I came to leave you this.
我拿這個來給妳
I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.
我不會再提起 讓妳厭惡惡心之事?
But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.
但請容許我解釋 妳加諸在我身上的兩項罪名
My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.
家父愛維克先生如子
He left him a generous living. But upon my father's death,
他遺留給他豐厚的謀生方式 但家父一死
Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.
維克先生便宣布 無意接受神職
He demanded the value of the living, which he'd gambled away within weeks.
他要求等值的金錢 并在數周內就賭博輸盡
He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.
然後他寫信來要求更多金錢 而我拒絕了
After which, he severed all acquaintance.
之後,他離開所有的舊識
He came back to see us last summer, and declared passionate love for my sister,
他去年夏天回來看我們 并宣稱他深愛舍妹
whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.
還說服她與他私奔
She is to inherit £30, 000.
因為她將繼承三萬鎊
When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it, he disappeared.
等他明白他將無法染指分文 他就消失無蹤
I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana's despair.
我不想表達喬琪娜有多絕望
She was 15 years old.
她那時才十五歲
As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,
至於另一件事 關於令姊與賓利先生
though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,
雖然我的動機似乎不夠充份
they were in the service of a friend.
那只是為了朋友著想
Lizzie.
伊莉莎白
Are you all right?
妳還好嗎?
I hardly know.
我不知道