She’s in real estate? How did that happen?
她在賣房地產? 怎么會這樣?
Look, I don’t know, and I was not about to ask.
我不知道 我也沒問
Yeah, but when we ran into her that night,
是沒錯 可是那天晚上
she said she was workin’ on a new novel.
她還說她在準備寫新作呢
Yeah, well, look. She hasn’t published anything in 1 0 years, right?
對 可是 她已經10年沒有出版過了 不是嗎?
So she probably just needed the job.
所以她可能就需要份工作了
It doesn’t make any sense though. She’s a great writer.
可這說不通啊 她是個很棒的作家
She’s selling real estate... to you.
她居然賣房地產…給你
Look, you read her shit in the past.
你也讀過她以前的東西
I mean, all that esoteric nonsense.
我是說 全是些深沉的廢話
She probably just can’t get published.
也許她只是沒法出版它們吧
What? Oh, come on. See? That’s
什么? 噢 拜托 看到沒? 這…
You areThat is the problem, right there. ’’Esoteric nonsense.’’
你…這就是問題所在 就是這個 "深沉的廢話"
No. See, where is Where are the people that want literature?
不是這樣的 喜歡文學的人都上哪兒去了?
Is Are we, as a society, the type of people that all we want...
是…我們是不是 這個社會 人們所要追求的…
is pulp and popcorn and the same crap?
就是些庸俗的類似爆米花式的垃圾呢?
Are we not an ideas culture anymore?
難道我們不再對文化有所思考了嗎?
Brian, I’m not gonna have the ’’ideas’’
布萊恩 我不會再跟你談論什么"思考"
conversation with you again, all right?
之類的話題了 行嗎?
Let it rest.
讓它去吧