1. turn out: 結果是;證明是
(1) 結果為
eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我當時就確信事情最終會好起來。
(2) 被發現是……
eg. Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be completely wrong.
科斯格累夫的預測被發現是完全錯誤的。
(3) 關掉
eg. The janitor comes around to turn the lights out.
那個看門人會過來把燈關掉。
2. blow out: 吹熄;爆裂
eg. I blew out the candle.
我吹滅了蠟燭。
eg. Aim To study clinical profiles and diagnosis of blow out fractures.
目的探討眼眶爆裂性骨折的臨床表現和治療。
3. feel about: 摸索; 揣摩
eg. I had to feel about in the dark for the light switch.
我得在黑暗中摸索著找電燈開關。
4. ask out: 請(某人)外出
eg. How come when I wanted to ask out Eunice everyone made fun?
為什么我一想約尤妮絲,你們就開我玩笑?
5. no big deal: 小事一樁
eg. If the holder loses the interest, it's no big deal.
如果持有人失去了利息,這樣就不會有大的交易。
eg. I filter these into a folder that I try to review nightly—but if I can't get to it nightly, no big deal.
我將這些郵件過濾到一個每夜查看的文件夾,但如果我無法在夜間查看,也不是什么大問題。