Ah! - Well, hello!
啊 -哦,你好!
Hello, Mrs. Erganian. How are you? - Come on in.
艾太太好,最近如何? -進來吧
Thank you. Is Jack still here? - Yes.
非常感謝,杰克還在這里嗎? -是的
Look what the cat dragged.
看看貓兒帶回了什么獵物
Hi, everybody. Sorry. - Hey.
大家好,很抱歉 -嗨。
Somebody finally arrived. You finally got here. Mr. Prompt.
有人終于到達了。終于來了,準時先生
Oh, remember my kids? Alex, Helen? - Hi. How are you?
記得我的小孩,艾力和海倫嗎? -記得,你們好
We were thinking maybe you went the wrong way, you went to Tijuana...
我們以為你走錯路了
Right. - And they don't let you back.
你去了摩西哥的提華納 而且他們禁止你回美國
Yes! Yes! - Daddy! I had to bribe them.
是的,我還需要賄賂他們
Hey, Miles. - Hey. How are you, Christine?
你好,麥斯 - 你好嗎?克莉絲汀
Yeah, the freeway was unbelievable. Unbelievable. It was bumper-to-bumper the whole way.
是啊,高速公路 實在讓人太難以置信了…一路來都塞車
People getting an early start on the weekend, I guess.Granted, I got a late start, but...
大家都想早點度周末。而且我還晚出發
Well, we're just glad you made it.
我們很高興你終于到了
Christine, why don't you ask Miles about the cake?
克莉絲汀,讓麥斯 嘗嘗看蛋糕好不好吃?
Oh, good idea. Come with me. - What's this?
好主意,跟我來 -怎么回事?
We don't really have time for that, 'cause we gotta hit the road.
甜心,我們沒有時間了
Oh, come on.! It's just gonna take a second.! - Yeah.
只要一下下就好了.對啊
Jack tells us you are publishing a book. Congratulations.
杰克跟我們說你要出書了,恭喜
Uh... - Yes, congratulations.
是的,恭喜你
Yes, well, uh, it's not exactly finalized yet.
是,還沒有真正確定要出版
So... There has been some interest, and... - Your friend is modest.
但是有些人有興趣 - 你的朋友好謙虛
Oh, come on, Miles. Don't be so modest. Indulge them.
麥斯 別太謙虛,讓他們滿足一下
Don't make me out to be a liar. - What is the subject of your book?
別讓我當個撒謊的人啊。 - 你的書是關于什么主題的?
Nonfiction? - Uh, no. It's... It's a novel.
寫實類嗎? -不,是小說,
Fiction. Yes.
非寫實的?
-Oh.Although there is quite a bitfrom my own life...
哦,不過有很多部分取材于我自己的生活。
so I suppose that, technically, some of it is nonfiction.
那我想技術上 其中一部分是寫實的
Good. I like nonfiction. There is so much to know about this world.
很好,我喜歡寫實類 世界上有太多值得學習的
I think you read something somebody just invented it, waste of time.
我覺得閱讀想像出來的東西 是很浪費時間的
That's an interesting perspective.
那是很有趣的角度
So, which one do you like better?
你喜歡哪一種蛋糕?
Oh, well, I like them both.But, um, if pressed, I would have to say that I prefer the dark.
兩種我都喜歡 .如果一定要選的話.我會選深色的
Told ya.!
跟你說了吧
Bye-bye. - Bye.
再見 -再見