 愛德華多可以進鳳凰社
and began a plan to screw him out of a company
所以就想出個計劃搞砸他的公司
- I hadn't even invented yet. - Were you?
- 這公司那時連影子都沒有 - 你有嗎?
- Gretchen.- Jealous of Eduardo?
- 葛雷琴 - 嫉妒愛德華多?
Stop typing. We're off the record.
別打了,這和本案無關
Ma'am, I know you've done your homework,
女士,我知道你做了很多調查
and so you know that money isn't a big part of my life.
雖然我對錢并不看重
But at the moment, could buy Mount Auburn Street,
但此時此刻我有能力買下整條奧本山街
take the Phoenix Cluband turn it into my ping-pong room.
把鳳凰俱樂部變成我的私人乒乓球房