Rex and I are hosting a dinner party for ten next week.
REX和我10周后將舉辦晚宴。
We’re using our best china and serving duck.
我們將使用我們最好的餐具,還將做烤鴨。
So, you and Rex are a couple again?
這么說你和REX重歸與好了。
Yes. You know that’s one of the things I hated most about our separation. Not being able to throw dinner parties.
是的。我痛恨我們分居的,其中一個原因就是……不能舉辦晚宴。
There’s just something so civilized and elegant about them, don’t you think?
它們是那么的優雅和精致,你不覺得嗎?
I take it you have resolved your feelings about his infidelity?
給我的感覺你已經能夠緩解,對他不貞行為的憤恨了?
Let’s just say that I put them in an imaginary box and don’t plan on looking at them for a while.
讓我們這么說吧,我把它們放進一個虛構的箱子里,且近期內不想看到它們。
Do you think that’s the healthiestway to achieve a reconciliation?
你覺得那會是取得和解的最健康的方式嗎?
Well, it won't be easy at first.
一開始會有些困難。
There will be a lot of forced smiles and perfunctory love making, but after a few decades whiz by I am sure I will find a way to forgive him.
要經常強顏歡笑和敷衍了事的性愛,但幾十年之后,相信我會有辦法原諒他。
Well, as long as you have a plan.
既然你已經有了計劃……
I do want to forgive him Doctor Goldfine,but, there’s something he’s still not telling me.
GOLDFINE醫生,我的確想原諒他,但是……有些事他依然沒有告訴我。
Really?
真的?
I think it has something to do with why he had the affair.
我想那和他為什么有外遇有關。
Have you confronted him?
你有沒有和他開誠布公地談過?
Once, and you should have seen the look in his eyes.
有一次,你真該看看他當時的眼神。
He was terrified that I’d figure it out.
很害怕我知道。
You know what it is, don’t you?
你知道他隱瞞的是什么,對吧?
Bree, I can't discuss other patients.
BREE,我不能和你談論其他的病人。
I realize that. This thing that he’s hiding, is it bad?
我明白。他所隱瞞的事……是不是不好的事?
Oh, okay, um, maybe it’s better that I don’t know.
哦,吧,嗯……也許我還是不知道的比較好。
Bree, how does this reconciliation have a chance if the two of you cannot be honest about the innermost parts of your lives?
BREE,如果你們在生活中最隱密的事上,都不能對另一方誠實,種和解怎么可能會有希望?
We’re, um, WASPs, Doctor Goldfine.
我們是,嗯,白種新教徒,GOLDFINE醫生。
Not acknowledging the elephant in the room is what we do best.
對礙眼的事情視而不見,是我們最擅長的事。
You’d settle for that? A life filled with repression and denial?
你能忍受……這種充滿壓抑和拒絕的生活嗎?
And the dinner parties. Don’t forget the dinner parties.
還有晚宴。不要忘記還有晚宴。