Good afternoon, are you the decision maker of the house?
下午好, 你是一家之主嗎?
Uhhhh. (He’s not sure)
啊。
Do you ah, currently own a set of encyclopedias?
你有大百科全書嗎?
No! No. But ah, try the classifieds, people sell everything in there.
沒有! 你可以查查分類廣告,賣什么的都有。
Actually, I’m not buying. I’m selling.
實際上我不想買書,我是來賣書的。
Let me ask you one question.
我想問你一個問題。
Do your friends ever have a conversation and you just nod along even though you’re not really sure what they’re talking about?
朋友們聊天的時候,你是否經常頻頻點頭卻不太明白他們在說什么?
…I’m telling you it’s totally unconstitutional.
我告訴你這是違反憲法的。
Oh yeah, I totally agree.
沒錯,我完全同意。
…I think he deserves a Nobel Prize. (Joey starts to nod ‘Yes.’)
我認為他應獲諾貝爾獎。
Nooo!! (Joey quickly stops nodding his head.
不!!
…It was like the Algonquin kids table. (They all laugh, but Joey only laughs not to be left out.)
這就像阿爾岡琴族的小孩兒桌一樣。
Excuse me, I’m sorry, you haven’t said anything for about two and a half minutes,
對不起,這兩分半鐘你什么也沒有說,
are you at all interested?
你有興趣嗎?
Yeah-well-yeah! Yeah-oh-yeah. Come on in.
耶! 耶。進來。