So, did you have a fun day?
你今天過得好嗎?
As a matter of fact, I did. I probably had the most fun that I have had in a long time.
事實上,很好。哈 哈 哈 哈 我可能渡過了很長時間里最美好的一天
You know, I didn't tell you to quit.
瞧,我并沒要你辭職
No. No, no, no. No, you made damn sure that I'd go nowhere for the next twenty years.
沒有 不 不 不 不 你只是TMD保證了我未來20年里哪也去不了。
I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什么
I hear "please forgive me" is popular.
我聽說“請原諒我”這句話滿流行的
Yes, I am sorry. I am so, so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. But I was trying to protect our family.
是的 對不起 我很抱歉 很抱歉 我并不想傷害你,我只是想保護我們的家庭
If you got a promotion, we never would have seen you. You would have been traveling all the day.
如果你升職的話,我們會再也見不到你了,你會整天出差
Lynette, Lynette, Lynette, you're right. You're right. You're right. That promotion would have just killed us, so this is gonna all work out.
Lynette,Lynette,Lynette,你是對的 你是對的 你是對的,那升職會毀掉我們,所以這樣反而好
What does that mean?
什么意思?
It means that I can use the break.
就是說我可以休息了
Oh, well, yeah. I think it would be good for you to take some time off.
噢,是的 我想你休息一陣子會很好
No, not some time. Full time. I'm gonna be a stay-at-home dad.
不,不是一陣子,是從今往后 我要做個駐家老爸
Huh?
啊?
What the heck? You earn the living for a while.
啊 什么? 暫時由你去賺錢養家
Tom, that's...crazy.
TOM, 這真是…...瘋了
Why? Why is it crazy? You and I both know that you're better at the ad game, and you tell me all the time how hard it is to be a mom.
為什么?為什么這就是瘋了 你和我都知道 你在廣告界比較吃得開 你又一直跟我說做媽媽多辛苦
Well, yes, yes, it is hard, but I, I love it, too, and I've been doing it for six years, and I haven't complained the entire time.
是,是很辛苦,但是我很喜歡,而且我已經做了6年了,我也不是一直都在抱怨
Fair enough. Fair enough. But be honest. Secretly, you miss the ad game, don't you?
很公平夠公平,但誠實點...背地里...你很想念廣告界,不是嗎?
I mean, you miss the pressure and the deadlines and the, the power lunches. Or am I wrong?
我是說,你想念那些壓力和期限 還有那個--那個充滿激情的午餐 我說錯了嗎?
Maybe, maybe you want to sort dirty socks the rest of your life.
也許-- 也許妳想去收拾那些臟兮兮的襪子,讓妳的生活碌碌無為
We should talk about this seriously before we make any rash decisions.
我們在認真地談論這些 在我們做出輕率的決定之前
I already made the decision. You're going back to work.
我已經做了決定, 妳要重返職場