Who'd wanna be stuck in a dream for 10 years?
誰愿意被困在一個夢里十年啊?
Depends on the dream.
要看是什么夢了。
So once we've made the plant, how do we get out?
那我們奠基之后要怎么出來?
I'm hoping you have something more elegant than shooting me in the head.
希望你能更優雅一點,別拿槍轟我腦袋。
A kick. What's a kick?
用穿越,穿越是什么?
This, Ariadne, would be a kick.
阿里阿德涅,這就叫穿越。
It's that feeling of falling you get that jolts you awake.
你體驗到的下墜感會將你弄醒。
Snaps you out of the dream.
將你拖出夢境。
We gonna feel a kick with this kind of sedation?
吃了那鎮靜劑,還感覺得到穿越?
That's the clever part.
這正是犀利之處。
I customized the sedative to leave inner-ear function unimpaired.
我特制的鎮靜劑不會損害內耳的平衡系統。
That way, however deep the sleep, the sleeper still feels falling.
這樣不管睡得多沉 夢者仍能感到下墜。
Or tipping.
以及翻倒。
The trick is to synchronize a kick that can penetrate all three levels.
要點是制造能穿越三層夢的穿越。
We could use a musical countdown to synchronize the different kicks.
我們可以用音樂倒計時來同步三個穿越。
He hasn't got any surgery scheduled, no dental, nothing.
他沒預約任何手術,連牙醫也不看。
Wasn't he supposed to have a knee operation?
他本來不是要做膝蓋手術嗎?
Nothing. Nothing that they'll put him under for, anyway.
沒有,沒有任何可使他昏睡的機會。
And we need...
而我們需要。
We need at least a good 10 hours.
我們需要至少10小時的安全時間。
Sydney to Los Angeles.
悉尼到洛杉磯。
One of the longest flights in the world. He makes it every two weeks.
世上最長的航線之一,他兩周飛一次。
He must be flying private, then.
那他肯定是搭私家機去。