Do you think it can be prevented by a woman of inferior birth
妳認為一個出身卑微的女人
whose own sister's elopement resulted in a scandalously patched-up marriage
她妹妹的私奔丑聞 導致先上車後補票的婚姻
only achieved at the expense of your uncle.
都是靠妳姨父花錢擺平 能阻止這段婚事
Heaven and Earth! Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
老天爺,彭伯里的名聲 會被這樣糟蹋嗎?
Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?
妳老實告訴我 妳跟他訂婚了嗎?
I am not.
沒有
Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?
妳能保證永遠不跟他訂婚嗎?
I will not and I certainly never shall.
我不,也絕對不會保證
and can now have nothing further to say.
現在應該沒什麼好說的
I must ask you to leave immediately.
請妳立刻離開
Goodnight.
晚安
I have never been thus treated in my entire life!
這輩子還沒有人這樣對待我
What is going on? - Just a small misunderstanding.
伊莉莎白,這是怎麼回事? - 只是一點小誤會
For once in your life, leave me alone!
拜托就別煩我了
I couldn't sleep. - Nor l. My aunt...
我睡不著 - 我也是,我姨媽…
Yes, she was here.
是的,她來過這里
How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?
對她這種行為 我該如何補償妳呢?
After what you've done for Lydia
妳為莉蒂亞所做的一切
and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.
還有珍 應該補償的人是我
You must know. Surely you must know it was all for you.
妳應該知道 這一切都是為了妳
You are too generous to trifle with me.
妳不會大方到愚弄我的程度